• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Tech Support - How do I broadcast from a laptop to an old Symphonic TVCR 19 F1?

    Tech Support - How do I broadcast from a laptop to an old Symphonic TVCR 19 F1?


    How do I broadcast from a laptop to an old Symphonic TVCR 19 F1?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    To clarify I got this USB to AV cable and connected it to the TV but nothing happened except a flicker. Do I need something else or do I just have the wrong settings or something?

    submitted by /u/Shmobb
    [link] [comments]

    Does Sockets * Cores * Threads = number of CPUs?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:52 AM PST

    I bought a computer with 6 cores and 12 threads and have been looking to find out how many CPUs that translates to. I saw an answer online but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of my computer having 72 CPUs.

    submitted by /u/saalih416
    [link] [comments]

    Are there improved data recovery techniques that could help get data back from my dead Galaxy S2 (from 8 years ago)?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:08 AM PST

    8 years ago my favourite phone of all time, the Galaxy S2, failed to power on. Really weird failure - worked when I went to bed, but when I awoke, it did not. Never powered on again.

    Have there been any advances in the last 8 years that would help me recover data (specifically photos) from the internal storage? Or even better, any troubleshooting ideas that might bring the phone back to life?

    Thanks! I promise to post the best photo of the bunch if I'm able to recover anything.

    submitted by /u/donthaveauseryet
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a 220uf capacitor instead of a 250uf?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:37 AM PST

    I don't know much about circuits and stuff but I'm basically following the arduino website titled simple arduino player. I know that 220uf is more common.

    submitted by /u/es319
    [link] [comments]

    Why smartphones can't measure weight with screen and distance with laser?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:58 AM PST

    It would be a great replacement for kitchen weighting scales and estimating distances.

    submitted by /u/Nagykanizsa
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible wifi signal

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:47 AM PST

    First off, I appoligize if this is not the right place for this.

    So, I recently did a factory reset on my router because the default login commands were no longer working, and I had not changed them.

    Upon rebooting, the default admin login and passwords still did not work, but the wifi in my room (with the router in it, even 2 ft from the router) is terrible. If I go anywhere else in the house, it is fine, and my wired connection to my PC is upwards of 300mbps.

    However, any devices in my room only get 20mbps max, if they can even connect.

    Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? It was perfectly fine before the reset.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Falp505
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations for an MP3 player that does not have to use iTunes or a Microsoft program and is just straight folders you transfer MP3 files in

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Any good players that came out in the last few years, with a good battery life and expandable memory?

    EDIT I bought a cheap one off eBay a couple years ago, but the battery life is horrible

    submitted by /u/RunnySnot
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have any recommendations for particularly good value computer speakers?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I bought some computer speakers recently (Edified M3200 2.1 Multimedia Speakers), and they were great for about 18 months, but now the sound is shifting between speakers, plus a whole host of other issues, and it's basically deteriorating.

    Anyway, I'm using this as an opportunity to think about upgrading speakers. I'm not looking to go wild, but I was looking at the Bose Companion 2 Series III. They're around 100 bucks - is that good value for the price, or can I do better? I don't mind spending a little more to get something really worth the price, but I also know that there may be great speakers around 100 I don't know about.

    If anyone can offer their opinion, I'd really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/fairlywittyusername
    [link] [comments]

    SD card won’t record video

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:26 PM PST

    My address card won't record video for more than 3 seconds at a time, even though the card is empty and Ivan still add files to it on a computer. I've tried formatting the card but the problem persists.

    submitted by /u/anxious_oranges
    [link] [comments]

    What the latest developments in automated video editing?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:14 PM PST

    A few years ago I circumnavigated the earth by motorbike.

    I amassed ~1000 hours of GoPro and Drone footage.

    I do not have the time or expertise to manually create a highlight reel from this much footage. This footage has never seen the light of day.

    I have been keeping the footage in the hope that one day I can use AI and fully automated software to create nice highlight reels.

    I have tried Magix and Magisto. They were ok for a novelty, however after a while I felt the results were tacky, sloppy, and that the platforms were not compatible of working with large collections such as this.

    I do not feel that an online/cloud based platform will be the answer here, as the collection is 1-2TB in size.

    If anyone can provide some constructive, useful, practical suggestions which would lead to the production of highlight reels from this footage (without me needing to spend time learning video editing and spending weeks sifting through a mountain of footage), I'd be very grateful.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Play Music can't establish a secure connection

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:32 PM PST

    I recently changed my anti-virus from Norton to Kaspersky mainly because it was cheaper and now I can't upload music to Play Music. I tried classifying PM's website as trusted everywhere I could find on Kasperky and I still get the same result. I even turned off the anti-virus but to no avail. Does anybody have a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/Lucky_Bone66
    [link] [comments]

    When will .mp4s, .mp3s and image extensions such as .jpgs become incompatible with new hardware/software?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:08 PM PST

    I have collected 60 gigabytes of pictures, videos, and music that I would like to immortalize, so I made three physical copies, one on a hard drive, the other on a USB, and the third on a CD -- I also have made a cloud copy.

    But, all of this is useless if say, in 50 years, they invent a whole new type of viewing technology that will leave these files in the dustbin of history. Is this even a possiblity? Something like that happened with Flash games, so now we won't be able to play any of them on Google Chrome, and that's a lot of games I thought would stick around forever.

    submitted by /u/Terrible-Customer
    [link] [comments]

    Pirch98 (old IRC client) on Windows 10?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I was on IRC a lot in the early 00s, and Pirch98 was my client of choice. I came across a copy of it in one of my backup folders recently and thought, "hmm I wonder if this works on Windows 10, all these years later..." and sure enough, it worked without a hitch. My question is, are there security vulnerabilities using a stable client from 20 years ago on a new OS like I am?

    Bonus question: how can I access my old tripod page to get Pirch scripts I created back in the day!? Looks like archive.org won't show old tripod member pages :-/

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone Headphone Help

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Bought some Headphones and they work perfectly fine. I can watch videos and listen to music but the problem is when I try to call and the sound completely goes through my phones speakers as if The headphones are plugged in. I've reset multiple times, cleaned the port, unplugged and plugged again... and nothing.

    submitted by /u/solessss
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a HDMI cable that will connect with my Samsung Galaxy Tablet A

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Can anyone recommend a HDMI cable I can plug in to my Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

    I am based in the UK and I'm really not sure which cable to purchase.

    I am pretty sure the laptop is micro usb but so many reviews on Amazon say certain cables are incompatible with Samsung.

    Please point me in the correct direction.

    submitted by /u/nevereatpears
    [link] [comments]

    For laptops: Is there a difference between 64GB flash and 64GB eMMC?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    The laptop in question is the Acer Swift 1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G4JT3JC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.hjhEbZXWB7BE

    I contacted acer through eBay and when they finally answered all they told me was that specs indicate 64GB flash drive and now I'm even more confused.

    Is 64GB flash (memory or drive??) faster than eMMC to boot and run programs? Or is it the same thing? I really want to get this laptop.

    submitted by /u/FogellMcLovin77
    [link] [comments]

    POE switch with uplink

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:38 PM PST

    I need a POE switch with 6 uplink ports for a surveillance project. I havent found any switches with more than 4 ports. Is a 6 uplink port switch even a thing? TIA

    submitted by /u/49erfan21
    [link] [comments]

    OCR for extracting data from cheques?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Curious to if there is a technology out there that can snap a photo of a cheque or other document and extract select data from it?

    For example: At work we receive numerous donations in cheques and instead of manually entering the data into our database (date, name, amount etc.), ideally would be great if we could just snap a photo and have the data already extracted into an excel or the like.

    submitted by /u/patriciajlim
    [link] [comments]

    Options for instructors connecting to a sound system in a yoga studio

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:37 PM PST

    Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

    My wife is opening a yoga studio on 2/15 and has asked me to handle the task of figuring out the right way to set up the audio system. She bought a nice Bose system from a studio that closed a few months ago.

    I don't have a problem setting up and connecting the sound system so that it works properly. My question is:

    Is there an app or system out there that allows for instructors to easily connect to the sound system using their smart phone?

    We will have internet access, via secured wi-fi, for staff and instructors. I know that I can get and easily connect a bluetooth receiver (assuming the current set up doesn't already have that), but I was hoping there were other options I could explore.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/butlermonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Are there products for phones that will act as a pager for my smartphone that isn't a smartwatch?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    I work in a lab setting that doesn't allow the use of cell phones and I have to leave them at my desk. However, I am now in a position where a family member may need to make emergency calls to my cellphone while I'm in the lab, and I would like to know when I'm getting a call or text, even if I can't reply right then and there. At least I know I was getting a call and can leave the lab asap. So I'm looking for something like a pager or device that will vibrate/beep/notify me when my phone at my desk is receiving a call or message.

    Preferably it can work through wifi, as I don't think the distance could be covered by bluetooth.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Doobeast
    [link] [comments]

    Why is google photos uploading pictures

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    I had photos on my camera roll and I put some of them into an album for organization, and I see in my notifications that photos are being uploaded using wifi.

    Where is it uploading them and why? Does this have to do with cloud? because I thought I turned that off.

    submitted by /u/zarek911
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment