• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Tech Support - For Anyone Who's Used Zoom - Did The Entire Company See My Breasts?

    Tech Support - For Anyone Who's Used Zoom - Did The Entire Company See My Breasts?


    For Anyone Who's Used Zoom - Did The Entire Company See My Breasts?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Hello Reddit

    Sorry if this isn't the best place for this post.

    First time poster. Be easy.

    The small start up I work for held a company-wide meeting today. Today was my day off so a Zoom link was sent to me.

    I have to download the Zoom app to join the meeting, I do so and 'dial in'. I wasn't told I would be video conferencing so that's not what I expected.

    The app asked permission for my mic. I allowed. I expected another prompt asking about video but no. So I join the meeting.

    Now, the entire time I'm assuming I've only joined audio, I'm not on video.

    I assume this because:

    -I never gave the app permission

    -I never saw myself on the screen

    -There was a big red camera icon with a line through it at the bottom the screen 'START VIDEO'...meaning video was never enabled. Right? RIGHT?

    I walked around my apartment in a very work-inappropriate top, went to the bathroom, walked into the next room and did other things while I only listened...

    Worst of all though

    Upon seeing a coworker who I've only met through text and emails, seeing how surprisingly handsome he was, I lost my shit. I silently blew kisses, kissed my phone screen, smushed the screen to my titties, etc.

    Ya know, the kinds of things we do when we think no one is watching. Not thinking twice because I know I'm not on camera.

    Now I'm thinking, 'could I have been on screen?' What if I actually did video conference in. WHAT IF IT WASN'T JUST AUDIO DEAR GOD

    Zoom users. Please.

    Please give me peace of mind. You must tap the red 'START VIDEO' icon to enable video in a meeting, correct?

    I mean, seems pretty obvious but I need confirmation to be able to sleep tonight.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Queefer_sutherland89
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Uninstalling a Program and deleting files

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:24 PM PST

    I downloaded AutoDesk ReCap, only to find it wasn't quite what I needed. I had already uninstalled and deleted other things to make room for it, so that was unfortunate. But whatever, now I'm not sure what's going on, I included some screenshots to show more information.

    https://imgur.com/a/VTzWCQN

    Here are some questions:

    1.) Why does it say 1.29 TB? It can't be that big, my hard drive isn't even that big.

    2.) What does that error mean when I try to uninstall it?

    3.) When I try to uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service it first shows this and then when I click "More Info" I'm first brought to a page saying they've detected invalid software (despite getting it directly from their site using an education license) but that quickly reloads to this page before I can read it.

    It still seems to be taking up room up on my hard drive, I just wanted to start over.

    submitted by /u/HAL__Over__9000
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make Google calendar notify me when it's time to leave for an appointment? (Android)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:42 AM PST

    How do I get Google calendar to read out a spoken reminder when I have a reminder due?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:41 AM PST

    How do arcade games ensure non-volatile memory data isn't corrupted without having a "software" power button?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    For all the arcade games I've had the occasion to see the back of, they always seem to only have a hard power switch, including those that do save their scores without main power ( i.e. EEPROM or a battery-backed SRAM).

    However, we have probably all been taught to always properly shut down computers to avoid data corruption or loss. So I would think you would need a soft power button in addition to the switch, if the game saves configuration in the NV memory, to ensure it's done with reading/writing the memory. So why don't they lose their configuration more often? (Not including games that had DIP switches, mostly older ones)

    submitted by /u/dickcheney600
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the following is not a binary signal?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Which of the following is not a binary signal?

    Address

    Read/write select

    Clock signal

    Chip enable

    submitted by /u/RaveMeSilly
    [link] [comments]

    Ad targeting by location? How does it work?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Is this actually possible? Browsing through Google news an ad from the company right below mine popped up... We are not related to each other and work in different areas, never the less there it was.

    Is it due to the location of my IP? (Making things worse, I was connected to a VPN that is supposedly in the other corner of the country)

    I'm aware (Not an expert) that ads will check my cookies to see what sites I have visited and what searches I've performed but by location too? Keep in mind that I would expect to have ads from my city, but from the company next door?

    submitted by /u/Yololio69
    [link] [comments]

    If I send a message on Facebook messenger to someone I’m not connected to, Will they be able to read it?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:07 PM PST

    I have not used Facebook or Facebook messenger in many years. I need to send a message to someone on Facebook. Will they be able to receive it and read it even though we are not connected? I see this person has an active Facebook account and can be contacted on messenger.

    submitted by /u/Ilikedocumentaries9
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to turn your built-in laptop numpad into a Macro Keypad?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Is it good to have a portable (as in 3.5" or 7") ATSC-capable TV?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Hi. I've been thinking: I haven't used cable TV too much in recent years. I've been thinking about investing in a 3.5" or 7" portable ATSC-capable LCD TV. Is it worth it?

    I've noticed in recent years there are more channels to get over-the-air, thanks to multiplexing of TV station channels. I just need some recommendations. Thanks. :D

    (Submitting to this page, as it has to do with technology.)

    submitted by /u/johnnylgarfield
    [link] [comments]

    need .APK file which doesnt show up once installed in menu

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    and shows no text if seen from Installed apps from settings.

    just like evil.apk when generated through kali linux. but since i dont have it installed now, can anyone send me that APK file on very very urgent basic

    PS - IP address & ports & stuff doesnt matter just need .APK file

    THANKS!

    submitted by /u/cybertronpain
    [link] [comments]

    Website monitoring with password-protected site?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:48 AM PST

    I'm trying to monitor a cruise line website for openings in excursions for my parents' vacation. There are no "wait lists" for what my parents want. The only way to snag an excursion is if another passenger cancels their reservation. When others drop their reservations, they open back up to the public. I've been checking the site manually on a regular basis, but it's getting tedious.

    Is there a website that would check the excursion page for me and let me know when/if their activity becomes available? I've tried to set up an alert on Wachete, but the retrieval times out. I'm not sure if it's the password that's the issue or not.

    Thanks for any advice you all might have! Apologies if I'm asking in the wrong sub >_<

    submitted by /u/FigTreePlanter
    [link] [comments]

    Any website for plagiarism checker that doesn't limit me on 1000 words?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    I have my master thesis 25k words, and it's really frustrating.

    submitted by /u/susanvilleula1
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys. Help a girl who doesn't have a clue about Virtual Machines. How many can I run as a professional poker player?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    So I am a professional poker player and this is relevant because I have been inundated for years from people I am close to, to play on their behalf. Well I've decided to just do it. However I do need to behave as if acting from different locations and have been told that the best way to do this would be to run VMs.

    Now the PC specs I just purchased:

    • Intel i9

    • 16GB RAM (but 3 more spaces for for 3 more 16GB chips)

    • 3200 MHZ

    • SSD (the fastest kind supposedly. Not SATA)

    • GIGABIT PORT OF 100GB

    Is running 10 possible? If not, what kind of specification requirements would I need to purchase to run that many safely, and soundly. Thanks so much in advance xxx

    [NB All I will be running is the VM, Windows 10 OS, and poker sites through chrome. Nowt else]

    submitted by /u/DrAubergineLady
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best 4k HDR TV I can get for around £500 ($650ish)?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:17 AM PST

    In market for new TV ahead of PS5 launch. Will be used for bluray and games. Have around £500 ($650) to spend. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/silent--echoes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment