• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Tech Support - If phones can use face recognition technology to unlock the phone, could there someday be ads in mobile games that use that technology to make sure you have to look at the screen to unlock the reward?

    Tech Support - If phones can use face recognition technology to unlock the phone, could there someday be ads in mobile games that use that technology to make sure you have to look at the screen to unlock the reward?


    If phones can use face recognition technology to unlock the phone, could there someday be ads in mobile games that use that technology to make sure you have to look at the screen to unlock the reward?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:26 PM PST

    Phone smells like feet

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

    My iPhone 7 smells just like unwashed feet. I have no idea why- this isn't a problem I've had before. It's not me touching it or anything, the back (usually covered by a case which oddly smells fine) also smells like feet. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

    submitted by /u/-134
    [link] [comments]

    Screens embedded in a desk top? Anyone have any experience?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Hello all! I'm trying to get something sorted as part of a project my organization is doing. We have a dais in a large assembly room, think something like this except in the front of a public forum room.

    We are investigating smart solutions to put a screen in every seat at the dais so that the representatives seated there can view documents or presentations. I was looking for all-in-one tablet PCs like this that could be milled into the desktop. We are trying to investigate other solutions, though, and are running into a dead end. Is anyone familiar with products or services that offer something similar to what I've described?

    We were also interested in something like the Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500, but that device doesn't run a full version of Windows 10; it looks like it runs a stripped down version only for connecting to meetings via software clients.

    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/GeneralGuide
    [link] [comments]

    index of mp3 music files?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:37 PM PST

    Sites like putlockers or similiar move streamers get all their movies from a source or database. Is there anything like this for mp3 files of songs and music (available online)?

    submitted by /u/unnamed21
    [link] [comments]

    Does a device always know how to reach a local domain via DNS and how?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 03:32 PM PST

    I'm trying to understand networking and I'm stuck on DNS, any help would be appreciated. So, for example, imagine I have a local DNS server, a domain .bar, and I want to resolve foo.bar. On Wikipedia it says I ask the root nameserver first illustration. But how would it know how to forward me to my local nameserver? My guess is that if I had set my machine to use the local DNS server, it would forward it automatically without reaching the root nameserver. But if I had set my machine to use, for example, 8.8.8.8, I wouldn't be able to reach the local domain, would I?

    submitted by /u/SleeplessSloth79
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a phrase or word that describes why technological leaps now feel less significant/huge than they did in the past?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I remember watching videos in the past regarding this topic that described this phenomenon, particularly in the world of game console generations feeling like less significant evolutions and was wondering if anyone knows what it's called? I can't remember for the life of me.

    submitted by /u/ijaechang
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Samsung Smart TV Model UN40KU6300 which i'm using as a monitor, is there a Windows program/s i can download to improve sound and picture quality?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 12:58 PM PST

    I use it to listen to music and game, wondering if there are some programs which can improve the quality of the picture and sound. Can't really listen to music on it because the sound is flat and many options are greyed out(video as well) when trying to adjust settings via the TV itself.

    submitted by /u/jazir5
    [link] [comments]

    Old casette camcorder makes popping sound and turns off

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I have a Canon MV500i that makes a popping sound and turns off when switched to record. I have had similar problems with the 3ds where it was an issue with the ribbon cable, but i wanted to know if anyone had an idea of what it could be.

    submitted by /u/BubblesomeOcean
    [link] [comments]

    More RAM or faster RAM?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    I am building a new PC for gaming and streaming. For the new build I got 2x8GB of Gskill trident Z DDR4 3600. My current PC has 2x8GB of the same RAM but DDR4 3000.

    Using all four sticks would result in all 32gb running at 3000mhz right? So I am wondering if I'm better off with 16gb running at 3600, or 32gb running at 3000. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DusterDelo
    [link] [comments]

    Friend's phone (Android) is being remotely tracked and logged, how to disable/remove the software?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Hi,

    If I have posted in the wrong sub, please link me to the right one.

    My close friend told me today that there was a tracking software on her phone implemented by her parents (helicopter parents, well known during the time i've been friends with her) in which she claims that the software tracks her storage, when she unlocks her phone, location, and possibly even a keylogger. Her father works in technology and has installed the software just yesterday. I've looked through the files of the phone and only found something called "qmove", although I may need to check for something again. I'd like to know some things and how to find out how, such as:

    Will a VPN be ineffective against a locally installed software like this?

    How can I disable/uninstall/deter this software from doing what it wants?

    submitted by /u/AlphaGuppy
    [link] [comments]

    My parents wish to use a WiFi Extender (Powerline) to run into a second router for extended signal throughout the house. Can anybody point me to a guide for this? Quite tech savvy, this is just an area I've never touched before

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment