• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Tech Support - Grinding sound out of my laptops fan port?

    Tech Support - Grinding sound out of my laptops fan port?


    Grinding sound out of my laptops fan port?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:24 PM PST

    Okay so I'm pretty useless when it comes to electronics & stuff. I can fix a car no problem but when it comes to computers & crap I'm useless. A few minutes ago, my laptop started making a grinding sound for a few moments before coming to a painful sounding stop. Everything seems to be working normally, but obviously something broke, my question is what.

    Would it be the hard drive? I'm very worried about that. If the hard drive broke while in mid-use, would the laptop shut down or give me an error immediately? Or will it continue to run normally until I shut it off & turn it back on?

    Or could it be the fan? I'm leaning towards the fan since thats the general area the sound came from. The laptop isnt overheating or anything. Can I still run the laptop without the internal fan until I can buy an external USB fan, cooling pad, etc etc? I know this might sound stupid, but as I said, I'm useless so lol...

    As long as it isn't the hard drive I'm good, but if it's the hard drive, then I'm in for a world of hurt, please help.

    submitted by /u/XTeeManX
    [link] [comments]

    Does one handed mode save battery power on lcd phones

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:35 AM PST

    Wireless USB Transmit/Receive Adapters?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:02 PM PST

    Not sure if this exists, having trouble finding it.

    I'm looking to create a wireless connect from my computer to a guitar amp, which accepts a USB-B connection. Does a transmit/receive pair exist like this, to act in place of a wire? It is used to control amp settings via a program on the computer, and trying to eliminate clutter.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/bsgman
    [link] [comments]

    Case decals

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:28 AM PST

    I'm looking for vynils to put on my PC tower but everything find is for laptops.please help

    submitted by /u/Angrygrandpa123
    [link] [comments]

    Do vpns on a phone only work on websites or apps?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 09:49 PM PST

    For example, I use a vpn on a site and the site will register the ip as the the vpn, but does the same work on an app? Will the app pick up the ip of the vpn too?

    Also, if you use an app like what's app on iPhone without vpn, will my service provider be able to read the convo im having or will it be masked because it's a secure app?

    I'm asking because I'm using my work phone and I don't want them knowing about my business when I use it for non work purposes like when I'm applying for other jobs.

    Also, how do you ensure your safety when using a vpn- for example let's say you're using a free vpn and another user in another state is using the same network to do something illegal online- how do you protect yourself from it lokkkng like it's your phone doing it or being swept up in their illegal activity since you're using the same phone?

    submitted by /u/portoportoi
    [link] [comments]

    On Chris Cuomo's show he "corrects" a Congressman for claiming that cloud storage systems don't require a server. Is this true?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:51 AM PST

    This is the clip in question

    submitted by /u/DoctorStrangeBlood
    [link] [comments]

    Unique Google Forms

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:08 PM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I don't quite know what I'm looking for, so I'll explain the function I'd like to see and hopefully someone knows of a tool I could use to do so.

    I'd like to create a form (like a Google Form) on which students will determine which courses they'd like to drop or add for the coming semester. Last year we used a standard Google Form to do so, but to address some of the issues we had, I'd like the "drop" list to be unique to the courses each student is tentatively scheduled for already. Essentially, I'd like student to be able to "log into" an online form with a unique student ID number, at which point they would see a list of courses they have been assigned for the next semester to choose which, if any, they'd like to drop. In this dream scenario, I'd be able to feed an Excel spreadsheet with student ID numbers and the scheduled courses into the system to generate these forms.

    Are there any programs out there that can handle this request? Better yet, are there any free programs that can?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/ilovethemets90
    [link] [comments]

    PC reboots 5 minutes into destiny 2 everytime

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:20 PM PST

    I just built a brand new PC. Everything runs fine. But when I go to play destiny it reboots 5 minutes into it. Every part is brand new. None of it is overheating, I ran a program and CPU is at 32°C and GPU is at 69°C. Getting a little frustrated because I dont know what is wrong. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Sandviper121
    [link] [comments]

    Preventing Food Waste?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:19 PM PST

    Does anyone have any ways to help prevent leaving food out for long periods of time? One of my family members has this happen a lot (with leftovers, groceries and take-out containers) and ends up having to throw away a lot of food. I'm specifically looking for products to possibly be a gift (which would be a lame gift but it would end up saving their family a ton of money!) or even just tips and tricks.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rachelbudke
    [link] [comments]

    Someone told me that splitting a coaxial used for internet will cut the speed in half. Is this true?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 12:40 PM PST

    I have a single live coaxial with 50 megabit speed. If I use a coax splitter, will each line only have 25mb?

    What I'd like to do is actually split my coax to like half a dozen rooms in my house and just put a modem in each room to connect to it. Is there any major issues with doing this?

    submitted by /u/sidianmsjones
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell this computer? What else should I use it for?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:23 PM PST

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Workstation-Z1-27in-1TB-Intel-Xeon-3-3GHz-16GB-All-in-One-Desktop/174111909158?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661

    Currently have this computer, I am unsure as I should sell it as I would get $400 tops. I don't know if I should keep it or sell it for this low price.

    submitted by /u/cesmeS1
    [link] [comments]

    Best value gpu not including RTX, needed for OC/fps

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 09:56 PM PST

    I have an z390 auros pro Gigabyte mobo and am wondering what graphics cars I should purchase that is not an RTX. My reasoning is because I am not intending to play any new titles or using DLSS. Seeing articles an 1080ti would have the best boosted OC though my price range can only afford used ones on online retailers with god knows the level of scuffed. Any experience on current cards or if the new tech w heatpipes or cooling on the recent rtx models are just a better buy.

    My motherboard has a cap of 3200mhz. I have an i5-9600k.

    submitted by /u/EddyPeddie
    [link] [comments]

    I turned on block cookies on iPhone and all the open tabs on my safari are lost. How can I recover them

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:26 PM PST

    I didn't clear anything on safari settings so the history is still there but it cuts out to a certain point and I need the websites that were on open tabs before that. How can I get them back?

    submitted by /u/portoportoi
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to charge a phone with a piece of paper?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:26 AM PST

    I read that dipping a piece of paper in a solution can allow it to carry charge.

    https://newatlas.com/paper-battery-nanotechnology/13537/

    Could this open the possibility of charging a phone with a piece of paper? I.e. If you turned the page of a magazine and saw a sign that said "charge your phone here", could there feasibly be enough charge to temporarily feed into your phone?

    submitted by /u/Ijustlovebanter
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop that runs on Windows 7 takes lots of time to boot.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:41 AM PST

    So I have a laptop that runs on Windows 7, a few days ago, the laptop started taking lots of time to boot up. Like I get the "Welcome" screen which takes like 5 minutes to go away and then I get a black screen with the cursor which lasts for like 15 minutes possibly and then everything shows, so I was wondering what could have that or if I can fix this somehow?

    submitted by /u/Antares9123
    [link] [comments]

    Internet speed on my PC

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:14 AM PST

    So i get 250 MBps from my internet service provider and i have tested the speed with a CAT6 cable multiple time with my laptops and always get ~250 but when i plug the LAN cable into my computer i only get around 110 ish. I already checked if my motherboard was the problem but it has a 1GBps port but i could always be mistake, my motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS. If not my motherboard or cable, what else could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/Magnetic_Cyclops
    [link] [comments]

    Telemetry

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Can anyone who is familiar with Telemetry Boxes explain how the leads transmit signal from the chest to the box? I understand the steps of setting up the device and its function but I am wondering how exactly the electrical signal travels from the patch to the box via a wire.

    submitted by /u/cainsouthern123
    [link] [comments]

    Hauwei mediapad t5 doesn't recognize Xbox 360 wired controller???

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:24 AM PST

    Hi everyone I've got a question. When I connect my Xbox 360 controller to the mediapad t5 Tablet through an OTG cable it doesn't recognize the controller, what could it be? I've tried the same controller with the same cable with my Xiaomi phone and it works great, so I don't think the the problem is the controller or the cable. Can anyone help me? I've tried everything!!

    submitted by /u/Alessio1997
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment