• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 24, 2019

    Tech Support - Emergency question... I have to return a refurb I got from Amazon. I switched the SIM to a new phone. Do I have to do anything else in terms of clearing my private info from the Amazon phone?

    Tech Support - Emergency question... I have to return a refurb I got from Amazon. I switched the SIM to a new phone. Do I have to do anything else in terms of clearing my private info from the Amazon phone?


    Emergency question... I have to return a refurb I got from Amazon. I switched the SIM to a new phone. Do I have to do anything else in terms of clearing my private info from the Amazon phone?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ranchdepressing
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 and 144HZ Monitor

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    So I have a ps4 ( don't know if it is a slim or pro) and I was wondering what would happen If I rurun the ps4 on a 144hz monitor. Would it work ?

    submitted by /u/LegitimateBumblebee3
    [link] [comments]

    What is the safest & most automated way to identify and remove duplicates from drives with millions of miles?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:40 PM PST

    I need software that does byte-by-byte comparison of file content to be 100% accurate at correctly identifying duplicates, even if the filenames and date/time are different.

    It must NOT delete BOTH copies of the file, nor match a UNIQUE file with another file, under any circumstances - I need to know that robust safeguards have been built into the software to prevent anything like this from occuring.

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Internet says its working, xfinity says its working, can't connect to games

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 08:12 PM PST

    I'm trying to find servers for multiple games on Xbox and multiple games on my pc, on xbox i find no games and on pc I can't even connect to most servers. Ive turned off the firewall, had xfinity restart the router, restated it again myself, did a dnsflush, opened ports for the games im trying to play, tried using my ethernet cable, and even factory reset the pc and xbox as Ive never had this issue and still nothing. What else can i do? I can also download games perfectly fine and launch my online single player games with no issues, like the witcher 3 and kingdom come deliverance.

    submitted by /u/Centuurion
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the lack of documentation/further action on the GT-U7 GPS board?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 10:59 AM PST

    So I'm new to hobby electronics and I recently bought a GPS board called the GT-U7. I know I should have done more research prior to purchasing this board but I didn't and now I can't find any documentation on it. I have spent time looking for documentation but to no avail. Anyone have any idea or information about it? What should my next course of action be now?

    PS I bought this last year but I just got around to working with it so I don't think Amazon will accept it back.

    -- Also, I was redirected here from r/ askelectronics

    submitted by /u/SpareRecognition
    [link] [comments]

    Is It Still Worth It? (Laptop Buying)

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 05:52 PM PST

    Hello! I am from the Philippines and thinking to buy a laptop, however its the last quarter of 2019 and im worried if theres a major price markdown when 2020 comes. Im also worried if theres a better model in 202p. I am really looking for Asus Tuf series with a price range of $700 - $1200 (php 40,000 - 65,000) It would also be great if you could suggest a laptop for Gaming, Some Heavy Editing and Rendering (PS, AE, PR), and using Autocad. Thankyou! Godbless us All

    submitted by /u/JohnyPineda
    [link] [comments]

    Can viewing nsfw Google image thumbnail previews give you a virus?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 09:55 AM PST

    I clicked on a nsfw gif thumbnail on a google image search, but I did NOT go to the website itself. But I saw in the gif preview that the website would pop up that I was infected and my information would be sent, etc. Is this possible without me actually going to the website? Can a gif preview infect my phone and give my personal info?

    Side question: A google image sesrch goes on your browser history, but when viewing image previews, does the source website go on your search history? Or any other history?

    submitted by /u/xTrainerRedx
    [link] [comments]

    Can I claim a Google knowledge panel for a dead relative?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:33 PM PST

    Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this. 6 of my close relatives (three direct ancestors, three uncles) have Wikipedia pages as they played important roles in the Irish struggle for independence, and they all have Google knowledge panels seemingly based off the Wikipedia information. However, the knowledge panels are in a horrific state, the worst offender being in which one of these people has their father listed as their father and also grandfather, and their brother as being seemingly their other father. To top it all off, the picture of said person is of someone else completely! Is there anyway that I can claim the knowledge panels to fix them up factually so things don't come up like saying one of these people is currently 172 years old? If I cannot do this, is there a way I can get these panels to be fixed? Thanks very much.

    submitted by /u/jackburke2005
    [link] [comments]

    Do applications still get rendered if they are off/ partially off screen?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:07 PM PST

    Say, Windows 10, playing a game in windowed mode where half the window is outside the scope of the windows desktop.

    Will computer resource consumption decrease as less information has to be processed and sent to the monitor, or does it still get rendered fully, but only showing you the corner you want to see?

    submitted by /u/toxicxarrow
    [link] [comments]

    Can you transfer your Whatsapp data from an Android device to an iPhone?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:47 PM PST

    hi reddit, dunno how to word this or if this is the correct subreddit for this issue but i hope i can get some info about this issue.

    As the title says, I wanna transfer my whatsapp data from an Android phone to an iPhone, is it possible or am I just walking a dead end?

    I heard about multiple third party software but they are either not reliable or paid and, as a minor, i'm not one to have the income and don't really wanna crack it. Is there a free software or a way to internally do it from the app?

    Thanks in advance to everyone~

    submitted by /u/mighty_phi
    [link] [comments]

    Live Streaming over Ethernet

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 08:29 AM PST

    Hey y'all!

    So I had an idea but I'm just not sure how to make it happen.

    I wanted to make a live stream setup for all of the concerts, theater productions, etc for the school district I work in (IT guy). Sounds simple right? Just take a camcorder, stream it through a converter and pump the video through. Then plug in the audio interface for some funky fresh sound. Now THAT we have. But my job is to upgrade the snot out of it.

    So my idea is this: I want to have 2-3 cameras (preferably DSLRs or nice video cameras) set up in different places throughout the auditorium connected via Ethernet. The reason I say Ethernet is because I want to have a computer up in the tech booth specifically dedicated to streaming, so I wanted to connect to the cameras over the LAN so I can create different scenes in OBS depending on what's happening (like connecting to one of the cameras towards the front of the stage when someone has a singing solo, then switching to the camera in the back to get a full view of the chorus). Is there a way to do something like this? Or if there is another easier way (preferably not running 100 ft HDMI cables)?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MaliciousMuffin01
    [link] [comments]

    How does Delinking and erasing on google work?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:49 AM PST

    So what exactly is Delinking a URL? How is it different from erasing data? Will I be able to find the delisted data directly through a link ? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/nomic123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment