• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Tech Support - The NSW RFS in Australia uses a 6 figure grid reference system. How do I convert this to UTM and visa versa?

    Tech Support - The NSW RFS in Australia uses a 6 figure grid reference system. How do I convert this to UTM and visa versa?


    The NSW RFS in Australia uses a 6 figure grid reference system. How do I convert this to UTM and visa versa?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 12:36 AM PST

    See here. Is there an intuitive way to convert this 6-figure grid reference system to UTM coordinates, and visa versa?

    I just can't get my head around it

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to recover data from a hard bricked samsung galaxy?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    Changing Monitors 2k to 1080p

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:29 AM PST

    Hello, I have a TN Panel Dell S2417DG 2K monitor, I mainly play online FPS games. As you know a lot of TN panel monitors don't give great colors, didn't know that when i bought it. I'm experiencing color banding on this monitor a lot, and also have trouble seeing people in FPS games. My question is this, should i sell this monitor to get a full hd VA or IPS panel monitor to get a better visual so that I can notice my surroundings more in FPS games, or should i keep it?

    submitted by /u/Dosheet
    [link] [comments]

    Way to avoid facebook autozuck algorithms???

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:47 PM PST

    I've had many accounts taken down in the past, starting from my adolescent shitposting and troll days and recently an account I've had since 2018 got taken down and now whenever I try to make a new account it gets autozucked and idk if it's my IP address which is blacklisted, my MAC address or cookies on my device. Idc about facebook terms of service since I hate the company and their ethics, I'm just looking for a way to stay under the radar of the algorithm and get back on facebook

    submitted by /u/burnmyeyes66
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft tablet stuck on clear TPM blue screen.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Guys, I have a wisebook au101t, and I reset it day before yesterday. After taking almost an hour to reset, it showed me this blue screen message saying, "A configuration change was requested to clear this computers TPM." And after showing this message the screen is stuck, nothing works. I tried restarting the divorce but it loads to the blue screen again. I drained the battery of it and after giving it to charge, it loaded to the same blue screen again. Pls help!!!

    submitted by /u/sherzadeaturass
    [link] [comments]

    Does nvidia quadro 4000 bottleneck pc

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:26 PM PST

    I just set up a secondhand pc with win 10, it contains a phenom II x4 and 8 gb ddr3 ram, it struggles to run halo 2 vista even though the processor and ram are at minimum for the new master chief collection. My laptop with integrated gfx, 2 gb ram, and an intel celeron runs it better. Is it my graphics card?

    submitted by /u/liloofmemes
    [link] [comments]

    Best programs / methods to clean up computer?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:58 PM PST

    Best programs / methods to clean up computer?

    submitted by /u/newmanstartover
    [link] [comments]

    Will This Power Supply Work With This XLR Condenser Mic?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:36 PM PST

    I am a small Streamer but I make enough for it to be my job and I just spent over 100 dollars on a new microphone. It was the BlueMicrophones Spark SL Blackout. It is a really nice microphone and should be an upgrade but sadly what I didn't know when I got it is that it requires a power supply or audio interface with at least 48V Phantom Power to actually work.

    I am not quite excited to spent over 100 dollars on lets say a Focusrite Scarlet Solo so I was hoping a cheaper budget power supply that is advertised as having 48V Phantom power would work for at least a little while when I am able to drop another 100 on a nicer audio interface. I was looking at this one and i want to know if you guys think it will be able to power my microphone.

    My Mic: https://www.newegg.com/blackout-blue-microphones-0137-usb-connector/p/N82E16836431038?Description=blue%20spark%20sl&cm_re=blue_spark_sl-_-36-431-038-_-Product

    The Power Supply I am Looking at: https://www.newegg.com/p/0TF-00V5-00032?Description=neewer%2048v&cm_re=neewer_48v-_-9SIA94K3RS7134-_-Product

    submitted by /u/pigpuncher368
    [link] [comments]

    Are phone rooting kits trustworthy? Is ubuntu phone a better option, if someone wants full control and no bloat/spyware?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:17 PM PST

    Hi all. I have a Samsung S5, and there are just so many programs, that have full access to all kinds of things on the phone, and they are pre-packaged bloat/spyware. There is no way to rid them from the phone without rooting it, but the options to root the phone seem suspect at best.

    Is mobile ubuntu far enough along to be a usable option? I know I'd need to replace my S5 with a supported phone, but is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/-0-O-
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up my Kindle to my Wi-Fi

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:29 AM PST

    I bought a Kindle. I have tried to set it up, but it is not seeing my Wi-Fi network.

    My phone and other devices are connected to my router.

    I called my internet provider and asked if my network is hidden? They said no, if it were my devices wouldn't connect. They said the problem is the Kindle.

    The Kindle sees multiple other networks in the neighborhood, just not mine.

    Any idea what the problem is?

    submitted by /u/ginger97520
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter what type of micro sd card I buy.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:26 PM PST

    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 32GB and it says I can expand the storage up to 512GB anytime With a Micro SD card.

    The OS is Android 9 Pie.

    Does it matter what type I buy.

    I try to look some up but all I get are MicroSD and MicroSDXC and MicroSDHC.

    Does it matter which type I buy or are they all the same?

    submitted by /u/NextEffect
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a way to reroute multiple audio sources (consoles/PCs) to one pair of headphones

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    Hello, one of the largest issues that I have with my gaming and work setup is that there isn't a good way to avoid the hassle of headphone output from multiple sources. I have a nintendo switch, a pc, and a ps4. I was curious if there was a device that I could purchase which would allow me to hear audio from all 3 at the same time? Is that even possible? I use wired headphones. I have heard of audio mixers where you can plug a bunch of audio cables into it and switch output but that isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

    If there isn't a device like the one that I am looking for, is it possible to somehow have all the audio from my nintendo switch and ps4 playing on my desktop so I can just rely on one 3.5 mm port? So that I could just plug my headset into my pc and be able to hear all audios? I have an Elgato HD60S as well if it makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/XoRDroopy
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 7th Generation Questions

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:54 PM PST

    So this Christmas my sister collaborated with my family to get me an iPad with the Apple Pencil for me. Super thoughtful gift, as I have been meaning to start drawing again and feel that doing so digitally would be fun! The only downside is that I have recently switched all of my devices off of Apple products (phone + watch namely) so now I'm out of their ecosystem. I've loved the change so far and Android's level of customization has really been a great change. My question now is do I even try jailbreaking the iPad to function more as an Android device or do I just settle for having a single iOS device in my life? I'm not even sure that the Apple Pencil would function on a jailbroken device but the thought of going back to Apple's sandbox feels so claustrophobic to me. What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/kingtuf
    [link] [comments]

    I sent an email to a friend/work colleague and it took a full five minutes for their 'out of office' to arrive. Is this normal?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:40 AM PST

    I just sent a brief, friendly Christmas email to an old colleague/friend, and it took five minutes for their 'out of office' to arrive. Is this normal, or have they sent me a spoof? We are in different countries, if that is relevant. It just read 'I am currently on leave and will attend to your email on my return'.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nearby_Web
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a new modem and router and if so how do I set it up?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:56 AM PST

    Hello everyone. Apologies ahead of time as I don't know much about this so my terminology may be incorrect.

    Our family once again subscribed to an ISP we unsubbed in the past due to poor internet quality. We previously stopped because the internet was so bad that the internet was only available at night and at around 100kbps; we resubscribed because we heard from our neighbor who is subbed to the same ISP that due to poor internet speed a lot of families in my town unsubbed which ironically led to better internet quality. On a side note, I once asked my dad why we couldn't subscribe to a better ISP and he told me that the town we lived in was controlled by a Cooperative that handles the utilities like water and cable and that the Cooperative refuses to find a better ISP or improve the infrastructure for reasons I don't know.

    Anyways, so when we resubscribed, the ISP people replaced our modem and router with a Thomson TWG-870 which the ISP people says it's a 2 in 1 modem/router. All was well for like two months but then problems start popping up. I noticed that when there were many people connected to the internet or if someone was downloading large files while others were connected we would randomly get disconnected and had to restart the router to reconnect (When we tried to reconnect it just said access denied/blocked or something to the same effect). And then one day I noticed I couldn't connect automatically on my laptop. I checked the connection icon and saw that the router had reset to the default name and now used the default password, the latter of which was very long and annoying to input. I connected to the router and set it up again and it worked for a week then it reverted to default settings. Oh, and the disconnecting problem got worse. It took me a week of failing to download COD mobile because the my phone kept getting disconnected to just give up and spend some money to load up my pocket Wi-Fi just to download without interruption.

    I had initially suspected that maybe someone was screwing around with the router settings but that theory was quickly disproven when a family member started cussing like a sailor for getting disconnected during a ranked match.

    Anyway, so I was thinking of buying a new router and modem. I haven't consulted with the ISP yet because I think I can just replace the router without their consent but I am unsure about this so I'm asking. I also have a few questions first:

    First, should I consult the ISP first?

    Second, is this problem due to the router or something else? Something we did? What the ISP did?

    Third, if I choose to buy a new one, how do I set it up? Or should I just let the ISP people do it assuming they can?

    Fourth, what specs should I look for in a modem and router assuming I buy one?

    I'm really out of my element and needs some hepl. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aBRaMeN
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you migrate installs?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:01 PM PST

    What happens when you clone files in the windows folder and everything on the computer onto a new hdd or ssd? (needs to be new install so it is 100% working.) (Windows 10 only!) (do it on your own time.) If you know this question tell me on the comments. (32x or 64x install)

    submitted by /u/Cartgamingyt
    [link] [comments]

    Bedside Alarm Clock programmable via a phone?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Don't know if this is the right place to ask... but going to try:

    My 94 year old grandmother is just recently showing her age... she's a tough cookie... I visit as often as I can, but am looking for a solution to (at a minimum) help remind her to take her medicines.

    What I'm picturing would be an alarm clock that LOOKS like a standard bedside alarm clock (simple display, showing time and maybe date only... she's 94 and won't attempt to deal with touchscreens and the sort). I would like to be able to program multiple alarms in it that I could record my voice and say (for example), "It's 10:00, Time to take the blue pill, the white pill, and the red one". It would need multiple alarms for different pills throughout the day. Those messages would be pretty much scheduled... but I'd like to be able to add reminders for Doctors appointments, so I'd like to be able to make these voice alarms on the fly through my cell phone (we have wifi hooked up at her house).

    There's a product called Reminder Rosie that looks like it would almost be good for what I want except that you have to be there to make the voice messages. I'd like something I could do from my phone when I'm not there.

    submitted by /u/phunknsoul
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi extender or access point ?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:37 AM PST

    Hi everyone, my first post here so sorry if wrong community.

    So my router is in room A and have a Pc in room B I can't get the cable from the router to the PC and the PC CANT USE WI-FI, I NEED CABLE !

    I thought I could use something to receive the wifi connection from the router and then use cable to my PC.

    Does something like this exist ?

    submitted by /u/knesha
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good 27 inch monitors out there with 2 HDMI ports?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:42 AM PST

    My SO had often talked about how they liked how I could just use my computer and Switch on the monitor without the hassle if unplugging each one like they do and I want to get something with two HDMI ports, similar if not better than the one I have. I have a BenQ 27" LED, I honestly don't remember details other than I got it a few years ago on sale for $130, and I can't check because they are actually using my monitor right now. But I can if I can get them out of the gaming room. My limit is $250, but if I like it I might go over that.

    submitted by /u/xtra_chromosome
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to find the results on Orbitz.com to find out how much tickets were a week ago?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:37 AM PST

    I'm doing an experiment, and I was wondering if I could find the prices of a ticket from 2 days ago.

    submitted by /u/tnk9241
    [link] [comments]

    Is Google adsense viewing direct traffic as invalid traffic?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:44 AM PST

    Ad serving has been limited due to invalid traffic? I am getting a direct traffic on my web app - apkwing.org/scan. Its an antivirus scan app ( I have full consent for using the source code of this app). I want your suggestions why adsense has considered the traffic on my app as invalid.

    Adsense Report (1 Dec to 20 Dec 2019): pagviews -6417, impressions - 14000, clicks - 67, page rpm - $48.

    Analytics - bounce rate -60 %, avg session duration - 2.2m, users - 300, pages/session - 1.8 ( data is per day average) Please help me to identify if I am violating any adsense policies ( which I don't think so i am doing) or if I am, please give your suggestions.

    The source of direct traffic is from - https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AFnwnKXEnYYi70h52u9S0ybgFY8PpAaDtUdjjOjhJqnA6GlPW4MtTX9B483EEQ2LuM1O6jrGqAJAKqWpIRw97Ekt70uDUjXLuSMCtoSqhiU-nkjse4gGGKnOR3Lk5fYE2jpefV9Mg0_7Mt7AcUn6clvPrqzU0ueZQ_MdsBKFh5xmacWtpGeZNxBNjs5J-qMJSH0

    submitted by /u/Digember
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment