• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Tech Support - Can I just copy and paste my C drive onto a newer drive without having to reinstall Windows?

    Tech Support - Can I just copy and paste my C drive onto a newer drive without having to reinstall Windows?


    Can I just copy and paste my C drive onto a newer drive without having to reinstall Windows?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:45 PM PST

    I want to upgrade my main C drive with Windows 10 on it to an NVMe drive. How hard is that? Is it like replacing any other drive? Will Windows still work just fine, but just on a newer drive now? Or will things not work until I reinstall Windows or something like that?

    submitted by /u/Master_Vicen
    [link] [comments]

    Video Editing of an External Hard Drive

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:11 AM PST

    Hello friends. I've got a question about editing off an external hard drive.

    I'm looking to upgrade the storage for my videos. I found the WD Black external hard drive at 7200rpm and 250mbps up and down. It looks like a wonderful drive and I've found some great reviews on it.

    But, while I'd like to store my video on it, I also want to be able to edit off it. Has anyone one ever edited off an external hard drive? If so, what would you recommend?

    Addition: I do know that external SSDs are amazing for editing, but I don't have the money to shell out for one. I need a lot of storage for cheap.

    submitted by /u/Alphaem_00
    [link] [comments]

    Photo organizer software to group photos and find duplicate

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:16 AM PST

    I don't need an editor, just something that can help me group similar picture together, find duplicates, maybe add tags.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    How to use 2 headphones at the same time on a laptop?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:03 AM PST

    Hello there, I've been wondering this for a very long time now. so, I have 2 pairs of headphones and sometimes my friend comes over to my house and we play games on my laptop (Mostly horror games) and we wanted to experience well, horror at the same time, but we never really did. Here's my setup; my laptop has this single female 3-striped audio jack and 3 usb ports. I did search for audio 'splitters' locally, but I didn't find any. I didn't try searching online because, I thought about the sound being split left and right on the 2 separate headphones, 1 being left, and the other being right. I didn't really want that so I searched for different solutions. I did find an audio to usb adapter, I feel like this could solve the problem. I just don't know how, I hope for someone to write back! thanks and good bye.

    submitted by /u/Infuse_FXN
    [link] [comments]

    PCI-e Wi-FI Card Ping Spikes

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Hey guys. First time poster here so I hope I'm not breaking any rules!

    Thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas on what the issue might be.

    So one of my friends donated his old computer to me which was significantly better than my old one. After moving over some parts and keeping some of his I realized that his mobo didn't have Wi-Fi built in like my old computer did so I set out to by a PCI-e Wi-Fi Card as I heard that would be a better option for performance over an adapter.

    I ended up purchasing and installing the Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wi-Fi Expansion Card from Amazon.

    During the installation process I had trouble using the drivers provided in the packaging and instead found a post online that said to try using the stock Intel drivers for Wi-Fi. I installed those and am currently running v20.70.13.2. These drivers actually allowed the Wi-Fi card to work and connect to the internet (barring these ping issues). The drivers provided in the packaging on disc kept resulting in Error 10 where the Wi-Fi simple would not work at all.

    I am running Windows 10.0.18363 Home Build 18363.

    I also verified that when the ping spikes on this machine it is not happening on any other machine. This leads me to believe that it is a direct problem with my Wi-Fi card as opposed to the Wi-Fi in general. I confirmed this by doing the following

    1. General browsing on other devices when I noticed a slow down on my desktop where the results were that only my desktop could not load sites like Google
    2. Ran `ping google.ca -t` in CMD Prompt on two machines and watched as the desktop ping spiked to the 1000s and sometimes even timed out while the laptop was perfectly fine at a consistent sub 10ms.
    3. Ran a speed test on my phone (with mobile data toggled off), my laptop and my desktop whenever the ping would spike on my desktop and the desktop would sometimes not even make it through the test whereas my laptop and phone reported normal results with sub 10ms ping.

    Looking for any advice on how I can potentially fix this issue. The only consistent way to fix it seems to be to restart the computer. But after a few days of having it on Sleep and general use, the problem seems to return.

    Let me know if any further information is required!

    submitted by /u/Edricus
    [link] [comments]

    [CONCISE] Requesting help conversing on an internet under government (china) control

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:44 AM PST

    My longtime friend and penpal in china is a supporter of xi jinping and the communist Chinese regime. it is a certainty that I could provide this individual with information that would change such an opinion, but i fear the repercussions to be faced by a Chinese citizen found to be in possession of such information. i lack insight into the Chinese surveillance state as it operates within the state so i would absolutely love some insight on how i can convey vital information to this loving and rational person safely. Im also always interested in works to learn from in relation to the topic at hand. Thanks in advance.

    -A

    submitted by /u/Sexywarlock1
    [link] [comments]

    nokia 5 won t charge

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:25 AM PST

    I need help, so my nokia 5 won t take a charge in the wall, it shows the "Powered by Android" screen then shows the battery (which is at 2%) then turns off and repeats itself so it doesnt charge right. But if i use a chromebook cart it will charge it. But im on brake and dont just have a chromebook cart lying around, can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/Necroacakes
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a lo-jack style device to track personal electric vehicles.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:44 PM PST

    I recently had a theft and was hoping to secure my replacement vehicle somehow. My first thought was to attach a Fi dog collar to the inside of the device.

    Ideally, I wouldn't have to charge the devices separately. So, I was thinking something that could plug into one of the USB ports on the vehicle.

    Custom wiring and/or programming is not off the table...but also not my first choice.

    Can you guys help me brainstorm some solutions?

    submitted by /u/jkaldon
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know where to post this... I got my kid a cell phone to use over WiFi for texting/WiFi calling. What is the best app or way to use WiFi service so she can text and call? Prefer to keep number for the future. Any specific apps or services you recommend?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:06 PM PST

    As the title says, this is WiFi use only at this point as she doesn't venture off too much and doesn't take her phone to school.

    What's the best way to use this iPhone over WiFi for texting/calling? Mainly texting family and friends. I don't really want to incur additional expense at this point (other than a few bucks a month) but would be willing to when she gets older and starts going out more.

    The TextApp is awful. I'd prefer for her to be able to keep her number, but not super important.

    submitted by /u/skipper14
    [link] [comments]

    I heard you can get significant discount on software licenses if you call their sales on phone. How true is that?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:21 AM PST

    As a programmer (with an interest in design) I need to work with a lot of software which can get expensive. Recent hand injury made me look for speech recognition software. Dragon costs 350 pounds but I heard you can get it for half price if you call them.

    My questions are:

    1. Is that common? Can I get Intellij, Adobe XD, or even cloud storage rates in discounted rates if I hit up the phone support?
    2. If so, how do I approach the conversation? Do I just ask for a discount, or do I state my budget? If im a student, will that help? What is the best approach to get the best deals?
    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of Samsung tablet because I forgot security password!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:41 PM PST

    I forgotten the security password to my Samsung tablet (sm-t550) and I don't know what to do. I tried to hard reset it, but in order to power it off I would have type in the password (that I forgotten, of course). Could there be certain steps to fix this? Like certain buttons to press? I want to do whatever I can right now before I go get help from a professional.

    submitted by /u/Ijustwannalivecmon
    [link] [comments]

    Bottleneck

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:36 PM PST

    Would i bottleneck if i use Ryzen5 3800x with rtx 5700?

    submitted by /u/Drrout
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth building a PC if I’m not a gamer?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:27 AM PST

    I want to have a desktop PC to learn to code. I have a laptop already but I want to make a workspace with a big monitor to help me be more productive. Should I just buy a pre built one from Best Buy?

    submitted by /u/big_nasty_1776
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there still oftentimes disturbances & cutouts in audio during professional & college sports?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:19 PM PST

    How to boost my internet speed.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:35 PM PST

    Hey, i live in a rural area and centurylink only internet service provides me with a maximum of 7mbps. Can i do anything to make it faster? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/johanwilliamszx
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a database or a wiki somewhere on the various type of malware?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:15 AM PST

    I'm not saying the generic types like "trojan" or "ransomware", I mean the specific variant name like "Fugrafa" and the others so that I can find out what they do, what may be compromised and how I may have gotten it.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Series 5 Apple Watch radiation: is it safe to wear?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:48 AM PST

    I recently got a series 5 Apple Watch cellular and was wondering if they are safe to wear everyday and how much radiation comes from them? I also have a iPhone 11. I have a fear of cancer and don't want to wear it if it isn't safe. Does anyone have any idea? I'm not educated on the subject of radiation enough to really understand what I'm reading if I google it and just wanted a couple different opinions. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/WoodCreatedYou1
    [link] [comments]

    2.4 ghz vs 5 ghz wifi

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:30 AM PST

    I am pretty tech illiterate when it comes to wifi bands. Can I put smart devices on my 2.4 ghz band and my xbox one on a wired 5 ghz band from the same router?

    I got a google nest for christmas and want to set up some smart plugs I received as well. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Raoul_Duke9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment