• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 17, 2021

    Tech Support - Is there an app or windows program that can grab GPS coordinates as I'm driving down the road?

    Tech Support - Is there an app or windows program that can grab GPS coordinates as I'm driving down the road?


    Is there an app or windows program that can grab GPS coordinates as I'm driving down the road?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:41 PM PST

    I will be looking to grab GPS coordinates for a job I'm doing involving mile markers on highways. Is there an android app or windows program where I can do this while driving down the road, hit a button and grab the coordinates accurately? My google searching hasn't been much help. This would be safer than stopping every mile I think.

    Is this the right subreddit or do you know of one where I could get good suggestions?

    Appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/PrimaryAverage
    [link] [comments]

    Low MHz for GPU during everyday tasks - power consumption?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    Hi all! I have a 5700 XT that sits at around 7 MHz to 30 MHz during everyday tasks like Microsoft Word, Facebook, etc. I was wondering, does this mean that it uses a lot less power/energy compared to when it runs at a higher clock speed?

    submitted by /u/riku404
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I have FPS lag or input lag?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 03:09 AM PST

    I'm trying to play gta online on pc. And I keep getting bad frames and FPS drop and input lag. Even when I play on low settings. Here are my pic parts

    AMD ryzen 5 2600 Gigabyte B450M DS3H HyperX fury 16 GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200MHz RAM MSI geforceGTX 1650 super Inland premium 265GB M.2 NVMe SSD PowerSpec 550 watt 80 plus bronze power supply

    What do I need to fix or upgrade To help fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/GabeWatchesKsiSleep
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with a tablet

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 12:44 AM PST

    I have this weird blue tablet I have had since young and I have forgotten password and I can't seem to find the make or the way to factory reset I have tried everything from holding volume up and power to taking the SD card out and I can't even factory reset.

    submitted by /u/kondact
    [link] [comments]

    Is UV sterilizing smartphones safe?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:09 PM PST

    I wonder if perhaps it has a negative effect on the camera sensor or something since the lenses can focus light on the sensor.

    submitted by /u/Occams_Broadsword
    [link] [comments]

    Service that shows what music I'm currently streaming on my website?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 09:21 PM PST

    I am trying to find a service for my website that shows what music is being actively streamed in my garage.

    submitted by /u/tauruscrawford
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi with same name, except with a 2.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:33 PM PST

    My wifi was shut off, and a second untrusted wifi was created with the same name except like this: NAME_2.. Why has this happened? Never happened before.

    submitted by /u/sonnysrevenge
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to connect my universal remote and JVC TV (details below)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    I'm struggling to connect my universal remote and TV. None of the JVC codes I've tried work (probably 100+ at this point).

    Can you please help me <3

    I bought a universal remote (this GE one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH52NNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

    My TV model - EM55FTR

    Here is the TV's manual. https://www.pcrichard.com/images/manuals/EM55FTR-manual.pdf

    Is it not possible to connect this TV to a universal remote?

    submitted by /u/Minute_Exciting
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in Creating 5 Points Illustrations on WhatsApp Privacy Issues

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:14 AM PST

    Hi,

    I want to utilise this weekend and make a 4-5 Illustrations which can be used as WhatsApp status and IG Status. The purpose of this is to make people aware of the WhatsApp, Facebook Metadata about the users. Following points, I want to show in the Illustrations:

    Hereon, WhatsApp and Facebook wherever collectively used will be Referred to as WAF

    Below each point represents an illustration.

    1. What data is being collected by WhatsApp and what metadata is being collected by WhatsApp? Here I want to emphasize that enough though WAF doesn't read messages/media, they can still recognize you as individually
    2. How this Uniquely Identified profiles of users can be used to link the WhatsApp Metadata and Facebook Metadata. I want to Address one issue here, " All of my Data is already been collected by WAF, why does it matter if I leave the platform or stay ". The Answer to this point will be that Social media companies and data companies thrive on users data/ metadata. Socially and personally we evolve and change periodically*. When these companies built a digital image of an individual and a social graph associated with it, by nature of human being they change continuously, these companies need continuous* drip-feed metadata information about ourselves so that they can fine-tune our digital image and earn coins. If we can alter/stop this drip-feed information then we can alter/stop our digital image being updated.
    3. I want to highlight the mishandling of users data/metadata by Facebook in Cambridge Analytica Scandal. Here my point is to allege/ suggest a possibility that when this level of scandal can handle with Facebook then how can the WhatsApp data can be trusted with Facebook. Some examples can be added like the Personality Quiz Apps, Who are your closest Friend Apps in Facebook which were used to collect users data and create a Social / Digital Image of an Individual.
    4. In this point want to suggest alternatives to users like Signal and Telegram, Telling then that even though WAF cannot read your personal chats, these apps also cannot read your personal chats BUT they store the user's Metadata in Encrypted format ( Signal ). Also to encourage users to Donate to these services.
    5. This would be the last illustration, in which I want to tell people that the migration from WAF is possible and can be done.

    Here's how you can help me :

    1. Contribute to this effort with data
    2. Paraphrasing the Ideas
    3. Help In Illustrating the ideas mentioned in the above 5 points.
    submitted by /u/Right-Bathroom-5287
    [link] [comments]

    Is the headphone really going the way of the dodo?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    If so, then why do laptops still have a headphone jack? Why do game controllers have a headphone jack? Why do most tablets have a headphone jack? Why does my Switch have a headphone jack? Heck, why do TVs have a headphone jack? But not phones? It just doesn't make any sense. What if that person's a heavy YouTube and Netflix binger or music listener like I am? How are they supposed to get around this?

    submitted by /u/Chink95
    [link] [comments]

    Using VPN, if suddenly I can be using a different IP/location, isn't that transfer visible to the ISP, and therefore they'll still know that "IP 1.1...." changed to "IP 3.3..." and we still know who it is?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    What if phone carriers charged through the nose to allow calls to appear from a different number than the one assigned?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:35 AM PST

    That way those with a legitimate business need for the option can purchase the ability to do so, but shitty scam companies wouldn't be able to afford it.

    submitted by /u/Shitty_Orangutan
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Photo Frame Advice

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Hi, I was looking for some general advice on a digital photo frame.

    I basically want to buy my parents one that (after it is set up), I can email/upload a picture to an app, and it is displayed in the frame instantly. I don't want them to have to accept/import a photo, as I like the idea that I can just send across a picture and it will be there when they wake up. I know a few have email/app upload, but I can't find specifics on if the photo appears instantly.

    Any advice/recommendations would be really appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/abby3171
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor turning on and off randomly

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    Recently I upgraded from a gtx 1060 to an rtx 3060ti. The problem is my monitor only supports 144hz with dvi but my new graphics card doesn't have it. I got a display port to dual link dvi convertor (club 3d cac-1010) but the monitor keeps turning off, while my secondary monitor works perfectly fine

    Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

    submitted by /u/zucc123
    [link] [comments]

    Options for In-wall Smart Speaker with No Hub

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:37 AM PST

    I'm remodeling a bathroom that once had two 3 way switches to control the vent fan from opposite ends of the bathroom. I'm converting this to a single switch and will have an abandoned switch box with 120v. I want to avoid having just a plate cover. I currently use an Echo Dot on the sink vanity and would like to free up counter space. I believe this abandoned switch box would be a perfect place to install a smart speaker in the wall that is hardwired. Is there a product out there that will accommodate this? I've seen the wall mounts for the Dot, but it's unclear how this can be hardwired. The closest I've come to what I'm looking for is the Onelink Safe & Sound smart speaker/smoke alarm combo, but I'm worried about false alarms due to humidity in the bathroom, and the reviews mention some annoyances with the night light function. Any ideas would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Thirty3n1Third
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment