• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    Tech Support - I'm having trouble using my technology outside

    Tech Support - I'm having trouble using my technology outside


    I'm having trouble using my technology outside

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 03:03 AM PST

    I use my laptop and phone outdoors a lot, but the sun makes my screens all dark. Fortunately, I was planning on getting new laptop and phone, because they are outdated for work.

    What should I look in a laptop and phone that can tackle this problem?

    submitted by /u/bluetoiletpaperroll
    [link] [comments]

    usb connection issue

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:42 PM PST

    Hey I just got an HDMI to usb adapter and I'm trying to connect it to my pc hoping to switch to the HDMI device in question, id like to have my pc and the device both connected to my monitor but I only have one HDMI input on my monitor hence the adapter but i cant seem to get my pc to recognize the usb. What do i do

    submitted by /u/Squirrel_Itchy
    [link] [comments]

    Does HDMI 2.0a support 120fps at 1080p?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:42 AM PST

    How to make Landline phone ring on the phone and not the charger box?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:54 PM PST

    So basically I have landline, but whenever we receive calls the, ringtone comes out of the charger box. How would I make it come from the phone if that's possible?

    submitted by /u/mahir369
    [link] [comments]

    if im sending encrypted messages, how are the (initial) keys im exchanging secured?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:55 AM PST

    so my logic is: if i want to send encrypted messages, i have to at some point send the other party an unencrypted key or something similar to establish a connection.

    But if i do that the whole encryption is pointless because a third party can just grab the key i sent unencrypted and decipher all my future messages. obviously there has to be some way this is avoided, but i dont really understand how...

    please try to keep it simple, just starting to try to get a grasp of networks

    submitted by /u/Obelion_
    [link] [comments]

    Video files currupted in transfer.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:15 PM PST

    I'm moving video files recorded with a note 20 ultra to a pc. The files white balance is blown out on the computer but not on the phone. How can I fix that? And if this is the wrong sub, please let me know which one is the right one.

    submitted by /u/PineappleLife3
    [link] [comments]

    How to change what happens when I open a program in win10

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:08 PM PST

    Hey all, I find when I go to open a game or anything it takes me from what I am doing and forces it to be the priority, for example I click to run heroes of the storm then swap to youtube it will force me into the heroes of the storm screens even if I swap out. Is there anyway to stop it from swapping screens?

    submitted by /u/tehmythel
    [link] [comments]

    Is my data safe after taking Mac to a Repair Shop

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:50 PM PST

    Hey Guys,

    I just book a Macbook Pro to a repair shop because it was wiped recently. I had them install a new OS on the computer - OS 11

    When I picked it up, the Mac had me go through the standard process of selecting a language, connect to wifi, set up a login and password, setting up the computer etc...

    I am just wondering if there is any possible way that there could be a keylogger or anything like that that is on the machine. I know I am being super dumb and paranoid but this is a computer I want to use for all my financial stuff.

    Since the computer was wiped before I brought it in (by a professional) I am not worried about any old data.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/_turd_burgler
    [link] [comments]

    Protecting private data on harddrive

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:53 PM PST

    In short time I have to take a test that will be proctored remotely using what sounds like some pretty invasive software (via browser extension) plus webcam. I'm worried given the widespread incidence of hacking/breach of private information during these administrations. Would creating a separate user account create any barrier at all to deter this? Or what else can I'd do to protect myself? Seems like aggressive firewall settings will block the monitoring software. Also seems like all other software will be forced closed, so I don't want to risk running side apps or trigger anything that will look suspicious on their side.

    submitted by /u/2to30
    [link] [comments]

    I got my files encrypted (on external hard disk drive) If I format the drive, will I still able to restore/recover the files from drive?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:32 PM PST

    Good day. I'm working on our company downloaded a crack file and got ransomware attacks, spread it on network (WLAN). The files from network is stored to external hard drive disk. Now, the files are all damaged and it has been done. It's encrypted and we got no way to restore the exact files that is corrupted. My question is, after formatting the drive will you still able to recover other files from the drive? Not the exact files that are encrypted but the old ones and if you restore it, is it still encrypted?

    Thank you in advance for the advice. I'm really exhausted and sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language

    submitted by /u/milkmageek
    [link] [comments]

    (PC) Cannot get into BIOS, can I disable onboard graphics?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:09 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem.

    I want to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive (an SSD) using the Windows Media Creation Tool, but to be able to boot the installer from the flash drive where I installed it, I need my BIOS settings to have a boot order that prioritizes flash drives, then hard drives. However, I cannot boot into BIOS, or at least I cannot see it because it outputs to onboard graphics and I only have a wire from the GPU DVI (DVI 24+5) to the monitor (VGA). My motherboard only accepts a male DVI 24+1

    Obviously, I'd want to buy an appropriate adapter, but I couldn't find one in the online market here and I prefer to stay indoors for the meantime. To give you some background on this, whenever my PC turns on, it never displays the logo of my motherboard (ASUS) on my monitor (BIOS), which I can only assume outputs to the onboard graphics. Once the BIOS hands control over to Windows though, it outputs to my monitor as expected until the end of my session.

    So my question is, can I disable the onboard graphics on my PC (not a laptop) so that in theory the BIOS will output to the GPU instead, or will it always output to onboard graphics since the GPU isn't active until Windows loads? If I can do that, will that have possibly difficult repercussions?

    Purchasing a VGA - DVI 24+1 adapter in a mall is my last resort if nothing else can be done. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/whirledwarotter
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with my router.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:46 PM PST

    Hello there.

    So basically I need help for a solution to fix my router. For the past 3 years, I've been using a modem as my internet and not a router. It's because when I'm connected to my router and when I'm trying to launch Youtube or anything else it just loads. It doesn't work to load anything like Google or other stuff. It works and start completely fine and the only problem is the wireless and the ethernet. I've tired with ethernet and it doesn't make any difference to see if my phone is the problem. I' researched today and I saw that I could go into the settings for the router through pasting my IP address into google but here comes the problem. If I don't have any connection my page will not load so how will I be able to enter the settings? Does anyone have a recommendation for what I should do? Please comment and try to help me.

    Have a great day.

    submitted by /u/m_tte
    [link] [comments]

    The new Samsung galaxy buds+ claim to be able to "hone in" your voice using "beam forming"... Does anyone know if it's real?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Which is the best electronic dictionary format/extension?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 10:51 AM PST

    There are StarDict, Babylon, Dictd, Lingvo, Lingoes, XDXF, AARD, SDict, MDict, Zim, Slob, etc. Which one is the best? From what I've seen, .slob and .zim seem to be the best at compression, but maybe other formats have features those two don't.

    Not sure if this is the place to ask. Tell me if that's the case, and where I should ask.

    submitted by /u/HightShi
    [link] [comments]

    How does a bent and faulty ps4 charging cable cause my usb headphones to have audio popping?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 10:16 AM PST

    I thought my headphones might be malfunctioning, but realized the problem only ever happened when the controller was plugged in. The end that goes into the controller is bent and often disconnects and reconnects without me even knowing it, but it was never more than a nuisance until now. Since plugging in a different cord, I haven't heard a SINGLE scratch or pop sound. Plugged in the old one again, immediate audio issues again. Plug new ones in, audio issues stop again.

    I'm glad I figured out the problem, but how in the nine Hells does THIS work? Bad charging cable affecting a totally different device? How?! Someone explain, this is confusing the heck out of me. Airborne electric interference leaking from the improper connection or something?

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a low end PC around 200$

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    i have been looking for a low end pc for around 200$ and Im just planning on running minecraft and other none gpu intensive games, I'm looking to get a dell optiplex 7020 tower and replacing the 8GB ddr3 ram with 16gb of ddr4 ram.

    submitted by /u/FriendMeNow
    [link] [comments]

    S9+ overheating and not charging

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:57 AM PST

    my phone was working fine this morning then it started to get really hot and now its not charging , and my brothers own is black and unresponsive and only has a little flash when i try to start it can anyone tell me what is happening

    submitted by /u/PhizzleYT
    [link] [comments]

    where should lavfilter portable folder be placed on windows?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:52 AM PST

    When I try to play a file in potplayer it says decoding not supported in S/W mode https://i.imgur.com/trsAdjF.png so I clicked "find codec" and it brought me here https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

    then i downloaded the "LAVFilters-0.74.1-x64.zip" and extracted it, but I don't know where the folder is supposed to be placed?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment