• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Tech Support - Signal has my Facebook id, how?

    Tech Support - Signal has my Facebook id, how?


    Signal has my Facebook id, how?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:47 AM PST

    I downloaded Signal a couple days ago. Today while texting through the notification bar, I noticed that in place of my name my Facebook email id is shown. How? I've only given my phone number to the app, why/how did it get to my Facebook email id from there?

    submitted by /u/ipissalone
    [link] [comments]

    Does WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption have loopholes?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:58 PM PST

    I have a doubt. WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted. But is it possible to obtain the content of message from these "ends"? I'll elaborate a bit.

    I'm sending message : "Hello" from my WhatsApp to my friend A. When I click send, the exact message "Hello" is shown on my app as sent. Then this is encrypted and reaches my friend's app. His WhatsAppl decrypts the message and shows "Hello" as recieved. So my question is, if on both the ends the message is exposed, does the WhatsApp have the ability to read the message? If they can understand what I'm saying, they can definitely share this information to anyone they like. I'm not asking if WhatsApp is doing this or not, asking can they do this, if they need to. I'm trying to explore if there's a loophole in this entire end-to-end encryption system.

    I'm not a technology expert. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/phony_gridha_mallik
    [link] [comments]

    How will the new WhatsApp privacy policy affect me if I never had a Facebook account?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    I really don't know much about technology and I hope this is the right subreddit to ask a question like this.

    WhatsApp has basically no information about me other than my first name and my phone number. I don't even have a photo as a profile pic. And I don't use other Facebook services either. If I understand it correctly, content from my messages is still encrypted and not shared with anyone, isn't it?

    EDIT: Thanks everyone. I will think about switching apps.

    submitted by /u/Berserker-Hamster
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S10+ from like 3.3 feet (1 meter) on the floor- is internal damage likely?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 04:32 AM PST

    It was wearing the wallet case. There's no outside damages and the phone seems to work ok but some phones get affected after a couple weeks or a year. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Viikkah
    [link] [comments]

    is there a tech device or software that can merge two or more sources of internet connection into one strong connection ?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:39 AM PST

    Why is trump's account still visible on instagram?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:45 AM PST

    Unlike Twitter trump's account on instagram is still visible whereas media is reporting that even insta has banned him

    submitted by /u/Independent-Ice1628
    [link] [comments]

    NFC Tag linked to Apple Pay

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:00 PM PST

    If I buy an NFC tag can I link it to use with Apple Pay or my debit card?

    submitted by /u/NolanDaSavage
    [link] [comments]

    What would cause my computer to slow down and speed up in a pattern when unzipping folder?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:26 PM PST

    Here's a picture (link below) of what is happening. It has happened to every folder I am unzipping (15 zipped folders, one at a time):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NUazsFaKjSySgbo-DZKVGVCCQqh2PMEu/view?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/timeforhockey
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is Wi-Fi 6E being completely overhyped?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:47 PM PST

    Every article I see uses a tone that it's basically the second coming of Jesus. Is there something I'm missing here? Yes, i realize it has new spectrum and can reduce congestion, and it has higher max speeds... But is that it?

    submitted by /u/cmVkZGl0
    [link] [comments]

    Google and plaintext passwords

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:14 AM PST

    When using chrome password manager, you can check and see all your saved passwords. Is this the norm on password managers? And why is storing passwords in plaintext a big deal, if Google does it anyways?

    submitted by /u/lemao_squash
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding Graphics Card Specs

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:47 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I'm a tech guy and often do a lot of tech consulting and computer work. I know my way around computer Hardware, building computers, and most of the time understanding the differences between parts... Except for Graphics Cards.

    When it comes to Graphics Cards, I get mystified pretty quickly. Most of them have weird bells and whistles I don't understand, many of them have names with numbers and letters going all over the place, many of the same card is made by or rebranded by different companies so it's difficult to track them, and it feels like every 5 minutes the newest graphics card is obsolete. Given how much of a huge investment Graphics Cards are, it's hard for me to judge any given lineup of them. I've tried to research this many times and I sometimes end up even more confused.

    When I built my last computer piece by piece, I just migrated my old Graphics Card because it was decent and I couldn't literally afford the headache of trying to figure out which Graphics Card was best.

    I would really like some sort of advice for tying to understand Graphic Card Specs so it's not one of my biggest blindspots when it comes to computer builds. Would appreciate any pointers.

    submitted by /u/Sparky-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find the new google pay app

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:39 PM PST

    There's supposedly a new google pay app but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it not available in the UK yet or is it age restricted? I haven't received an update for my app so I'm still on the old version.

    submitted by /u/g3org3_all3n
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei GT 2 SmartWatch

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:57 AM PST

    Is it worth buying this watch? I've done an immense amount of research, but I'm still as unsure as ever.

    submitted by /u/_BlondeQuestions_
    [link] [comments]

    Targeted advertising showing up on my work computer, related to searches my wife performed on her personal computer on the same network.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:34 AM PST

    • My work computer and our personal computers are on the same network.

    • My wife has recently searched for two fairly specific items on her personal computer: a specific brand of yarn, and a specific type of clothing (think wedding dresses, maternity, scrubs, Etc).

    • This week in the Microsoft News app on my work computer I received ads for that specific brand of yarn and various brands of that type of clothing.

    • I have never searched for either on my work computer.

    How is this happening?

    If it were one thing I would write it off as coincidence, but the two were too specific to be coincidence.

    submitted by /u/omicron7e
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a specific type of cable

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:18 AM PST

    I play PCSX 2 on my desktop and at the moment I'm using a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller charging cable to connect my Series X|S controller to play. It's not very long so I'm trying (in vain) to search for a usb a to usb c that can be used from my bed to my pc. I need a 15ft usb c cable that also has the same specs as the aforementioned Nintendo cable.

    submitted by /u/Ryan-Viper4171
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me with my Galaxy Watch3! ����

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:57 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I live in Italy and I got a US galaxy watch3 with LTE. Here in Italy it is not working properly, so I need to change the region of my watch to make it an Italian version, also known as changing CSC code. Now it is set to the model SM-R845U, I need to change it to SM-R845F, which should be an Italian model. I saw several videos online, but I don't know if those processes are ok for my watch with LTE. Could someone please guide me in the process? It would mean the world to me, cause I'm not able to use my watch otherwise! I really hope someone can help me out, thank you!

    submitted by /u/anonymous21970
    [link] [comments]

    Losing Internet When I Watch Youtube Videos

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    For a very long time now I lose connection to the internet for around 1-4 minutes after watching videos for around 15 minutes. It'll keep reoccurring every 15 minutes (or so), and in my experience, only seems to happen while watching Youtube videos. It's possible there are other triggers but I can't confidently say there's anything else atm.

    All my drivers are updated, I've tried Ethernet and wireless, I've tried moving my network adapter, and I've tried contacting a bunch of different customer support lines. Any ideas? (thanks in advance :))

    submitted by /u/Ok_Reserve_6189
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment