• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 23, 2020

    Tech Support - looking to connect to a 56k dialup computer from an andriod with an OTG cable... possible?

    Tech Support - looking to connect to a 56k dialup computer from an andriod with an OTG cable... possible?


    looking to connect to a 56k dialup computer from an andriod with an OTG cable... possible?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:03 PM PST

    56k dialup from a cellphone.. is there a USB modem that supports Android or iOS?

    Hey there, i know this is a strange question, and I am sure there will be people asking me why I want to do this.

    I have several reasons why I want to do this. One of them is I am going to be at a location where there is no internet but there is a land line. I have access to 56K dial-up internet.

    I want to be able to use my android and an OTG cable to connect to a USB 56k modem that will allow me to connect to 56k dialup internet.

    The services I will be using on the internet are mostly text based so 56K will be fast enough for what im doing.

    another thing I want to do is to be able to use my android phone to use a 56k connection to dial into datapac, which is a Canadian dial-up packet switched network that has dial-up numbers in every NPA in the country as well as an 800 dialup number.

    Regardless of what I want to use it for what I need is this:

    a 56K USB dialup modem to connect to and be compatible with an android phone.

    Does this exist?

    submitted by /u/afterm4th_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't add files to iTunes 12.11.026

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:40 PM PST

    Anyone know why iTunes does nothing at all when I try to add files to my library in version 12.11.026? The files are in formats that Apple claims iTunes is compatible with. On Windows 10 if that relevent.

    submitted by /u/Certain_Avocado_1550
    [link] [comments]

    do laptops cause harm to sperm when on lap?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:48 PM PST

    I have a cooling fan thing underneath for heat but i am worried about other things like radiation.

    submitted by /u/loafman69
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such thing as a camera that sees through walls?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    I mean, a camera that sees through walls in high definition and not just heat blobs. The cameras has to be able to read text messages through a wall.

    If such technology does not exist, how small is the smallest pin hole camera and how is it usually hidden?

    submitted by /u/Cocacola9112
    [link] [comments]

    Is wireless latency still better than Bluetooth for headphones to a PC?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:43 PM PST

    I know there have been great achievements made with Bluetooth 5.0 and greater. I just got actual wireless headphones from Corsair, and there is a bit of feedback when nothing is playing that I don't get from Bluetooth headphones. Any insights would be a huge help

    submitted by /u/Thufiir
    [link] [comments]

    PingID SAML_AUTHN

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Hi there I'm completely clueless when it comes to most things involving technology errors. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the following means in the simplest terms possible: {SAML_AUTHN_CTX=urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:Telephony, SAML_NAME_FORMAT=urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:unspecified} I've been able to sign in before but now I'm unable to and receive this errror

    submitted by /u/madelinemidna
    [link] [comments]

    Rx580 magic dissapearence

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:58 PM PST

    So I was gonna buy an Rx580. And suddenly they're either out of stock or more expensive. Why?

    submitted by /u/Haze_Storm
    [link] [comments]

    How to move an EXT2 drive to Windows?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    SOLVED!

    I used parted usb key to format the drive as ntfs, allowing windows to recognize it.

    Drive came out of a NAS box. I want to use this drive as the third drive to create a storage spaces pool. As you can see, the drive isn't recognized by disk management.

    https://imgur.com/yaITlTQ

    When I try to create a partition using diskpat, I receive this error:

    DISKPART> create partition primary

    No usable free extent could be found. It may be that there is insufficient free space to create a partition at the specified size and offset. Specify different size and offset values or don't specify either to create the maximum sized partition. It may be that the disk is partitioned using the MBR disk partitioning format and the disk contains either 4 primary partitions, (no more partitions may be created), or 3 primary partitions and one extended partition, (only logical drives may be created).

    Any suggestions how to get Windows to recognize the drive?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Samsung PLS TFT display on a smartphone damaging to your eyes or vision since it isn't a normal LCD or IPS display?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:05 PM PST

    Is a Samsung PLS TFT display on a smartphone damaging to your eyes or vision since it isn't a normal LCD or IPS display?

    submitted by /u/SilverTrip8845
    [link] [comments]

    Best cellphone for photo and video that isn’t an iPhone?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:33 AM PST

    I'm leaving the Apple family after 15 years and looking for a comparable replacement that is good for pic s and video. Thank you for the advice!

    submitted by /u/Smitherum
    [link] [comments]

    Phone book back up compagnies

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:32 AM PST

    Hi everyone

    As a request from my boss he asked me to get some compagnies that would provide easy to use phonebook backup and restore technology on a SIM CARD not on a drive etc it's for people living in africa etc where there is less up to date technology anyone could direct me to the compagnie website and if posssible have some technical infos about the product they can sell etc ? Ty very much for your help

    submitted by /u/kovi2772
    [link] [comments]

    With things like super secure password vaults and third party Authenticators, how does the government get hacked?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:40 AM PST

    Is it an ability or willingness issue? How secure do I need to be?

    submitted by /u/moby__dick
    [link] [comments]

    Daisy Chaining PowerCon vs Edison

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:11 AM PST

    Hello!

    I recently learned about the magical locking electrical connection PowerCon.

    It seems like some of the boxes available such as this Quad Box one are designed to allow daisy chaining.

    From my research, daisy chaining power strips is not a good idea because of the increased resistance from the Edison connector.

    So why is it ok to daisy chain PowerCon, but generally not deemed acceptable to daisy chain power strips?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nonuser365
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is best for me?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:40 AM PST

    I really like math, logic, and coding (I only know the basics of Python but I like to code) and I'm interested in studying Computer Science or software engineer but I do not know which one. What do you think is best for me?

    submitted by /u/Diegojsd
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be learning web development?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:28 AM PST

    What are some reasons to learn web development even though there are sites (wix.com) that allow people to make static and even dynamic websites from scratch.

    submitted by /u/damiusan98
    [link] [comments]

    I have a little website that pertains to an obscure topic. Right now it is on the first page of Google. Would it be possible to migrate this site to a free hosting platform like Blogger or Wix without the site losing its Google rank?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:58 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment