• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Does a car's air conditioner (climate control) work better when the engine is at high rpm?

    Tech Support - Does a car's air conditioner (climate control) work better when the engine is at high rpm?


    Does a car's air conditioner (climate control) work better when the engine is at high rpm?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    Trying to find a good way to remote desktop with a VNC. What's the difference between Apache Guacamole, Veyon, TeamViewer, and Splashtop?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I know that Guacamole is clientless and open source. Veyon is open source. TeamViewer is the most popular. Splashtop I heard was good too. But I can't seem to find any comparisons of the software or what makes one better than the other. Reviews I look up don't even have some of these programs listed together. Any help understanding this subject would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/Thomas-Kite
    [link] [comments]

    So apparently ome tech companies monitor and "steal" our data (like TikTok)... Why should I care?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    This comes off as pessimistic; But I'm genuinely curious... So what if they know that I watch DIY TikToks or whatever? What would they possibly do with that info that would affect(effect?) my life directly?

    So many people seem to be panicking over all this "they're stealing my data!!" hype.. are there legitimate reasons as to why I should care? Even other sites- the targeted advertising etc., is it wrong of me that I just don't care?

    submitted by /u/_Faru_
    [link] [comments]

    Solution for location validation

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I'm currently helping build a website for a client who wants to offer online booking that does door to door services. However, he only operates in certain locations. Was wondering if there is a booking tool or any platform that allows customers to book his service only within his location parameters. An example would be entering a zip code before a customer books online that can verify their location.

    I've literally scoured the internet trying to find this solution and NO platform can offer something similar to this. It doesn't even necessarily have to be a booking tool + zip code validator. I'm just looking for a very simple solution that can offer this. Even if a popup shows on the site before entering that asks your zip code... is this something custom coded on other sites or can I find a widget or something that can do this?

    Can anyone please help? Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/arjaeee
    [link] [comments]

    Downloading and reuploading twitch stream

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm looking for a way to automatically download a twitch livestream and upload it back to youtube. So far I found streamlink https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui through which I'm able to download the stream, but I was wondering if there was a way to automatically start downloading it when he streams and automatically listing it on youtube (its gonna be unlisted, personal archive as he doesn't record his broadcasts). I don't know if this is the right sub to ask, but thank you!

    submitted by /u/Suprem_Motu
    [link] [comments]

    What are today's examples of inherently political technologies? Question about neutrality of technology.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    In his 1980 Article Langdon Winner distinguishes between inherently political technology and technology which is only political by design. An example for the first kind is a nuclear power plant, which comes with the necessity of strict hierarchies due to the danger of something going wrong in the plant: the security measures make a certain hierarchical division of labor necessary. An example for political by design are the NY bridges designed by architect Robert moses to segregate people. The bridges made public transportation to places impossible and thereby excluding working class people which often happen to be black. While design can be changed, inherently political technologies make you ask if the technologies should exist in the first place.

    What do you think about that distinction?

    What are todays equivalents of inherently and by-design political technologies?

    Find the article here: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20024652?origin=JSTOR-pdf

    submitted by /u/corner_table_fish
    [link] [comments]

    Came back to laptop to find it being remote controlled

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Left laptop to make dinner with no programs open. Came back to find remote desktop program open, several edge tabs looking at Corona virus updates and one tab on iobit uninstaller, and a word document with the Microsoft sign in page asking to sign in to open a word document, some of my one drive files and some notepad pages open but I didn't see what was written. My laptop was then put into airplane mode. I haven't downloaded anything in the last week or two and I've turned my computer off but I'm not sure what the next step is?

    submitted by /u/conagha
    [link] [comments]

    I purchased several police files of cold case murders and they are ridiculously thick how can I turn these huge physical files into digital documents?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Title. They are very thick and my problem is fedex, staples and Office Depot all want to charge 50-$1 per page to scan and send them to my email. That's way to expensive. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/techtestdriver
    [link] [comments]

    Any interesting questions to ask on a questionnaire? ( IT project bid)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Hello,

    We are currently going through RFP for a bid (Support for network / hardware etc)

    What are some interesting questions to ask in these case scenario?

    Are there some really good general questions to ask a company? (Technical preferred)

    I am not from a IT background, so i was hoping you guys can assist me here.

    (were practically bidding for a project) the questionnaire goes with the letter of intent.

    submitted by /u/royalxp
    [link] [comments]

    Why Doesn't Moving Files to iCloud Free Up Storage on My Mac?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    My HD was almost full, so I moved some of the largest folders to icloud. However, the free storage on my Mac HD only continued to decrease. Can someone explain how I can keep the files on iCloud, but not on my Mac.

    I can currently see that the files ARE in the iCloud Folder, and NOT in my Mac HD folder, however they still seem to be taking up space on my Harddrive. Why is iCloud so horrible?

    submitted by /u/nmcypher999
    [link] [comments]

    Are there virus-infected links that can corrupt or access information across your WiFi Connection?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    There's a malicious link spreading across the Hazbin Hotel community on Twitter and knowing there's a high possiblity it will start spreading throughout the platform, I made a thread about it. However I've noticed a lot of people fell victim to clicking it anyway out of curiosity and in order to reduce this and protect others, I decided I'll click on it using my old phone. It's been factory reset and barely works so it doesn't have my information on it and it's just there, so I really wouldn't care if anything happened to it. What I want to do is go to the link on that phone and take screenshots of where it leads to or what happens upon clicking it so that people will see what happens and will not click it out of curiosity since they've already seen the effect of clicking it. However, I started to wonder of there's a possibility that it can embed the virus into my WiFi connection and spread to all devices connected to it. If that's the case then I won't risk it but if that's not possible, I'd proceed with the plan. Is it possible for a virus to infect other devices through the WiFi connection?

    submitted by /u/JewelFazbear
    [link] [comments]

    4G Cell Phone Signal Booster?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    I travel allot to remote places in the world for work and keep losing 3g/4g signal on my phone/laptop. does anyone know of any portable technology that significantly boosts your 3g/4g connectivity that i can carry around in a backpack? is there any anyone could recommend?

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/mwalshe89
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a better way than Google to search for old/archived internet posts?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is not the right subreddit to post this question - I am not really sure who to ask.

    In 2003-2005 I was active on some internet forums that have since either disappeared or undergone significant changes. When I search Google for my old username and some other key words I can find 2 or 3 posts I have made in the archives of the website itself, but search is now disabled and I can't view my old profile or the other hundreds of posts I made.

    I assume they're pretty much gone and that's okay because I was only looking back out of curiosity. But I was wondering if there is any better way to search for old/archived information other than blind googling?

    submitted by /u/audiorek
    [link] [comments]

    Questions regarding universal remote controls

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    My new dog has chewed up two remotes, the first for our LG sound bar, and the second for our LG tv. I was super worried about replacing the sound bar remote, as our TV remote works for the sound bar and tv.

    I was curious if there was a universal remote that I can program to work my TV and my sound bar together like before, or should I just order the same part number remote that I had before? If I do order the same remote, how do I program it to my tv?

    submitted by /u/cartersauce1318
    [link] [comments]

    Help for my dad with his Docking port.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-c-a-universal-dock-g2
    ^My dad has this for work but when we plug in the monitors, none show up on the laptop settings. We must be doing something simple and stupid wrong so ANY advice would be nice. Even the simple "Turn it on and off" advice would work here too pls.

    submitted by /u/yourdonefor_wt
    [link] [comments]

    Odd question, trying to determine if a post from a now banned subreddit was ever commented on. Is this possible.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I was Googling something and found a link related to what I was looking for led to Reddit, specifically someone had posted a link to an article.

    I wanted to find out more information, so I clicked the link only to find that it was a recently banned subreddit, /r/ShitNeoconssay. From what I can tell I'm glad the sub was banned but I need to know more information about the post, specifically what comments were made if any.

    Wayback Machine has no archive for that date and tools like Undelete do not seem to work on banned subreddits(again, this is probably a good idea). I was able to find what appears to be a cached version of (maybe???) the page it was on but I can't really make heads or tails of it. Based on the fact that it lacks the comment icon that the other posts have leads me to believe that it had no comments, but even if that were true if the cache was taken shortly after the post was made there may have been many more later.

    I cannot give specific reasons for why I need this information but it is not at all malicious or nefarious. It is however quite important to me so any help would be appreciated. Here is the cached page that I mentioned

    submitted by /u/LittleDogFido
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI to DisplayPort or vice versa?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I have a pc with Asus Prime X570-P motherboard which has only HDMI port, and I want to buy monitor but it says if it is being connected with DisplayPort then it delivers 200 GHz, I looked up for HDMI to DisplayPort adapters but I don't know which one I should buy because all of them say that source has to be with DisplayPort from PC

    submitted by /u/davidgod98
    [link] [comments]

    Suggest a phone?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Hey there. My mom is looking to buy a new smart phone and I'm looking for advice.

    She wants a phone that's 6"+ with a big screen so it's easier for her to see. Must have the option to "talk to text" and talk to a Siri or Alexa type person. She mainly only uses it for texting, Facebook app, messenger app and candy crush but would also like to be able to take the occasional nice picture.

    Her current phone ... I don't even know what it is it was $100 from London drugs and really sucks.

    Looking for buy from bestbuy (canada) up too $400. Something that isn't going to be slow as hell and have no space on it at all. Please!

    submitted by /u/skyerippa
    [link] [comments]

    Analog Signal from USB Mic?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have an old Guitar Hero microphone, which connects via USB to the computer. (image: https://imgur.com/a/5mfTG1r )

    I imagine somewhere along the circuitry there is an Analog-Digital Converter. I suspect, but I am not sure that it's here (image: https://imgur.com/a/Rq6Bshi )

    By cutting the ADC I hope to be able to receive an analog signal as opposed to digital. So my questions for anyone who might be able to help is :

    1. Is the block near the end of the cable in fact the ADC?
    2. If I cut the wire short, can I solder a jack connector to it and connect it to a sound-card or a speaker?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Tagina_Vickler
    [link] [comments]

    A really good OCR?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a program that can convert pictures into plain text that I can copy.

    submitted by /u/OvYKuN1121
    [link] [comments]

    How do USB-C hubs and SD/micro-SD cards work?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    So I have a macbook that only uses 2 USB-C inputs, which has proven to be very inconvenient. I'm looking into USB-C hub, which connects to the laptop through USB-C, but has many usb 3.0 ports, ethernet port, hdmi, etc. (something like this)

    2 of the extra ports are micro SD and SD card ports. I've never used SD cards or micro SD cards but considering it. If I were to get an SD card, say 128gb, is that basically an extra 128gb of storage? So would it basically be like an external hard drive that would become available to me whenever I connect the hub? Like would it basically be the same as connecting a flash drive?

    Also, is there any difference between micro SD and SD? It's weird, it looks like micro SD cards are cheaper, not sure if there's any benefit to one over the other.

    Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/VeryAttractive
    [link] [comments]

    I'm gonna scream, how come typing old.reddit.com doesn't work. MAKES NO SENSE

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Can Someone Help Me?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, Im just here to ask someone who have better knowledge than me.

    So Here's the story, I really want to be a animator but, I have a old Laptop

    Specs:

    Processor:Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4400@ 2.20 GHZ

    RAM: 3 GB

    System-Type: 64-bit

    So here's my problem. I really want to edit some Audio but the api-ms (api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-o.dll) is missing and I tried to install a MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 but Somethings missing I don't remember what it is but it can't install. And I tried.

    The scan health thing in the CMD And It wasn't working.

    And If ur suggesting that I need to buy new laptop. I just can't I don't have the money.

    PS: Sorry English wasn't my first language :D

    submitted by /u/TheCuteLittleZebra
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical lines on TV's giving it a window screen effect.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    I have multiple TV's in my house that when watching TV via the Xfinity cable box I get a vertical lines that are not lines of color, but it looks like I'm looking through a window screen. It happens on all the TV's I have and doesn't show up when I'm using streaming Netflix or Hulu, or even when using a game console. The TV's are 2 newish 4k TV's and the other one just had.

    submitted by /u/matbpro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment