• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Tech Support - Timer App recomendation

    Tech Support - Timer App recomendation


    Timer App recomendation

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a pc timer application that can be linked to individual programs. As an example, let's say I open photoshop and the timer is linked to this, I want to timer to begin timming as long as I am actively using photoshop, if I click out of the program to do something else (not closing photoshop or anything, just engaging with a different application) I'd want the timer to pause until I start engaging with photoshop again.

    Does anyone know if an application like this exists?

    thank you

    submitted by /u/jtg543
    [link] [comments]

    What's an in demand skill in tech that I can take online courses for, or self teach, that will get me a good paying job?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Been working warehouse jobs my whole life. I want to switch it up. I read that cloud computing is very in demand. Ideally something that I can get certifications for. I got some Amazon AWS courses free on Udemy and was considering doing that. but I read that you should have a background in IT before taking on something like AWS/Azure. Is it possible to just get certs for AWS/Azure and get a job? Should I learn programming? is there a certification program for that?

    submitted by /u/ledhendrix
    [link] [comments]

    Reset ip setting

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I just moved to an appartment complexe that provide the wifi. They require a fix ip adress to work. Im assuming they control who have acces this way since you need to pay for the wifi. It worked well first but then my pc changed ip adress after restart.

    I tried to set a static ip adress via the internet protocol ipv4 properties menu but probably got the subnet mask default gateway or dns server wrong. Now it doesnt work anymore.

    I have no idea what im doing. I have no knowledge on how network work. Ive just change the setting back to obtain an ip adress automatically (same for dns server) and reconnect to the wifi. If i use, configip /all, will it now show the correct subnet mask, default gateway,dns server? I have set nothing specific the first time. I just gave the landlord my ip adress so he allow me on the router or something like that.

    submitted by /u/3l3ctrikfish
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp Privacy

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    How does not allowing whatsapp access to my contacts help in keeping privacy?

    submitted by /u/UvDon
    [link] [comments]

    Can't uninstall Segurazo in windows 7

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    hi i was going to uninstall this piece of crap antivirus but for some reason, mind looked different

    after i tried uninstalling from programs and features , it asked me if i wanted to remove it since i had "an active subscription" . After I pressed on remove protection, it asked this
    "Some of Segurazo antivirus files are locked, to continue with the uninstall process a restart is required. Please close all other programs and click restart now to continue"
    I clicked on restart later but it closed the program instead. How do I remove it?

    (its called SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite in programs and features)

    submitted by /u/unknown_playea
    [link] [comments]

    Why is bing answering my search and how do i fix it?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Hi. Whenever i search on google chrome it always switches to bing. I hate it and want it gone. Is there a way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Gomu_Gomu_No_Fisted
    [link] [comments]

    Cloud computing

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Guys, I'm planning to shift towards cloud computing field. I have no background of computer science. Is it recommended? Is it okay to shift my field? I'm willing to learn no matter what it takes. Do I need a lot of coding skills for that?

    submitted by /u/S_CS54
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook issues

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook that I have been using for almost 5 years now but just recently it started disconnecting the wifi randomly and the only way I have been able to get it to reconnect is to restart my laptop. I have not downloaded any viruses before and I used a virus remover yesterday but it still did not fix it.

    submitted by /u/coronavirus_X_ebola
    [link] [comments]

    New Sound Bar/Old TV HELP!

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    I have an older...like 10-15 year old Sanyo flat screen. I just purchased a sound bar for it and didn't realize I did not have the appropriate connectors for audio. The only audio options the sound bar have are bluetooth and optical. My tv doesn't have either. All the tv has is analog and a Digital audio out spot. Can I get a converter to convert the digital audio to optical from the tv to the sound bar?

    submitted by /u/Individual_Mess_7149
    [link] [comments]

    Program to play sound as mic

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Hey

    I don't know if its the right place to post it but whatever.

    I work in telemarketing and I call people with a program called "jitsy" (something like skype). And when I talked to other people I need to read everytime at the beginning the same damn script. Lately I recorded myself saying the script and I just played it near the mic and it really worked and the people on the other side didn't even notice something different.

    Now my problem is that it's not comfortable to do it mechanically everytime, there is a program or software or something that I can send this record to the computer and than just play it from the computer and the people will hear it as a sound of the mic ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/randomuser390
    [link] [comments]

    How did the first computer software and hardware communicate?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Ok, so this question popped up in my head a couple of days ago and it finally fell over the edge when I finished watching the Enigma "documentary". How did the first computer software and hardware communicate? I came to the conclusion that there were these kinds of tapes with holes that were then compiled to binary but how did the computer know to compile them? How was the compiler built? I want the answer down to the mechanical part, before there was any code at all. How was the first compiler created?

    submitted by /u/McKapucna
    [link] [comments]

    If I paint my GPU will it overheat?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Title says it all, I want to paint my backplate of my GPU, someone told me it would overheat, but i have seen others paint theirs. Can anyone say if this is a bad idea or its fine?

    submitted by /u/metricshadow12
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some help!

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Looking for some help

    Hoping someone can help me here, might sound like a dumb question but I want to be sure before I go spend money.

    I am starting a new job, and will start from home. The company sent me a few monitors and a desktop computer that is not WiFi capable. My internet modem is upstairs, but I would prefer to have my setup downstairs. Would a mesh system solve this if I were to plug it in to an outlet downstairs and then hardwire my computer to that mesh system?

    That's the solution I came up with and just wanted to see what you all would think. If there is any other solutions please feel free to shed some light.

    submitted by /u/ChristaJa
    [link] [comments]

    If I factory reset my internet router, will that delete all of its data?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Will my ISP still have my search history or will it delete it from their database too? I'm trying to hide something from parents.

    submitted by /u/Gonnadeleet
    [link] [comments]

    Are they stealing my pc data?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I work in a bank, and due to the coronavirus and the quarantine we stopped going to the office since around April. During this time I have been working from home, since the computer department enabled a remote connection to my office computer through microsoft remote desktop. However, recently I noticed that someone had signed in to my google account from an unknown device ( A samsung S8 cellphone). I started to suspect that the IT guys where behind it, since they were the only people who had access to my computer ( while they enabled my connection to microsoft remote desktop through team viewer). After searching my computer a bit I also found a program/file called RDP wrapper. from what I understand, rdp wrapper enables a remote connection to a second computer without signing out the user from the first device. This looks pretty fishy to me, and i do sincerely think that they installed it just so that they could access my home computer without me knowing about it. What do you think? I would appreciate your opinion.

    submitted by /u/lbar98
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop purchase help XPS 15 7590

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I narrowed my search for a laptop to the XPS 15 7590. It has:

    9th gen Intel core i7-9750H (12mb cache, 6 core, up to 4.5 ghz)

    Windows 10 pro 64 bit

    Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 4gb gddr5

    16gb ddr4- 2666mhz, 2x8g

    512gb m.2 pcle nvme ssd

    15.6 4k uhd (3840x2160) oled infinity edge anti- reflective non touch 100% dci-p3 400 nits display

    6- cell, 97 whr integrated battery

    And 4 years of premium support plus that covers support and accidental damage. (Cost a little less than $500)

    And 12 month subscription to McAfee livesafe

    All this for a total of $2500.

    Worth it? Is this the normal price? Am I over paying? Im ok with buying that accidental damage and support plan. That plan

    submitted by /u/daguitaplaya
    [link] [comments]

    Why do smartphones have OLED screens if they get burn-in problems easily and quickly and has pulse width modulation and can damage the customers eyes or blind them and have, this doesn’t seem safe?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Why do smartphones have OLED screens if they get burn-in problems easily and quickly and has pulse width modulation and can damage the customers eyes or blind them and have, this doesn't seem safe?

    submitted by /u/SnooWords3685
    [link] [comments]

    Master List of Ports on TVs and Soundbars?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    My wife is an Audiologist and has a constant issue with connecting patients' devices to their TVs and sound systems. The majority of her patients are older and have no idea what the difference between Toslink, hdmi, or component is, so they can never tell her what type of device they need.

    Is there an app or site that has a master list of TV brands and the ports they have? That way she can just plug in the model and see what she needs to get them?

    submitted by /u/night_guard
    [link] [comments]

    Can I see more then 1 month back of my iPhone screen time?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Funai SV2000 WV10D6 DVD Recorder

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Picked up from the local thrift shop...doesn't power on. Does Funai require a special outlet? Fix possible?

    submitted by /u/BenBratz
    [link] [comments]

    Can you make a site go from first to second page in google

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Let's say it like that. I have information in internet which appears on the first page of google when searching for it but I'd like for it to "disappear". I am not able to do that explicitly so is it possible to somehow make it go to the second page of google. What if I start googling the info and opening every other link in the first and second page excluding the one I'd like to disappear from different ip's. Will that work?

    submitted by /u/xpoksi
    [link] [comments]

    Do 12V USB power ports automatically step-down to 5V when a device doesn't need it?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    I have a device that says it needs power from USB rated 5V 0.5A.

    I've been looking for USB power strips and saw some of them have 12V rating.

    There where special ports that could serve the 12V and normal ports that can do 5V.

    My concern is what if I accidentally plug my device to the 12V and it blows up.

    I've always thought that USBs have 5V standard, so I was thinking maybe it only becomes 12V if the device requests it. But my device is "dumb" and just needs 5V power via USB micro B.

    Edit:

    Misunderstood these products put 12V+nAmp ports. They actually mean a 12V + nAmp charger is included.

    submitted by /u/katsu_kare_raisu
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi not working above Modem/Router

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    My wifi has suddenly stopped working on the second floor of our house But seemingly only my Laptop/Phone and everyone else is having no issue. the moment i go upstairs the connection cuts and vice versa. Can anyone explain why this could be happening?

    We have an old ISDN line btw

    submitted by /u/totalynotanalien
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment