• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Tech Support - I want to record security video from my iPhone when it’s on lock screen. But if the video is stopped, it allows the saved video to be edited and deleted. How can I stop this so the video can’t be deleted or edited?

    Tech Support - I want to record security video from my iPhone when it’s on lock screen. But if the video is stopped, it allows the saved video to be edited and deleted. How can I stop this so the video can’t be deleted or edited?


    I want to record security video from my iPhone when it’s on lock screen. But if the video is stopped, it allows the saved video to be edited and deleted. How can I stop this so the video can’t be deleted or edited?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    I want to record security video from my iPhone when it's on lock screen. But if the video is stopped, it allows the saved video to be edited and deleted. How can I stop this so the video can't be deleted or edited?

    submitted by /u/yucattt
    [link] [comments]

    New laptop?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    So, I want to get a new laptop, but I don't know anything about tech. I just need one that has relatively large storage (think like maybe around 300 GB), allowes causual gaming (minecraft, sims 4) and that I can take with me because I go to Uni so I need it to be portable (not too heavy and hardware/casing doesn't break easily). Also, currently I use a Lenovo ideapad 500s which works great but doesn't have enough storage and isn't sturdy enough.

    I don't necessarily need a concrete answer (though it will be extremely appreciated if you have one!), if you could just give me a heads up on what specs to look for or easily understandable resources for a tech noob like me, that would be a great help already!

    Thank you so so much in advance! :)

    submitted by /u/ouaauo
    [link] [comments]

    How to take notes?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a way to take notes electronically as I hate typing but obviously handwritten notes are inefficient to store/can't include images etc.

    However, I don't want a portable electronic tablet type device as I'd like the notes to save directly onto my computer - so I can add charts/images of what I'm taking notes on.

    So I was hoping for some kind of e pad you write on that plugs directly into your laptop or desktop and saves notes directly to it. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/StinginRoger
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between Intel Core i5-10310U vPro-processor and Intel Core i7-10610U vPro-processor?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Dear AskTechnology,

    I hope you can give me some advice. I am going to buy the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th gen. This laptop comes, as the title says, with multiple options for processors including the Intel Core i5-10310U vPro-processor and Intel Core i7-10610U vPro-processor. The latter is €117.50 extra. Is this worth the extra bucks? Will there be a noticeable difference in performance/battery life/fan noise?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Emeis101
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my smart phone become glitchy when it loses service?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I work in a remote area that has really poor, almost nonexistent communications service. So every day when I drive to work my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) loses service, it has little to no service for ~10 hours, and then on my drive home it comes back into the service area. I almost always leave my Location turned off and sometimes turn it to Power Saving mode, but otherwise I don't do much with the settings during the day. My carrier is Verizon.

    What's strange, and what my question is, is why does my phone glitch out from losing service? On the drive home I like to play music, and I have to restart it once or twice once I'm near town again for it to work properly. Otherwise, texts won't go through or receive reliably, calls are broken up or dropped, and any apps that use data don't work correctly (ie Spotify can't search, group chats can't send or receive reliably, and the Internet functions freeze and crash). I've tried just ignoring it until I'm home with wifi, but the only way to get everything running smoothly again seems to be restarting the phone once or twice every evening. My phone hasn't been in any serious accidents or submerged in water before, it just really hates losing service. Is the Operating System just really dependent on always having cellular and mobile data access? Is there a better way to handle it than restarting it every evening?

    submitted by /u/peparooni79
    [link] [comments]

    Any single board computers without any hardware backdoor ?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    What should I buy?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    I want to buy a gaming PC so I can play with friends and have better graphics than an old laptop. I start high school next year and I dont want to become addicted to gaming on a PC. Should I buy a PC or a good laptop? ( good laptop meaning it cant handle games to well but still does the job

    submitted by /u/mujytaba
    [link] [comments]

    GPU not loading anything

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    So, I'm having this issue.

    My graphics card is recognized by the computer, but when it comes time for it to do anything the CPU usage skyrockets, but the GPU sits at 0% usage (according to task manager).

    Anybody have any ideas?

    I've tried: 1. Updating the drivers both automatically (using Windows updates).

    1. Installing them manually from the AMD website.

    2. Disabling and then re-enabling the GPU.

    3. Checked to see the internal temperatures. The CPU is 45°C and Motherboard is 36°C.

    Anything else I can try?

    If it matters, here are my specs:

    OS: Windows 10 Home

    Motherboard: ASUS F2A55-M LK Plus

    CPU: AMD A4-5300

    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7480D (integrated)

    RAM: 8gb (2x 4gb DDR3)

    HDD: Seagate 500gb, SATA 16mb cache, 6.0Gb/s

    Power supply: 430W

    submitted by /u/draken2019
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain to me why Chrome's "ScrollToTextFragment" is such an egregious privacy violation?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    I think this is a really handy feature, and outside of someone being able to search through your browser history and see some search term at the end of a URL or something, I fail to see why Mozilla, Brave, and others are so against this technology. I find it convenient, especially if I want to link someone to a specific part of a page but there is no named anchor for me to link to.

    submitted by /u/JustA90sKid
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi/Networking Question for new house. (First post on reddit)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm building a new house which will be wired up with both coaxial and Ethernet cables on a few outlets throughout the house. I wanted to ask if I could wire up a modem and router in the basement closet and plug the router into the Ethernet port to give my whole house connection to Ethernet. Would I then be able to plug my PC straight into a different Ethernet/coaxial combo port upstairs for a safe and secure connection? Or would I be better off wiring up the modem and router in the room with my PC. Another thought I had is, would it work if I just got an adapter for the coaxial signal which turns it into an Ethernet port and leave the router downstairs, would that be safe and secure? If you have any alternative solutions please feel free to share.

    Note:

    1)the ISP would most likely be spectrum and only providing internet through the coaxial connections since I don't need cable TV.

    2) I would also be using a mesh system for wireless to go along with the modem and router such as google nest or eero.

    Thanks to anyone who helps in advance!

    submitted by /u/Accomplished_Ziti
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Surface Headphoness 2 With My Dell XPS 13 Charger

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Can I charge my Surface Headphone 2 with my laptop Dell XPS 13 charger? Since the laptop charger is much more powerful than a regular cable, would it damage the battery in the headphones?

    submitted by /u/BillyDaWalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Razer Kraken Mic not working

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I am on Xbox and can hear game and parry sound. My mic just randomly stopped working. I am not muted and do not know what to do.

    submitted by /u/hdbelwocurnw
    [link] [comments]

    Is buying a 27 inch 144hz monitor worth buying if I’m playing Xbox one

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    Just looking for a simple answer, I'm not well versed in tech, just know how to use it

    submitted by /u/itsjibblesnbitz
    [link] [comments]

    Windows installation error upon boot

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I was resetting my laptop and left it for a while so it could do its thing. When I came back and turned it on, I would be met with this error:

    "Install windows This computer unexpectedly encounter an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click 'OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation"

    No matter what I do, I'm always met with this error. Help?

    submitted by /u/DoIKnowWho
    [link] [comments]

    Create my website

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Hello guys

    Inspired by Luke Smith (youtuber), in particular from this link video, I decided to create my website in my spare time.

    I would not want to lean on those sites that create your site, in drag & drop style, but personalize it up to a fairly in-depth level.

    Do you have any advice for me?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Fluffy-Wallaby
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment