• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Tech Support - Can employers find your reddit account?

    Tech Support - Can employers find your reddit account?


    Can employers find your reddit account?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    How can I get a Skype US phone number that can receive texts / calls?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    How can I get a Skype US phone number that can receive texts / calls?

    submitted by /u/BasedInquiry
    [link] [comments]

    I'm concerned about my reddit acount being discovered by potential employers....I dont have my name attached to it. How worried should i be?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    I dont have anything particularly bad or nsfw, ite just dumb stuff cause I am a teenager. How worried should I be? Do they usually only check insta/Facebook and google your name?

    submitted by /u/theiguana_32
    [link] [comments]

    Old Mp3 Player Identification

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Hello all. Years back, when I was about 12, I got my first mp3 player for my birthday. I've since lost it, but I'd like to find the model and buy it again for sentimental reasons. I've attached a paint image of what I sort of remember how it looks.

    Its small, silver, and has a blue LED screen. It also has a push-out USB stick. The slider is located on the back of the player above the battery compartment.

    I haven't been able to find any similar model online - I think it may be from china.

    Thanks to any replies.

    https://preview.redd.it/anhiguwbmc151.png?width=729&format=png&auto=webp&s=51be64c9450f4026eebcc33ab62eaf63ddadaf55

    submitted by /u/josefrieper
    [link] [comments]

    Need to get Windows Server 2012 R2 updated to latest patches without intervention

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Said server has just been freshly rebuilt and needs to get to latest patches before I proceed with hardening. Usually this takes the better part of a day and requires a lot of manual intervention because the server won't just restart by itself after updates have been installed. "Install Updates Automatically" is enabled but I don't see any option to have the server automatically restart as needed. Would like to have this as I'm about to turn in for the day and want these updates to be already applied when I get back.

    submitted by /u/Geno_DCLXVI
    [link] [comments]

    Some software, platform, or guidelines for generating unique ID codes

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    I'm trying to generate about 10,000 different codes that begin with the prefix VMK.

    The format will be something like VMK-XXXX-XXXX.

    I'm deciding if the "XXXX" stuff should be only letters, only numbers, or both (alphanumeric). I'm looking for any ideas if there are some general guidelines to making codes like these (e.g. maybe chances of typos are lower if only letters are used, and the letter 'O' and 'I' are excluded to avoid confusion with numbers like '0' and '1'.

    I'm also looking for softwares that are able to "optimize' random codes with these considerations in mind, since the codes I'm trying to generate might have to be manually inputted from time to time. Any suggestion would be awesome. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lostwhispers05
    [link] [comments]

    Does .doc format take more space than .odt format? And what is a safe site to use for converting text file formats?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    I converted a 145kb .odt file to .doc format and it became 901kb using zamzar.com. Is this supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/narwhhal27
    [link] [comments]

    Would a noctua nh-u12s cpu cooler be fine for the ryzen 5 3600 running at 4.0ghz?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Obscure Question Help

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    I want to know if the PDP Afterglow Xbox One Wired Controller has compatibility with Android if using a USB dongle. But I haven't found the answer anywhere. I'm gonna be honest, I found this sub just by googling "obscure hardware questions" so hopefully this is the right place to ask.

    submitted by /u/mobas07
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Transmitter / Receiver

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm working in a sawmill where there's a lot of noise. To communicate between us, we use a system of radio with wired earmuffs. We tap and audio cable from the speaker of the radio and plug it to a set of earmuffs. But the cable doesn't last long and broke often.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKvNbudGrViXQ1EyPwtiNlN4BmknV_z6/view?usp=sharing

    I was assigned to find a solution, I tough of using a pair of Bluetooth transmitters to transmit the audio to the headset. The receiver will be in the earmuff with a small battery to power it.

    I have look at some options, and I have found a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter but I'm pretty sure that I can't connect 2 of those to send the audio over Bluetooth and receive it at the other end.

    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bluetooth-5-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-w-Low-Latency-High-Fidelity-Stereo/184182495093?hash=item2ae221d775:g:wDMAAOSwIYJeUfhX

    Does someone knows a device that would be able to do that, or is there a pair of chip that I can use to build this project?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/philster1192
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get out of this hacking situation I’m in that has been going on for months?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    How do I get out of this hacking situation I'm in that has been going on for months without having to factory reset my phone or get a new phone or get the FBI involved?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Hrz/Refresh rates on HDMI splitter devices.

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I was looking at this product. I'm just looking for a simple device that I can click to switch between my crappier second monitor 1980x1080p (75hrz refresh) and my Odyssey Plus VR set. 1440x1600 (times 2) 90hrz refresh. So I dont have to keep going behind to unplug and replug stuff.

    That device doesn't make mention of the resolution sizes, or the refresh rates past 60. But I'm not sure if that matters, if the cables handle that and the devices themselves? If it can handle 4k my resolutions should be fine at 1440 right? It just doesnt mention it so unsure if I'm in the wrong ballpark

    submitted by /u/PandaEatsRage
    [link] [comments]

    Usb to Bluetooth Adapter?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Is there a usb hub or adapter that connects via bluetooth and powers the devices? Something that I can connect a peripheral to via USB like normal, then the hub connects to a mobile device via bluetooth. If it's just an adapter that just adapts one device that would be enough. It would be handy for using my existing peripherals with mobile devices, thought I don't need anything specifically meant for android gaming.

    submitted by /u/SmashHead256
    [link] [comments]

    How to unblock anything on a school computer

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    So I have a school computer windows 10 and I want to be able to search anything on google. I have a usb drive and I have an old slow computer that I'm getting Reimaged, and I want to know ways I can unblock things and transfer games and stuff, and I can't download nordvpn on the old computer. Please and thank you.

    submitted by /u/ZeeZax1
    [link] [comments]

    PDF Editor

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Greetings!

    I'm trying to edit my pdf's for my fba replenishment labels. I currently print out my labels on 30 per sheet labels, but I don't always have 30 labels to print. So instead of wasting a sheet with left over labels, is there any way I can rearrange the labels so I can print them on the ones that are still on the sheet? The barcodes are what makes it trickier than just simple text.

    I'm a poor peddler, if any of you know a way I can do this it would be greatly appreciated haha.

    submitted by /u/Papaya_Island
    [link] [comments]

    How would my mom know my battery percentage? (iphone)

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    I share my location with my mom because I tend to road trip frequently. Last night I was over at a friend's place and forgot to text her back, and when I called her she said "I checked your location and I saw you were out, plus your battery percentage was low so I got worried." When I asked her how she knew what my battery percentage was, she played dumb. Is there some way to check someone's battery percentage if they share location with you? Did she use find my iPhone? I don't think she would have my login. Can't seem to figure it out.

    submitted by /u/alchvi
    [link] [comments]

    monitor buzz, need help

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    Thinking about buying some smart glasses with video and audio, what are some options that won’t break the bank?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Can drop a few hundred, but don't wanna drop 750+ like most of the glasses I've seen are.

    Edit: mean viewable video and audio.

    submitted by /u/Reagens_Eagle
    [link] [comments]

    Can you sue someone for using your likeness online?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Should I buy a new 4K TV?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Because, of the upcoming PS5 en Xbox X being capeable of going to 120hz, I am considering buying a new TV since mine is pretty old. I've been looking to buy a 4K TV but all the ones in my budget are capped at 50hz. My current old plasma Panasonic tv has 100hz. And now i'm stuck in this dilemma. Should I stick with my trusty plasma tv with 100hz or is getting a 4K tv with 50hz the better choice?

    Also does it being a old plasma tv affect the refresh rate of it?

    submitted by /u/azureflows
    [link] [comments]

    Is collecting data more of an AI thing or an IoT thing?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Question about adaptor(s)

    Posted: 27 May 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    I know literally nothing about adaptors and I'm trying to figure something out. Here is a link to pictures of a wall adaptor. I'm trying to figure out the name of the adaptor port (not the outlet part) so that I can find a battery pack for the string of lights it goes to instead of having to plug them into the wall. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/houseofLEAVEPLEASE
    [link] [comments]

    My phone got pin blocked

    Posted: 27 May 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    My phone git pin blocked and it says my pin got blocked

    submitted by /u/wooliervenus099
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 plus is experiencing “ghost touch”

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Phone is typing, swiping by itself. Happens plugged and not plugged in. Is basically unusable at this point. I have cleaned my screen, taken off the case, restarted, updated all apps, updated iOS, and factory reset my phone. Is this the screen, digitizer or something else?

    submitted by /u/casper-the-toast
    [link] [comments]

    Need to rebuild a server running Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition, can I use a different ISO or do I need to use the same one?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    I would have liked to use a more updated ISO to avoid having to download older patches, but I'm not sure if I can even do that. Plus, afterwards, I have to do an in-place upgrade to Server 2016 because apparently we have software that can't just install on 2016 right away and has to go through 2012.

    Anyhoo, is the license bound to the ISO for Windows Server? I've never experienced having to input a key when installing so I'm not quite sure. Also, is there any way I can update my current ISO to a newer one?

    submitted by /u/Geno_DCLXVI
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment