• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 16, 2020

    Tech Support - RAM not working at tested speeds?

    Tech Support - RAM not working at tested speeds?


    RAM not working at tested speeds?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I have 2x8 GB of 3200mhz corsair Vengeance rgb PRO RAM, Ryzen 5 2600, and an ASRock ab350 pro4 motherboard. The ram is on the QVL. Whenever i go into bios and change the clock speed to 3200 mhz (using the xmp profile) my pc gets a bsod saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Right now I have it set to 3066 mhz and it doesn't seem to crash. Anyone know why I cant set it to 3200? (Note: If my PC doesn't crash, It seems as if all the memory is being used because I can't even use chrome without getting the "Aw, Snap!" message.)

    submitted by /u/aloha441
    [link] [comments]

    Google News Personalization

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Anyone know how to remove categories from your personalized Google news page? I know how to customize the "for you" option and to say "more articles like this" "less like this." But I want to completely remove the "Sports" and "Entertainment" categories.

    Also, is there a way to reorder the categories? For example, I want to move "World News" up higher, and "Tech" down at the bottom.

    submitted by /u/Spotted_Salamander2
    [link] [comments]

    External harddrive question

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out if there is a software that will allow me to add a gui to my external hard drive. Specifically I want to be able to organize everything going into it with icons or something similar. I don't know if it's possible, but I'm interested to find out. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/DaytimeWaffleHouse
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi hotspot or Bluetooth hotspot: Which preserves battery life more?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Download Speed Drops Drastically On My PC While Other Devices' Speeds Don't

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    My PC is connected through Ethernet that receives signals from a service tower in my backyard. When performing internet speed tests, my download speed will initially read at 70-90 mbps, and then drop to 20 mbps in the matter of milliseconds. If another family member performs the same test on a computer 10 feet away from me at the exact same time, its download reads 130 mbps and never changes. This PC has no malware or viruses installed on it, and many speed optimizations have been taken. Is there anything I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/MattTheGamer27
    [link] [comments]

    Project advice and suggestions

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    I'm currently working on a project for school and I'm looking for advice on potential techniques and technologies I could be using to achieve a certain outcome. I am trying to design a table that will display what is on a set of playing cards next to it. For example. if you place the playing card "4 of hearts" on the table, the table would recognize this and digitally display the "4 of hearts" card. Currently, my plans are to use a glass table with a projector and a camera built underneath. The camera is using vuforia to detect icons on the back of the cards that let it know what the card, and then send that information to the projector to show the corresponding image.

    I feel unfamiliar with the current technology I am using and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or ideas to make this run smoother. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/dswarboss
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be concerned?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    Question about a possible hack attempt. I'm not good with any form of technology so I'm imput is appreciated...I get the typical spam calls with robot chinese voicemails from time to time and I never answer unknown numbers/callers anyway. But this morning I recieved a 1kb MMS from some unknown +409 number (and since I have auto-recieve MMS, it immediately downloaded / recieved it) and then after it finished, the number turned into "Unknown Address" along with the MMS turning into "Message not available." Basically my question is whether or not this was some successful scam/hack attempt..have never had something like this happen before so I'm a little stressed lol.

    submitted by /u/TMcCran
    [link] [comments]

    My phone is bricked. Will changing the battery help me recover it?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I need some of the files i had on my phone. Are they lost or can I somehow retrieve them?

    submitted by /u/dearhollow
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my WiFi speed soon slow?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    My Cable connection via LAN is 90Mbps, this is tested recently.

    I have a Huawei modem with built-in WiFi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Both active

    My phone is a Samsung S20 connected to the 5Ghz channel, even when sitting 10 feet away from the modem, my wifi test speed on my phone show 9Mbps. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/the_wildelk
    [link] [comments]

    Help me help my granny? (big request, I'm sorry!)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    My granny needs a new pc, she uses hers mostly for microsoft office, googling/pintresting things, and iTunes for her iPod and burning cds. Right now she's only using about 300 gb (over a decade's use). Which of these do you think is the best bet for her kind of use? (links below) Or if you think these are overkill/not good enough, feel free to suggest another.

    1. Dell Optiplex 990 SFF Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz 8GB 500GB DVDRW Windows 10 Pro (Renewed)

    2. HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF Slim Business Desktop Computer, Intel i5-4570 up to 3.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD, USB 3.0, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Renewed) (8GB RAM | 500GB HDD)

    3. HP 8100 Desktop Computer Intel i5 3.2GHz Processor 8GB Memory 1TB HDD Genuine Windows 10 Professional (Renewed)

    There's also the issue of her music. iTunes isn't supported anymore and I'm not sure it's the best way for her to get music. She also uses a very old iPod (unsure of the exact type). I'd like to help her use some other type of music software as long as there's a way to move the songs from her iTunes library there (she probably has thousands). I'd also like to get her a new mp3 player/ iPod with lots of space that can download songs from the music software pretty easily, but it seems like most of them nowadays are touch screens which isn't ideal for her. Does anyone know of good alternatives for this?

    https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Optiplex-990-SFF-Desktop/dp/B01HTVADHW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=personal+computer+500gb&qid=1586973945&sr=8-1

    https://www.amazon.com/HP-ProDesk-600-G1-SFF/dp/B07BCGW85X/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=personal+computer+500gb&qid=1586973945&sr=8-10

    https://www.amazon.com/HP-8100-Processor-Professional-Refurbished/dp/B01G49FYGK/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=computer+1tb&qid=1586975212&sr=8-6

    submitted by /u/meowzurs9
    [link] [comments]

    I can't print from my laptop and I've have no idea why..

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    I have a networked Brother HL-3170CDW. I have in installed on my laptop and it can see it on the network. I have the latest drivers directly from Brother's website. I'm currently using a MSI GE72 MVR 7RG Apache Pro if that helps. My router is a Netgear XR500.

    Every time I print the documents sit in the printer queue and never leave. The first document sits at "Printing" status indefinitely. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, resetting the printer, resetting my router, connecting my printer both on WiFI and Ethernet cable and even reinstalling windows. This is truly baffling me.

    What confuses me even more is that my wife can print from both her computers (a Macbook and an iMac). I can see the device when I log into my router as well.

    Pls halp

    submitted by /u/sicpric
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse sometimes stops being held down when I'm holding it.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Sometimes when I hold down LMB, it stops being held down, like I lifted my finger up. Any fixes, or is it the mouse?

    submitted by /u/SaberSnakeStream
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a certain type of USB-C hub

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Is this legal?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    There's a guy selling license to Xbox 360 game and I don't understand how it works. https://i.imgur.com/FWamCXz.png

    There's a Q&A with following information (badly translated):

    Is it physical? - No, they are licenses which are played without a physical disk.

    Is it code? - No, they are licenses which are played without a physical disk.

    Do they expire? - It does not expire since it is permanent.

    How are licenses assigned? - Once the payment is credited, it is sent by instant messaging, that is, by whatsapp or email.

    1. How this guy has over 90 copies of game? Is it legal way to sell videogames?
    2. If this guy didn't make the game, how can he sell license to download the game from Xbox live?
    submitted by /u/Someone9339
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting VoIP phone to network

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Looking for some suggestions on how to best accomplish the following:

    I have a VoIP phone that I need to connect to my network. The phone cannot connect wireless, and my router is not near my desk. In order to connect this to my router I would have to have a very long ethernet cable that would present a tripping hazard and would look terrible. I'd like to buy a wireless bridge that has an ethernet output, so I could connect the bridge wireless to my network, and then connect the bridge with an ethernet to the phone, thus connecting the phone to my network. Any suggestions for devices? or any suggestions that could solve this problem differently? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/jnlogan1989
    [link] [comments]

    Auto fill web form bot repeat mode

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Hi how do I go about creating a bot or app to fill web form after logging in to my account.

    i log in fill first 3 pages

    then I want to fill details on page 4 and go to next page

    back to page 4 change 1 of the entries and go next and then back and repeat

    What do I need for this

    submitted by /u/Phss17
    [link] [comments]

    laptop gaming setup

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Hello, I was wondering if I could plug in my 120hz laptop into a 144hz monitor via HDMI. I was just wondering if it would work and run at 120hz or 144hz. (my goal is to have a laptop gaming setup)

    submitted by /u/Arudy123
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading My PC's SSD

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Hello, my PC currently has a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD, and I want to upgrade the SSD to a 1 TB because I am too lazy to clear stuff from it. How would I go about doing the upgrade? Is it as simple as just copying the contents over to the new one and installing it in? Any tips / guidance is well appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mattgolden100
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any tests that would suggest what the recommended octane score is for my web application to run in client's browser

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I have a complex web application with a lot of client side JS and I'm tuning it for optimal performance but however there could be long running JS code. I know google has the octane v2 that runs benchmark tests for the infrastructure and browser capabilities. I want to be able let the users know that they need to meet certain octane score requirements to be able to get to fast and optimal experience. So is there a way to decide what is the optimal octane score if a user wants to run my web page in their machine.

    submitted by /u/ahagotcha2
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Desktop problems

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Hey so I recently purchased a new gaming pc and I was super hype to get started with gaming. However. My pc started to run into various problems within just a few days of usage. I had audio problems, stuttering, and so many different bsods each with a different problem. I really don't know what to do with it anymore. Please help

    submitted by /u/AdorableFix1
    [link] [comments]

    Would this work today or is it far in the future?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have noticed there is a huge gap in understanding of technology between the wealthy and the poor. I would like to bridge the gap with technology.

    Scientist could map the brain the children in wealthiest schools to understand how the child learns in comparison to public schools.

    Then using the information make headgear that can stimulate that specific part of the brain to increase the speed of learning.

    Then use VR to create a virtual classroom to create immersion, so it feels real.

    Would this work today?

    submitted by /u/dock1136
    [link] [comments]

    Making an image of a hard drive including erased and corrupted files

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    What is the best software to do this? I deleted some files from a hard drive and tried to recover them with recuva and similar sofware but it was unsuccessful. I need to use that drive now for other purposes and I would like to preserve a copy of everything it has stored (including erased and corrupted files) so I may be able to recover them in the future with other software tools.

    submitted by /u/postbioorganism
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a cheap alternative to Elgato Camlink

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I am looking to find a way to use my Lumix camera as a webcam on my computer. From what I have found, I need a camlink or capture card. I have tried all of the free software. Everything I have found is around $100+. Do you guys know of any alternatives that are cheaper? I would like to spend under 70$. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ExhaustedLamp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment