• Breaking News

    Friday, April 17, 2020

    Tech Support - USB vs 3.5mm Headset Differences?

    Tech Support - USB vs 3.5mm Headset Differences?


    USB vs 3.5mm Headset Differences?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    My roommate works for a call center and is bringing her work home next week due to the virus. The center says she needs a USB headset. I already have a nice gaming headset, but it is 3.5mm instead of USB. I don't really see much of an issue with that. I know 3.5mm is analog rather than digital, so you should be a bit mindful of wires and interference. Also good to have a decent sound card. Otherwise I don't see the big deal in connection type. But she said her workplace was adament and specified repeatedly that it must be USB. What exactly makes USB so superior for this?

    submitted by /u/LadyDigamma
    [link] [comments]

    Switched case and fan - computer randomly reboots (even sometimes when I just touch it) and runs games in "GPU 0 - copy" with "very high" power consumption in task manager.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    So the title pretty much sums it up. I realise the fact that the pc reboots when I touch is is likely some sort of grounding problem, but it's also weird that games like World of warcraft has a very high power consumption.
    I cant really understand what this "GPU 0 - copy" is from googling, but is it related to the high power consumption? I thought perhaps it meant that the game is using graphics from the integrated intel graphics, but the computer does say that my 2070 is working properly, and I double checked all the power cables.

    Any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance! :)

    submitted by /u/jaffur88
    [link] [comments]

    Bios Problem?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    I start up my PC, and then after 15ish minutes it will pop up with the error, "Restart or select proper boot device". I already went into the bios and tried setting it to the main hard drive with the OS system. It works for another 10-20 minutes then brings up the same thing. It is my hard drive? Or is it my SATA cable? If anyone could lead me into the right direction that would be great.

    submitted by /u/Beyondcannibal
    [link] [comments]

    Download Speed

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    I have a laptop that I have used heavily for the last 5 years and now have a connection problem. Using steam downloads as a way to visualize it, my internet connection(ethernet) is coming in consistent ~20-second waves. The download speed used to be around 30 MB/s and has now been reduced to a peak of 400 KB/s, with a low of 60 KB/S. I restarted the router and computer, to see there is no change after a week. Has anyone else faced this issue and if so how do I fix it?

    I heard it could be throttling but I don't have much understanding of what that means. If there is anything I could do it would be a great help. I am scared it is the computer finally giving up ;(

    submitted by /u/Heroward
    [link] [comments]

    Noob Needs Help Booting Windows From Flash Drive (Drivers Needed) Please Help :)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Hello all, I appreciate any advice you can provide!

    Replaced HDD on HP notebook (original failed) but after starting boot process, I receive an error that I am missing a driver for the thumb drive itself. I used my Mac to make the bootable ISO drive.

    I do not have a readily accessible windows computer to use the media creation tool or other executables to embed the windows driver in the boot files.

    Can anyone provide insight on how to resolve? Happy to address any clarifying questions and thank you again!

    submitted by /u/DevMattM
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to retrieve deleted photos from a phone which has been formatted?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    There were some photos which I downloaded and then I deleted them. Then at a later stage I formatted the phone. Is is possible to retrieve those photos? It's an android phone. Old phone. Android 4.2

    submitted by /u/isupportmodi
    [link] [comments]

    is regular use of mobile hotspot dangerous for one's health?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    i can't find a clear answer online. i've been using it for 8 hours per day twice per week (so about 16 hours per week in 8 hour intervals) since the shelter in place order. should i be concerned about any of this from a health perspective?

    submitted by /u/apperception-
    [link] [comments]

    How can I discretely record all of my conversations?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I'd like to record my conversations for hours on end (it's legal where I live) for a few weeks. I've tried using my iphone but the voice recorder will randomly stop or it shows up obviously on my phone or it stops if I open certain apps on the camera. It's too problematic so it looks like I need outside technology.

    I've looked up certain voice recorders but I'm not sure if they'll be easy to transfer to a computer when I need them to, or if they'll be too big or clunky. What do the police use when recording audio with tiny devices? Is that technology just limited to law enforcement?

    If so, do you have any recording device recommendations? Or maybe another phone app that's better? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/prematurelyaging
    [link] [comments]

    New pc

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Anyone know a good pc, I'm getting one but my mom keeps saying that I can only get a Mac so does anyone know a computer that's basically twice as good as a Mac

    submitted by /u/thevoids2277
    [link] [comments]

    Install windows 10

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    I bought a Microsoft Surface RT without knowing that it has Windows 8. Is there a possible way to install Windows 10? Like opening inside the laptop and change the motherboard or do something to install it? I mean the surface looks great, it's brand new, and it functions very well.

    submitted by /u/Ro_osa3
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop screen problem

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    My friend has a problem with his laptop screen. He sent me this picture- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vfHox64pO3TdT3xflGIhv9h5spHUkkV1/view?usp=drivesdk. It could be dead pixels but I wouldn't think it would be speckled like that. He said he thought it was a smudge so he rubbed it and it spread like this. Does anyone know what this could be or how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/321Brandon
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with downloads

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    Hi, I am a gamer and some of my games have updates often but for some reason, whether it be on steam or epic games or uplay or rockstar, after around 2 mins of downloading, my pc just stops downloading and I have to start it again. On my phone, a 1gb update or download can sometimes take less than a minute but when it comes to downloading a 1gb update on my pc, it can take over an hour due to the constant connection interruptions. How do I fix this? I am desperate

    submitted by /u/holy_trout
    [link] [comments]

    I have 2 HDMI cables (with adapters) for two different USB C ports on my MacBook pro. Will this work if I try to dual monitor (2 different screens excluding MacBook screen)?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Like the title says I have two HDMI cables with adapters and I'm trying to connect them to separate USB c ports on my MacBook. Will this work if I want to use two monitor screens while my MacBook is closed? Should I just by the splitter? I have the cables just don't have the splitter.

    submitted by /u/BenSoly
    [link] [comments]

    I want to install windows 10 pro on external drive

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I want to install windows 10 pro in an external drive

    I have product and serial key of windows 10 pro

    Pc have window 7 32-bit and I don't want to upgrade pc windows

    Pc processor is core-i5 (6mb cache, 3.4 ghz)

    Ram 16 gb

    Graphic memory 1.5gb

    I have 500 gb external drive and SD card of 32 gb

    Can anyone tell me the method how to do this

    I have seen several tutorials but I can't understand how to do this

    I downloaded the window 10 setup but it's not running on windows 7 (I don't want to upgrade . I want to I stall it on my external drive )

    submitted by /u/moizmani
    [link] [comments]

    GA EX58-ud5 compatible with intel Xeon x5675?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded my cpu from i7 920 to Xeon x5675 and when I put the new cpu in my motherboard which is GA EX58-ud5 my pc won't boot. I know the socket is between this motherboard and the x5675 is compatible so I don't know what the problem is.

    submitted by /u/whibang
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi mesh system

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking to buy a mesh WiFi system for my house (~6000 square feet) and I'm not very educated on topics like this. Does anyone have any suggestions for what systems would possibly work best?

    submitted by /u/EliteThunder14
    [link] [comments]

    Can I put Intel Xeon x5675 into a GA EX58-ud5 motherboard?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    I previously had i7 920 in this GA EX58-ud5 motherboard and I bought a a new cpu which is intel Xeon x5675 and when put the new cpu in my pc won't boot? Is there anyway I can use this cpu on this motherboard? Ps I'm using a rx 570 as my gpu.

    submitted by /u/Forward-Divide
    [link] [comments]

    Flash bios msi error

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Today, I found a problem with my flash bios, which after having put the USB only makes two flashes and then stops remaining with a stable light: MSI b450 tomahawk max (unfortunately I can't even access the BIOS, i have already tried thr cmos and i have already used rufus). Why did i use flash bios? Because form one day to another the computer did not want to work anymore, and i found that the problem was in the BIOS, so i wonted to rewrite it using the flash BIOS. Can anyone solve it please?

    submitted by /u/tonno7103
    [link] [comments]

    Switching primary video output

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    So I have my new homebuilt PC hooked up to a VGA, and a DVI monitor. The VGA doesn't work, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. It works great, but my computer defualts to outputting on the DVI monitor. How can I change specifically what it defaults too, in terms of where BIOS is displayed? Switching the primary output, NOT primary monitor if that makes sense

    submitted by /u/TheDollarStoreDildo
    [link] [comments]

    USB disconnects then reconnects on startup

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    I recently accidentally deleted a file that I probably wasn't supposed to, and now whenever I start up my computer everything connected via USB disconnects then reconnects. It's extremely annoying and I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was. I forget exactly what I deleted, but I was surprised it did anything. It screwed up my desktop backgrounds for a little bit when I deleted it, but they returned back to normal after messing with them for a bit. I'm not sure if the deleted file was really connected to the USB malfunction, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/jojothejman
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with GPU!

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Hello I have recently noticed a problem with my laptop where my gpu in task manager has gone to 0% and my game performance has gone down significantly. If you guys know how to fix it please tell me so, Thanks in advance!

    Link to what I see in the task manager: https://imgur.com/a/klX77Sw

    submitted by /u/lethalitytaricmain
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete app on a batteryless phone.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Battery is ruined. Cant be Phone MacGyver as shown in video on how to revive phones. If a hard reset is necessary and wipe all data its ok

    submitted by /u/Mr_Friday91
    [link] [comments]

    Does Virtual Box damage your pc?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I've saw many youtubers user virtual box and i want one too but first the installation doesn't seems quite legit and second, will running two os simultaneously damage the computers hardware ?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Links Not Working From Website

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Broken Link Please Help!

    Every time I try to tweet a link from my website multiple users receive this error "The Error Was FetchEvent.respondwith received an error Returned response is null" but on second click it will work.

    Can't figure it out please I've contact the domain service go daddy and tried everything possible.

    submitted by /u/nyj_matt-twitter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment