• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 28, 2020

    Tech Support - Elgato 4k60 Pro Mk.2 preview delay

    Tech Support - Elgato 4k60 Pro Mk.2 preview delay


    Elgato 4k60 Pro Mk.2 preview delay

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Does anyone have the Elgato 4k60 Pro Mk.2 and play and record their ps4/xbox through the preview? I'm wondering if there is a delay in the preview because this would be the only factor in my decision on buying this card.

    submitted by /u/ShartyyWaffles
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen during games cause crashes

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    I have a problem where sometimes, when I'm playing a video game, my laptop screen just randomly goes black. The audio continues, or will sound glitchy. Then when the black screen stops after 4 to 5 seconds, my game crashes. I am getting really pissed about this problem. My computer is fine and shouldn't be causing these crashes.

    my specs are:

    • CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q (4GB GDDR5)
    • DISPLAY: 15.6", Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS
    • STORAGE: 1000GB HDD
    • RAM: 16GB DDR4, 2400 MHz

    This laptop is fairly new and I literally have no idea what I have to do to fix it. It makes games unplayable.

    submitted by /u/Yeestah
    [link] [comments]

    Hide.me is not trustworthy

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    So i've been using hide.me for quite a long time, for about 3 years. Before using hide.me, i've been using ipvanish, which is trustworthy, but slow internet speed.

    But after 1st year of use, i received a message that my facebook password was changed. I thought it was a phishing email, so i checked the official facebook website, and yes my account was hacked. This was extremely strange to me because I'm confident that i've never done anything to get my account hacked, and i dont use my facebook account for any third party log in. I knew that Hide.me vpn is the only source for leakage of personal data, but nevertheless, i kept on using this vpn because it was the fastest vpn i know.

    I kept ignoring this incident until shxt got bigger. Now my google account was hacked, and i had to change the password again. This was again, very strange because before i used this vpn, i never had this kind of problem. My computer has been formatted and it's virus free. I also changed my phone to a new one, and i havent installed any third party app or downloaded anything from web.

    Now couple months ago, I applied for transfer to CSU, and i received the account id and password directly from the CSU I applied to. I changed the password to my own preference. But it was somehow hacked again! Since i never shown my CSU id to anyone, website, or mail, i was sure that hide.me is somehow leaking my personal info because i was using hide.me when i logged into the CSU portal.

    Hide.me is also a strange vpn, because my antivirus always detects a change in my host file whenever i connect to the vpn. I dont know why it's altering the system's host file everytime it connects, but it's really shady to me.

    submitted by /u/iluminonsense101
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get GroupMe desktop notifications on my Mac with Chrome?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    So that I don't have to be on the actual groupme website to receive notifications.

    submitted by /u/Nesquick19
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    My ASUS laptop won't turn on Ive tried many things but the screen is just black. It is flashing with a white light like it's on and the orange 'low power' light is always on even after charging for several hours. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/bigOTbar
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I download winRaR

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Looking for a new labtop

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I am looking for a good and solid laptop/notebook. I currently am using a Lenovo yoga 1 and well I am not really happy with it. It is just to slow and the build quality is not to great. Do you have any recommendations?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/motheone1
    [link] [comments]

    Game/Video Audio Playing Through Microphone into Voice Recording Software/Discord (Friends can hear game audio)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    I recently made big hardware changes to my computer. I installed a new graphics card first and everything was fine with my audio for a few days. Then my motherboard and processor came in. After installing them an old problem that I had before with my Razer Kraken Pro V2 (not USB, it's the 3.5 mm stereo/audio split cable) resurfaced, all my game audio, music or YouTube video audio now plays through my microphone/headset and all my friends can hear it clearly in Discord. I checked if it was just Discord by recording myself, it was there as well. I've tried different headsets to no avail (Man O' War's and an old junky headset I had lying around).

    My PC Spec's are as follows:

    - Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

    - ASUS Tuf Gaming X570-plus (motherboard)

    - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

    The problem didn't arise until after I installed the processor and motherboard. I installed the proper drivers for the motherboard and graphics card, I tried updating the Realtek Audio Drivers I have.. I tried rolling back the drivers, I tried everything I could find online. Long ago there was an enhancements tab in the sound control panel for my recording/playback devices but that's nowhere to be found after some windows update. My last ditch effort was just completely factory resetting my computer like I should have after making big hardware changes. I literally have nothing installed other than the drivers that came with the motherboard and my updated graphics drivers and I still have the problem.

    If anyone can answer my problems I'll be ever so grateful, I've spent days nonstop trying different "fixes"/methods...

    submitted by /u/Obliviare
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good gaming pc ?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. Im looking for a good gaming pc and now im willing to buy it from someone for 660 euros

    Here are the specs : CPU: i7700k 4.4ghz

    liquid cooling: ENERMAX LIQMAX II 240 waterkoeling

    GPU: 1070 gigabyte 8gb

    ram :16gb gskill ram 3000mhz

    moederbord: GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0)

    Storage: 500gb samsung 970 evo m2

    2de Storage: kingston 240gb ssd

    Is it good for the price and can i stream with it?

    Greetings

    submitted by /u/Solid-Warning
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Walking Feet Perforce Icon

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Some years ago I worked with a version of Perforce, which had a pair of walking feet as an icon when it was busy performing. In the last years I tried to find this icon (as icon-file or gif or picture), but I didn't succeed. By any chance, does anyone of you have this?

    If this is the wrong subreddit, please excuse and I would be happy if you could point me to the correct one.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dolly_flowerfriend
    [link] [comments]

    Java downloads

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    So i'm trying to run an application that requires 64-bit java, and so I downloaded it. I now have one java folder names Java that is 32-bit and another named Java2 that is presumably 64-bit, but the application still says I need Java 64-bit. I'm not entirely sure what to do

    submitted by /u/Monkey_with_PTSD
    [link] [comments]

    wired xbox 360 controller keeps powering down

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    I have an xbox 360 controller that keeps powering off (not disconnecting, still shows up in device manager. reinstalled drivers many times and tried different usb ports). I have a second identical xbox 360 controller that the same exact issue happens with too, just started recently. They work for about 10 minutes before just powering off, replugging it in works sometimes but it takes a few attempts. I've searched around for an answer and haven't found anything useful. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/Themis3000
    [link] [comments]

    Why are dates for Reddit Google results wrong?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    if I use the "site" operator for Reddit on google and filter after time it shows the dates wrong. As an example, it shows 2 days ago and if you click the link it is a post from like 1 year ago.

    submitted by /u/Excavator1999
    [link] [comments]

    Do file sizes differ between MKV/MP4 with x265 compression?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Came across somebody who compresses stuff in both codecs. The MP4 file is almost twice as large despite also being 720p with x265 compression. What would account for the size difference?

    submitted by /u/LittleSaintJames
    [link] [comments]

    The best 2 in 1 laptop brand recommendation

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    So it's nearly my 16th birthday and I am looking for a 2 in 1 laptop that has 3.5ghz,8ram,i5 core processer resolution of 1920 x 1080 for gaming working and drawing. I would really love for you guys to recommend me a laptop for a budget of under 600$.

    submitted by /u/IamPshyco
    [link] [comments]

    800sq foot house—I have an Airport Extreme and a Pace 5268AC router provided by ATT. How can I best maximize my home wifi?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    Equipment:

    • Pace 5268AC (supplied by ATT)
    • Apple Airport Extreme (serial C29PJ02QFJ1R)
    • ATT 50 up / 50 down fiber
    • 800 sq foot, single-story house.

    Now that my wife have been working from home for the past couple weeks, we've been running into more frequent issues with our wifi. Sometimes its alright, frequently it's bad, and I'd like to make the most of what we have.

    The way it's currently setup is the Pace router is pushing it's own wifi network (default ATT network), and is also running a line to the Airport Extreme, which is pumping out two wifi networks (normal and a 5G). So we have three wifi networks total.

    Our house is very small (800 square feet, single-story), and I often have to work on the far end of the house, but my wifi signal seems pretty spotty over there. It seems like the Airport 5G network should be able to reach across 20 feet across the house, but it doesn't always.

    Often times, I notice that my laptop claims I have 3 or 4 wifi bars, but when I log in to the router and look at it from the other perspective, my router shows it only has a 1 bar connection to my laptop.

    Not sure if this is enough to paint a picture, but during these working from home and shelter-in-place times, it would be awesome to maximize the potential of our network without having to go buy anything new.

    If any additional info is needed, let me know! Thank you!

    Does having three wifi networks break up our bandwidth/speed? Would we be more efficient with just one?

    submitted by /u/freshmintsss
    [link] [comments]

    Micro SD Headaches

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Hello all! On mobile so sorry about the format

    I'm a hobbyist photographer and was out shooting yesterday when my camera told me that my SD card could not be accessed and to remove it or format it.

    I tried removing the card, double checking the lock switch, powering down and removing the battery from the camera and nothing helped. So I called it a night and went home to try and fix the card on my PC.

    Well more problems came up from here. When I put the card in the PC card reader the computer does not recognize that a device has been inserted. I tested this with a different SD card and that one read just fine. I looked up some solutions to try and fix this but they all involve changing the letter drive for the card, which I can't do because the card does not show up at all when put in the computer. Likewise I also cannot find what the original letter drive was for the card for the same reasons. So I have been unable to run the CHKDSK commands. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the usb drivers. That didn't help either.

    So I gave up and decided I would format the card since it's existence is at least noticed by my camera when it is in place. And then the camera shoots me back an error saying the card is unable to be formatted.

    I am at a complete loss here. Aside from being frustrated about being so thoroughly outwitted by this little bastard I also lost nearly 400 photos if I am unable to recover the card which is a major bummer.

    Any ideas how to fix this? Or am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/MasterSwagBear
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice on getting a webcam for video calling the 90+ grandparents?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm wondering what options are out there so we can web call our grandparents. They have no technology in the house except a TV (that I believe has HDMI). So, assuming I can get them on a cellular dongle of some sort, can anyone advise on granny-proof tech to have webcam chats?

    Ideally I think it'd just integrate with their TV and require as few buttons as possible. They already view the remote control with great scepticism.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_ZOIDBERG
    [link] [comments]

    Here's a deal for a 2TB external HDD on ebay for my xbox one.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Seller is from china and he has great ratings. But i think 30$ its cheap for 2tb and it doesnt seams to have a brand on it but it doesnt look cheap and has a warranty but dont have the time to mess with that. Should i give it a try ?considering my budget is low and that would be perfect. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Kotkaniemi
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an algorithm to search wikipedia for articles that the algorithm has identified as revelant?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Work Computer On home Network

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    I am now working from home. I work for a state agency. I use my hime network for a lot of NSFW content from my mobile phone and personal computer. But on my network. If I connect my work PC to my home Network via WIFI will this cause issues? Is there any concern with this I should be aware of?

    submitted by /u/disfookinguy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment