• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Tech Support - What are the differences between the 4G modes on my phone?

    Tech Support - What are the differences between the 4G modes on my phone?


    What are the differences between the 4G modes on my phone?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    So my phone often switches between 4G, 4G+, and 4G++

    Now my old house I loved at has 4G++ Connectivity, and I get around 12Mbps as a speedtest, my new house has 4G only, and I get 23Mbps on a speedtest.

    However at work I get 4G and I often can't get 1Mbps.

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Strange internet outage, did my ISP throttle me?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Hello all. Last night, I was streaming a game on my Nintendo switch to twitch. Everything was going well, but about one hour into my stream, at the exact same time, both my Nintendo switch lost connection to the internet, and my twitch connection went down. To specify, ONLY my Nintendo switch online connection and twitch connection went down. I was able to watch youtube videos, surf the web, you name it. I couldn't even pull up twitch on my mobile phone.

    My question is, how is possible? How did I specifically lose access to the two online services I was using, at the exact same time, and nothing else? I have streamed many times before, and had no problems. The only difference between this stream and streams prior, was for the first time, my pc was connected to the internet via an ethernet cord as opposed to wifi.

    Genuinely at a loss. My friend suggested maybe my ISP throttled me for the first time, as hooking up via the ethernet port possibly allowed me to have more data being uploaded than before, and potentially I hit a cap? I'm a bit unfamiliar with this field. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/blain185
    [link] [comments]

    My Pixel 3a ceased working entirely and Google tells me to send it in for replacement (i.e. without my ability to a do a factory reset myself) - should I be worried about my personal infos?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Question in title. Thanks everybody!

    submitted by /u/Ihuarraquax__
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer gaming between countries.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    I used to play Minecraft in multiplayer mode with a friend on our phones over a WiFi hotspot connection. But he shifted to another country. How can I get the same kind of local lan multiplayer connection between our phones?

    submitted by /u/lethal_bacon_
    [link] [comments]

    Video Chat like Omegle - but only for a set group of friends?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a video call program such as omegle or chatroullette, but there is a control group of people - not randoms.

    For context, we have a group of 70+ people in a community that would like to stay connected during isolation, and would love to be able to send a link to everyone, and you are paired with one other person for a set amount of time, and then moved on to another person.

    Does any such application exist? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Harpska
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app to convert my audio files to video with suitable photos and animations?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I have some audio files (somewhat like a podcast) and I would like to convert them to video files and put suitable photos which I take from the net with very good transitions and at some times insert text of what the audio file is transcribing. Kind of like the videos that Verge Science, Vox, etc. makes.

    Is there any user friendly software that can do this? I tried installing DaVinci Resolve but I didn't understand how to use it

    submitted by /u/Aedengeo
    [link] [comments]

    [UPDATE] Laptop IC power damage and they're gonna charge me around $70 for 50:50 chance. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    Was my phone number cloned? Really odd thing happened

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    For reference, if it makes a difference, I have an iPhone and I'm in the US.

    I recently got a phone call from an out of state number but missed the call, no message left & I'm a Realtor in Las Vegas & I get a lot of out of state calls so this is normal, and when I called it back it just kept disconnecting.

    Later that night I got a call back from the number and immediately answered to see WTF was going on and it was another Realtor here in town and she said she got a call from me, but I never called her. We talked for a few and realized the number she got the call from and the number I got the call from were the SAME number, and then I said you're call is showing up as XYZ number (the one that I had missed the call from) and she said that isn't her number and gave me her real number.

    I asked her to call me back at the "fake" number she was calling from and I was going to send it to voicemail and then I would call her back.

    It went to MY voicemail. I had 5 other people try and it still went to MY voicemail.

    Can anyone tell me what happened here? And what should I do? And is this the right place to ask about this?

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/DangerWife
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me find a COX compatible modem, the last one we've been using is some Motorola one from the late-90's to the early-2000's

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    A friend told me that despite our router upgrade (WRT54G to WRT1900AC), the reason our internet is acting up so much is because our modem is old and bad. The problem is I have no idea how to pick a good modem at all and I want to make sure to get a good one so we can get the full value of what we're paying for our internet as opposed to our current average of 8down/1up.

    submitted by /u/dc295
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway I can make my computer run better

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    I have a Acer Aspire Z1-621G, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz 1.83 GHz 4GB Ram All in 1 (Monitor computer and tablet)

    Systems are used to boost my computers Mcafee, Driver Booster,and CCleaner

    When I turn on the computer, I have to wait for it to warm up until it becomes tolerable. I don't try to make it do anything crazy, I only use it for school and YouTube.

    But it's so annoying typing in the URL and waiting for the computer to realize what I did. The computer is only a couple years old and it's market price was around $1000 so I'm confused of why it sucks. I try to look for a review on YouTube, to see what the performance should be meeting but it's like no one specifically reviewed this computer.

    The only reason why I'm asking for help is because I'm getting into editing and I don't want this computer testing my patience again. Like should I even attempt?

    submitted by /u/Rocky_Bump
    [link] [comments]

    Integrating camera with existing microphone for conference room video meetings?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    We have an existing microphone system we'd like to keep, however we need a camera so that we can do video as well. How well will a webcam integrate with a separate microphone for this purpose? Will most video chat softwares (Zoom, Teams, etc) default to the built in mic on the webcam, or to the external one, or will it pop up an option? Just trying to get an idea before I make any decisions

    submitted by /u/leviseese
    [link] [comments]

    What cord/splitter do I use?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I know what I need I just don't know the exact name of the thing I need to find.

    So I have a set of speakers that use one 3.5mm jack to plug into the audio source. I want a splitter so I can use two different audio sources with one set of speakers.

    This way whatever I am playing on either source would go to the same set of speakers.

    What is it called?

    submitted by /u/comedicmediocrity
    [link] [comments]

    Gtx 1080 sli vs Rtx 2080

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    I know this has been asked, however I'm looking to upgrade my rig and I'm at a loss as when what to get. As it has been on the market for over a year now, I would like to know what you all think to get some ideas as what to get.

    Would it be better to get myself a second 1080, or to get a 2080. I would also throw in a 2080 ti in the discussion.

    submitted by /u/Remp12
    [link] [comments]

    Where do emails go?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    I recently left a company in which we sent/received large email files to each other constantly. So to make it quick and simple my question is if after I logged out of my email for the last time, if someone sends me a file and they delete it where does it go? At first I thought cache on a server somewhere but I'm sure this happens enough that it has to be cleared at some point right?

    submitted by /u/yourdonefor
    [link] [comments]

    ISP and Modem Compatibility

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I recently upgraded my internet to a 1gbps plan through Suddenlink. My modem is a TP-Link TC-7610-E with a 343Mbps max download and 143 Mbps max upload. I was hoping that my speed would just go to the maximum of the modem, but every speed test I have run has put my speed around 30mbps whereas it was around 90-100 before. All tests have been done over wifi through my TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band Router, which is 1200 Mbps max. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Saran_Rapper
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi Extender vs. Mesh WiFi Network

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    My wife and I are both having to work from he with all the Covid-19 situation going on and it's starting to strain out network. We have 2 areas where we work, the kitchen and our front bedroom. Since our router is near our kitchen, that obviously gets the best signal but that also leaves the front bedroom with spotty coverage. We end up trading every couple of days so the other can actually get stuff done.

    To fix this, I started looking into WiFi extenders to reach the front bedroom better. However, a coworker of mine recommended a mesh WiFi network (Eero) is a better long term solution and would give better coverage overall.

    Our house is about 1800 sq ft, which is mostly covered, so I only need coverage for a couple 100 sq ft at most.

    Which would be the better option?

    submitted by /u/bluthco
    [link] [comments]

    ATI graphics cards: is it normal for them to run blisteringly hot?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook PC from roughly late 2007 early 2008. A friend gave it to me because he didn't want it anymore. Came with Windows XP Home Edition, now runs Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. Originally, the CPU was an Intel Core Duo T2050, but now has an Intel Core 2 Duo T7200. Upgraded to 3 GB of RAM from the stock 1 GB. The main part in question is the GPU: the ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. It. runs. HOT. Last time I measured, it was around 76-85 degrees Celsius. That was right before I changed the thermal paste to Arctic MX-4. Now it runs much cooler, around 65-73 degrees C, but ramps up to around 75 again during Windows Updates. Idle temperatures around 60 degrees. Is this supposed to be normal?

    Before, I had a Dell Latitude D620 with identical specs, but with the Intel GMA graphics. That ran so cool the fan hardly ever kicked on.

    Note: This isn't my main computer. I use a Dell Inspiron 3252 small desktop for everyday tasks. I just like to keep the Inspiron 6400 as a nostalgia laptop.

    EDIT1: I remembered incorrectly. Currently have the Inspiron 6400 on, typing from it. Speedfan says highest temp is 66 degrees Celsius. Temps range from 50 on the hard drive to 66 on core 1. Performance is fine and fast, and that's with Windows Update currently installing updates.

    submitted by /u/Moonwalker2005
    [link] [comments]

    Video Conferencing Problem: Is it hardware, software, the connection speed, the connection stability, or a systemic issue (i.e. bandwidth issue in general for the platform)? TIA!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    So I have recently needed to start working from home (like many). My job relies on my ability to respond in the moment to body language and what is said. Not being able to do so is impacting my ability to do my job effectively and provide appropriate services. I've had issues for several days with the video and/or audio lagging or disconnecting when using Zoom (I have to use this platform).

    I've reset my modem/router as well as the gateway, but the problem persists. A quick speed test indicates my DL speeds are between 15-20% of max speed promised with my plan (i.e. I'm getting 15-40 Mbps when I'm paying for up to 200). How can I fix this so that my audio and video work more consistently? I can look at my router/modem and post what I can about the hardware I'm using if it's helpful. I just want to know if I need to get an upgrade (or if it'd be a waste of money) or if a new modem/router would be more helpful or maybe some back-end software setting that's messing everything up. Thanks to anyone who can provide insight/help!

    Edit: Unfortunately I'm at a very small company and I am one of the most tech-savvy people there, so I don't have an IT department or anyone I can consult with.

    submitted by /u/Sungillee33
    [link] [comments]

    phone won't connect to wifi after changing the wifi password

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    ye, title.

    I've had issues with my wifi in the past few days(phone would disconnect every 5 or so minutes and then reconnect) . I had to change my wifi password and now my phone on't reconnect.

    Every other device has no issue connecting to wifi.

    my phone can connect to other wifi networks just not mine

    submitted by /u/cheet98
    [link] [comments]

    Random blue screen with different stop codes each time.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    So far it has happened 3 times randomly. I didn't screen grab the first one but was able to take a photo of the two that followed. What could be causing these errors?

    The stop codes I've encountered

    ntfs.sys

    kernal_security_check_failure

    page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

    photos of blue screen message

    submitted by /u/MindSplit
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help with a VPN for working from home.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble helping my BF set up his VPN for working from home. His work machine is a PC and can't be brought home. So, IT set up the Sophos/Tunnelblick VPN on our personal Mac Book Pro (Running 10.13.2). However, when we connect using tunnelblick, it says we are connected and his files/programs/desktop is no where to be found. Are we missing something? They said ok you're good to go and then hung up the phone.

    submitted by /u/Polishwiz14
    [link] [comments]

    Audio in Google Slides

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am working on a group presentation where we voiced over slides on a google slideshow. Now each of us has to request permission to hear the audio and I am hoping someone can tell me how to open the audio for everyone to hear it.

    Thank you for helping me

    submitted by /u/JTGrings1776
    [link] [comments]

    Domain controller certificates

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I am not that computer literate so I apologize for sounding dumb. If there is a domain controller in place with a certificate and other servers connected to it does that mean that those certificates encrypt the data in the other server which is not the domain controller? The domain controller has an API encryption method I believe. It is set up where one password from one workstation can access the features/apps one is allowed to view on the servers available.

    submitted by /u/wowowwewa316
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to watch CBC Gem or Crave on a dumb TV?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    I have a Roku, a PVR, a desktop PC, and access to an Apple laptop. The Roku doesn't seem to have either app on it. I doubt my PVR has the option. Connecting a PC to the TV is NOT an option because: A) while I'm perfectly fine using a device other than a tv to stream shows an movies, the people I'd be streaming for aren't. B) at least one of the people I'd be using the dumb TV to stream said apps is strongly against the idea. While I could theoretically use the laptop, I'm not sure how it works, and I'd rather not take the laptop away from the owner

    I'd much rather not buy anything to stream the apps.

    I also have a Xbox 360 and PS3 but I doubt those can help; particularly the 360 as I've peobably checked already. I haven't jumped to current gen.

    submitted by /u/derpa_games
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment