• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Tech Support - When a video (ex. on YouTube) gets stuck loading ‘infinitely’, what’s usually happening on the client or server side?

    Tech Support - When a video (ex. on YouTube) gets stuck loading ‘infinitely’, what’s usually happening on the client or server side?


    When a video (ex. on YouTube) gets stuck loading ‘infinitely’, what’s usually happening on the client or server side?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 03:32 PM PST

    OLED vs Super AMOLED - Is it normal for OLED Mobile phone screens to go black from a break?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:47 AM PST

    I have a Samsung S5 it's screen is cracked fairly bad, it is specs as Super AMOLED.

    I work in an area where I see a couple of mobile phones a day and some look like a shattered car windscreen and still work.

    My partner got a Huawei P20 pro, it is specs as OLED and when it got dropped it got a crack and the screen went black, The touch was still there and calls can be answered by swiping in the right place, it's just black.

    We got the screen changed and a few weeks later, sigh, cracked black screen again.

    So does anyone know, is that just how OLED screens work (or break) or is it a Huawei problem or we have bad luck.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Your-Methadone-Fuel
    [link] [comments]

    Using Graphics card along with Integrated graphics together?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:50 AM PST

    Hey Guys I was wondering if it was possible to use a RTX or any graphics card along with the integrated graphics card that comes with the computer on the same monitor and game. Ex running red dead with 8 gigs of vid memory from the rtx along with 4g from the integrated card to make 12 gigs of video memory? I believe you can use two rtx cards if you use SLI but is there a way to do something similar with rtx and intel integrated graphics? Any responses would be appreciated. I googled it but the answers kept mentioning a second monitor rather than me using it on just one monitor. Side note: I could use the rtx on one monitor and the integrated graphics on the second monitor right?

    submitted by /u/Yo_Jollyllama
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to reapply thermal paste when I am moving all my components to a different Computer tower without taking off my heatsink?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 01:16 AM PST

    Another question, should I take my heatsink off when I move my parts? Are there any hazards to just moving my whole motherboard without taking my gpu/heatsink off?

    I have been building Computers my whole life but I have never switched my parts to a different tower before. I was going to just clean my processor and reapply my thermal paste but I figured I would ask here first. The thermal paste isn't old, I built the pc like 4 months ago.

    submitted by /u/Xesxxsex
    [link] [comments]

    From a technical standpoint what's stops handphones from using wifi as opposed to BT?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:54 AM PST

    Wireless headphones, including modern ones rely on bluetooth to transfer audio, the issue being its impossible for the audio to truly be lossless due to the poor transfer rate of BT.

    My question is bluetooth and wifi are effectively the same technology, the different being is wifi is designed for the internet as opposed to extremely short range transmissions.

    But in reality is the chip physically different? Or is bluetooth and wifi chips often bundled together.

    And furthermore, why don't headphones manufacturers, especially premium headphones like Bose and nuraphones use wifi instead?

    At least then your range will be longer and you should be able to get lossless level audio as there's no limit when transferring?

    Is there something am missing?

    submitted by /u/higgins4u2nv
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to connect the two speakers to the stereo?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:45 AM PST

    hey, So I recently bought this stereo. But when testing it I realised I could only connect one of the speakers at a time to the output. Can anyone help me figure out a way to fix it so that I can connect both speakers at a time? here is a picture of the situation

    submitted by /u/E-for-Exile
    [link] [comments]

    Pro Display XDR Compatibility

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 01:35 PM PST

    Hello, so I was wondering if there is any way I could connect my new Pro Display XDR to my Xbox One X or in the future, the Xbox Series X? I'm unaware if Xbox is even capable of supporting thunderbolt 3 so any answer to this would be great!

    submitted by /u/unggoyminor
    [link] [comments]

    Is Samsung galaxy a50 worth it?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    HDMI ports I have ran out please help!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:49 AM PST

    I have a TV with 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI (DVI) and 1 HDMI (STB).

    I have a Yamaha receiver that I use for 5.1 surround sound with 1 HDMI output and 4 HDMI inputs.

    Right now I have my TV going from the HDMI (STB) input to the receiver HDMI output.

    I have an Apple TV, PS3, PS4 and Wii U that are currently using all 4 of the HDMI inputs on the surround sound receiver. They all work great.

    I just bought a Nintendo switch. I want to keep the surround sound for all my devices but how do I add another HDMI console to my receiver since I am out of HDMI ports?

    What do I need and how would I hook that up?

    submitted by /u/Sweaty-Confidence
    [link] [comments]

    My internet disconnects every 15mins

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:02 AM PST

    Just like the title says, my internet disconnected every 15 minuted for about 10-20 seconds and I have no idea what to do about it, i tried googling it but i didnt understand anything anyone was saying

    submitted by /u/Alan_Wake25
    [link] [comments]

    Private Streaming for Videos

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:02 AM PST

    I'm looking for a website I can upload copyrighted videos. The only ones that can view the videos are the people I share the link with. I attempted to use YouTube and making my videos Private but the videos were still flagged for Copyright infringement.

    submitted by /u/JDizzle2010
    [link] [comments]

    App that puts people in order?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:18 AM PST

    For an oral exam, everyone taking it either wants to go first or last (personally I want to go second).

    Is there an app or website where we can put in our names & order preference (like these ten people want to go first, these ten people want to go last, etc), and have it make a list?

    Our current system (none) creates a lot of animosity that I would like to reduce. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/hipposandwich
    [link] [comments]

    USB 3.0 port only recognising 2.0 devices

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:21 AM PST

    My computer has a usb 3.0 port. However it only recognised 2.0 devices. I have checked usb device tree viewer and it says this 3.0 port is in a generic 2.0 hub with 5 other usb 2.0 ports. Could this be the reason its not working with 3.0 devices?

    submitted by /u/bigbadgingerboy
    [link] [comments]

    Help: Connect wireless to Samsung Smart TV from Windows 10, black screen with mouse cursor

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    Hey guys please help, I'm trying to connect wirelessly from my Windows 10 Desktop to my Samsung Smart TV. It has Miracast functionality built in.

    I can select "connect wirelessly' from my PC and select the Samsung TV. My PC says I'm connected, and it seems to connect, but on the Samsung Smart TV it displays just a black screen with the white mouse cursor moving around. No sound works either. Windows is updated and my TV is updated.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/Rapturos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment