• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 21, 2019

    Tech Support - Any windows podcast app that lets you tag/note/bookmark sections of the podcast?

    Tech Support - Any windows podcast app that lets you tag/note/bookmark sections of the podcast?


    Any windows podcast app that lets you tag/note/bookmark sections of the podcast?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    E.g. In a certain podcast @ 35:22 i'd like to make a note/tag/bookmark

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    gaming laptop specs (lamborghini vx7)

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 02:39 AM PST

    Hi, I am completely newbie to pc specs and was wondering whether this laptop is still good for modern games. I've been playing fortnite but run on 60 fps with constant fps spikes on all low settings and the lowest 3d res. Here are the specs:

    CPU 2.6-GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM
    RAM16GB
    Video Memory 3GB
    Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M
    Hard Drive Speed 7,200rpm
    Optical Drive Speed 8X

    Are there any tips to improve fps too?

    submitted by /u/johnpha
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen on Asrock B450m mobo

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 08:03 PM PST

    I've put a new PC together and can't do anything with it. I have the video connected via HDMI to my GPU, which results in the black screen. Can't get to BIOS, can't boot anything 98% of the time, nothing. Upon starting the PC, it boots to the Asrock logo and tells me to press F2 or DEL to get to UEFI, F11 for BIOS, all that jazz. Only, it vanishes after a couple of seconds with nothing but a single cursor line on the center of the screen for an instant. Pressing keys does nothing. Usually it just permanently stays on a black screen, but occasionally the initial Asrock screen with the button prompts will show up for a few seconds.

    Now, twice I was able to get into a sort of Asrock tweaker screen that allowed me to change a few options, but getting into this is completely random. But the menus and everything respond to my button inputs. Upon exiting this, it returns to the usual black screen behavior. On another two occasions, it happened to boot from both the USB boot drive I put in and the SSD I have in it. I have started the PC dozens of times, however and cannot find a way to make it do any of these things. They just happen.

    Tldr: boots up, shows splash screen, vanishes, cursor blinks for a second and then black screen almost all the time. I've tried seating just one stick of RAM, tried swapping RAM sticks, tried with and without the USB boot drive and SSD hooked up. The first time I got to the tweaker screen was without either, the second time both were plugged in. I've got no idea how to fix this. But it's clear that it detects input and is capable of reading both my USB drive and my SSD to some extent. Here are my specs:

    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
    Asrock 5700 xt challenger

    8 GB G. Skill DDR 4

    EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze PSU

    and the offending motherboard is the Asrock B450m HDV R 4.0

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/AsherFischell
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless headphone for a person deaf in the right ear?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 09:05 AM PST

    My father is deaf in his right ear, hearing in his left. Can anyone suggest a wireless headphone that would work well for him? Ideally something he can use while working out and walking.

    It's ok if the headphones broadcast to both ears, but he needs the complete audio into the left ear, as opposed to some headphones that broadcast in stereo.

    Bose has a pair that broadcasts the entire sound to the right ear, but not the left.

    Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

    submitted by /u/bri35
    [link] [comments]

    Help with internet security (weird question)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 06:57 PM PST

    Ok, so, imagine the following situation: Some stranger eavesdropped your password to something on the internet (an account related to something, in my case it was a game called Transformice) and then this person logs into your account from their computer, obviously without proper permission. Can this person extract the email used it on the account, hack it, or even trace it back to you, for instance, recently computers that had this email account logged into? Or even use the email tracing and hack into your wi-fi network?

    Sorry for the absurd question but I am getting paranoid about it (I also tried Quora before reddit but you are unable to post a large question there).

    I will be deeply grateful if someone helps me.

    submitted by /u/sparkissn
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI or Type-C Splitters?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:39 PM PST

    If I had two monitors (both HDMI Compatible), and one HDMI source (laptop), is there a way to extend to all three screens? Can it be done with just the HDMI port? Or does it need to be through type-C ports.

    HDMI -> Two Monitors + Laptop Screen

    or

    Type-C -> Two Monitors + Laptop Screen

    submitted by /u/dragcov
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for a sound clip that says "Garage Door is Open"

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:38 PM PST

    Any suggestions where to find it?

    submitted by /u/_0x0_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to clone my OS to an internal SSD?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 03:12 PM PST

    If I were to buy a new SSD (which is mounted to the motherboard), could I clone my OS to it? Is there some sort of USB converter?

    submitted by /u/Communazi66
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to use a graphics card as an adapter from HDMI to display port?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 01:14 PM PST

    I'm not sure if my questions is clear enough but I'm wondering if I could run a hdmi from my nvidia shield > graphics card > display port > my monitor? I'm doing this as my monitor does not have a hdmi port. Thanks in advance and I will clear anything up if needs be.

    Edit: I understand that the ports on the back of my graphics card are mostly likely output only, I'm asking just in case.

    submitted by /u/hell0_I_am
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect one audio source (my PC) to multiple outputs (headphones, pc speakers, hi-fi system)?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Hey, I want to connect all of those things using my 3.5mm jack port on the back panel of my pc (I have one on the front panel too but I want to avoid having anything plugged in there, I broke one of my cables once by hitting it accidentally :/).

    I've been thinking of getting a simple jack splitter but I'm worried that having three devices connected simultaneously may affect the sound volume/quality. Anyway, I don't use more than one of those outputs at the same time so that shouldn't be an issue maybe?

    Currently, I just plug out and in cable to my jack extender when I want to switch outputs but I'm worried it may wear down my cables quicker.

    submitted by /u/t8lt0wOEij
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:52 AM PST

    I got a pop up message from a anti-virus scanner called segurazo, when I searched it on google the only thing I got is tutorials on how to delete it. What is the matter with Segurazo?

    submitted by /u/SomewhereInADesert
    [link] [comments]

    [Win7] Copying an old drive with installed programs to new drive

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:40 AM PST

    Copying the contents of an old, failing drive to a new one. Old one has installed programs (Steam and games, mainly, NOT Windows itself). Will copying and then swapping drive letters result in everything breaking or will installed programs not be able to tell the difference?

    EDIT: It SEEMS to be working. Steam ran with no problem and I can run games. My media players also work and found everything. Both Steam and my players were on D: rather than C:. Thanks for the reassurance. :p

    (Sadly, no internet at home, so I can't just reinstall Steam and such and download)

    submitted by /u/JDGumby
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a Nintendo Switch or AirPod Pros?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:18 AM PST

    I would like to treat myself this holliday season. I'm considering getting one of these two devices abut they both have pros and cons. I love video games, but I'm worried the Switch will become a dust collector as I find myself having less time for video games as I get older. However, I think it would at the very least be a good way to bond with friends and family with games like Mario Kart. As for the AirPod Pros, I constantly have headphones on but I use $15 wireless headphones I got on Amazon. I'm an Apple user and I'm thinking it's time to get something better since I'd use them daily. But then again, they are $250 earbuds. What would you do?

    submitted by /u/Zwolfer
    [link] [comments]

    Im sort of new to computer building, any advice on this build?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:16 AM PST

    g drive mobile PRO ssd vs samsung x5 ssd

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:06 AM PST

    So for a 1TB fusion 2019 27in iMac, which 500gb option will serve best as the always plugged in external ssd from which i boot my OS from?

    anyone with experiences with both and have an input? anyone using either of these?

    submitted by /u/clampearl
    [link] [comments]

    Ubuntu install question

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 08:25 AM PST

    I'm trying to install ubuntu OS alongside my windows on my harddrive. I've shrunk the C: drive and followed ubuntu's install instructions but the installer doesn't recognize the free space. Do i have to format the free space to a certain type or allocate the free space manually before starting the installation? I'm not super computer savvy but i'm trying to learn. Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/___Aum___
    [link] [comments]

    Pc Speed

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Why does my prebuilt gaming pc take so long to load compared to my schools pc. I am not joking when i say this but my schools pc are about 10 years old and dusty as shit but when you log in and click on chrome it instantly does it but for my pc it takes 2 minutes to start up and takes 1 minute to load up a browser

    submitted by /u/somm3st
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment