• Breaking News

    Friday, December 20, 2019

    Tech Support - I Can't enter to bios after M.2 ssd upgrade

    Tech Support - I Can't enter to bios after M.2 ssd upgrade


    I Can't enter to bios after M.2 ssd upgrade

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    I upgrade my M.2 ssd but this pc stuck in bios loading screen. Why ?

    submitted by /u/zhatayoglu
    [link] [comments]

    Opening an ancient video file type: *.tmi

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:18 PM PST

    I have several old videos I found on a hard drive that are in the *.tmi format. These were originally viewable on a client called Thinviewer I can't find anywhere. Does anyone have a clue how to access them?

    submitted by /u/Murica4Eva
    [link] [comments]

    Would a fibre-optic cable take a year to transfer 1 bit of data over 9.46 trillion km?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:43 AM PST

    Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct sub-reddit to ask this but worth a try. If not please suggest me the correct sub-reddit, Thanks.

    So I was reading about fibre-optics, and the speeds of data transfer, and I came across this video from techquickie, which said that fibre-optics cable MAREA can transfer data at speeds upto terabytes per seconds, I was wondering, since fibre-optics is based on light and wavelength,

    "Would it take 1 year to transfer even 1 bit of data over 9.46 trillion km? Considering that a fibre-optic cable that is 9.46 trillion km long is made(in theory) and data is transferred through the cable, would it take 1 whole year, for the data to transfer from one end to another?(in theory that is)?"

    TLDR; A fibre optic cable that is 9.46 trillion km, would transfer 1 bit of data in how much time? A year?

    submitted by /u/3amthings
    [link] [comments]

    How hard is it to download a Google drive video with disabled downloading?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:00 PM PST

    I need to know how secure my video will be on google drive if I disable downloading. How hard is it to circumvent that ban? I really don't want people to download this film.

    submitted by /u/deusfortitudomea
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C or USB 3?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 01:23 AM PST

    Hey, I have a Sandisk extreme pro micro sd card and was wondering if it would be quicker to transfer files to my computer using a usb C adapter rather than a usb 3? Or whether the USB 3 would handle the write speed of the card with no issues anyway?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/hashtag27
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing-screen Malware and Seizures

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:43 AM PST

    My children have a talent for finding every cursor-hijacking, flashing-screen, no-reset bit of code on the whole internet. This is mostly just annoying, unless you happen to get seizures. I currently have a G7 15 paperweight.

    Ideally, I would be able to stick a USB in whatever they've infected and have it reset to boring productivity software for school but WITHOUT having to interact with the display.

    Maybe some of the benevolent hackers can make an override that forces the display into seizure-safe mode?

    The option of paying $100+ for someone to retrieve an essay on the industrial revolution, because the current technology sometimes attacks you, produces a special kind of parental angst.

    submitted by /u/I_Want_A_New_Life_
    [link] [comments]

    For getting a coding related job in 2020 what would you recommend?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:15 AM PST

    First of all different languages have different purposes and virtues, and consequently, there is no language which is superior to another

    I am trying to choose from

    - Python
    - PHP
    - Java

    Please help me choose.

    When I type in those languages on employment websites, I do see a higher number of results for Python. A quick search gave me 5465 results for Python, 5395 results for Java, and 1845 results for PHP

    submitted by /u/cutemagicdelight
    [link] [comments]

    Is my phone just too old?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 04:12 PM PST

    I bought my current phone a little over 3 years ago. It has always and still works very well except for one thing: it always says my storage is full. At first (months ago) the notification disappeared after clearing cache but now it just stays because even after clearing there's still only max 3% free.

    I've tried everything. I've deleted all memes and downloads. I only have 48 pics. Literally nothing else, for example videos, audio or archives. Next to the apps I can't delete I only have reddit, spotify, facebook and WPS because it can't handle more than that. Is my phone just getting too old?

    submitted by /u/JimmySaulGene
    [link] [comments]

    Any risks to leaving my portable phone charger in the glovebox?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:45 AM PST

    I have a little 10k mAH Anker brand portable charger I keep in the car just in case of emergency or I'm going somewhere boring with a low phone charge. Temperature around here gets as low as 0°F and as high as maybe 110°F on a bad day.

    Anything I should be concerned about, or should it be fine?

    submitted by /u/Scipio_Wright
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to determine electronically if a laser point hits a 2 inch square. Large ldr?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 04:31 PM PST

    I want to determine/detect when a laser pointer hits an area of about 2-4 inches square. I want to do this electronically and not visually. I image a light detect resistor would work but most are very small. I just wanted a sheet or pad of some kind but do not know the exact terms or item to look up on the web.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/progressivelemur
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop displays games at a 1:1 pixel ratio instead of stretching

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:00 AM PST

    Hey reddit, happy holidays!

    I grabbed a new laptop (lenovo ideapad 530S), and wanted to game a bit on it. Since it's not really a gaming laptop I decided to play older games or even emulate a few of my personal favorites.

    When I boot a game at, let's say, HD resolution (1280x720), to my surprise, it was in the correct resolution but not stretched to fit the entire screen. This is a illustration of what I mean: this

    What is causing this, and can it be resolved? Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/NUGAz
    [link] [comments]

    Mystery Device

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

    1000 Whose Line is it Anyways points and/or an upvote to anyone who can identify this. My best guess is a key fob chip and battery. It was found in a parking lot where I work asked around and nobody could recognize it (nor were they missing keys)

    submitted by /u/JakerinoButts
    [link] [comments]

    How to charge my UK device in USA

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:22 AM PST

    I just spent a few weeks in the US and am returning in January for about a year. I have a hair trimmer that I bought in the UK with rechargeable batteries but in the US it didn't charge at all - even the LED that should show it's charging was really faint. I'm assuming this is to do with 240V in UK vs 120V in US - I just used a simple UK/US travel converter.

    So my question is how can I charge the trimmer in the US? I have read about step up transformers but am very confused as they look like massive, quite expensive boxes. Could I try to find a US charging cable or would that not work?

    The charging plug says: Input 220-240V 50/60Hz 200mA; Output 3.2V 1500mA

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/potentialexpat19
    [link] [comments]

    Can I transfer my youtube subscriptions to a different email?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:25 AM PST

    I have all of my youtube data and subscriptions tied to an email that shows my actual name. I have tried to change it to show a name like "King Midas" in the past but then everyone sending me real business emails sees me as "King Midas" and not my real name. I would like to be able to pick an alias while on youtube or move all of my subscriptions, search patterns etc to a new account.

    submitted by /u/I_Am_King_Midas
    [link] [comments]

    Need a phone recommendation

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:52 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 5. I have managed to avoid updates thus far, but it finally forced me to and is now has phone cancer and is slowly dying. I will need a new phone sometime in the near future. I don't know much about tech and do not keep up on the newest products, so I need your help.

    Here are my preferences:

    Not from Apple

    Not a gigantic phone that won't fit in my pockets

    Minimal risk of planned obsolescence if possible

    Not too many bells and whistles (I try to not spend too much time on my phone, but I like being able to access Google Maps and the internet if I need to).

    submitted by /u/myotisadversus
    [link] [comments]

    Why do HUAWEI phones always have Wi-Fi issues other phones don't?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:51 AM PST

    I like huawei, they're the only phones I don't keep breaking. But I always turn back to another brand because the Wi-Fi is just awful.

    I use public networks with a provider log-in and on other phones it works fine for hours on end before I need to reset or whatever, but on huawei it needs to roughly every 2 minutes, 10 if I'm lucky.

    I know they work on EMUI, guessing that's somekind of terminal overlay to the android system. But neither leads to answers in an internet search. A lot of people have Wi-Fi issues with these phones, but no-one ever asks about the underlying problem. Also, the router fixes people propose don't help me, 'cause I can't access the ones I connect to.

    Someone here intrigued enough to help me figure this out? I'm at a dead end.

    submitted by /u/Wolf_284
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment