• Breaking News

    Friday, January 22, 2021

    Tech Support - Microphone that records the widest range of frequency

    Tech Support - Microphone that records the widest range of frequency


    Microphone that records the widest range of frequency

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:35 AM PST

    I have a co-worker that is a paranomal investigrator and he asked me if I could find a microphone that records under 20hz (beyond what the human ear can hear) which I told him that is an infrasound microphone but I don't think it would work for what he wants because how would he hear it if it recorded in frequencies the human ear can't hear.

    So I countered with I'll try to find a microphone that records the widest range of frequencies. He did a recording where he heard something and he wants to go back with a better frequency rage.

    Can anyone help? I'm a audio for video guy which is voice range recording I'm outside of my expertise when it gets to ambient noises and frequencies not commonly heard. This isn't my type of thing but I do want to help a coworker I respect. TIA

    submitted by /u/volatileutopia
    [link] [comments]

    A Question About Reactionary AI in Game design.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:41 PM PST

    So my boyfriend and his dad have been playing the game blasphemous the past few days, and I was wondering if would be possible for the boss AI (blasphemous is a 2d platformer/metroidvania with a very dark souls vibe) to detect when a player is exploiting a weakness in it's patterning, and then cover that weakness? It would make boss AI for these types of "beat you into reality" style games incredibly flexible and intruiging!

    submitted by /u/jdkjpels
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS Q325UA Battery

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 03:15 AM PST

    Hey Redditors! I'm looking for a replacement battery for my ASUS Q325UA laptop. Spent two days and have exhausted all of my usual avenues.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Cheers, Brian

    submitted by /u/med8cal
    [link] [comments]

    TKL 2.4 Wireless keyboard

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:17 PM PST

    I have searched up and down looking for a decent TKL keyboard (if that's the right description, everything but the number pad). My hope is for one that is wireless with a USB dongle, not through Bluetooth. I'm in Canada, does anyone know a good store or website with options, if such product exists?

    submitted by /u/brokenbryan
    [link] [comments]

    Disable laptop keyboard

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:50 AM PST

    so every tutorial relies on uninstalling the keyboard drivers from the device manager but when I do it and uninstall the drivers the keyboard still works?

    submitted by /u/Haze_Storm
    [link] [comments]

    question about USB design

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:50 PM PST

    Hello everyone, i just got a flash drive without this metal case around the USB contacts and i noticed that i put it in upside down in my pc. This makes me thinking about a 2-way usable USB stick if tjer are contacts on both sides. I am pretty sure thats possible but i never seen such a flash drive. Can i buy them somewhere, is that a specific denomination or isnt that possibe? greetings :)

    submitted by /u/nmep
    [link] [comments]

    Any media player that can play 4K video on a 1080p display?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:27 PM PST

    I have an HP Pavilion G series notebook, and whenever I play a 4K video on any media player I've used, the video lags, jitters, and ultimately doesn't play properly; I wanted to know if there's any way around this, or if my only option is to upgrade my laptop?

    It's essentially the same with streaming video on Youtube. Although, it is marginally better there than it is playing a 4K video on something like VLC or GOM.

    submitted by /u/RichieJ86
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know of any open anonymous proxies?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:45 AM PST

    As one that plainly show there a proxy serve to who ever tries to find an IP. And not a normal server (Hides that there a proxy).

    submitted by /u/GoodBlob
    [link] [comments]

    Large Word File

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:06 AM PST

    Hi! I'm hoping for some words of wisdom here....

    I'm working on a large Word file for a work assignment. It's approximately 650 pages long, with sections, subsections etc and a table of contents with hyperlinks.

    A number of my colleagues were tasked with updating various sections of this file, which I have received by email. I now need to insert their updated sections in the master document.

    The problem is however that every single operation I undertake (in MS Word for Mac) results in the 'loading' icon on my MacBook. I'm starting to think what I have to do isn't feasible.

    I'm using a 2014 MacBook Air 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 with 8GB Ram. Is my computer ill equipped to deal with a word document of this size?

    submitted by /u/RightTool24
    [link] [comments]

    Can I unplug my Ethernet cable in between devices ?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    So I never used a Ethernet cable I just know it will make your device have better internet so I have a a tv box that needs a Ethernet cable so I bought one but I'm wondering if I'm not using it on my tv box can I unplug it from the back and connect it to my ps4 or do I just buy two Ethernet cable thank you

    submitted by /u/Toronto_Scrub
    [link] [comments]

    Which is more Vulnerable Flat or Round

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:55 PM PST

    Between the two types of cable for headphones which is more vulnerable because all my flat wired headpones only work in 1 ear while all my round ones are staying strong

    submitted by /u/ILikePinaColadas420
    [link] [comments]

    good offline lists notes android app to try - so you can always add and get to them

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:25 PM PST

    so you can always add and get to them

    nothing grid style, nothing really bad like g keep that has grid style

    android

    submitted by /u/doingbasiclifeprep
    [link] [comments]

    How to make my mouse stop moving horizontally/vertically

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:02 PM PST

    Sometimes I would like to, using a shortcut or something, make my mouse unable to move horizontally or vertically. Is that possible? How?

    Thanks for any answer! Have a nice day :)

    submitted by /u/Vidramir
    [link] [comments]

    what is trogan horse?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:01 PM PST

    What is trogan horse

    📷
    A Trojan horse or Trojan is a type of malware that is often disguised as legitimate software. Trojans can be employed

    to read more visit my blog=click here

    submitted by /u/Techysmith
    [link] [comments]

    Wall-Mounted Touch Screen Possibilities

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:02 PM PST

    So I've been skimming through a few tech retailers (Best Buy, Newegg, etc.) looking for possible solutions to an idea I had. However, I'm not finding very many solutions below the 500 USD mark, let alone within my 200 USD budget.

    I'd really like to mimic the old days when families used to leave notes on the refrigerator for each other or important documents, etc. However, I'd like to do this digitally by mounting something with a touch screen to a wall in the kitchen. Ideally it would be a more convenient way to keep a family calendar always visible, edit shopping lists and maybe even show a recipe, etc.

    My needs here are very simple. I just want to have a shared Google calendar visible on the screen with the ability to "swipe" over to other information, such as a shared browser tab, shared application, etc.

    I had 2 ideas on how to handle this:

    1. Purchase an all-in-one computer and mount it
    2. Use Firefox tab sharing or Chromecast in some way (maybe with a touch-screen monitor?)

    Because this is an attempt to "modernize" the process, I'm ideally looking for device suggestions that are thin, light, and possibly do not leave cables hanging down the wall. Does anyone know of some really simple "dumb" devices, almost like thin clients or the old "dumb terminals" that have very narrow functionality but also a touch screen?

    Thanks in advance.

    Side note: I also considered a tablet with a wall mount, however the screen size and the cost don't seem very efficient. I'm really looking for the most cost-effective solution that is still easily visible from across the kitchen.

    submitted by /u/PaddyValdyr
    [link] [comments]

    I really want to make my own of these little button things in the video in post. What are they and could I reasonably do so without a large investment?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    My phone was calling a completely different number than displayed?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:52 AM PST

    I was trying to call a business through a Google search, the number displayed was correct but it went to the voicemail of someone's iPhone? I kept calling the number confused, I even send a text and got a reply that it wasn't my doctor. The number then blocked me. I'm just confused as to why my calls were randomly going to this persons phone?

    submitted by /u/throwawaycookiesss
    [link] [comments]

    How secure is iCloud?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:18 AM PST

    Hi there,

    I am wondering how secure iCloud is from an encryption standpoint. Main focus being iMessages and Photos. Apple claims that they are encrypted both in-transit and on the server and that they cannot even view the contents. However, if it's in the cloud, they must have the encryption key?

    Any thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/tbgeb
    [link] [comments]

    ad blocker

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:49 AM PST

    I'm trying to find a adblocker but I the ones I've seen look kinda dodgy so I thought I would ask here if anyone knows a good adblocker

    submitted by /u/spiritkeanu
    [link] [comments]

    Most Power Banks don't charge my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G using fast charging

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:37 AM PST

    I have several power banks (some more recently purchased). All of them but my oldest one charges my Samsung Note 20 phone not using fast charging. It works great with my oldest bank, but on all of my newer ones it seems to only use the slower speed charging (which shows to need hours to charge fully). Do I just have the wrong type power banks or is there anything I can do differently to help things work better?

    submitted by /u/ABobby077
    [link] [comments]

    QZ usb not taking input

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I recently bought a QZ hub, I primarily use it to connect my keyboard my laptop and whenever i do not type for a while and suddenly start typing it doesnt register the first few strokes and eduring the middles it just stops taking input and just randomnly spams inputs from the keyboard. Is this an issue with the keyboard?

    submitted by /u/Expensive_Ad_4733
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone put RAM in simple words?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:52 AM PST

    Note: I'm not very computer smart. I'm downloading this mod pack for my friend's Minecraft server and it states it'll take 6gb of RAM. My computer only has 8 GB of ram so should I be hesitant in running this modpack since this modpack takes up like 75% of the ram I have?

    submitted by /u/EatChickFilA
    [link] [comments]

    Why is bluetooth so unreliable on Windows?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Why do most peripheries come with a separate USB dongle to attach to, and why don't most of my bluetooth headsets/microphones work with Windows, when they work seamlessly with my Android phone?

    submitted by /u/KapesMcNapes
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with HP Smart app and paper size

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 06:55 AM PST

    Issue with HP Smart app and paper size

    • Printer Model: HP Deskjet GT 5821

    I have an HP Deskjet GT 5821 which is to be used with the help of two apps: HP Smart and HP Plug in. Whenever I give a command for a printout and insert and A4 size paper in the printer, the printout always comes out of the size 4X6". I have tried to change the paper options that are available during the preview of the document but only one option comes there: 4X6". Next, I changed the paper size from the App Settings to only A4 but it still didn't work. I have tried inserting different GSMs of A4 paper but it still didn't resolve the issue. Moreover, this issue happens only when I give a command from a phone, this does not happen with laptops. This issue has been happening since past 2 months and I have been using this printer for years and have never faced this problem before.

    What to do? Can someone help?

    submitted by /u/Practical-Ad-8595
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment