• Breaking News

    Friday, January 15, 2021

    Tech Support - why is task manager saying im only using 40 % of my internet when im downloading a game

    Tech Support - why is task manager saying im only using 40 % of my internet when im downloading a game


    why is task manager saying im only using 40 % of my internet when im downloading a game

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:27 PM PST

    Opiniones sobre Medion Akoya s15449

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:08 AM PST

    Estoy buscando un portátil que esté bien de precio pero que no sea una patata. He visto este con el último procesador i5 que salió. Y con 8GB de RAM que me gustaría que fueran ampliables... Si alguien me puede dar su opinión en cuanto a ese procesador y si es ampliable la RAM, ya que no soy ningún entendido del tema. Conozco aspectos básicos. (Mi presupuesto es de 650 euros y llevo mirando portátiles 2 semanas...) Gracias. Medion Akoya s15449

    submitted by /u/Ambro237
    [link] [comments]

    Asking for a friend...

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:30 PM PST

    My friend took a provocative picture and attached it to yahoo email. He then went into his photos to delete the picture and there was no pic in his picture library. Where did that pic go and how can he find it and delete it!?

    submitted by /u/deltarig1
    [link] [comments]

    How can I increase the outgoing call volume in my VOIP SIP app?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:22 PM PST

    If I use Voice Recorder in windows, or the streaming software OBS, then I can talk and playback audio that is easily heard. When I use any VOIP SIP software the outgoing call volume is extremely low, as in 1%. You can't hear any voices, but you can hear loud whistling or tapping on the microphone.

    I can't find anything on google. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/verpie36
    [link] [comments]

    Best cold storage?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:53 AM PST

    So I've got a bunch of files i need to keep protected for a long long time in the future. I'm a designer so they're my library that I use to create designs (example: brushes, reference photos, art, designs, research ...) and this library is vital to my work and I need them protected for at least 10 years in the future. I thought about using a large hardrive but I just read that apparently they have a certain lifespan before they breakdown. What would be the best way to store these files for a long time? Maybe a bunch of small USB's?
    PS: The library is over 500 GB and I don't feel comfortable storing them on a storage site like google drive, I need something offline.

    submitted by /u/joethebr0o
    [link] [comments]

    Will my wifi card get damaged if i download for long period of time?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:03 PM PST

    Hello,

    I want to create a local backup of my server (around 25.5TB). I will use my pc to download it. I have the required space and a good 350Mbps internet connection. Even with 350Mbps connection, it will take around 1 week of continuous download to get it done.

    My question is, will continuous download for 1 week damage my wifi card?

    Cooling is not an issue. The computer is in an air conditioned room with temperature around 21 degree C.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/theimposter2000
    [link] [comments]

    Gallery search

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:59 PM PST

    I have a image stored in my android phone I can't seem to find again, I have a screenshot of part of it but would it be possible to do some kind of image search of my files to find the original? And if so how?

    submitted by /u/GorgianBreeze
    [link] [comments]

    Changing the LIGOOBMS app from Chinese to English

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to change the app named LIGOOBMS. It's a battery ratio converter app from china. The whole app language is in Chinese and I would like to change its into English. Please suggest me a way to fix the issues. Thank you so much for all.

    submitted by /u/iannBotPro
    [link] [comments]

    Powerline adapter

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:34 AM PST

    Hi, I was wondering if anybody has any experience with powerline adapters and ethernet switches. I recently ordered and Xbox series X which I want to connect to my router via ethernet as I have spotty wifi in my room. My router is on the ground floor and my room is upstairs, so I currently use a powerline adapter to connect my PC to the router. However I intend to connect my xbox via powerline adapters also, but due to the limited plugs in my room, my only real option is connect the xbox to the the same powerline adapter as my pc currently uses. I was wondering if anybody knows if I would be able to connect an ethernet switch to the powerline adapter in my room, and then connect both my pc and the xbox to the ethernet switch? To clarify, router into powerline 1, xbox and pc into switch, and switch into powerline 2.

    Any help would be massively appreciated

    submitted by /u/FiestaTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Trading iPad 8 for iPad Air

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:36 PM PST

    What is the best way for me to trade in my iPad 8 for the new iPad air? Or would I be better off selling my iPad 8 and then purchasing the air?

    submitted by /u/anonymitysadness
    [link] [comments]

    Should I bother to replace my existing RAID-0 dual-SSD setup with another one, or just go with a single SSD?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Several years ago, I built my computer with two 128GB SSDs, and set them up in a RAID-0 array so they function as a single drive. Plus, files supposedly load almost twice as fast (at least according to some basic research I've done).

    Since then I've replaced every other component in my computer at least once, except those drives. I did a major upgrade a few months ago, and I have a pretty powerful (but not super-powerful) machine right now.

    My problem is that I'm trying to decide between two scenarios:

    1. Buy a single 1TB SSD. (M.2 format, 3400mb/s.)
    2. Buy two 500GB SSDs and set them up in a RAID-0 array. (Same format, same speed.)

    This will be the drive I install Windows and all my key software on, as well as whatever games I can fit on it. I'll probably keep the other SSDs for cache and overflow. I also have a 1TB HDD for file storage, and I also keep synchronized cloud backups.

    Besides games, I'm also a graphic/web designer, so I deal with large files from Photoshop regularly, as well as occasional video editing.

    The big question is: will the speed increase from a RAID-0 array actually be significant? (Yeah, that's pretty subjective.) Can my motherboard, processor, and other components actually benefit from speeds higher than 3400mb/s?

    Thanks for your help!

    My components:

    MBoard: Z390 GAMING X
    RAM: 32GB 2400mhz
    CPU: Intel i7-9700F (8 cores @ 3ghz)
    GPU: GeForce RTX 2060

    PS: I didn't even know that the M.2 format existed until yesterday.

    submitted by /u/BevansDesign
    [link] [comments]

    PDF Merge, split and compress..but stand alone program

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:42 AM PST

    I am looking for a stand alone program (sensitive documents) to merge, split, compress and edit pdf's (mostly fill in the blanks).

    I am using PDFsam basic and Icecream for all but to compress. I know I can compress with iLovePDF but its web based.

    I am willing to pay, but would like to avoid monthly and just purchase once.

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ringman52
    [link] [comments]

    Video stopping partway and then restarting

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:57 PM PST

    This happens even when it's a downloaded video and it doesnt happen everytime. The video will stop partway and I'll get a play symbol in the middle of the video as though it were simply paused. Then when I press play the video starts over. Happens when I try to skip to where I left off or if I try to skip further it happens again after several seconds. Is this just a poor internet speed/connection? TiA!

    Edit: this only happens to me on mobile. Most often when I'm using mobile data, which is supposedly a fast network

    submitted by /u/2baconsinlove
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a note taking app

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    Hello all! Last semester I started using a drawing tablet to take notes/fill out worksheets. I was using Drawboard pdf and it was great, but it didn't have any macros I could assign to the tablet buttons and it has this weird bug that when I switched from pen to mouse sometimes the mouse would still be drawing. I'm looking for a replacement but haven't found anything that checks all the boxes.

    What I'm looking for in a note taking app: 1. Outputs a PDF with little to no hassle. 2. Lets you swap pen colors via macro. 3. Organizes my notes. 4. Has a ruler. 5. Uses a page format, not and endless page like onenote. (I like to print things out sometime)

    I wouldn't mind paying a subscription for something that can hit all those points.

    submitted by /u/172_0_0_1
    [link] [comments]

    Need a virtual event platform for a dance show??

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:31 AM PST

    I hope it's cool to post in this sub!

    I'm holding a virtual event that will be live-hosted (by me), where we will share four individual, pre-recorded dance films, and hopefully have a live Q+A with the choreographers afterward. I have three things I'm looking for:

    1. BEAUTY. The subject of the show is dreams, all of these dances are inspired by dreams. Because that's such a visually rich topic, I really want to be able to aesthetically curate the online experience -- so somehow, people don't just land on a sterile online event page, but something more visually engaging that could frame the dance films. I'd like to be able to make the online experience colorful and textured, but in my preliminary research I haven't found any platform that could accommodate this. If there's some kind of other tab/area in the platform where I could share images or drawings, I think that could work too. (Wishing for something more aesthetic than the black squares on zoom.)
    2. INTERACTION. Of course for the Q+A aspect, it would be great to be able to have some video chat element in the service. The choreographers will be tuning in from separate locations. That said, I don't think each audience member needs to appear on video. If there was a chat feature that would be amazing too, so the audience could "applaud" and discuss the films.
    3. PRICE. I can't spend more than a couple hundred right now, 500 at the *very* most. Unfortunate but true. A lot of the platforms I'm seeing are really geared toward corporations doing marketing and networking events, and the prices are in the thousands….that's really not my world, I'm a super small time choreographer curating this two-day event and trying to break even.

    Thank you so much for reading this <3 <3 <3

    submitted by /u/sweet_sardine
    [link] [comments]

    is Bytefence anti-malware safe?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:27 AM PST

    this just appeared on my computer by its own

    submitted by /u/Cronialninja_YT
    [link] [comments]

    How to pretend your camera is not working to keep your camera off on google meet

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:32 AM PST

    Use some Vaseline and put a little bit on your camera to make it look like your camera is blurry then tell your teacher my camera isn't working

    submitted by /u/J-hobi777
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading SSD on new computer.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:43 AM PST

    I just bought a new PC with a 512 SSD. I want to buy a 1TB SSD upgrade it immediately. The PC comes with Windows 10 how do I change windows 10 to the new SSD?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MuchOpposite
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment