• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Tech Support - Where the heck can I livestream my 15 min event from my cell phone privately with a permanent URL?

    Tech Support - Where the heck can I livestream my 15 min event from my cell phone privately with a permanent URL?


    Where the heck can I livestream my 15 min event from my cell phone privately with a permanent URL?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    My wife and I want to live stream our little gender reveal. It's going to be short, and to the point. We don't want to do it on on a service where everyone can see each other, but I would like to be able to create a permanent link today where I can say, "We're going live on Sat at Noon at this URL". I don't want to force other people to download an app either, and I would like to do it from my cell phone.

    I cannot seem to find something simple for this!

    submitted by /u/3rickEsca
    [link] [comments]

    Cpu Temps at 90 F

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:11 AM PST

    I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and a AIO Corsair H100i Platinum SE. my load only reads 3% because it's just on the browser but my CPU temp is 92 and my ram is at 108 F. Is that normal? If not how do I fix it?

    submitted by /u/MCfRed618
    [link] [comments]

    Duel Pc Recording setup

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:26 AM PST

    I'm not to sure if this is the right subreddit to be asking this question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere so I hope somebody can help me out. My question is if you have a duel pc setup with 2 monitors, one 144z as the recording monitor, and one 240hz as the gaming monitor. Using a capture card could you record gameplay using obs at 240 fps (not just the game frames I mean the recording would be 240 fps) using a capture card. If your wondering the reason I want to record in 240 frames it's because I want to do a smart resample to 60fps for smoother video quality for my YouTube channel.

    submitted by /u/bdann_
    [link] [comments]

    Size of available shrink space is smaller than there is???

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:03 PM PST

    Hey guys, I was tryna shrink my c drive so that I could add another operating system to my pc. Although I have 90GB of space left, when I try and shrink my c drive in disk management, the size of available shrink space is only 40 MB. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ItsMeCorgi
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube video scrubber bar/red dot not working

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:41 PM PST

    The red dot that is supposed to display where you're up to in the video does not move from 0.00 when I play a video, but the time displayed shows the correct time I'm up to.

    I can move the bar to where I want, but once I do that the red dot is stuck in the new place and doesn't move. Really frustrating!

    This is happening on my phone and iPad, both on safari but I never had an issue until about a week ago when both devices started doing it.

    Any advice on how to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/Greenbluexx
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Rtx 3080 graphics card compatible to my pc?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:06 PM PST

    My pc specs are:

    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.19 GHz
    • RAM: 16.0 GB
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
    • Baseboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer iNC.
    • BaseBoard Model: PRIME Z370-P II
    • BaseBoard Name: Rev X.0x
    submitted by /u/LuckyLucky_
    [link] [comments]

    Jetson Xavier vs iphone12

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    Iphone12 is much smaller. Just curious how they compare computationally...

    submitted by /u/dutrasi
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon wishlist grouping

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:48 PM PST

    sorry if this isn't the best place, I'm having a hard time working out where best to ask this...

    So, say I've started an amazon wishlist for my birthday, and I want some running shoes. There are several styles I like, so I add each of them to my birthday wishlist. I only need one pair, though. Is it possible to group them together in some way, so that if Aunt Jane buys one pair, the rest are removed so Grandma Maude doesn't buy a different pair I've added?

    (If this should be posted on a better sub, please direct me there!)

    submitted by /u/xavierash
    [link] [comments]

    what drains battery more, bluetooth w/screen on & low brightness or playing YouTube audio @ 90% volume w/screen on & low brightness?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:20 PM PST

    Help for a Friend

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:16 PM PST

    Hello everyone! The following message is from my friend who is banned from certain websites. The websites are banned on the wifi, and they don't have the password. Any idea of what they can do? I think a VPN might help? Thanks a bunch. :)

    "so. My dad banned all my coping mechanisms (youtube, twitch, reddit, etc) and I'm honestly not doing too good. any idea how I can unban them? they're banned on the wifi btw help"

    submitted by /u/Mei_xii
    [link] [comments]

    Why does 30 fps videos look smoother on 85hz display compared to 60hz display? Or is it just a placebo?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:11 PM PST

    I overclocked my monitor to 85hz (working flawlessly) and even things that aren't 85hz looks somehow smoother. Like Youtube videos for example.

    submitted by /u/3200g
    [link] [comments]

    Ebay tracking my youtube/amazon searches???

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:15 PM PST

    I added a book to my amazon cart this week -- and I also did some searches for book reviews, watched a youtube review, etc.

    Today I got an email from ebay suggesting that I buy the book from them.

    This a very niche book, so no way was this coincidence.

    How did they do that? Is ebay able to track cookies from youtube or amazon and tie to my ebay login/email?

    submitted by /u/dandan14
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an archive similar to cbz/cbr that supports video?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:52 PM PST

    Cbz supports images and gifs but not video. I'd like this to make videos and pictures easily viewable in one file. Every other format including zip and folder requires me to exit a photo in order to view the next one instead of flipping through them left to right on my phone.

    submitted by /u/grenwood
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor as a TV?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:05 PM PST

    I hate smart TVs. All the technology they put in them is out of date way faster than you want a TV to be. I much prefer using external things like a Chromecast or whatever, cos then you can keep them up to date, and they usually interface more smoothly with your other devices anyway.

    That's my reasoning, anyway heh. I have an external satellite tuner anyway, so I was wondering, if I just got a 4k monitor with built in speakers and I just plugged the HDMI from my freesat, Switch or Chromecast into it, would that work with audio and everything? Or would I have to do summat more sophisticated to rig that up to work?

    submitted by /u/Dizzy_Beacon
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an easy way to bulk send data from iphone to google drive?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:47 PM PST

    1. Id like to send my photos to Google Drive
    2. Id like to 'notes' as well.
    3. I don't thin it's possible, but id also like to send a copy of my messages.

    Appreciate your guys's advice on this.

    submitted by /u/mementomoriok
    [link] [comments]

    Has "green" energy technology been suppressed by the wealthy for years?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:12 AM PST

    This green energy revolution is going to cause some economies in the middle east to collapse.

    submitted by /u/knowledgeseeker999
    [link] [comments]

    Hanging on t a water-damaged alarm clock

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    I had a leak in my room today, above my dresser (I live in a house). Yes, the ceiling was damaged and my dresser is damaged- those are more important than my alarm clock, but that is not relevant to this post.

    So my alarm clock is one of those old ones form like 2005, with a CD player that opens on top. The alarm clock was FLOODED with water. All the gaps, all the holes, and even some in the CD player (I don't even know how)! Yet the alarm clock was still working at the time that I found it.

    I immediately unplugged the alarm clock and dried it and left it sitting for a few hours. Is it dangerous to re-plug in the alarm clock (like is there a potential for electric shock or something)? Can mold grow in the alarm clock?

    It's not a big deal if I need to get rid of the alarm clock, I just would kike to know if it is salvageable or not.

    submitted by /u/MathWhizTeen
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to work on monitor mainboard after discharging capacitors?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    I bought a broken monitor to repair and I was about electronics safety. I've watched some videos, and some people don't seem to do anything regarding stored electricity in capacitors and others say it could kill you. I'm wondering if there are any other safety concerns after discharging capacitors.

    submitted by /u/awokepsl
    [link] [comments]

    Can you modify a GPS with a microcontroller so that it would announce districts within a city?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:26 PM PST

    I hope it makes sense. But if you had GPS coordinates to the border of a city district, say MidTown Manhattan in New York City, could you use an microcontroller like Arduino to announce crossing into/leaving different areas? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Forlorn_Cyborg
    [link] [comments]

    I got a message from T-Mobile after I made a virtual purchase do my parents still pay for this?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:17 PM PST

    My phone and everything are connected to my parents tmobile plan, but I recently made a purchase after rushing and thinking I used my Google play gift card funds. Later I got a message saying it will affect my T-Mobile bill. Im still underage, will everything be okay?

    submitted by /u/Yahsterz
    [link] [comments]

    Why do SSDs have a limited write/read operation time?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:36 PM PST

    I mean they have no moving parts, so this shouldn't be a problem like with HDDs. Right?

    submitted by /u/Khyta
    [link] [comments]

    Best video quality

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:43 AM PST

    Hi, I have a 14 inch laptop and a 1366*768 resolution. I see there is a video I need that is 1080p and another that is 720p. Does it make a difference on so small a laptop?

    submitted by /u/peejay2
    [link] [comments]

    My motherboard flashes ez debug led's :(

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:16 PM PST

    When I turn on my pc in the morning after 8 hours or so it turns of before I can log in. I tried to turn it on again an I succesfully logged into my pc. However, during the boot up the ez debug led's on my motherboard start to flash in this sequence :

    cpu led lights up for a moment and swithches to the dram led for a short time then the vga led light up until the msi logo pops up onto my screen and then the boot led flashes once.

    I don't have a clue what could be the problem as I don't remember it ever doing this. There must be some problem since it won't turn on the first time.

    My specs are:

    CPU: i5 9600k

    Motherboard :msi mpg z390 gaming plus

    GPU: rtx 2070

    RAM: corsair vengeance pro rgb 16gb 3200mhz

    CPU COOLER: nzxt kraken x52

    SSD: samsung 970 evo plus and 860 evo

    PSU: evga 750w gq gold

    submitted by /u/Emp3rorDawid
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi extender

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:23 AM PST

    Hey guys. I've been having a speed problem with my router and been thinking.

    Could I turn of routers WiFi and connect WiFi extender thru Ethernet, for example Tplink Re305, would this trick work for increasing WiFi speeds?

    Router WDR3600 clearly manages speeds up to 1gbps thru wire.

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/KRMDS
    [link] [comments]

    Is my laptop any good

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:59 AM PST

    I've got a laptop and I've had it a year now it runs most things okay but not always well so I just thought I'd ask. It's a Dell Inspiron 5565, here are the specs. AMD A6-9200 Radeon R4 5 compute cores 2C+3G 2.00 GHz 8GB RAM 7.46 usable 64bit operating system x64 based processor

    submitted by /u/Hollowboyo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment