• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 27, 2021

    Tech Support - What is this on my Google Chrome Icon?

    Tech Support - What is this on my Google Chrome Icon?


    What is this on my Google Chrome Icon?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:31 PM PST

    Today I noticed after I closed my google chrome windows that my desktop icon had a new addition. I've never seen anything like this. Anyone know what this is? Link

    submitted by /u/RubenGamez
    [link] [comments]

    How to hide Google chrome extensions?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    Is there a way to hide Google chrome extensions? I want to have a certain one but I don't want anyone to see it on my browser if someone else uses my PC.

    submitted by /u/Gold_Champagne
    [link] [comments]

    Linux vs Windows 10

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:14 AM PST

    Most of us get stuck when we think about which operating system is best for our device. This is why we have written a blog, which states the difference between Linux vs Windows 10; that will help you to make the right choice for yourself.

    https://www.how-to-reset.com/blog/linux-vs-windows-10/

    submitted by /u/clairestevens01
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Zhone wireless bridging

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:04 AM PST

    I have a Zhone 6718-W1 as an AP & a Zhone 6519-W1 that I'm trying to use as a wireless bridge. I've enabled the 6519 to be a wireless bridge, disabled its DHCP & changed it's static IP to something diff from the AP's. Still not working for me. Help a noob out y'all.

    submitted by /u/heroloso
    [link] [comments]

    How can you protect yourself from government spying programs like XKeyScore and PRISM?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:27 AM PST

    While I would love to believe that these programs are being used to protect us, it still feels way to dystopian for me. And I feel like there MUST be a way to project yourself from it because if there wasn't, crime would be more or less completely nonexistent. So how can you protect yourself and regain privacy?

    submitted by /u/psychord-alpha
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop lags when I have huge games

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:30 PM PST

    I have a pretty huge drive, 600GB. Whenever I have big games, over 100GB or more, my laptop lags. I want to extract something, it doesn't respond. Is there any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/PhoenixDuncanUK
    [link] [comments]

    KVM windows VM live migration

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    I haven't seen much material on this topic but here's the idea. You have a desktop computer and a laptop and instead of running two separate instances of windows you run windows through a bare metal hypervisor and migrate it depending on which machine you want to work on. In my eyes the portability of a laptop and the power of a desktop when needed would compliment each other.

    My only concern is that from what I can see this hasn't been done or if it has it hasn't been documented very well. Is this possible or am I chasing a pipe dream?

    submitted by /u/SilverWhiskeyBottle
    [link] [comments]

    I have a cropped portion of an image. How do I find the full image?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 07:55 PM PST

    Say I have a picture that is a 1/10th crop of a larger image (that is presumably online somewhere). How can I find the source larger image?

    submitted by /u/nongfu88
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi tether from iOS

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 09:53 AM PST

    I their a app that I can use WiFi that I have the password saved from my iphone to any desired device?

    submitted by /u/-Mr-Draco-
    [link] [comments]

    Why do submarines not have video cameras to see what's outside?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 07:36 PM PST

    In movies, and I assume in real life too, submarines are depicted as navigating the waters, when they dive - essentially blind, relying only on sonar to figure out where the enemy is, or to see obstacles... Wouldn't it make sense to have video cameras showing what is going on outside with monitors on the inside?

    submitted by /u/hummusimful
    [link] [comments]

    A free or paid Website/News Aggregator service that has the ability to save a copy of a web page to its cloud server?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    All I know of is the Wayback Machine when you sign up for an account.. But that turned out to be an unpleasant and undependable experience.. I prefer that it can also pull feeds from websites... I also prefer that its done in a clean and organized way or enables me to do so..

    submitted by /u/dokha
    [link] [comments]

    Best option for hooking up 2 monitors?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:31 PM PST

    My computer has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA port, family has told me that mixing the 2 can cause problems with headaches but I can't find any info about that so I don't know the validity of those claims. Both my monitors have VGA and DVI so using either or both isnt a problem. Is there a best option or even a way to do it without mixing?

    submitted by /u/helloyou32
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor Cord has UBS Cord Attached

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:23 PM PST

    Can anyone tell me why my monitor cord has a USB cord attached? It also has a button where the monitor and USB cords merge. I can't fathom why such a thing exists.

    Here's a picture of it, if that helps: https://imgur.com/gallery/IVhKSHy

    submitted by /u/monsonway
    [link] [comments]

    What could cause my discord and microsoft Teams to randomly crash and restart?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:59 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment