• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    Tech Support - Why can I access blocked sites without turning on my VPN?

    Tech Support - Why can I access blocked sites without turning on my VPN?


    Why can I access blocked sites without turning on my VPN?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:23 PM PST

    I only have two VPN which are chrome extensions. I turned both of them off and can still access blocked sites. What is happening?

    submitted by /u/HaziqHranica
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for an computer to run console emulated games more efficiently than the steam counterparts?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:14 AM PST

    Probably a dumb question

    submitted by /u/autoconprime
    [link] [comments]

    Is FDE flawed on SSDs?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:02 PM PST

    I've heard multiple people say, that FDE (full disk encryption) on SSDs is flawed.

    But when I search online I only find articles about SED (self encrypting drives).

    https://www.zdnet.com/article/flaws-in-self-encrypting-ssds-let-attackers-bypass-disk-encryption/

    The vulnerabilities only affect SSD models that support hardware-based encryption, where the disk encryption operations are carried out via a local built-in chip, separate from the main CPU.

    I don't see how FDE using software like VeraCrypt is different on an SSD then on a hard drive.

    submitted by /u/peet2817
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to use my laptop monitor for a new PC I'm getting?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 04:05 PM PST

    I have a Lenovo yoga 720 with windows 10, it has a 4k screen and I'm getting a PC with an RTX 3080 so I want to connect the pc to the laptop screen to test out the 4k capabilities.

    submitted by /u/awokepsl
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop loses hdmi connection after 20 seconds

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:49 AM PST

    My Lenovo y540 laptop screen was punched, breaking the screen (spider cracks on screen and visible dent on plastic casing around screen). So I started to use a tv through hdmi cable which was working fine. Then after a couple days, of which the laptop was moved around some, the laptop turns on fine but the screen does not light up at all. On top of this, it loses connection (through hdmi cable) to the tv after about 20 seconds. I see the boot up and log on, and then after a couple seconds of being on the home screen, I lose connection (tv shows no signal). The hdmi cable works fine when used with a console, so I doubt the hdmi cable is faulty. I tried clicking fn plus f7 but that did not work. May someone please help me resolve this connection issue? Would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/bandicootslice
    [link] [comments]

    App that creates a monthly calendar based on T-minus X days

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:02 PM PST

    We have a monthly schedule at my company of things that need to be completed on certain dates in the month, which means there is a series of tasks/events that need to even in the few days leading up to them. I would like to have the same set of rules for each month and have them show up on a month sheet, and print it out to share.

    Is there anything like that?

    submitted by /u/mrjackydees
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:27 PM PST

    Hello beautiful beings ! I started using twitch 2 months ago and my my has it blown up - I've been fortunate enough to interact with so many wonderful beings around the world :) Interestingly enough I know nothing about technology or even twitch really and my viewership has both requested and funded a new camera (my ps3 Ubisoft camera I found lying around sucks) I want to find something that would be suitable for what I typically stream https://www.twitch.tv/shakeyobootay - but I will also use it for other purposes in future - I've been told that lighting is important but I don't want to kill the vibe of my stream by using bright lights so it needs to be able to pick up movement, stream directly to pc and be good with minimal lighting - I'm also in need of a new phone and was considering buying a flagship phone with good cameras (no idea which phone pls help!) if I didn't choose a DSLR or mirrorless etc. Let me know what you think I am thankful for your time in advance

    submitted by /u/ShakeYoBootay
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best apps for saving some text for easy access quickly instead of apps like Pocket which save the entire article for later access?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/MattPilkerson
    [link] [comments]

    Remote management bypass iphone 6s

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    My friend gifted me an iphone 6s. I tried setting it up after she reset it to factory settings, and I am directed to this page I've never seen before titled "Remote management." When I click next, the page reads "The configuration for your iphone could not be downloaded from Northwest Center. Invalid profile." So I did a google search, and supposedly you can download third party programs to bypass this. I am just not sure which one works for iphone 6s, as some people have stated they've used these services and depending on the iphone it can be unsuccessful. I just spoke with an apple support representative about this, and she was no help. I tried going into my "find my" settings on icloud to restore the phone, but obviously since this phone has not been set up it is not listed on my icloud. All of this to say, is there anyone who has done this successfully for an iphone 6s? Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/thetitz
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement for Google Photos (with as good a search engine)?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:30 AM PST

    I want to explore potential replacements for Google Photos - where I have all of our family's photos and videos for the past 20 years - plus 1000s of scans as well. I have my own local and remote full backups, of course.

    But for quickly searching photos (e.g., "dog at the beach with a bonfire") - is there anything comparable to Google Photos?

    It doesn't have to be free - just as good or better. Cloud-based preferred, but local might also be OK (have an unRAID server).

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/volcs0
    [link] [comments]

    Can I upgrade a Windows 10 Pro laptop with the same OS without any issues?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:49 PM PST

    There's several corrupt files that I cannot fix.

    I'm wondering if I use the widows upgrade software will repair the corruption.

    submitted by /u/TheFluffiestFur
    [link] [comments]

    Can blue light filters have a range 0-100 of blue light blocked or are they all just on or off?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Didn't know where to post this but I'm making a light system for an assignment and I'm not sure if the blue light filter can only be on or off or if it can have a slider 0-100.

    I know the one I have on my phone and laptop just turns on at 10 pm and off at 8 am. But could it theoretically turn on/off gradually?

    submitted by /u/Yucares
    [link] [comments]

    Zoom!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:08 PM PST

    So, I have a court hearing next month that will be held remotely through Zoom. I've never used Zoom before. Do I need an App? I have a camera attachment to a PC. Anything else I need to know? Is there someway I can test the Zoom capabilities of my computer before the hearing so I lessen the chance of screwing up or missing the hearing? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nationwideisonyours
    [link] [comments]

    Can DLSS allow for lighter games in the future?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:13 PM PST

    Since DLSS is basically upscaling native resolutions towards higher resolutions in real time, could we use that technology so that games doesn't need to have heavy 4k textures in their files, but instead have "lighter" textures in only 720p or 1080p, and if the player wishes to play in 4k, we use DLSS to have a game with textures etc... in 4k?

    That could save a lot of needed storage spaces for game, but I'm probably misunderstanding how DLSS works, I really want to know if that's possible.

    submitted by /u/mdmrzk
    [link] [comments]

    Connect TV to AUX input on different floor

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Hi there, I have an AUX input that controls the speakers throughout my house on the second floor of my home and I have a TV on the first floor, I was wondering if there were a way to connect my TV to the AUX input on the floor above it with like a wifi receiver or something and if so, where would I be able to purchase what I need to accomplish this.

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/dustybleaf
    [link] [comments]

    Save clips directly to phone and/or personal cloud?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:06 AM PST

    Hello all.

    I just got a cheap Eufy pan and tilt security cam (uses SD card for storage), but only now realized that the notification alerts are not stored in the phone. These notifications are all kept on the SD card... Meaning that if there's no wifi, electricity, or if it gets stolen, I would lose all the data.

    The thing is, I got the cam more as an experiment, but my neighbor just got robbed today, so it got me thinking twice...

    1. What would you guys recommend that is not super expensive, for a 1 bedroom?
    2. Is there a way to automatically save the clips directly into my phone or iCloud (or even Onedrive from Microsoft)? If yes, how?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/ricak
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me to read my benchmark?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:05 AM PST

    how do you force a webpages elements to appear, if they only show up when hovered?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:51 AM PST

    I plan on using AHK to list all the elements in a page that contain the class="tooltipster-base"

    but they only appear when I hover over the bar with my mouse, and go away again afterwards – how do I force them to appear in the element all the time?

    Reason I ask is because I want to download these elements where the bar is.

    See this gif, the element only appears when I hover over each bar https://gfycat.com/LonelyCarefulBarnacle

    heres the url im using https://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Dundalk/04-December-2020/1930

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment