• Breaking News

    Friday, December 4, 2020

    Tech Support - Should I upgrade my iphone 5s from ios 9.3.2 to ios 12?

    Tech Support - Should I upgrade my iphone 5s from ios 9.3.2 to ios 12?


    Should I upgrade my iphone 5s from ios 9.3.2 to ios 12?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:24 AM PST

    Hi! I've been using my iphone 5s for more than 4 years and haven't updated ios before coz I know that it usually fucks old phones up. I only use whatsapp, twitter, spotify, ubereat, etc. couple of basic apps. I'm not a phone person. I only use when it is necessary basically but now pretty much all the apps require ios 11 or older such as youtube, twitter, ubereat, spotify etc. they really push me to upgrade it to ios12 but I'm still quite skeptical about this especially after 4 years. I'm really happy with my phone and didn't want to lose it soon. Should I do it?

    submitted by /u/coloneleranmorad
    [link] [comments]

    My Wi-Fi works on my computer but not my iPhone, it keeps saying "Authentication Failed"

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 03:36 AM PST

    I refreshed the router by holding the button on the bottom. The middle light (in the picture) is no longer on, and the lower one is no longer green but now orange.

    Somehow I'm able to use the internet on my iMac even though the router looks like this (in the picture), and even stranger is when I tried connecting to my Wi-Fi on my iMac my iPhone (which won't connect because of "Authentication Failure") asked me if I wanted to share my WiFi password with my iMac, I said yes and it worked for my iMac.

    Any ideas? Thank you!

    https://imgur.com/a/TkACqDj

    submitted by /u/MattPilkerson
    [link] [comments]

    why my all post gets deleted?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:03 PM PST

    Please tell me, anyone, why Reddit deletes my all posts and block my accounts? I am really frustrated now. I don't know what's wrong? Why is it happing again and again? Please answer me anyone.

    submitted by /u/puneetvermatechnical
    [link] [comments]

    USB to lightning adapter?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Hi! Hopefully a quick, easy question. I have 2 old external HD that I would like to get pictures off of. I no longer have a PC. Only an iPhoneX and iPad. Does a USB to lightning adapter exist? I ordered 2 different USB adapters but neither had the correct female USB. Can't seem to get a straight answer. I don't have a USB C. Should I buy a convert USB A to USB C then to Lightning?

    submitted by /u/WhateversClever1
    [link] [comments]

    Two devices one headset?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 11:53 PM PST

    Is it possible to have two devices input sound simulatenously into one headset? I was considering getting a MacBook for video editing but I lack the desk space to have them both in front of me.

    If possible through a wireless headset. Apologies if frequently asked.

    submitted by /u/themiroproject
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to use my keyboards microphone to talk through on discord and stuff?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Ok, do not ask why or say that its stupid because I am well aware that it is so dumb and so stupid but my keyboard (The GK61) has a built in microphone for stealing data and having "Music Sync". I think it would be so bad sounding and so awful and it would be very funny to use it. Please help. I cant open it or anything either.

    submitted by /u/ToastedSkoops2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a service where I can use one number, but multiple text from it? Its for a charity

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 01:51 PM PST

    Hello,

    I'm working with a charity doing houseless outreach/grocery programs.

    One of the services we would like to incorporate is having one number to contact us, but multiple people can see and respond to texts.

    I was setting up Google Voice for this, but it doesn't seem to fit the bill totally.

    Thank you in advance for your help

    submitted by /u/Little-Editor-5183
    [link] [comments]

    Small Bluetooth touch keyboard - can't find one

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    I've been looking for a small Bluetooth touch keyboard for the longest time. I tend to use my iPad in bed a lot, and typing reaching up all the time is a pain.

    Tried the Rii i8+, which is perfect in every way except for the clickety clack noise it makes. I've found one that's touch-typing, Rii H18+, but it's only available with a 2.4GHz dongle, and not with Bluetooth! Anyone come across one that's small, touch-typing and with Bluetooth? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cyrano-db
    [link] [comments]

    5G noob question

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:28 PM PST

    If I have a 5G router with a 5G plan can my phone still connect to it and have internet?

    (phone doesn't support 5G)

    submitted by /u/Eyeballs101
    [link] [comments]

    When I agree to a meeting on Outlook, where does it 'go'?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:48 AM PST

    I have accepted several meeting requests on Outlook and each time I do it makes the invite disappear and I cannot see it anywhere.

    submitted by /u/CrystalSpurs
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about webcam quality

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:01 PM PST

    My wife has a 2013 MacBook Air that she uses to talk with clients via Zoom. She recently purchased a Logitech 4K Pro magnetic webcam, which was $200. We plugged it in and the picture was surprisingly underwhelming. I was imagining a crystal clear image, but it was pretty fuzzy—like how an iPhone camera looks in low light. I tested my iPhone camera next to it and the iPhone looked much better.

    I'm not sure if it's the camera, the screen, the Zoom app, or what. I watch a few streamers and their image quality looks so good. Are they just using a far superior (and costly) webcam?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gobackclark
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Bluetooth headset?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Hey there. I spend a lot of time on the phone and right now I use Apple AirPods to wirelessly talk on the phone. I'm interested in buying a Bluetooth headset with a mic and am looking for the best technology/price. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Dolorous_M
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse settings changed / slowed down after mouse replug

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 01:41 PM PST

    I replugged my mouse to change batteries and most of my setting that where perfect are now much slower is there anyway to go back to the original settings?

    submitted by /u/vicsand
    [link] [comments]

    windows stop security health service from opening

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:52 AM PST

    i've tried going into services to disable it, options greyed out, 'sc stop [servicename]' in administrative command prompt gives access denied, i've tried changing the ownership of system32 where it's held to me but still to no avail

    i want to disable this service, it lets me terminate it in task manager so why can't i disable it?

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Google Internet Speed Test Problem

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with Google's online internet speed test. When I run the test, my download speed is around ~120 Mbps and my upload speed is ~17 Mbps. (I am using WiFi connection under Spectrum. ) These are the normal speeds I am used to.

    The server, however, shows the wrong location (it says "Server: Dallas"); I currently live in Los Angeles. When I would test my internet speed before this occurence, my server was set to be in Los Angeles and my latency was averaging to be 11 ms. Now, my latency is 36 ms which I assume is because the system thinks I am in Dallas, TX. My download and upload speeds are in the same range as before. I am not using any VPNs and I have tried resetting/rebooting my modem and router system numerous times.

    This has caused lots of ping spikes (it would jump from 48 to 700 every few minutes) for me in games like VALORANT (which is quite rare for me).

    Has this happened to anyone here before? Would this be considered an internet provider problem or a problem with the Google internet speed test server? I haven't had much luck searching for a solution online.

    Thank you for reading through this!

    submitted by /u/helpmewhistorypls
    [link] [comments]

    How do I answer calls with turtle beach audio hub?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:59 PM PST

    I want to buy a headset that I can connect to my Playstation 4/5 while connecting it to my phone at the same time to use discord with my friends who are on PC.

    I'm looking at the Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 headset on the official website and it says:

    "Connect to Turtle Beach audio hub app to unleash the full power of Elite SuperAmp. Personalize settings like.... and additionally stream music or take calls while gaming."

    Does that mean I can use discord with the headset being connected to PS4!?!? I've been looking for videos to see it working but everyone is too lame on YouTube to show off the feature!!

    I need to know if this works!! It would be a gamers dream to have this and I'm dying to know!!

    submitted by /u/bluberblaber
    [link] [comments]

    Question about print logs and file names.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Just looking to see if anyone can help me make sense of this situation. So in my workplace there was a sensitive file that was printed which shouldn't have been printed. The person whose name was on the print log does have permission to the file, however they have absolutely refuted using the printer and claimed to not have a copy of the file on their (work) laptop, they even consented to a search of the laptop. The issue is the fact the file was left in the office printer....

    The thing is the file that i was tasked with trying to find out where it came from or if someone accessed the persons laptop. But i don't have much to go on. The file that was printed doesn't even have a recognizable filename. It's not named in a usual way but instead had a bunch of random capital and lowercase letters such as below:

    ACFrOgBganzOKReDCQ0-G9UqJ5CH

    Would anyone know why a filename would appear like the above on a print log? My thinking was that it could have been a temporary or recovered file that was printed by accident

    submitted by /u/wolfeerine
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any site where you can buy services which you could define(asking them to help you create certain accounts from their pc etc) from people over the internet?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Internet and cameras for work

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 11:42 AM PST

    Not sure if this is the best sub for this question but here goes.

    I work for a construction company and we need internet access and security cameras. We will be taking over a building that does not have phone lines or coaxial cables. I need to be able to communicate with the main office and send files to the customer. I also need to remotely monitor the site. I've looked online and it seems that a hotspot router is the only option but then I haven't found a camera that can be accessed whenever whenever.

    What sort of product can offer internet and what camera would be compatible?

    submitted by /u/VeryCleanMan
    [link] [comments]

    Question about computer ram

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I recently bought a prebuilt and I've been using it for a bit now. I noticed that my ram sticks are in the third and fourth slot. From the videos I've watched on gaming pcs they always say to keep them in the 2nd and 4th slot. Can I just move my ram stick from the third to the second slot without any issues or do I need to do something else before moving it.

    submitted by /u/Hoshizora-
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Battery Sentry

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:32 AM PST

    So I recently purchased a treadmill. It's a Cybex, but I'm unsure of which specific Cybex model. Anyway, I bought this initially for my dog,as he's high energy and I live in a state that has bipolar ass weather and I also live in a bad neighborhood, and I'm a woman.

    Anyway, I have an issue of the "Battery Sentry" not registering the dog since he's not 100 lbs and isn't tall enough for the motion sensor. I have tried putting 110lbs worth of dumbells on the sides on the treadmill (2 35's and 2 25s) and it's till stops after 20-30 seconds asking if I'm still there and I have to stand next to this thing and keep pressing the screen and it's just f*cking annoying.

    Has anyone figured out a way to either 1. Disable this feature in the treadmill or 2. Bypass/Cheat the system?

    *No I cannot return the product. *I don't have the spare money to go buy another one.

    TlDR; Treadmill keeps stopping cause dog isn't fat enough to trip the sensors. Dumbells didn't work. Hitting it didn't work. Do you know how to fake that a person is on it instead of a Corgi.

    submitted by /u/Sil3ntRav3n
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a difference between usb-c cables that are usb-c on both ends versus cables that are usb-c on one end and usb-a on the other?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:14 AM PST

    By difference I mean capabilities, charging speed, data transfer speed, etc.

    submitted by /u/idklol37
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment