• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 6, 2020

    Tech Support - is there a way to print pdf's printerfriendly?

    Tech Support - is there a way to print pdf's printerfriendly?


    is there a way to print pdf's printerfriendly?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:26 AM PST

    Hi folks, i have a pdf on my pc and i want to print it. only the layout of the pdf would print all the different shades in the background. is there a way to print it with just the text?

    submitted by /u/Cklixus
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse that can switch connection between multiple receivers

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Like a single pair of KaM that can connect to one receiver, but say press a button or flip a switch and it connects to a different receiver. Do those exist yet and where can I get one?

    submitted by /u/loserleitin
    [link] [comments]

    Considering installing Libreboot

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:05 PM PST

    How hard would it be to install Libreboot on my Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR? Would it be difficult to revert back to my regular bios if I break something? I need my laptop for college next semester, but I'm sick of not felling like I own something I paid $400 for.

    submitted by /u/SmashHead256
    [link] [comments]

    I messed up

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 01:13 AM PST

    So I found my old laptop and turned it on, it was running a little slow but altogether it worked. I went to clean up the hard drive and restore it a bit so that it wouldn't lag as much but the computer wouldn't restore. Then after restarting it I couldn't get it past the startup page. While researching ways to fix this I stumbled across the diskpart command and used it to clean the disk. Inadvertently I think I wiped windows from my laptop entirely. Is there a way to restore this?

    submitted by /u/9330160
    [link] [comments]

    A website to know on how many sites I have used my personal Email address to register

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:00 PM PST

    My Mom has started using her personal Email address to register on different websites and social media websites. So I was wondering if there's any website to know on which all sites we have used a particular email account to register. Thanks in Advance.

    submitted by /u/fabulousInn
    [link] [comments]

    HELP WITH ROGER RANSOMWARE

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    If you're seeing this post I would appreciate any kind of help. My windows 7 (x64 bit) computer got infested with a malware named ROGER. It has started encrypting files and programs and I'm guessing when it's complete it will ask me for money to undo it. I managed to stop it before it's complete but a large portion of my files are encrypted, files and programs worh YEARS of work. I'm now booted in safe mode, and I can see many if not all files have changed to a .ROGER encrypted format and they also have the email of the hackers (pexdatax@gmail.com) or something. Some other files have a .nobu extension. Can I reverse this in any way? I tried doing a system restore from an image I had on the hard drive but it seems it didn't work for some reason. I'm begging for all the help I can get

    EDIT: Now I'm trying to restore to a previous state from a windows image I created a few weeks ago, finger crossed it works

    EDIT 2: Thanks to all that helped, thankfully I didn't need the help. My extremely lucky ass planned ahead and had a two week old system image created just in case. Backup, backup and backup and hope you'll never need it.

    submitted by /u/MasterLin87
    [link] [comments]

    Will a SD card make my phone faster?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:46 PM PST

    I just got this phone. Its only 16GB. It has room for a SD. If I put a 32 GB SD in it and move my apps to it will it be faster? It lags a bit. Btw my pictures aren't on my phone they are on Amazon photos

    submitted by /u/happygoodgirl
    [link] [comments]

    Payphone at Home (Old Tech!)

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:04 PM PST

    About 10-15 years ago in the UK my friend had what appeared to be a BT payphone as their landline phone. They weren't the most wealthy of families, and so they'd call a number, let it ring for a few seconds then hang up and hope the other person dialled 1471, realised it was them and called back. They'd also have a few 20p coins (I think, maybe 10p coins) next to the phone in case they actually had to talk to the person they called.

    My question is can anyone give me more information about how this worked please? E.g. how much it cost per minute, did they have to pay line rental still, how often would the phone have been emptied, what stopped them cheating the system and tying a coin to some string and pulling it back out, and is this system still available?

    submitted by /u/RBback
    [link] [comments]

    How are compiled programs(e.g .exe files) converted into data packets for transmission across the internet?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I tried to google to find the answer but to no avail, I'm wondering how files get converted into transmittable data, and also if it's a compiled file e.g an exe file does this cause further issues?

    submitted by /u/magnusrn123
    [link] [comments]

    You know how when you drag and click on your desktop the rectangle is blue? Mine isn’t how do I fix that

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    Tile reliability

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:50 PM PST

    Hi

    I am thinking of getting some Tile products to track my keys and wallet but all the reviews on YouTube seem to be mindless shills with no real nuance. I was wondering if anybody here has used their products and can maybe tell me wether they're actually worth getting.

    I see that they have a premium plan ontop of having to buy their hardware which I don't really like.

    Would love to hear what everybody has to say.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Milo_Xx
    [link] [comments]

    Porting only my texts to a new iPhone

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Hi, all! I recently bought an iPhone 12 after limping around with a half-working SE for months. I brought over most of my essentials (contacts, photos) via iCloud, but I haven't found a way to move my texts over.

    For context, the SE is running iOS 10 (and is too broken to update), so iCloud doesn't include message storage, and setting up my new phone from a complete backup of my old one resulted in a bunch of bugs (missing notifications), so I had to start mostly from scratch.

    Is there a way to bring over my texts that doesn't involve iCloud or restoring from a backup?

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/MasterSmiley
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iPhone chargers

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:15 PM PST

    I'm fed up with chucking away apple iPhone cables because they're always splitting, I bought a braided/metallic charger cable from Tesco for about £10, a lot more sturdy but seems to charge slower.

    I want to get a second charger in similar style, there's loads of cheap ones on eBay (about £3), I know they may not last or even work properly given their price, but I'm wondering if using one of these could actually damage the phone?

    submitted by /u/MartiMa08
    [link] [comments]

    Need an internal Blu-Ray RE recommendation

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 01:40 PM PST

    I haven't bought a CD since the 2000's. I'm building a new PC and want to have an optical drive, so I want to go with something much newer. I'm assuming all Blu-Ray drives are backwards compatible with DVD/CD's, and as such can read/write to both. But when it comes to Blu-Ray drives, I'm a bit at a loss if they can all read/write single/dual/XL discs etc.

    It will need to be an internal optical drive. Also, any pros/cons of Asus vs LG for these? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mylegalusername
    [link] [comments]

    How can i make a private stream to watch movies with some friends?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Tried youtube but got copyrighted, any veterans advice?

    submitted by /u/RoyalDoyen
    [link] [comments]

    Automatically extend monitor when second monitor is turned on

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:23 AM PST

    Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to switch beetween extend monitor and show monitor 1 automatically when I turn on/off my second monitor.

    The reason is that I use voice commands to turn on/off the second monitor often because when I watch videos I don't want it on but the problem is that I often forget to window+p and change the setting so I lose my pointer because windows thinks the second monitor is still there.

    I use windows 10.

    Is there a way or is it impossible?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Davenzo
    [link] [comments]

    Can I acces wifi router logs if the wifi setting menu doesn't have that option?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:59 AM PST

    I want to access wifi logs, but I can't access it. The router model manual(that I found on internet) says that it has that feature but the internet provider changed the whole menu.

    Are there any 3rd party apps that allow me to see logs from all connected devices?

    submitted by /u/Resident_Law2410
    [link] [comments]

    What should I buy?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Hello guys I really need your help.. I'm confused between 1-Galaxy note 20 ultra snapdragon 2-I phone 12 pro max Answer with reasons please 🙏🌹

    submitted by /u/Venom-_-e11a
    [link] [comments]

    Why does windows only SOMETIMES ask me if I should allow a program to connect to the internet?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:03 AM PST

    Occasionally when I start a new program, windows firewall will ask me "Should I let this program connect to the internet?"

    Why does it only do it sometimes, and not every time I start a new program?

    submitted by /u/corrado33
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment