• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Best way to store a power bank that I'm rarely going to use?

    Tech Support - Best way to store a power bank that I'm rarely going to use?


    Best way to store a power bank that I'm rarely going to use?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Is it "put in cold place and charge it halfway once a year"?

    submitted by /u/LittleFeeler
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a chance my phone has a virus due to my laptop

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:33 AM PST

    I usually switch on hotspot on my phone to use my laptop, my laptop might have a virus, does that mean that my phone also has a chance of getting the virus.

    submitted by /u/AaravBhatia1234
    [link] [comments]

    M1 macbook for virtualization?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:15 PM PST

    Hi There, I'm looking forward to getting the brand new m1 macbook pro but I'm a little confused since my role as an IT engineer makes me a regular user of virtual machines and till now parallel and VMware fusion isn't yet supported by the new apple silicon chip but without a confirmation date.

    I have no previous experience of the MBP as this will be my first use.

    But in general, Is macOS a great choice for an IT engineer whose main work depends on the Virtualization of machines, should I go for the ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14?.

    All what I need is a reliable device that smoothly gets my work done without complaining about any issues (heat, build-quality, .....)

    Wish to be concerned

    submitted by /u/Ready-Sky4534
    [link] [comments]

    How to automatically load latest news without manually reloading?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:39 PM PST

    I have an android tablet that I want to use as a news feed as a standby. I tried using Google news but I have to scroll down to see other news.

    How can I make it deliver constant news updates without needing to reload or scroll?

    submitted by /u/One-Alone
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever ordered stuff from HP official website?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:28 PM PST

    I ordered a laptop around the black friday time period and the estimated delivery date says December 14 from day one but my order status is still stuck at the same spot for days. Anyone ordered from them before? Is this common practice for them?

    submitted by /u/Johnthebabayagawick
    [link] [comments]

    If I reset a laptop, what will happen to the software?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    I just got a used laptop from eBay. It currently has windows 10. I plan to do a factory reset to try to clear any potential viruses and what not. Will windows 10 be deleted and go back to the default software? Will I have to pay $100 to get my own copy of windows 10 to install on the laptop?

    submitted by /u/mr_big_brain
    [link] [comments]

    What is a real alternative to Google photos?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:56 AM PST

    One of the most important features for me is having all of my pictures available through my phone, without taking any space, and being searchable by keywords and location. Google does an impressive job at that, using their AI to recognise what's in your picture. Is there any other system that does that? Could I do something similar myself? Or is there any open source alternative?

    submitted by /u/thr0whuawe1
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what this site is

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:46 PM PST

    I am talking about chaotic.org . Does anybody knows what this site is?

    submitted by /u/Hellsing2861
    [link] [comments]

    PCB issue with my daughters ride-on car, please help!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I have removed the main PCB for my daughters car and I believe these>>>> 16074577827191367590351318383736.jpg two (rectifiers[OAIO MIC] anode sides) leads connected is the problem? Everything else I test seems to work and I'm confused, please help me out r/asktechnology!

    I can post more pics if you needed, thanks.

    submitted by /u/jraw692
    [link] [comments]

    What tech: Record pets a night

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:51 PM PST

    So I trying to figure out what our cats are up to in our apartment at night.
    And see all these cool night vision looking videos of pets doing funny things on Reddit/social media.

    What kind of tech do I need to record one room for one sleep cycle to try to figure out what they are up to? (Do I need an IR light source or something?)

    (What I got that might be useful: 1x Raspberry Pi, 1x desktop computer, 1x Synology NAS, 1x Dell laptop with a built-in webcam. 1x iPhone 10. And a Sony DSC-RX100 digital camera)

    submitted by /u/SteffenEB
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it safe to save passwords on your browser?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:42 AM PST

    How can we ensure that the browser does not give your password to anyone else?

    Chrome allows you to sync your password across devices, which means that your password is not only stored locally on your device, but on your Google account. How do users ensure that Google don't share their password to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/apathetic__operator
    [link] [comments]

    Is getting an iPhone X a good decision in my situation?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Hello everybody! Long story short, I am someone who is on a tight budget and is seemingly always behind tech trends. I have been using an iPhone 6Plus for over 4 years now and have been reconciling with the fact that I'll have to buy a new phone sometime soon. I do like iPhones and would like to keep having one, so I don't mind buying one a few years behind like I did in 2016.

    Recently I've also been looking for a cheap camera to shoot 4K video with. At first I was expecting to just suck it up and get another year out of my phone and pay for a cheap 300EUR used camera, but then I realized that the iPhone X might be two birds with one stone considering it has a camera similar to old cameras I'd find for my budget anyway and I would also not have to worry about getting a new phone in addition to that.

    I found a used 256GB iPhone X for 380EUR - they say the battery is 73-76% what it started with. Is that a good deal? Is there anything I should be wary of or should check out in person before purchasing? Is the camera not that good after all? Is there anything I should know?

    Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I'm fine to make that purchase if need be, but would like to know exactly what I should going in and researching these things is difficult when wading through years-old sales pitches and vehement Apple haters.

    I understand that I can probably get the same features for cheaper with an Android, but I really would like to keep using an iPhone if possible.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/brianteur
    [link] [comments]

    Does this type of device exist?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:02 AM PST

    I need a device for asset tracking. I don't need anything high tech like a GPS and I don't need real time info. Basically what I need is a small device similar to a TILE PRO but would simply be passive and record the available wifi networks in proximity and note the wifi network name- time-date-duration in proximity. When needed I could simply connect the device to my phone via bluetooth and view location history of the device. Does this device exist? I do not want an App, I need a physical device. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/caparem
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me with getting the values from the digital meter to raspberry pi

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:39 AM PST

    I am doing a project on automating a hydroponic system to grow tomatoes. I need a TDS sensor to measure Total Dissolved salts. I searched a lot for a sensor but I was not able to find a sensor that satisfies my requirement. I need a sensor that can measure high ppm. But, the sensors are only capable of measuring 1000ppm. Some Handheld TDS meters which give digital output are capable of measuring (0 - 9990 ppm). Is there a way to get the value that shows in digital display on handheld TDS meter to a raspberry pi so that I can trigger a process depending on the value? I am okay with performing any task to make this possible. I am wondering if there is a way to change any wire connections and connecting them to pi which gives the solution. Any suggestions, please??

    Some Handheld TDS meters:

    amazon

    mi

    submitted by /u/Muhamed_suhail
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment