• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 19, 2020

    Tech Support - Are there kitchen toasters that DON'T use filament heating elements?

    Tech Support - Are there kitchen toasters that DON'T use filament heating elements?


    Are there kitchen toasters that DON'T use filament heating elements?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Is there such a thing?

    • Will it cost in the $50 USD range? Or if you know of such a toaster, a reasonable price, I'm not interested in $500+, but maybe I can search to the ends of the internet)
    • I want an even toast, not just the parts that get heated from the spaced-out filaments, giving the bread the zebra look
    • Maybe if the filaments are too close together they could cause a fire, I don't know. I'm curious because a grid would do a better job.
    • Maybe there's a better sub to ask this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/digispin
    [link] [comments]

    are all new gpus set to no spin until they get too hot?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:29 AM PST

    I've always had a gtx960 and back then I think the fact that the fans didnt spin until they hit 60c was a gimmick for the card. But, nowadays do they spin always or has this been for the main part mostly implimented into all gpus? thanks! aka.. do the new 3080s ect fans always spin?

    submitted by /u/nelska2006
    [link] [comments]

    How does a subreddit determine that a person's using a different alias in order to post a message on a sub that she/he has been banned from?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:33 AM PST

    I was banned on a particular sub, and I posted another message on it using another one of my aliases. I realize that Mods probably looks at everyone's digital fingerprint (i.e. one's browser, one's geolocation, IP address, etc.), so how would I post a message using an alias to a sub that I've already been banned from?

    submitted by /u/SellingWhileBrown
    [link] [comments]

    I have a headset which I can plug into my computer. I'd like a splitter, but not one that splits it into mic and audio desperately, but allows me to plug my device in twice. How possible is this?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:07 AM PST

    If it's not, please let me know the official name for a headset(mic/audio) cable?

    submitted by /u/agoesin
    [link] [comments]

    Are all laptop keyboards the same?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:02 PM PST

    My S key cap broke off when I tried to remove it and I can't attach it back now. And I would rather spend money on replacing one key cap rather than the whole keyboard.

    But on the Internet there are various key caps depending on laptop, screen size, etc. Thus, I'd like to know if they are the same for all laptops out there or not.

    submitted by /u/toujoursenextase
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to boot pc (watchdog pnp)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:30 PM PST

    Hi,

    My pc suddenly hits no bootable device and watchdog pnp error. I am trying to fix it, have downloaded the MediaCreationTool. Should I be using the option USB flash drive or should I be using the ISO file?

    Am a little confused, I am currently following this thread's steps (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-can-i-fix-driver-pnp-watchdog-error-if-windows/f9e6c237-f727-437e-8a31-21077000dd8d)

    Need some help on guidance. Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/heavyarms20
    [link] [comments]

    Multi step unlock

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:07 PM PST

    Hey guys, I just got the Samsung 5G A71 and I really like it. Its got features that my old phone did not have, such as facial recognition finger print unlock.

    So what I want to know is if there's anyway to make it so that it requires multiple steps to unlock? For instance, I have to use my thumb print and my pin to unlock it.

    submitted by /u/_CURATOR__
    [link] [comments]

    My phone doesn't detect SIM card

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:35 PM PST

    I've got dual SIM and two cards installed - both of them work on my phone, but i've bought a new card recently and my phone doesn't detect it. I tried to put a new sim card in another phone and it works. I don't have SIM card lock setted up. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

    submitted by /u/avarage_meloman
    [link] [comments]

    Micro sd reading 4k

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:26 PM PST

    Just wondering if we just want to play 4k videos on a tablet (Tab S6) would we need U3?

    submitted by /u/teemo03
    [link] [comments]

    Internet question

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Can someone explain to me internet plans Weve had 5mbps for years and now im seeing 100mbps plans for the same as were paying for just 5, whats going on here?

    submitted by /u/NissanZisLIFE
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer audio from one iPhone to another to transcribe

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I have a hearing loss when I was a child. I am currently in Germany in which the language is new to me. I have difficulty when listening and understand the language in many circumstances. Just yesterday, I found out that I can transcribe audio with my iPhone, however, from one speaker to another microphone the sound loss so much quality hence the app can not transcribe it correctly. I can transfer files from one to another but not for the phone call or live stream.

    My question is, is that any cable/device that can help me to transfer audio from one iPhone to another (preferably iPhone) without quality loss so I can transcribe it.

    Sorry for my English and I appreciate any help. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/letunglam
    [link] [comments]

    is HDR and 10bpc different?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Was reading this https://linustechtips.com/topic/707565-10-bpc-display-this-isnt-hdr-so-what-is-it/ and it confuses me.

    Does this mean 10bpc isn't HDR? Can I use 10bpc without enabling HDR in windows? AMD seems to let me set it to that setting. I don't really care about having a high range of brightness in terms of total dark/total white I just wanted 10 bits per colour channels for more colour combinations...

    HDR hurts my eyes because apparently you're supposed to have the brightness on max or it loses quality so I always turn HDR off and then turn amd settings to 8bpc instead of 10bpc because I thought only HDR could display 10bpc hence being called "hdr10" but looking at that forum it seems incorrect so I'm very confused.

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing thermal compound..

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:40 PM PST

    ..but wondering what this greenish compound is and how to replace?

    Bonus points if you have any ideas for a project for this old atom based mini pc. I used it for Kodi back in the day but it would run extremely hot. Looking to give it a new purpose.

    submitted by /u/20325
    [link] [comments]

    is this build good for vr

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:51 PM PST

    cpu: intel i9 9900k gpu: geforce rtx 3080 ram: 32gb motherboard: asus rog strix power: evga supernova 650 storage: 2tb

    submitted by /u/FPR_rokoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Free Text to Speech Software

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Hi! I need to convert text to speech for a video. So if there is any free text to speech software, lemme know.

    I am working on this video in which I have to explain my senior year project (UG computer science student here). Can't wait to graduate.

    submitted by /u/err_stack
    [link] [comments]

    Why is GPS so prevalent in cell phones and smart watches but so rare in pet is tags?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:05 AM PST

    The only "gps" tags for dogs and cats require you to download an app and tell you if your smartphone is near the device. It doesn't track and tell you where the pet is like child ID cellphones do.

    submitted by /u/CloudsBreathArea
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung A71 Screen Unresponsive When Using Phone Clamp for Photography

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Oye Beltalowdas...

    I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a A71. Clearly these phones are like night and day. Anyway, I always used a phone clamp (the screw down type) when using the S7 while making videos because I also had an external microphone and wanted the devices side by side. Anyway, the setup always worked just fine.

    However, when using a phone clamp on the A71, the screen becomes partially unresponsive, as if I am squeezing something inside that is not tolerating the pressure like the S7. Even the slightest pressure creates some unresponsiveness. The second I take the clamp off, it works fine.

    I don't want to keep using my phone clamp because I'm concerned about damaging the phone, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, and what your solution was?

    submitted by /u/Lumber56Gnome
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment