• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 21, 2020

    Tech Support - Cool tech to blow $3000 on

    Tech Support - Cool tech to blow $3000 on


    Cool tech to blow $3000 on

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:23 PM PST

    During holiday sales I plan to buy a sonos sub for my living room. I already have a sound bar and surround speakers.

    I dont have a tv with e-arc. I heard there is a new lg that is pretty nice. I don't really watch a ton of tv or game very often though.

    There are some cool curved monitors. I currently have 2 24" monitors pushed next to each other. It's ok. Only complaints are the black boarders of the monitors in between them and having to press the power button on both to turn them on.

    I've got a quest 2.

    I have a laptop and a good desktop. I had a tablet. Never used it.

    I have a good phone.

    Are there any awesome pieces of tech I could get? I am kind of interested in a drone.. but not sure I would be super into it.

    $3000 is just a made up number. There really isn't a budget. I live frugal and have a good job. Plenty in savings. Time to treat myself and keep myself busy over winter!!

    submitted by /u/yodudez01
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to do internet journaling

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Hello, so I'm 20 and I was wondering how could I do internet journaling and online diary entries. I've done some research and I found that you can use google sites or blogger but I was wondering whether these platforms have enough storage space for me to upload all of my content on for the years to come (I apologise if what I'm saying sounds dumb but I have very little to no knowledge about stuff like this)

    submitted by /u/butt_acne
    [link] [comments]

    So I’ve been learning more about internet security and Vpns and I have some questions....

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:27 PM PST

    So after a simple question before I came across things such as IP and ISP and was instantly confused and anxious knowing just how much of my data could be known. So I did some research and VPN came up... I still have a lot of questions

    -does your browser data on your ISP/IP get deleted after a time? I know they can see what websites you visit and unless it's encrypted they can see exactly what you typed. But either way does it eventually get deleted after a couple years or is it just there forever?

    -when one gets a VPN I know it protects the information used from then on out but what about the data before you got one? Or....

    -is your internet activity like a box or door? Like only when it's opened the IP or ISP can see it and with a VPN they cannot do so? So unless they looked into it before you got a VPN they can no I get access to it?

    -how much does it generally cost? I tried looking at their prices but the one was like "6 dollars a month!" But underweight was like "charged 99 dollars for the first 15 months and 12 months there after" am I just dumb and didn't read it right?

    submitted by /u/CreepyDoll17
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 3090 "Code B2 Load VGA Bios" @ Threadripper 1950X

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    Just got my Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3090 Xtreme in the mail and popped it into my PC in full excitement. However, my Zenith Extreme motherboard (X399/TR4) states the following error code: "Code B2 Load VGA Bios"

    I have updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and have the latest motherboard BIOS from Asus. Is this GPU even compatible with my system at all?

    Would love to hear from you, thank you.

    submitted by /u/ProjectJamesify
    [link] [comments]

    Frankensteining a Wacom DTH-W1300 (Companion 1)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:24 PM PST

    I have lying in front of me all the bits and pieces of a Wacom Cintiq companion 1. I haven't been able to get it to turn on for longer than 10 seconds in a while, so I'm thinking of seeing what I can salvage.

    I want to know it it'd be possible to turn it into a touch capable monitor of sorts. Extra points if it's possible to keep the wacom-ness like pen pressure sensitivity and whatnot.

    I'm pretty much a novice at working with wires and cables and stuff, but, I'm pretty good at taking things apart without hurting anything, which is what I've done. Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/QueenOfM1schief
    [link] [comments]

    Any alternatives to Facebook Portal TV for TV-based videoconferencing?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I'd like to have my parents use their TV for videoconferencing if possible. My parents have some health problems that mean something like a tablet computer is not going to work for them. All I can find in the consumer market is Facebook Portal TV, which would be perfect if it was made by anyone other than Facebook. The privacy concerns of having a Facebook-connected device with a camera and microphone in the family living room are just terrible.

    My parents are not super tech savvy. I think the most I can ask of them is to use the "switch input" button on their remote. Any solution would need to be a one-button or two-button affair.

    I can't find any consumer devices. Are there any business class or similar devices I might not be seeing right away?

    submitted by /u/EZ-PEAS
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my phone never crash but my computer does?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:54 PM PST

    I'm one of those people who leaves a ton of tabs open, on my phone (iPhone 8) I regularly reach Safari's max tab limit of 500. I also have lots of tabs open on my computer (MacBook air, 1 year old), though not quite as much, probably a bit over 200 tabs. My question is why does my MacBook occasionally crash or often slow down when I have a bunch of tabs open but my older phone has never crashed and doesn't seem to slow down at all.

    submitted by /u/Far_Grass_785
    [link] [comments]

    Something very weird happend to my PC, and I need some answers.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 05:34 PM PST

    Hello, today I broke my computer... by unplugging the monitor while the PC was on. When I did it the computer shutted down and when I turned it back on, it was stuck on a loop of windows automatic repair. Turns out parts of my disks got corrupted (not much but a sizable amount) including windows drivers, and that caused windows to go into endless repair mode. I fixed it with doing a chkdsk on disks and reinstalling windows. My disks were not harmed, only most of my applications were corrupted and now I have to reinstall all of that crap.

    Here is my question. What the hell happend?

    submitted by /u/wister808
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to convert from Google Photos to iCloud?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Hi,

    I've never had a paid iCloud account. I've always just used the free 50gb to back up my iPhone (except photos and videos). For those, I've just used the Google Photos app to upload them to Google Photos, then deleted them from my phone because I frequently ran out of space.

    However, there were plenty of Photos I emailed to myself from my phone or texted to people using my phone (so the originals were still on my phone--just in the text messages area). At one point, I bought a program that let me extract all of them.

    Well, now I have a paid iCloud plan with enough space to hold my photos and videos. But here I sit with:

    1) A ton of photos and videos (compressed a little bit by Google) on Google Photos.

    2) A ton of original photos and videos on my hard drive.

    3) While there's 90% overlap between 1) and 2), I have some Photos and videos that are only on Google and some that are only on my hard drive.

    I want to convert entirely to iCloud, and in terms of priority, I would like to have my originals more than anything, followed by whatever compressed Google images to fill in the gaps, without creating duplicates.

    I'm hoping someone in the know about how this works can chime in.

    Should I download all of my Google Photos in a zip file, unzip it, and upload all of them to iCloud using my laptop? Then, drag all of my originals from my hard drive to iCloud in hopes that they'll overwrite any of the compressed Google ones with the originals (maybe it checks file names?) and then fill in my library with any other Photos and videos that weren't already there. But I'm not sure if that's actually how it works.

    Does that make any sense?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    File name forensics

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:49 PM PST

    I have a video that I am trying to get more information about. I believe this video to have been shot on November 10th 2019, but the person in the video claims that the video was made roughly 4 years ago and only just SENT on that November 10th 2019 date by the other party. The file name includes November 10th/11th 2019 (I'm confused why both dates appear). I have the exif data here below. Based on this information here (resolution etc) what do you believe to be true? Also, I see the date on this data as saying November 11th 2019, but is it possible that it was filmed on a camera, possibly edited, then uploaded to a computer and the file name would change when sent to the receipents phone? Please help! This is very important to me.

    File Name: VID_20191110_214647.mp4 File Size: 27 MB File Type: MP4 File Type Extension: mp4 Mime Type: video/mp4 Major Brand: MP4 v2 [ISO 14496-14] Minor Version: 0.0.0

    Created by : Digital Video Camera Create Date: 2019:11:11 03:04:17 Modify Date: 2019:11:11 03:04:17 Time Scale: 90000 Duration: 0:01:13 Preferred Rate: 1 Preferred Volume: 100.00%

    Track Duration: 0:01:13 Track Layer:0 Track Volume:0.00% Image Width: 1080 Image Height: 1920 Compressor Id: avc1 Source Image Width: 1080 Source Image Height: 1920 X Resolution: 72 Y Resolution: 72 Bit Depth: 24 Video Frame Rate: 29.722 Graphics Mode: srcCopy

    Format Name: mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 Format Long Name: QuickTime / MOV Start Time: 0 Duration: 73.398278 Size: 28356046 Bit Rate: 3090649 Probe Score: 100 Major Brand: mp42 Minor Version:0 Compatible Brands: isommp42 Creation Time: 2019-11-11T03:04:17.000000Z

    submitted by /u/ArmedNDangerous
    [link] [comments]

    A mysterious, sudden flood of month-old messages in voicemail

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:38 PM PST

    I have T-mobile, and I have visual voicemail setup. 2 days ago, I checked my visual voicemail to delete some 3 - 4 day old messages. I emptied my inbox of the 3 messages and taped refresh a few times to make sure there was nothing else.

    About 30 minutes ago, my phone starts going crazy with notifications. I check my phone to see that my voice mail is completely full, and more messages probably on the way.

    The strange thing is that all of these messages are timestamped from 1 - 2 months ago. They're all from people I don't know, looking for the same person who isn't me. I can understand a wrong number, but don't understand the delay in receiving the messages.

    I also don't have any missed calls or blocked spam calls from that time frame. They just showed up out of thin air.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/the_burger-man
    [link] [comments]

    Dimming of led lights

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:15 PM PST

    Dimming feture on remote doesn't seem to have visible difference

    submitted by /u/IMPICKETT221
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a program or method I can use to display and play gif files all at once in a collage format?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:10 AM PST

    I have been researching this for a while now and I haven't really found a clear cut solution. I have a lot of gif files saved (some are saved as files on my computer and others I just have the source links saved as favorites on sites like Reddit). I'm using a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop (Intel Core i7 8th Gen, NVIDIA GEFORCE card, Windows 10 64bit, 16 gb RAM, not sure what else is helpful but please ask and I'll try my best to provide more info). I just want to find a way to basically be able to open as many gifs as I want simultaneously (think essentially a big photo collage but instead of pictures it's all of the gif files arranged and playing at the same time). Does anyone know of a program/website/app that can do this? I have most MS Office 365 programs available to use as well in case something helpful exists there too. I just haven't been able to find anything close to what I need for this purpose. I'd consider paying for a program too but with so many gifs circulating online I have to imagine someone is doing this or can already. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Moonwlkr50
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best mini computer I get for a mix of value and performance?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Target range would be under $200 but I'm flexible. I would like to primarily use it as a set top box for streaming but I would like it be available to used as a web book in case my work computer every dies. It's so hard to get caught up in the specs and figures of each model and online review so any guidance would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/PM_me_your_biz_ideas
    [link] [comments]

    Make a dual monitor display with an old laptop and two TV's

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:43 AM PST

    I have two spare TV's of roughly the same size and an old laptop that no one is using right now. Is there is a way I could make these into a dual monitor display that I could basically use like a desktop?

    If someone could just confirm or deny that it is possible and then point me in the right direction then that would be amazing!

    submitted by /u/it_was_a_diversion
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 help

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:58 AM PST

    My ps4 has started becoming EXTREMELY slow. It's slow loading up all my applications even when they're up and I select them it won't load. Just logging in takes at least 3 mins. I tried rebuilding database, limiting the number of applications in my home screen. The storage has 35 gb left. Yes I tried turning it off and back on. After all these attempts to fix it using different methods with no results I'm starting to believe it could be something with my hard drive can someone with more tech knowledge confirm my suspicions or has anyone had the same problem and found a way to fix it

    submitted by /u/IMJINGJOE
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad pro 2020 vs Ipad air 2020

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I'm stuck at a cross roads because I need to buy a tablet for my upcoming semester at university but the choice between the pro and air is making me very indecisive. The air has higher clock speeds in single core and gpu applications while the pro is superior at just about everything else, which tablet would more superior in terms of future proofing?

    submitted by /u/Pantagruelian1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment