• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 14, 2020

    Tech Support - The website from which I earn my livelihood won’t load when I am connected to my home WiFi, but loads just fine when using LTE data?

    Tech Support - The website from which I earn my livelihood won’t load when I am connected to my home WiFi, but loads just fine when using LTE data?


    The website from which I earn my livelihood won’t load when I am connected to my home WiFi, but loads just fine when using LTE data?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Got fucking permanently banned from r/techsupport for posting this, so let me say that I am NOT SOLICITING, do NOT sign up for my stupid onlyfans. I am dead fucking seriously experiencing the following issue. Please help me figure this out.

    I'm an onlyfans "model" or whatever. Today, I noticed that my onlyfans link in particular will not load when I am connected to my home WiFi network, but will load just fine when I disconnect WiFi. I certainly haven't blocked myself from visiting my own onlyfans, so I am all the way confused as to why this might be happening. Other models' onlyfans links will load just fine. It's just mine that won't load when I am connected to my WiFi for some reason.

    Have tried on a windows PC, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Max (updated to iOS 14.2) and my MacBook. Have tried on google chrome, safari, and even Instagram's web browser that pops up when you click a bio link. Internet provider is xfinity if that matters.

    Onlyfans tech support says everything is fine on their end, and there are no restrictions on my account or anything.

    My boyfriend is experiencing the exact same thing on all of his devices— when connected to our WiFi, it won't load. When using LTE data, it loads. Wtf is going on with our WiFi...?

    https://gfycat.com/genuinetautlangur https://gfycat.com/tepidphonycockatiel https://gfycat.com/warmheartedshimmeringcoqui

    Thank you to anyone taking the time to respond.

    submitted by /u/rrrroasted
    [link] [comments]

    Is there ANY possible way to hardwire into house internet without touching the modem?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 06:20 PM PST

    I am attempting to work from home. I finally found a job that will let me do this. But they are asking that when I take my computer home that I hardwire into the internet there. It's really hard to explain, but the people I'm living with won't let me touch the modem. I'm trying to see if there's anyway to still hardwire into internet of the house without really touching the modem. Like maybe I could get a router and hook into that? Or maybe I could use one of those WIFI extenders and hook an ethernet cable into that (like this or this )? It's really coming down to the fact that I might just have to buy my own internet plan and hook into that. Any other alternatives anyone could lend to me I would appreciate.

    submitted by /u/Brebis12345
    [link] [comments]

    I want a device I can plug into my wall that will let me connect to the internet from across the house

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 08:41 PM PST

    I can't use a two device broadline adapter, my current situation is not compatible with that. My router is stuck in the little corner of a room forty feet from my computer across multiple walls, and there's only one outlet near it.
    I bought a Linksys AC1750 to try and act as a ethernet range extender but that didn't work-either I set it up wrong or it's just too far away to connect. Is there anything like a broadline adapter that I can use but it'll just connect to the dang router. Hopefully something I can plug into a wall and then connect to via ethernet but I'll take anything. Price is an object but I can drop like 200 bucks on this if I need to.

    submitted by /u/BrandenburgVZ
    [link] [comments]

    All consequences of running out of VRAM in games other than FPS drops?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:40 PM PST

    So, I've had this question for a while and I hope it's the right place to ask. It's mainly for curiosity sake, but also for making better purchase decisions in the future.

    The question: running out of VRAM has a few obvious consequences, such as FPS drops and stutters that have surely been explained before here in this subreddit and everwhere else, but what are the other consequences of it, if any?

    Does running out of VRAM increase CPU usage for the CPU having to reload texures or allocate them into RAM or something?

    Does running out of VRAM visually affect the game textures, making them look worse or take longer to load the HD version of them in (in games that have that, such as Borderlands and Genshin Impact), or those texture loads aren't affected by VRAM?

    Are there other consequences that running out of VRAM might cause, other than FPS drops and the ones asked above, that most people don't know or talk about?

    submitted by /u/TBlazeWarriorT
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for robust tablet arm mount that isn't "fall on face" prone

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:32 PM PST

    I am looking for a sturdy tablet arm mount that works similarly to a normal computer monitor mount. I use something like this at work (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/312dercowbL.jpg). Ideally, I would like to find a clamp that can secure the tablet properly, and screws onto a computer monitor mount. More context below, but the features I am looking for are: 1) The tablet has to be secured by the corners. 2) The release mechanism must not be something that can be easily triggered by accidentally snagging or bumping into it. 3) The tablet should still be reasonably easy to remove from the mount when needed (i.e. security enclosure is too much) 4)The tablet need to be able to face almost completely downward and still hold steady. 5)The hinges and joints have to be strong, and does not "droop".

    Additional Context: I am looking for a gift for my mother. She wants to be able to use her tablet to watch movies while lying in her bed without having to hold the tablet. I've been searching for a suitable tablet mount, but manufacturers seem to all think tablets are just slightly larger phones. Most of them just lightly clamp the the tablet on the edges with easily mistriggered quick release mechanism, and held with a flimsy ball and socket or loose hinges. Knowing my incredibly uncoordinated mother, her normal use case would be lying fully flat on her bed with the tablet hanging right above her face. She will then inevitably bump into the mount, and either the tablet, or the whole mount will fall right on her face.

    Thank you in advance for the help

    Edit: I should probably also mention, her "tablet" is the Surface Pro, which is, to my knowledgr, a lot heavier than normal tablets

    submitted by /u/teitat
    [link] [comments]

    Third party email spam filter for individual users?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 10:35 AM PST

    I've been trying to find a free or reasonably priced web -based spam filter geared towards individual users. Something like fusemail / vipre that does not require software running on the local machine.

    submitted by /u/teamkoenig
    [link] [comments]

    Native 4K 120hz issue on my LG TV

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I hope this is the correct sub for this kind of post.

    I recently picked up the new Xbox series X console and am having issues with it recognising my TV resolution as 4K 120hz compatible, even while using HMDI 2.1

    My TV is the LG SM8600PUA which lists its native resolution as 4K capable with 120hz refresh (upscaling to 240)

    Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

    Thanks again,

    submitted by /u/TheKosmonavt2
    [link] [comments]

    Where to host large file PDFs

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:17 AM PST

    Looking for a site to host a large file pdf, around 170mb. Are there any good sites for this? Everything I've found can't host something this large.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RIKOCHIKONIKO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment