• Breaking News

    Friday, November 6, 2020

    Tech Support - How do I make my NBN capable phone work with my NBN modem?

    Tech Support - How do I make my NBN capable phone work with my NBN modem?


    How do I make my NBN capable phone work with my NBN modem?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:40 PM PST

    So I got an NBN capable phone, that is supposed to work if I plug it into my NBN modem, and apparantly it doesn't matter what type of NBN I have (FTTP, FTTN, FTTC, FW, etc)

    However the phone only can accept an old school phone cable, and the only cars I have can only plug into a phone socket.

    But when I rang tech support, they said that I have to use VOIP to access a phone via the NBN, but that they will send me a "Magic VOIP Box" (they didn't add magic to that, I did) but I'm getting some kind of box that will allow me to use the phone. Somehow it converts internet to phone and phone to internet.

    They sent it Monday, it's now Friday, apparantly it was supposed to be here Wednesday.

    Anyway, all that aside.

    Wife needs a magic VOIP Box by Monday, but literally I tried explaining this to every retail store around me and they said my phone should work, I need to plug my phone directly into my Modem, my modem is a D-Link VIPER 2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Modem Router and the phone is a Panasonic KX-TGM422 which says "Compatible with NBN"

    Is there some kind of cable I get that I plug one end into a LAN port and one end into the phone?

    What is an alternative name for this "Magic VOIP Box"

    Aussie Broadband has it listed on their website as the "Grandstream HT812 VoIP Phone Adapter", O really don't care if I get that one, they've said I can return it, and googling anything to try and get that leads me to software solutions like Skype.

    If I was to walk into Officeworks or JB Hi-Fi and buy something off the shelf to plug into my Modem, what am I looking for?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    IRL Livestream with Phone and Android

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:28 AM PST

    This may be difficult as I am unable to find definite answers after days of reading around.

    I will use my Android Phone with OTG Cable to connect to a Video Card to connect to a Action Camera. I will be using 'CameraFi Live' app or other alternative.

    Information

    I want to charge my Android while using OTG at the same time. My android, Samsung A7 2018,have a Micro USB port. I researched there is no way for it to use OTG and Charge at the same time. However I researched and have seen many markets for Type C OTG Hub and heard that it is able to use OTG and Charge at the same time.

    Question

    1. Can i convert my Micro USB to a Type C to be able to use OTG and Charge for livestream?
    2. Is there any dangers around it?
    3. If I am unable to use my Micro USB Samsung phone, what is an alternative to livestream for an Iphone 7 to Action Cam instead?
    submitted by /u/Winter-Midnights
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to send video files to someone?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:16 PM PST

    My grandpa is 86 and is having a hard time opening my videos files I send via Google Drive. I'm not sure why they wont work for him- he has a gmail account as well. But, anyway, is there another way to send high-quality video files of no more than 2-3 minutes in length? Hopefully something he can save.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DukesDuke
    [link] [comments]

    Hardware device to track weather changes near me

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:26 PM PST

    What are some good devices I can put outside to track weather changes where I live - wind changes, barometric pressure changes, sunlight, etc?

    I'd like the device to track this data and store the data on the device, and then I would like get the data from it periodically, and maybe access the data as a CSV spreadsheet file or through an API.

    submitted by /u/pieintheskywhy
    [link] [comments]

    How much worse are the parts of a laptop compared to a desktop?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 09:04 PM PST

    I have a laptop with a 1660 ti and an intel i7 9750h and 16gb of ram. I would like to know how powerful it is compared to its theoretical desktop counterpart, as well as my own desktop that I built with an rx 580 and a Ryzen 5 2600 and 16gb of ram as well.

    I'm familiar with PC parts and tech in general, but I've never thought about wether or not laptops are significantly weaker.

    submitted by /u/PunkStone
    [link] [comments]

    Google alerts is a pain! Please help!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:25 PM PST

    I have to create approximately 600 individual alerts, it's taking hours to do. There any option to do create them quickly? They HAVE to be separate , individual alerts.

    submitted by /u/nothataylor
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fix my Laptop?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:00 PM PST

    Hi guys, I currently have a Dell Latitude Laptop (idk what model it is). But whenever I turn it on there is no display(not even the logo) but theres just beeps. 1 long beep 2 shorts then a pause then another 2 shorts. I tried replacing the ram but it is still the same. Based on my research it is a cmos issue so I replaced it with a new one but still nothing.

    submitted by /u/cast_bound1500
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to erase all data on my phone and stop being identified with previous uses?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:00 PM PST

    If I reset my android, is it in any way traceable by apps like airbnb? They seem to be recognizing my previous connections even after full reseting. How is this possible ?

    Is there anyway to avoid that? I was looking into changing mac address, but it seems that mac address only applies for wifi connection not mobile. So that means that if I reset the phone + I use mobile network, they can't possibly identify my phone, that my phone was used before to connect to airbnb?

    submitted by /u/SufficientSecond5283
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Bleach Dispenser in a Washing Machine For?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 04:30 PM PST

    My brother got my clothes stained with white because he put Clorox in the bleach dispenser of a washing machine. He says he read on the internet that the bleach dispensers filters out the clorox to make it safe to wash clothes without getting permanently tainted white. Which obviously as what happened with my clothes, what he read is wrong. That said what is it for? If I wanted to wash clothes with bleach, why not just put it directly in the washer as you typically do with soap packets and liquid softener? Why put it through the dispenser?

    submitted by /u/Tezukaist
    [link] [comments]

    Why do laundry baskets have holes all over?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 04:22 PM PST

    What is the reason? Most baskets don't have holes throughout the mass of of them from top to bottom. Even cloth laundry baskets have very tiny holes.

    submitted by /u/Tezukaist
    [link] [comments]

    What is this?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Does anyone know what these things are and what are they for?

    submitted by /u/SlimeCr33per64
    [link] [comments]

    Best speaker for under €100

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Can anybody recommend a bluetooth speaker with a budget of around €100.

    I've been told that the anker soundcore motion+ is very good but is there any alternatives which I should consider before I make my decision.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/seanfitz95
    [link] [comments]

    Does this kind of thing exist?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I want to get my girlfriend a Bluetooth speaker for her birthday because she likes listening to music but not wearing headphones. However, having music playing in the house can make it hard for me to concentrate on my work.

    Is there a speaker on the market that is able to transmit sound at a limited range so that we can have the best of both worlds? I.E. a speaker that self-contains it's sound somehow?

    submitted by /u/JonnieTyler
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Question

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:24 PM PST

    I can connect to online games and play them, such as CS:GO, but when I try using anything else my internet is offline. I solve this by either restarting my internet or turning on a VPN.

    Why does this happen?

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Tie-8369
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Defender detected Trojan Script/Conteban.A!ml in a .RAR file

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:18 PM PST

    Hello, I'm a little worried, today I was decompressing a .rar file that I created a long time ago, it contains another .rar with a txt inside with pretty much all my passwords, both of them need a password to get inside.

    The thing is, when I typed the first pass, Windows Defender detected this weird Trojan Script/Conteban.A!ml. I don't know what it is, the thing is that I had to delete the entire thing just in case... fortunately I make backups in my other drives.

    What is this trojan? I don't go to sketchy websites or anything, I mostly browse reddit and youtube.

    submitted by /u/MundaneYoghurt
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking 6 inch or smaller screen device with no keyboard that can run any version of desktop Windows back to 98SE

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:52 AM PST

    I want essentially a Windows tablet under 6 inches in size.

    It must be X86 not ARM. I do not want it to have a keyboard attached like a GPD Win 2. I seek just a mobile device.

    If anybody anywhere knows of such a device which can be purchased new or refurbished from the original manufacturer today anywhere in the world please tell me. I want to run Windows on it. Touch screen is not critical, but if possible, Windows 8 or newer would be preferred, though even just 98SE will work for what I am trying to do.

    submitted by /u/revision0
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the right sub but does anyone know what sophos mobile on my windows pc can see?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:16 AM PST

    Pressing 'H' key types 'é'

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Whenever I press 'H', 'é' comes up instead, if caps are on, it types "2" and using 'H'+alt results in "~" 'H' just became a prefect clone of the "2,é,~" key and I dont know how it happened and what I can do about it.

    Keyboard in French format so it's a "azerty"

    Tested with Linux and Windows on same computer and the problem is present in both softwares

    Tried cleaning the keyboard with no success

    can anybody guess what this is and help me do something about it?

    submitted by /u/un_mec_du22
    [link] [comments]

    Echo 2nd gen or Echo Dot 3rd/4th gen

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Looking to add a smart speaker to my setup can someone here help me choose between a 2nd gen Echo vs a 4th gen echo dot? Sound quality is important for me as I listen to music alot.

    submitted by /u/RPisOP
    [link] [comments]

    Smart TV with Bluetooth, Sling, and Web Browsing capabilities?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Hi, is there a 24"ish wide Smart TV in existence that supports the following:

    -Bluetooth (for my headphones) -Sling TV -Has web browsing capabilities. -Supports viewing Vimeo videos on webpages. -Bonus: Alexa -Bonus: comes with an arm that lets me move/tilt it. I'm not sure if this is usually a separate purchase.

    Ultimately, this would be placed in a gym in front of a couple of exercise machines.

    Any suggestions anyone can give is really appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    cpu cooler issue

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:39 AM PST

    my CPU cooler when I bought it was cool my CPU at full load doesn't go above 64C but after a month of using the cooler my CPU start to get hotter at full load getting at 70-74C when I changed the paste it get well for the first 5 mins full load 64C as usual but after the 5 mins getting to 70-74C

    CPU Ryzen 5 3600 4ghz 1.11V

    cooler from cooler master master air ma620p

    board b450m ds3h

    thermal paste master gel pro

    i hope you help me and thanks

    submitted by /u/im_Reko
    [link] [comments]

    How to calculate bytes on a harddisk using Cylinders, heads and sectors/track

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:22 AM PST

    Studying exam, and in my book it says this is how to calculate hard disk size:

    Suppose you have a disk with following specs13.424 cylinders, 15 heads, 63 sectors/trackThen capacity = 512*63*13424*15 = 6.49 gigabyte

    But then exam question and answer looks like this

    Suppose you have a disk with following specs100 cylinders, 10 heads, 5 sectors/trackThen capacity = 100*10*5 = 5000 bytes.

    What I don't understand is, why is 512 used in the first calculation, but not in the exam example.I mean 512 is the amount of bytes of a sector, why doesn't the second example use 512 as well?

    So why isn't the answer to the exam question this: 512*5*10*100

    submitted by /u/pubGGWP
    [link] [comments]

    How many gigs of space does this phone have? I can’t find it anywhere in the manual

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:51 AM PST

    12V DC wifi router

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Hello, i'm looking for a wifi router, which uses 12V DC and can connect to my solar system which is made of a 80W solar panel and a 55Ah battery. It's for off-grid, so should be compact.

    submitted by /u/Emil-o
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment