• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Tech Support - Among us not launching

    Tech Support - Among us not launching


    Among us not launching

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    In advance i dont use reddit much so if im posting wrong or something sorry.

    Basically i played among us on pc up until recently, when it stopped working. I could still launch the game but it would come up as a small box consisting of the minimize and exit buttons in the top right corner. no matter how long i leave it thats all that comes up. I have tried things like running as administrator, troubleshooting and re installing game files but nothing seems to work. any ideas?

    submitted by /u/FlamedGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Is dell Inspiron 14 (7490) better or 15 (7500)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    I am an IT student and looking to buy a good laptop under budget of around AUD1800. I came across Dell Inspiron 14 (7490) 10th Generation i7-10510U Processor with 16GB DDR3 and Dell Inspiron 15(7500) 10th Generation i7-10750H Processor with 8GB DDR4. Also they have some other differences as well on graphics and display as well. I just wanted to ask you which one is better if I buy and I use it for movies, coding and some editing as well.

    The link for Inspiron14 (7490) is

    https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-14-7000-laptop/spd/inspiron-14-7490-laptop/hni749005au

    The link for Inspiron 15 (7500) (non-touch because I found this better than a touch one and under my budget) is

    https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-laptop-in-stock-for-fast-delivery/spd/inspiron-15-7501-laptop/smhni750102au

    submitted by /u/fapram
    [link] [comments]

    my monitor shakes when i type

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    my monitor is shaking when I type, I'd rather not have to wall mount, is there any shock absorbing pads you all could recommend? can't afford new desk ;/

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any software that can reliably convert my (science) lectures into text?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    I'm studying for my masters at the moment, and it's entirely online due to COVID and a national lockdown in my country. For various reasons I'm really struggling to keep pace with my lectures, and I don't have a lot of time per day or per week to sit down and watch 3 or 4 hour long lectures.

    If there is any speech-to-text software that can reliably convert a speech (with Irish accents) input to a text output which I can probably read much faster, I'd be thankful for recommendations.

    Doubly so if the software can interpret scientific words (lot of biology/chemistry), and if I could simply feed it a link from my canvas (though that's only a bonus - I can work around this).

    This could be the difference between me passing and failing at the moment tbh, so any help is so, so valued and appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HyacinthGirI
    [link] [comments]

    Not much option when it comes to broadband. How else do I improve download speed/ping. I can not be bothered waiting 8 hours to download a game at 100GB let alone 150.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    I want download speeds of at least 100mbps - 200mbps , ( I don't care for upload speed all that much) however, in my area I have checked for broadband deals and it seems the best I can get is with Sky Fibre Superfast which would give me 59mbps download speed, and 16mbps upload speed. Which equates to on average around 7MB/s down and 1.5-2MB/s up. In my opinion, this is utter shit. The current plan I am on now is said to give around 35mbps download and i get on average 28mbps download, and as for upload it gives me only 6.2mbps. I have tried seeing into other companies such as Virgin Media, who don't offer any broadband deals in my area at all, EE, who only offer what I am getting now, TalkTalk, also offer what I am getting now, and BT, who ALSO offer what I am getting now, give or take.

    Am I out of luck with my internet and should I just except the max download speed I will get is 7MB/s if I choose to upgrade, or is there another way to increasing my speeds. I am completely new to this type of stuff and I am in the dark about pretty much everything to do with internet/broadband so any advice would be great. Am I getting everything wrong, and have I just clowned myself, or am I really just in a shitty area. My Grandma has 511mbps download speed for christs sake. And she only lives a 20 minute walk away.

    submitted by /u/noved07
    [link] [comments]

    I've heard of militaries using microwaves as a weapon against mobs. Is it possible to do this on cell phones? What is the closest known technologies like this?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Sandisk corrupt issue

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a memory card from sandisk. 16gb. The issue is suddenly on my phone it started showing "UNSUPPORTED SANDISK SD CARD" and says 'This device doesn't support this sandisk"

    I tried connecting the card to my system with card reader but it is not showing up in My computer, however the sound does come when I connect but the card is not shown.

    I did virus scan just to be sure of my computer while it is fixed, its clean. I need the files in the card. Do you guys have any solution. pls Help.

    submitted by /u/Karluti
    [link] [comments]

    What tips can you give someone to learn about tech?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    I'm in second gear elec eng. My friends are "techies" and I am not. Talking to them when the topic of tech comes up is difficult cause I get the gist of what they're on about but I feel stupid cause I'mand eve tho they're great people they also think of me as stupid... now I probs am stupid but I still would like to know more about tech.

    By tech I mean computers, phones, how the internet works etc

    submitted by /u/mosham126
    [link] [comments]

    TV Webcam for Holiday Video Calls

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Basically I'm trying to find a way to connect with family over the holidays curing COVID. Basically everyone has a TV and Internet, and I'd like to find a way to send family members a "care package" that includes a webcam they can just put on their TV.

    Ideally this would 1) Be easy to use, 2)be easy to setup 3)permit calling on multiple platforms (facetime, hangouts, skype), and 4) Not be crazy expensive, 5) work on smart and non-smart TVs.

    ultimately, #1 and #5 are the only 100% critical parts, as along as I can do some setup ahead of time to make my family's setup easy once they get it.

    Anyone know of a solution for this? anythign you use? most of my family are familiar with facetime, but most also don't have an apple tv.

    submitted by /u/sataninthedoghouse
    [link] [comments]

    automatically copy & paste addresses from a website into excel?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    heres about 300 addresses that I want to copy and paste from a website, would it be possible for the addresses to be automatically copied from the website and pasted into excel? As in one address gets copied from the website, excel is opened and its pasted into a cell, then repeat this with the next cell in excel and so on

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Display input lag [HP Z27n G2]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Okay, so this drives me absolutely crazy for the past year. Ever since I bought this display (HP Z27n G2) I felt like my mouse is somewhat sluggish and could not explain it. I though this is because of my signal source being older notebook and didn't care THAT much. I knew about input lag but I though high lags are thing of a past in 2019 when I bought it and I didn't want to game on it. But later I bought a new gaming PC with new 144hz display and immediately saw noticable difference in mouse feel, even when both displays are at 60hz. BTW I have a Logitech G903, so its not the mouse.

    So today, having nothing better to do, I setup a simple test. Duplicated display output, run frame counter on both screens and recorded it with my Oneplus at 960 FPS. It is not the greatest resolution frequency-wise, but still I can clearly see there is at least 1 to 2 frame difference, and using stopwatch on screen I "measured" about 20 - 30ms delay between those 2. Knowing from reviews my gaming IPS has input lag around 7ms in 60hz mode, this would mean HP Z27n has at least 30ms input lag, maybe a little less due to some GPU output difference but from what i read, this impact should be minimal and within 1 - 2ms.

    So basically I would like to ask, is this even possible? Is it possible for a display made in 2018 to have input lag this high? From what I saw on review sites (Rtings, TFTCentral), almost all modern-ish displays fall under 10ms. But I cannot find any review of this display with input lag measured.

    submitted by /u/vit-jouda
    [link] [comments]

    need help with choosing between founders edition and board partner RTX card?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/VR-Ready-Deal-RTX-3080. I'm thinking of getting this pc. The RTX 3080 seems to be the founders' edition. Can someone tell me if getting a founders edition card worth it or should I wait for a board partner card like the Asus TUF RTX 3080? I know that the Asus TUF card has better cooling than the founders with the same performance so in the long run can someone tell me if the founder edition gonna be okay? I don't really care about overclocking I just want this card to perform at a high rate for a long time like 5 years at least.

    submitted by /u/Maclethal129
    [link] [comments]

    windows L/R audio balance?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    after installing drivers realized it changed my windows L/R speaker balance to 67%, would turning it to 100% be fine? I was told that all digital volumes should be at 100% for fully quality and then you adjust the analog volume in speakers to what you want, is balance this way too?

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro or Nintendo Switch?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I will gift myself one of these two this Christmas. I don't know which one tho. They are both almost the same price (in $CAD) .

    I already own 1st gen AirPods that I bought almost 2 years ago but they still work fine. The main reason why I want to upgrade is because I want to be able to use the ''Automatic Switching'' between devices feature (I own lots of Apple products). This would make me use my AirPods a lot more than I am already using them.

    For the Switch, I had a regular Switch until about 8 months ago when it broke and instead of buying another regular Switch, I bought a Switch Lite, which I thought would suit me better since I was playing in portable mode 99% of the time. However, I find myself to miss being able to just put my console into the dock and play on the TV. I also have to admit this was a great family console.

    I can't decide which one I should buy. Will you guys help me decide?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ari_es0412
    [link] [comments]

    USB/HDMI Switches for gaming setups

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'm planning to setup a new gaming PC in my home office space, and I'd like to be able to play games on it in both the office and out in the lounge

    In order to do that, I've located a HDMI switch that takes one HDMI in (from the PC) and provides two outs, one to the office monitor and one (via a long HDMI cable) to the TV in the lounge

    I'm now hunting a USB switch for the same purpose - have a keyboard and mouse in the office, flick the switch, changing input to the keyboard and mouse in the loungeroom. I can find a large number of USB hubs, and USB sharing things (2 PCs connected to the same USBs), but I can't find an actual USB switch anywhere. The closest I have found is a USB hub with on/off switches for the individual ports

    Anyone able to help find a USB switch?

    Bonus points if you know of a single switch which handles USB and HDMI!

    submitted by /u/Emulai
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment