• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Tech Support - Is there any way to use my phone on my work computer?

    Tech Support - Is there any way to use my phone on my work computer?


    Is there any way to use my phone on my work computer?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    So the title is pretty clear.

    I am pretty good at my job so I have downtime and since I am second shift I dont have anyone from other departments who I can work on improvement projects with, so I am looking to make the most of my time.

    I have a cell phone, and I would like to use it and have it displayed on my work computer. I dont have wifi at work. Ideally I would also like to be able to use my mouse and keyboard as well. If this isnt possible with a cell phone but is with a laptop I might be able to make that work, but I'm not supposed to have either at work.

    Things I have:

    Android cellphone Dell precision 3430 desktop

    Expendable income to buy gadgets to make this work, ideally under $200

    Things I dont have:

    access to company wifi Permission to be doing this Enough patience to piss away my days The ability to download anything to my work computer

    submitted by /u/Divin3F3nrus
    [link] [comments]

    Are HDMI ports easily breakable?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I'm a pretty big gamer, and I have a pretty good living room setup consisting of 5 HDMI devices connected to my TV. I have a Sony soundbar with 3 HDMI-in ports, and 1 HDMI-out port for ARC connection. 3 of the systems are connected through the soundbar, while the other 2 are connected to the other 2 available HDMI ports on the TV itself.

    I've had this setup for a few years now, but some of the systems, I've had for even longer. As all electronics do, everything attracts a decent amount of dust, and when it comes to cleaning, I find myself needing to lift things and move things around to dust available surfaces. The problem with this though, is that I feel like moving systems around with HDMI cords plugged can cause unnecessary stress on the ports themselves through cords being pulled or moved. Sure I could unplug them, but that is probably worse than the former, arguably. Some ports on either the soundbar or consoles have a "looser" connection than others, and the cords jiggle around in them more easily, although none of the ports have ever given me any issues.

    How do you all take care of your HDMI devices while also keeping them as dust free as possible?

    submitted by /u/DarkAmaterasu58
    [link] [comments]

    Question about 120hz TVs and 120fps gaming

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I have a question about how 120fps gaming will work on next gen consoles, or more specifically whether or not my TVs will be able to support them. I know both of them have mentions on 120hz in their tech specs, but I've also heard that there are some ways to be misleading with that. My two TVs are the Samsung LN46C650 and the Sony KDL55W700B.

    I know neither set has HDMI 2.1 and obviously aren't 4K. But will I be able to enjoy real 120fps gaming on them?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tom-ocil
    [link] [comments]

    Security improvement

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    I want to find a company that will help increase personal cyber security. It will be a Xmas present from me, so I want to be able to set this up for my mom. I know she has terrible security and I want to help protect her personal info and stuff.

    submitted by /u/Jennos
    [link] [comments]

    Simplest way to sync/mirror folder to external drive?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a free software that allows me to sync/mirror my folder to my backup external drive.

    submitted by /u/winleskey
    [link] [comments]

    Is Selenium software safe?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Hello. I'd like to know if Selenium software is safe for logging in personal accounts with important information. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Alberto232
    [link] [comments]

    Question on mirroring a desktop to a laptop

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    My wife works from home, and has recently moved from a position where she had to answer phones to now providing chat support. Her company provides her with a pretty locked down machine, so there isn't much leeway there, I'm trying to get a sense of if there is a way her desktop computer/mouse/keyboard inputs could be mirrored or casted to a laptop so she could work anywhere in the house without having to move her setup.

    She doesn't have admin creds on the work computer and cant install anything, local admin is no dice, so looking for a solution that does not require any kind of installation - is there something similar to a chrome cast for other computers?

    submitted by /u/endisbegun27
    [link] [comments]

    Can any USB-C port output video, Ethernet, etc.?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I have a Dell Dock WD19, I use it to connect my work laptop (also Dell) to all my peripherals (monitor, Ethernet, USBs, even battery). Besides that, I also have a separate custom built desktop PC. It's older, so the motherboard doesn't have USB-C ports. I'm aware I can add USB-C ports to it through a dedicated PCI-E card. I was wondering, could I connect this PC to my Dell Dock if I gave it an USB-C port? Can any USB-C port output video, Ethernet, etc.? Or only the ones in laptops designed to do so?

    I'm feeling it's unlikely, but I'm really not familiar at all with the technicalities of USB-C. This Dock still feels like a miracle. My goal is to be able to use the same peripherals with both computers while requiring as little cable swapping as possible. I'd appreciate any tips!

    submitted by /u/spinningacorn
    [link] [comments]

    Digital media player with browser

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for a digital media player (Like an Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV etc) that has a fully functional web browser that I can attach to a standard HDMI projector. Specifically it will need to access Instagram and Facebook but also be able to browse any old regular .com. Also still have Netflix, Prime Video etc

    I know I can maybe do it on my Apple TV by "hacking" it a little but i'd rather just have a plug'n'play option. Can Fire TV do this? Is there any limitations (sites you can't access)? Any other simple alternatives i'm missing? Can I do all this on a PS4?

    I should mention that I am trying to avoid using a phone at all costs and am well aware this can easily be done via AirPlay etc.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jameskempnbca
    [link] [comments]

    Question about privacy

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Today I was at work with nothing to do, so I started to use Reddit on my phone, connected in my companys wifi. Then I started to wonder: "Do they have access to my history in an app via wifi ?"

    I know that they keep track of urls that employees access, but your history in an app on your cellphone ? Could it be even possible ?

    submitted by /u/Fascist_MechRengar
    [link] [comments]

    Purchase Help

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    So I'm looking to buy a laptop and at my place due to the lockdown not many are in stock .. the ones that are is either the zephrus g14 with a 1650ti FHD 120hz display with 300nits or an HP omen 15 with a 1660ti FHD 60hz NTSC 45% display with 250nits .. all the other specs are the same ... which one should I choose ?

    submitted by /u/jubal_jacob
    [link] [comments]

    Cloud based camera system for our office

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Looking for a cloud based camera system to install at the office where we could view the feed from home.

    We have 2 printers at the office that is running 8-10 hours a day.

    Currently, our remote team sends files to these printers from home. But they don't have a way to actually see the progress on their print file.

    Was wondering what the best camera system to get for our office. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Crunchycookiebutter
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to remove winmon.sys?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Can't find it in my system32 folder.

    submitted by /u/uncertein_heritage
    [link] [comments]

    How can TV and Radio stations esp OTA send programs to thousands, even millions, of people all at the same time without suffering slowdowns and sudden stops in the way internet streaming TV services like Netflix do when many people are online?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    I am very curious why radio for example never suffers any lags even though millions of people in the city listen to it while driving in their cars and why even during Superbowl when every single person in a small town of a few thousands are watching all at once why there's never any slowdown and sudden stops on TV while watching it on free local channels OTA? While Hulu and other streaming service take a sudden slowdown when even as little as 50 more people join the service to watch completely different shows from you and even a single next-door neighbor joining in on his own TV can make watching Outlander can suddenly slow down a show by a quarter of its normal speed?

    submitted by /u/EvaWolves
    [link] [comments]

    How do mobile phone category speeds work?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I am trying to compile a list of most popular cell phone devices and their maximum supported download/upload speed, and so far I am finding different explanations and sources on how to determine that. I came across a website that shows a table showing Cat 4, Cat 6 and their corresponding speed, with some example of devices, but I am looking behind the explanation on how they have been categorized, like what configuration of the device I should look at?

    https://www.finder.com.au/phone-category-speeds

    Any help would be appreciated on this, basically I am just looking for a key specification that could tell what will be the max speed supported by that device.

    submitted by /u/Humble_Prompt
    [link] [comments]

    Hard Disk

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Hello guys, yesterday when i turned off my pc everything was good. Today, when i turned on everything was good again, but after ~30 minutes my hard disk disappeard, i got a notification and a sound like when i plug in an usb, but i didn't get to see what it said. There is no hard disk in bios or device manager. I switched the sata cable to my ssd and cable works good. What can i do?

    submitted by /u/sasuke_exe
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming Cafe Hypothetical Setup?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Have idea in back of my head to open web cafe in few years. More curious about a technical question, but :

    So idea would be to have server in back room with iso of newest/up to date win10 and seperate folder containing install for bunch of games that are popular. (and fast gigabit lan on all pcs)

    All the front room gaming pcs you can login to and game on, save files, do whatever you could normally, but everytime you logout it restarts and fresh installs for privacy/security.

    Now I know this would kill hdd, and especially ssd's because of their write endurance, so I was wondering.

    Could you netboot win10 in ram only if every machine had, say 64 or 128 gb of ram. Would make it very responsive but also get past the write endurance issue.

    To make it really work, might need to netboot arch w/ kvm enabled, then pass through discrete gpu to windows vm and have that run in ram? (assuming apu's so integrated gpu for linux host)

    Just curious how possible it is with current options in win10 and linux world.

    Any input appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/HerrRatz
    [link] [comments]

    I have a multi drive desktop and a laptop. How can I access a particular drive on the desktop from my laptop when not on the same network?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Both computers are running Windows 10 2004

    Ideally, I would like to limit it to a particular drive rather than my whole computer for security reasons.

    I have audio and video media files on this drive that I would like to have access to while not at home. Is there a way to safely do this?

    Apologies in advance if this is not the right sub for this sort of question. If it isn't could you point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/llamapower13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment