• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Tech Support - Bluetooth Tracker by Range.

    Tech Support - Bluetooth Tracker by Range.


    Bluetooth Tracker by Range.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Hi

    I'm looking for a tracker that will pair to a tag and make a sound if either the device or tag is more than 5ft apart or some specified distance/specific rule.

    I always seem to be leaving my cellphone or my keys in random places as I put it down. Today, I left my phone in the ATM machine, last week I left my keys at the store cashiers desk. I have been lucky because of the goodwill of my common citizen in returning these things to me.

    Has someone programmed this use-case into a Bluetooth tracker?

    submitted by /u/FirstCanadian
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove the Google logo and search bar when opening a new tab in Chrome?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I like to have my custom backgrounds, and I want this one to be seen when I open a new tab in Chrome, instead of having the Google logo and search bar in front of it. Could there be any extensions as well that I could install?

    submitted by /u/loomman529
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Googlesheets

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Help!

    I created a spreadsheet on which MPs are going to vote for a bill.

    I have a sheet on all MPs and I'm creating one for each political party.

    So I created a query

    =QUERY(!Commons, !A1:D700, "SELECT B, D WHERE B='Labour'", 2)

    And I get an error message

    I don't know what I did wrong. (it's Google sheets).

    submitted by /u/gracey072
    [link] [comments]

    How to find grants for developing models for 3D printed children's instruments?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I've been interested in modeling 3D printable violins, cellos, and violas of all sizes, since the only models out there right now are full sized. I've been prototyping a cello, and, while I'm quite passionate about it, it's incredibly time and resource consuming. Truth be told I can't really focus on this unless I had some sort of patronage. I was wondering if there was a program out there in the world that would be interested in funding something like this; I'm familiar with the granted projects my peers have done on 3D printed prosthetics, so I figured there must be interest for this somewhere, but I have no idea where to look.
    I've checked the grants that the US gov offers, but my project doesn't apply to anything they're offering right now.

    submitted by /u/firefliesjr
    [link] [comments]

    Got my iPhone 6 screen and battery replaced at a third party store and now my phone takes a very long time to turn on between dying and being plugged in and starts freezing and lagging when the battery percentage gets low. This only happened after repair. What could be causing it?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a specific type of cell device, but I'm not sure what it's called (or if it exists).

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    I am looking for a device that operates as follows:

    • Contains a slot to insert 1, maybe 2 cellphone sim cards
    • Contains a phone jack, so that an alarm system can be plugged in

    The device would simply need to enable the alarm system to make a call to the monitoring center if/when the alarm goes off.

    Previous systems had to be plugged into a special modem provided by the internet company (expensive), and phone service had to be provided by said internet company (also expensive).

    I was hoping instead to get a cheap calls-only cellular plan and plug that sim card into this little device so the alarm can use it to make a call to the monitoring center as needed. Does what I'm looking for exist?

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/TheSiegmeyerCatalyst
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Note 8 not detecting wired Xbox One controller

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    The title is straight to the help, but here's some more detail. I recently acquired my new OTG cable for my Note 8, however, it's not detecting my controller at all (for reference, this is the controller I bought back in 2019. There's nothing wrong with the cable seeing as it's brand new a it works just fine after testing it out with my keyboard, mouse, headset, and even my USB bus. If I can get some help with getting it to work with my phone, or even an explanation as to why it won't work, I will greatly appreciate the time spent, thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/IhkeTRPlaysMC
    [link] [comments]

    Brother's computer super slow, what happened?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    So for the last couple of months my brother's Dell Inspiron 15 3000 has been running extremely slow. By that I mean it takes 10+ minutes just to boot up,don't get me started on opening Firefox. We've cleared all files we don't need, deleted uswless programs, ran a virus scan with 3 different antiviruses, disabled all unnecessary processes on boot and im general, and it's no better. So my dad has been blaming my brother for installing games on his pc. He has installed 3 games in total, two of which take up less than 3gb, and deleted two of them. He says that it's the cache and them not being completely uninstalled making the whole mess. The thing is, it's my dad who has been using his computer for the most part, usually using it to download or transfer files from external hard disk to external hard disk. So who is the culprit? My brother's 3 games or my dad's whole file transfer thing? You let me know, because apparently I don't know crap about computers!

    EDIT : To save people's time, I'm going to list everything I've tried so far. -Deleting all unnecessary files -Disabling all unnecessary startup processes -Disabling Super Fetch -Running an antivirus scan -Deleting unnecessary programs (not just games) -Updating Windows -Updating all drivers -Checking all security related settings

    Still, the CPU usage is at a steady 80-90% and RAM can sometimes reach 80%(Though it usually chills at around 60%) I know formatting and reinstalling windows is my best option here, and I'll probably do that whenever I can. I made this post to figure out if installing 3 games on a 4gb ram Intel i3 processor could slow the computer this much(My dad's conclusion) or some super weird inexplicable thing happening with processes (My conclusion) Sorry for all the confusion!

    submitted by /u/Badbishop12
    [link] [comments]

    Would someone please explain to me some things about Incognito Mode in Vivaldi/Chromium?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    I am a member of a website which runs on PHPBB. This website sometimes bans users. I have a roommate who was a member of the same website who was banned for being stupid.

    Luckily my username has not been banned for sharing the same IP, but, our IP has been blocked. Now, when I want to log in, I get page telling me I do not have permission to access the site. I have to go to a private window in Vivaldi which I believe is the same as an incognito chrome window and then it works.

    The thing I have noticed is that somehow, the website remembers me. The first time you go to the website, you have to agree you are over 18. Each time I use a private window the first time on a particular day to visit the site, I have to agree. However, if I then close the browser, open another new private window, and go back to the site the same day, I do not have to agree I am over 18 again. Somehow, the site remembers I already agreed, even though these are two browser sessions separated by an hour or more.

    How does a site remember me if I use two different private windows? I could understand if I left the private browser open all day, but, I close it and reopen it seven hours later and the site somehow remembers me. The next day it forgets.

    Can anyone give any clues on why or how this would happen with a private window? What does private mean? Is this not exactly the behavior private windows are claimed to prevent?

    submitted by /u/revision0
    [link] [comments]

    Application goes into "not responding" mode every single time it is closed

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    I use an application called TuxGuitar on my laptop for guitar tablature (like simplified sheet music for guitar). It's a great program, completely free, and can run files from any other tab program.

    I never have issues with it when I'm using it. But every single time, without fail, when I click that red X to shut the program, it freezes, my cursor turns into an hourglass, and the top bar of the window says (not responding) next to the file. If I leave it there, it will just stay there indefinitely. One time I forgot about this, so I hit the X and got up to do something else, then I came back hours later and it was still sitting there.

    I can force close it through task manager, but it is EXTREMELY annoying to have to ctrl+alt+delete every single time I want to do a simple task in closing the program.

    I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and it did not help.

    Is there anything I can do for this? My laptop had windows 10 if that matters

    submitted by /u/alpengeist19
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a laptop.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm looking for a decent laptop that's also pretty cheap.

    I'm mainly going to be using this laptop for programming but I'd also like to use it for some light gaming. (probably for long stretches from time to time)

    The game I'd be playing the most that probably is the most demanding is Risk of Rain 2

    The minimum recommended specs for that are: OS: Windows 7 or newer, 64 bit Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 / AMD FX-8350 Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: GTX 580 / AMD HD

    I'm not really educated when it comes to computer specs so that's why I'm asking for help. Whatever laptop you guys think is best and is relatively cheap I'll probably get.

    I'd like the laptop to be under $1000 and no more than like $1200

    submitted by /u/Fabian315
    [link] [comments]

    I have two IR remote controlled ceiling fans made by Faro Barcelona which I had hoped to control with Broadlink RM Pro, but it won’t pair

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I suspect the frequency of the ceiling fans isn't supported by the Broadlink. Is there any other way to integrate these fans to a Smart home system?

    submitted by /u/Snoo-31920
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment