• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Tech Support - [HELP] High Latency

    Tech Support - [HELP] High Latency


    [HELP] High Latency

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    So these last couple of days I've been getting really high latency or "ping". Whenever I do an internet speed test, I get relatively fast download and upload speeds but latency shoots up to 150-200. I can not only play games but browsing seems slow and the browser tends to break or not load up fully.

    Things I've done:

    • ipconfig /renew /release - all that stuff in CMD.
    • Factory reset internet modem.
    • Updated all my drives
    • Checked ethernet cables.

    submitted by /u/MiongRKP
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a way to enable paste functionality in blackboard learn when disabled by the university for an assessment?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I want to sell my MacBook Pro, I need advice.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I purchased a 2019 MacBook Pro 13", i5 processor, 256gb ram. I enjoy it, but I realise it probably wasn't the most efficient purchase, I could have got something more powerful for cheaper. Alas, I'm an Apple sheep. Baah...

    I only really use my MacBook to watch shows and video edit. I have found the processing power of my MacBook makes video editing a bit tedious.

    I'm thinking of selling my MacBook and looking for something more suitable.

    I'm looking for some advise on what's available to me that's not Apple, something affordable but powerful. It's main task will be to video edit.

    submitted by /u/IWalkAlways
    [link] [comments]

    Fast Charging my Oppo A52

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    My phone recently broke and I am looking to buy a new one. Between the Oppo A52 and the Realme 6 I am not sure which one to buy. With a bigger battery (5000 vs 4300 maH) and stereo speakers the Oppo A52 seems like a good phone upfront. But the Realme 6 claims to have faster 30 watt charging (0 to 100 in 55 minutes) - compared to the 18 watt Oppo - a better cpu and a higher hz screen. The refresh rate of the screen does not bother me too much and the camera quality doesn't either.

    Does anyone know if I can use the 30 watt charger with the oppo phone? Which phone should I get, out of the 2 or another one within the price range of these phones?

    Any help is much appreciated, thank you

    submitted by /u/Status-Hunter-3979
    [link] [comments]

    My Sky Q box isn’t recording anything

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    From about a month ago anything that I record just doesn't record. Even if a show starts while it's on, it'll stop recording as soon as it's off.

    Any way to fix this because one of the main reasons for having Sky is to record shows

    submitted by /u/joshhirst28
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my dads TV so dark? Sorry if I’m on the wrong sub! No idea where to post this.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    As the title says, his TV is very dark, it's a JVC smart TV no idea which model, I've tried turning up the brightness, turning up the backlighting and also changed the picture mode to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/puddleOfpebbles
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way to have my keyboard (wired) connected to both my Mac and PC?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm wondering how (if it's possible) to go about having my keyboard connected to both my Mac (MB Air in a vertical dock) and my gaming pc? At the moment I'm disconnecting and swapping every time I need to use the other and while it's a first world problem it is annoying. I'm wondering if there's a way via a hub of some sort that I could leave my keyboard connected to and it what ever device was on it would automatically work with. I did think of just getting a wireless keyboard for my MBA but that just defeats the purpose of why I built my keyboard. Any help would be very appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RegretfullyFastSperm
    [link] [comments]

    In need of Help Identifying and Finding an Old MP3 Player I Used to Have circa 2005ish

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I bought an MP3 player around 2005, perhaps a little later, from Ebay that had a rectangular, translucent blue housing similar in size and shape to the squared off Ipod Nano, and just an LCD screen. It reminded me of the clear phones from the 90's because you could see all the electronics inside. The display characters seemed huge for the time, but I don't recall it having any sort of backlight at all. The LCD was like a calculator display with just a gray background and black characters, no coloration like the green or blue tinted displays of the time. It had an Ipod style 4-button clear blue control wheel with a clear blue button in the center. I can't remember how much memory it had, but I do recall it only held an album or two, I think it used a micro USB 1.0 port, and only had internal memory without any SD card slot. Ebay's purchase history only goes back a couple of years and I can't find a trace of this player anywhere on the internet using vague search terms such as "translucent blue MP3 player". I think it was a Chinese Ipod Nano knockoff, but it could have easily just been a lesser known unique brand. I do remember there being some text on the back but I have no recollection of the specifics. For whatever reason I am incredibly nostalgic for this thing and can't stop thinking about how to find one and purchase it. I know my description leaves a lot to be desired, but if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about and could provide more information such as a brand or model number, photos, etc. I would be eternally grateful.

    submitted by /u/Ecto2dx
    [link] [comments]

    Text (SMS) from PC while not having cell service

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Hey All!

    Here's my situation:

    I have poor cell reception where I live (out in the orchards). I have a cell number which works great in town and have Wifi that works great at my house. I'm trying to find a way to use my existing number on my cell plan to text people from my PC (or phone while on WiFi).

    Note: I have a Google voice number which works but I need to use my existing cell phone number that's on my plan.

    Any ideas on how to go about this?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/jibberishballr
    [link] [comments]

    What are good BA level degrees to pursue for tech / coding / etc that aren't extremely challenging off the bat?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    How to connect two laptops to the same monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and quickly switch between the two laptops?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    I have a personal Lenovo Yoga c940 (running Windows 10) that has two Thunderbolt 3 ports (although I don't believe it can be charged by thunderbolt) and I have a work-given Mac Book Pro 15" 2018 that has four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

    It would be amazing if I could have both my laptops (closed in a double holder stand like this: https://www.amazon.com/Updated-Version-Vertical-OMOTON-Adjustable/dp/B078W4XP77/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=double+laptop+stand&qid=1603234152&sr=8-6) then with a button click can switch laptops back and forth and use the same keyboard, monitor, speakers, and mouse for both.

    My current monitor is a Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch where I have it connected from displayport (on the back of the monitor) to USB-C into my Lenovo. I do plan on eventually getting a curved ultra-wide monitor (34" if you guys have any recommendations, I do graphic design and occassionally game) and using that as my main display (Rather than the two screens, laptop and monitor, I'm currently using).

    My other parpherials are:

    • Phillips speakers connected through the audio port of my Lenovo
    • A mechanical keyboard connected with a USB C cord
    • A regular wireless mouse from Logitech (using a USB Type-A receiver)

    From what I gathered, I may (or may not?) need a thunderbolt docking station and a KVM switch? It would be amazing if I could have both my laptops (closed in the double holder) and not have to fuss with many cords between them.

    My questions are when looking at KVM switches they tend to just be just USB Type-A connections, would plugging that into a docking station allow for the switch between laptops or do I need to buy a few USB A to USB C cords? Would I be able to access my Lenovo despite it being closed? (I currently use a fingerprint scan, how do I bypass that if it's in the stand?) Am I completely missing the mark on how to connect all this together? Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Dual-Leviathan
    [link] [comments]

    Won't Big Tech's cloud services eventually outrival smaller cloud companies (Akamai, Cloudera, Cloudflare, Fastly, etc...)?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I have this same question.

    1. Given enough time, won't Big Tech's cloud services (namely Amazon, Microsoft, and Google) outrank or overtake these smaller cloud companies and offer the same services?

    2. How do these smaller cloud companies differ? How did they even crop up into existence? I'm dumbfounded Big Tech didn't acquire them when they were starting to crush them. Why haven't Big Tech acquired them now?

    submitted by /u/xanth0s
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reduce the size of a video on my iPhone?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    I looked at the video compress app but it's 7 dollars a month.....I was hoping there was a free way to compress my video

    submitted by /u/sparklymoons
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good home security system you'd recommend

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    is there a way to record unrecordable videos?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I am learning from a course and apparently its videos cant be recorded in OBS. I think its encrypted someway, can u suggest me an alternative?

    submitted by /u/FootballData07
    [link] [comments]

    Pc case/ cooler fitting

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Will this case fit this cpu cooler/radiator

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FT7KZZ

    Case -lian li cool 2 Cooler- Corsair h60 120mm

    submitted by /u/TR2flip
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, I am looking for an interesting tech (IT related) company i could present in school

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    I should be able to talk about

    • Range of products or services
    • Benefits for interns
    • Skills, knowledge, qualification and experience required
    • Company size/ structure /markets

    Any one got some cool companies i could talk about?

    submitted by /u/xaetlas
    [link] [comments]

    DAB/DAB+ vs FM power usage

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    I recently bought a JBL Tuner 2 DAB/FM radio to use at work. Got to test it out for the first time today using DAB and i noticed the battery lasted just short of my shift ending after playing all day (about 7 hours playtime) at 13/15 volume setting.

    JBL advertises the battery can last up to 12 hours. Should i use FM radio instead of DAB to get that extra battery life out of it? or will the difference be unnoticable?

    submitted by /u/666Dragon1
    [link] [comments]

    for mp3tag editor is it possible to automatically change the song title to its filename?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Theres a large number of songs I want to rename the title of the song to its filename, is it possible to automatically do this for all these songs at once in mp3tag editor? https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment