• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 19, 2020

    Tech Support - I think my emails are going to the receiver's spam, is there anything I could do to solve it?

    Tech Support - I think my emails are going to the receiver's spam, is there anything I could do to solve it?


    I think my emails are going to the receiver's spam, is there anything I could do to solve it?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I have an outlook account. Whenever I email the school, they do not reply. I think it's now on their spam list.

    submitted by /u/Pervert_Spongebob
    [link] [comments]

    Is SFTP really the most secure way of sending/receiving files?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Question about how Mac vs Windows is coded (?)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    Pardon my layman speak, I'm sure I'm going to misuse some terms, but someone once told me that while Windows is coded/built/programmed in binary on a two-dimensional plane, Mac is built as a sphere, this harder to hack and get viruses. Is any of this true?

    submitted by /u/blancjua
    [link] [comments]

    I have a PS4 and my monitor doesn't have audio output/3.5mm audio jack. Suggestions?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    I have a regular wired speaker. Since my Monitor doesn't have a built in speaker and a 3.5mm jack audio output for my speakers, my current setup is that I connected the speaker to the PS4 controller to produce output audio while playing but it defeats the purpose of having the wireless PS4 controller. Any suggestions?

    I heard about a few solutions but not sure if it really works

    1.) Bluetooth transmitter/receiver devices plugged on the controller 3.5mm Jack and to the speaker side so that they connect wirelessly.

    2.) An HDMI adapter with an 3,5mm audio out Jack. So suppose i just have to plug the PS4 HDMI to the adapter and also plug the speaker there.

    Are these possible? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/VinmarMagto
    [link] [comments]

    How do I post comments on youtube without my real name?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    I don't know how to change this, but whenever I post comments on youtube it uses my real name and I find it super annoying.

    It's coming from my Google account... On my Google account I have a Nickname set, but it still uses my real name :/

    submitted by /u/ryncewynd
    [link] [comments]

    Does reading a hard drive have any physical effect on the data?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    For instance, are data susceptible to degradation the more they are read?

    submitted by /u/theycallmevike
    [link] [comments]

    Data speeds

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    If my data was being restricted on my phone.

    Would I still get good speeds close to an antenna/mast?

    Also, would phone exchanges increase data speeds if stood close too?

    submitted by /u/Spirited_Resident349
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Lenovo Thinkpads so expensive?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I am starting a new job where I will need to provide myself a laptop. I've only used Macbooks for work, prior to this job.

    I want a solid business laptop, and have been looking at Thinkpads.

    But I have to ask - why are they so expensive? Their specs do not even touch what you can get from a "gaming" laptop, for the same price.

    I understand we're talking two different types of laptops here... but computer specs will give the same performance, regardless of what industry you sell it to. So why is the price of an i5, 8gb, 256gb SSD Thinkpad the same price of an i7, 16gb, 500gb SSD MSI gaming laptop?

    submitted by /u/87_north
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting App on Iphone

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    If you delete apps on iPhone.

    Will it delete all of its dara along with it?

    For instance DDG, would it leave any search history or anything on the memory of the phone afterwards?

    submitted by /u/Spirited_Resident349
    [link] [comments]

    If a software weigh (storage) more than my RAM, what exactly is happening when i load the software?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    let's say i have a software that expand on 50GB on my storage of a computer with 8GB of RAM, so when i load the software - it cant even read in one time the all 50GB, so why does it weigh so much?

    submitted by /u/waitItsQuestionTime
    [link] [comments]

    Autocorrect behaving suspiciously?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    Hi there I hope this is nothing of substance but it has me worried:

    My predictive text on my samsung phone suggests two word completions when I type the word "social". One is "socialm85897" and the other "socialm858973".

    I have never typed or used these in my life and certainly not on this phone which was brand new to me. Could this be an example of a data leak, given these look like a username?

    I realise I am out of my depth here so any indication of benign vs malicious would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/HGjjwI0h46b42
    [link] [comments]

    Isn't there something I can use to connect my phone to my car with bluetooth if my car doesn't have bluetooth connectivity?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Google Search String References A Local Business?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    So basically when I search google a domain of a small local business keeps showing in my search string - see example: http://prntscr.com/u1zetd

    This must have been happening for ~1year and its a site Ive been to a infrequently, 2 or 3 times

    Anyone know why this stays in the search string?

    submitted by /u/Gustomaximus
    [link] [comments]

    BRING BACK THE BLACKBERRY!

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Let's make this happen. We just need software updates and we're chi.

    submitted by /u/Competitiveralph
    [link] [comments]

    I need a computer for ArcGIS... help!

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I'm coming here because I don't know anything about computers. I'm an Urban Planning major and I'm starting to dive into GIS classes this upcoming semester and I need a computer of some sort (preferably a laptop) with the following requirements: * Windows OS * I9 or I10 processor * 64 bit * 32 gB RAM * a nice graphics card (NVidia as suggested by the professor) * At LEAST 4 gB memory I probably need this laptop to connect to an external monitor as well... so I could use suggestions for that too! I am expecting to pay quite a bit of money for the computer and monitor. But if I could PLEASE have some suggestions with the price and how it matches with the needed requirements!!

    submitted by /u/ashleyeamey
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get cable without a cable box?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    This may sound dumb but I haven't ever had cable TV before. My new lease includes cable in my monthly rent and the apartment came with a cable cord coming out of the wall. I tried to plug that directly into my TV but I only got two channels. Do I need to buy a cable box or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/aspiringgameshowhost
    [link] [comments]

    If I remove an email from one device, does it remove it from devices connected to the same email?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    My family is all connected to one email on our devices and we all use them often, it's really a pain to be clearing out their search history every single day, I am just wondering if switching to my own email will switch all devices as well.

    submitted by /u/thinegloriousmuppet
    [link] [comments]

    Can Android be compared to Windows?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    There are a variety of things we can do to make Windows function better, and make our hardware work more intensively for gaming and video editing.

    Some of them for instance, are, turning on ultra performance power plan, setting graphic components to dedicate to better performance, degrading Windows' appearance, cleaning and defraging our disks, installing SDDs and Optane Memory, keeping our component drivers and firm ware updated and so on.

    Talking about security, creating backups to prevent any kind of loss in future virus attacks or file corruption, creating a recovery drive, and system image screenshots in a thumb drive are some ways to stay secure.

    There are loads of features which, as a home user, most people won't be aware of. As a home user myself, I learnt all of this in the lockdown :)

    Now, I am a hungry learner. Having a question in mind, I am posting it here.

    Can Windows be compared to Android?

    All the methods stated above, is there any way to do so on an android? And possibly, without installing third party applications?

    Feel free to leave your answers and suggestions in the comments!

    I appreciate your input and Thank you for that in advance ;)

    submitted by /u/VibeCheck4
    [link] [comments]

    Can any sensitive information be gleaned from my modem and router if I get rid of them?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I was about to throw my old modem and router away and I'm wondering if there's any storage on either of them that could have cached any sensitive information or if they are only conduits for information?

    submitted by /u/Zukez
    [link] [comments]

    I received an email with the link to a Google Form. The form was such that it can be filled only once. I didn't knew this. So I submitted it by entering a fake email address, details, etc. I don't want the owner of the form to know it. Will the owner know it was me who filled the fake details?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Considering the fact that the link was sent to my legit email address.

    submitted by /u/thatsmartasslad
    [link] [comments]

    Gibberish and Strange Web Addresses

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    May be a bit of a dumb question, but I was searching for something specific and ran across a bunch of strange gibberish on the internet. I googled "Another wreck fest today?" with parenthesis and a ton of websites come up. The text preview for the websites have a bunch of gibberish English that almost makes sense. None of the websites can be reached unless the first word of the website is removed. Most of these websites are auto sales related. I was wondering if anyone knew what this gibberish was or if it is just some random internet thing. If so, does anyone know why it's there? Sorry if this is not the appropriate subreddit for this.

    submitted by /u/KazyManazy
    [link] [comments]

    Untrusted file fix

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Hi, so I've been trying to install rust for about a day now and whenever I try to access the game it crashes as it shows that easy anticheat has loaded. When I close the program I get a notification on my screen that says "untrusted file (C:Windows\System32\amdihk64.dll)" I've tried everything, I've done multiple system scans, reset the Winsock catalog, tested the Integrity of the files, I even allowed it to connect through my firewall and I still get nothing, please help!

    submitted by /u/Aaronruddock6
    [link] [comments]

    Can i access notes without password on samsung?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I have a samsung phone with a model type password that i lost about 5 minths ago. Today i found it. I have a really important note on there. Any way of bypassing passord or accessing it?

    submitted by /u/lababanana
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment