• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    Tech Support - My work badge has a bar code. Is there a way I can decipher the numbers in case I forget the badge at home?

    Tech Support - My work badge has a bar code. Is there a way I can decipher the numbers in case I forget the badge at home?


    My work badge has a bar code. Is there a way I can decipher the numbers in case I forget the badge at home?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Hi guys- today I got yelled at by my boss when I forgot my badge at home. He made me drive home and get it so I could scan it for my delivery job. I tried googling this but deciphering a bar code appears to depend on longer sections of the bar code? Mine is cut off on the bottom so all the bars are the same length. I can, however, see three different widths of bars. How can I get the numbers off this so I can put them in my notes section of my phone in case I forget my badge someday in the fututre?

    BTW, I work for the USPS and need to 'scan in' to use my scanner for deliveries. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Yaquina_Dick_Head
    [link] [comments]

    I'm running a python program that takes 45 seconds to complete, however, while it's happening, VSCode is using 25-30% cpu. Why doesn't it use more cpu in order to finish faster?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Why do laptops run on AC when their batteries are fully charged whereas smartphones trickle charge while plugged in?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here before, but I couldn't find an answer to my question using the search function.
    Is there a reason why laptops run on AC and smartphones don't? Is it because of the chargers power output?

    submitted by /u/cntrl_
    [link] [comments]

    Why Is My Tablet's Battery Lasting Longer Than It Should?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    I bought a really cheap Huawei tablet two years ago on clearance. I only every use it to browse the internet, watch Youtube videos and search for video game walkthroughs. I hadn't used it for almost a year when I finally used it again a few days ago I assumed the battery would be dead but to my surprise the battery was still at 93% charge even after all this time. Isnt this inconsistent with how modern batteries operate? Wasnt the battery supposed to have lost all its' charge after all that time not in use?

    submitted by /u/tempest_wing
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb ad things

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Hey reddit, recently I've been getting ad popups for anti virus sites but I don't really know how to get rid of them. I'm pretty sure I got them accidentally when going onto some random website for matching pfps but they are super annoying and bug me every time they pop up while I'm playing games or watching youtube. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/zarukamaa
    [link] [comments]

    Hosting my own servers.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    My apologies if this is too vague or if the information can be found online more easily than my search concluded. Basically I am looking to build my own server from which to host my own website. Without paying any middle men for hosting and a domain. It's going to be more of a blog than anything else, so the website is basically css. Thank you in advance for any information you believe to be useful here.

    submitted by /u/SaiyanTurt1e
    [link] [comments]

    How do I(16M) get a laptop?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    How do I(16M) legally get a laptop on my own from Best Buy if I desperately need a laptop and my parents won't take me there and I have no relatives or anyone like that or anyone to take me there and I don't have a drivers license and can't drive and have no friends or relatives or anyone over 18 to take me there and I desperately need a laptop? Like I desperately need a laptop asap and I have no other device to use?(for school)

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    How come no companies make 200mm Aio cpu coolers?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    is this even possible? just too niche? would it even work well?

    submitted by /u/ZebraLord7
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung galaxy S8 won't charge

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    I have a really janky charging cable with the ends exposed because they broke from bending all the time. Anyway, I was charging my phone earlier, and accidentally knocked the phone off the desk and it shut off. I'm pretty sure all the pins shorted together.

    I was able to turn the phone back on, however it shut off because it was dead. Now my phone will not charge. If I replace this part do you think that would fix it, or is there a separate charge controller? The phone is a Samsung galaxy S8.

    submitted by /u/relaxinwithjaxin
    [link] [comments]

    No Monitor Signal after installing Second Ram

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    After installing my second Ram, I get no signal on my Monitor Time to Time. I will be mentioning the exact situation below:

    - my Bios is updated to the later update.

    - I have adjusted the Drams frequency from Auto to 1600MHz and the same thing to their voltages ( changed it from Auto to 1.49V) It didn`t work!

    - This situation happens from time to time and then I need to remove one of my Rams turn the pc on, turn it off put the Ram in, and it's ok (No problem with Signal) until next time.

    - Both of my Rams are the same model ( Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDR3)

    - The New Ram Can't be Faulty because when I take out the old one it runs on the new one perfectly(No problem with Signal).

    - Both Rams have been cleaned and totally cleared of dust.

    - This doesn`t happen on a regular basis. sometimes it takes weeks, and sometimes a few days later.

    - I have read it on Google, so I have already unchecked the Fast Start-up on my Win 10. but it didn`t work at all!

    I am really frustrated! Would you Guys please Help me with this. I don`t have any clue at all anymore!

    submitted by /u/nemoconstantine
    [link] [comments]

    mobile hotspot - allow only one website

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a teacher and I want to share my wifi hotspot in a classroom but in order to prevent students abusing this I just need them to be able to access only one website - kahoot - Is this possible, if yes how can I achieve this?

    submitted by /u/aseyrek
    [link] [comments]

    How do you edit a shared google doc anonymously?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I have a group assignment and would like to edit the google doc anonymously

    submitted by /u/Nesquick19
    [link] [comments]

    How to use the phone mic instead of the earbuds mic?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I'd like to use my phone's (iPhone 8 plus) microphone instead of my earbuds microphone since those ones are… pretty shit tbh.

    When I pair my earbuds (not from apple) to my phone it forces the earbuds microphone, but I'd like to be able to have the audio output to the earbuds while using the iPhone's microphone to input the audio, since it's better quality than the ones on the earbuds.

    Is there any way I can do this? I've tried to find answers online but nothing helps, thanks in advance for trying to help!

    submitted by /u/DecafGrizzly
    [link] [comments]

    How to deliver applications to make remote tabletop gaming more accessable

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I'm trying to find a way to let friends connect to a server and have it give them an instanced version of a tabletop rpg application.

    Background: I have an ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds, which allows players to connect without purchasing a subscription to the service. However, they still have to install the application, make an account, then download the materials before ever getting started. This doesn't include a multitude of community plugins that improve the interface. I want to save them this hassle, and give them a login to access a ready instance.

    I'm looking for an easy way to let friends dial into a server (pref Linux) and have it deliver to them an instanced session of the application, similar to Citrix. I'm a bit out to sea on how to accomplish this, so any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Notes: 6 concurrent connections expected. Server to mess with is nice. Bandwidth is not an issue. I expect to have to setup a VPN? Is there a way to have it delivered through a web interface?

    submitted by /u/JesusMcChrist2k15
    [link] [comments]

    Router Question

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Please let me know if I should post this somewhere else:

    Every hour or so, my internet is cutting out. I am not losing my connection to my router, but my pc says "Connected, no internet." This is happening across multiple devices in my home. If I plug an ethernet cable into the router, the issue goes away. I've tried a different router with the same results.

    I don't understand how I'd keep the connection/lose internet on wifi, and then have the internet work running through the same router with a cable. I'd appreciate any Ideas or advice!

    submitted by /u/CuriousVehicle
    [link] [comments]

    How can I use my Android Mobile assistant to play Audible and Postcasts?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    I want to listen to Audiobooks and Podcasts at night without switching on my phone. Phone light at night is causing bad strain to my eye. I wish to use the audio command to play the Audios. How is it possible? Google is my default assistant but doesn't seem to support Audible I guess. How to switch on Audio command even when the phone is locked? My assistant doesn't reply when phone is in a locked mode. Is Amazon Alexa a better assistant for a Mobile phone?

    submitted by /u/tanmayshah28
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment