• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    Tech Support - How to stream from panasonic camcorder to OBS?

    Tech Support - How to stream from panasonic camcorder to OBS?


    How to stream from panasonic camcorder to OBS?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm trying to set up from my panasonic camcorder to directly stream to OBS on my mac to livestream what's in front of the camera. I am having some issues though, the only way the computer detects the camera is through the memory card, meaning the only thing I can access are existing files. Nothing happens when I plug an HDMI into the camera even with external recording on. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/penguinluvR428
    [link] [comments]

    Data usage monitor

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    So a little background, I live in Australia and as such my home internet isn't great. Thus, I've been hot spotting my phone to take online classes.

    What I was wondering was if there is a way to see data usage for a particular app over a period of time. I know windows has a simple data usage monitor in the settings but that only monitors the whole browser over a month and I want to see how much data a particular tab uses over about an hour and a half.

    I use Firefox which doesn't have quite the number of extension as Chrome does and I might have an easier time finding what I want on Chrome but I though I had better ask someone first. Ideally I'd prefer to have another program rather then an extension anyway.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my post

    submitted by /u/SilverWhiskeyBottle
    [link] [comments]

    I need help unlcking laptops given to me

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    My old primary school gave me a few old laptops to mess around with but they are locked, i was wondering if anybody had ideas on how to unock them because i dont wanna drive 3 hours for them to unlock them.

    Any ideas are helpful

    submitted by /u/CrappyCam
    [link] [comments]

    A way to have the same mobile plan on two devices - eSim & Physical sim?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if it's at all possible to have my mobile plan (Telstra) to be used simultaneously on two different devices.

    Can this be done: I turn my sim card into eSim, put the original physical card into another device?

    The reason for this is that I want to use my the data from my plan as the household's internet for my partner as well as hotspot for TV, iPad, etc. Essentially I want the other device to act as a modem.

    This would be favourable as opposed to buying broadband plan, which is another $$$ hit to my monthly payments.

    submitted by /u/Final_Priest
    [link] [comments]

    11 dangerous appcybercrimecybersecurityhackhackermalwarescamscam alertvirus

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Good morning guys… We are back again with a wonderful tech news and today it is on Cybersecurity and how to keep yourself safe from hackers and other forms of Cyberthreats Researchers have recently discovered over 10 malicious apps which have been found to infect Smartphones with Malware.

    These malicious apps sign up users to Premium rate Subscriptions without their permissions.

    In this article we'll look at the types of Malwares discovered and how to keep yourself safe from Malicious apps and softwares Researchers from Check Point found 11 dangerous pieces of software disguised as ordinary apps including a flower wallpapers app, an alarm app, a memory game, a file-recovery app, and several apps that offer cheery messages or relaxation.

    All these apps contained a type of Malware called "Joker" which is among the most prominent types of Malware affecting Phones running on the Android OS Check Point researchers further explained: "Joker, one of the most prominent types of malware for Android, keeps finding its way into Google 's official application market as a result of little changes to its code, which empowers it to move beyond the Play store's security and reviewing boundaries.

    This time, in any case, the vindictive on-screen character behind Joker embraced an old strategy from the traditional PC danger scene and utilized it in the portable application world to stay away from location by Google."

    According to Researchers, Joker Malware hid itself in Legitimate and harmless applications and installed additional Malware into devices of unsuspecting users.

    Once installed the Malware goes ahead to register users for Premium Services without their Knowledge and Consent.

    The 11 dangerous apps 1. com.imagecompress.android 2. com.contact.withme.texts 3. com.hmvoice.friendsms 4. com.relax.relaxation.androidsms 5. com.cheery.message.sendsms 6. com.peason.lovinglovemessage 7. com.file.recovefiles 8. com.LPlocker.lockapps 9. com.remindme.alram

    Corrective Steps If you are a victim of this Malware attack then take the following steps.

    Uninstall the infected application from the device Check your versatile and Mastercard bills to check whether you have been pursued any memberships and withdraw if conceivable Install a security solution(Antivirus) to prevent future infections install Apps only from Google Play Store and avoid installing apps from 3rd Party sites Carry out periodic Scans on your Phone to discover and clear out vulnerability and Viruses.

    Source: http://skipogist.com/11-dangerous-apps-that-can-hack-into-bank-account-for-android-users-was-discovered/

    submitted by /u/Bbc_news_update
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe for the TV to permanently mount a 50 inch 18 lb 4K screen in portrait using VESA 200?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am hoping this is an appropriate place to post this.

    I am a home user seeking to have a permanent portrait screen in my house for the purpose of both proofing and displaying digital art.

    I would like this to be 4K resolution and 50 inches, though I could also do 43 if necessary.

    I have found many possible options to purchase, all around 16 to 18 lbs, and most use a VESA 200 x 200.

    I do not want to tilt or rotate it at all.

    I intend to use a low profile rigid wall mount with no tilt and no swivel.

    The question is, will mounting a standard consumer television sideways and keeping it that way all the time harm anything on the television? Are VESA mounts tested for such uses? I only hesitate due to the size, but, at only 18 lbs, it should be okay, right?

    Is there something I should know in that regard?

    The only tip I could really find on a search was that I could buy a commercial display screen but I do not want to spend thousands on this. I can get a 50 inch 4K screen for about $200, and a mount for $40, and at that price, I want a portrait digital art screen.

    submitted by /u/revision0
    [link] [comments]

    TV help - Mini USB to HDMI converter?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Hi there - hope this is the right place for this type of question!

    I just bought a new Smart TV which no longer has the RCA input for an old DVD player (just in case we ever want to fire up an old DVD every once in a while)...I have an old external DVD player for use on laptops that has a Mini B USB to standard USB port, but this is not read when plugging into the TV. However, I'm thinking that if I could get my hands on a Mini USB to HDMI converter, that should do the trick.

    My question is - does such a converter even exist? In looking on various sites I don't see anything specifically USB-B Mini to HDMI, it's typically Mini to regular USB (which this already has), or Display Port to HDMI. Just curious if anyone is aware of such a magical converter cable, or if I'm just chasing something that doesn't exist.

    Thanks in advance!!!

    submitted by /u/theihlc
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a Virgin Media Broadband Cable?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Moving house, hoping to have Virgin installed. Runs through the wall and I assume outside?

    Not sure if Virgin know which houses theyve installed anyway.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/sm8NK9E

    submitted by /u/Elm_Groove
    [link] [comments]

    Emoticons :)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    On a lot of websites like discord and facebook messenger emoticons translate into emojis. now i could just put a space between the emoticon but it's ugly looking. does anyone know how to make it so :) doesn't autocorrect to 🙂

    submitted by /u/littelrat
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring Time

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    I accidentally clicked reset button on my Samsung Galaxy j7 phone. The phone asked me to log in my past gmail account to access it. I logged in my gmail account. The phone asked If I want to restore all my previous data and apps and I clicked yes. The question is I did not know how long this would take. It has been restoring for 7 hrs now. I would like to ask if how long would this last and would I really retrieve all my data from the past because that would really make me happy.

    Thanks in advance subreddit!

    submitted by /u/VinTD123
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid question: Is it possible for people to get into my streaming/gaming accounts without a password?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Here's the thing... I have fairly secure (but not perfect...) passwords on my streaming and gaming accounts. I check regularly to see if any of my other major accounts have been involved in hacks or leaks, or if my passwords are out on the web... Which they're not. Yet I'm constantly getting 2-factor authentication requests for PSN and my Netflix, DC Universe, and Disney + accounts show that things that I've never watched or read on my watched lists. Do people have ways of "logging in" without passwords, or have they actually been leaked despite my searches showing otherwise?

    submitted by /u/TBoarder
    [link] [comments]

    Are AM/OLED displays in general more energy efficient and do they provide better battery life than LCD displays? Why don't larger devices such as laptops use OLED displays?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    A lot of smartphone displays are AMOLED or OLED, and I understand that the various permutations of OLED tech produces sharper images with more rich blacks than LCD does. I also know that an OLED display showing a black pixel has turned that part of the screen off, so covering more of the screen real estate in true black saves energy. I have been told that OLED in general is more energy efficient than LCD displays. If this is true, then wouldn't laptops benefit from OLED displays as well?

    submitted by /u/Superb-Crow
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Lenovo Thinkpad Sale a good price?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I apologize if this isn't the place for this question. I'm looking into buying a new laptop and the Lenovo Thinkpad L13 is 40% off down to $497. Is this a worthwhile laptop? Even if it isn't a top choice, is this deal a good enough reason to purchase over other similar machines?

    submitted by /u/PalomBr0
    [link] [comments]

    Google Alerts Q

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Is it possible to set up Google Alerts from specific websites only?

    submitted by /u/eeek0711
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Doesn't Recognize When I'm Holding A Key Down

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    So I was playing Muse Dash, a rhythm game, on my laptop (HP 240 G7 I think) and there are parts where you're supposed to hold down the correct key, so I hold it down but after a bit it just stops, as if i had released the key when I still have it pressed down, this also happens when playing minecraft, my character stops sprinting after a while, this seems to only happen in games, because when I'm doing anything else the keys work just fine, I have no idea why this is happening, so if any of you can help I would be very grateful :)

    submitted by /u/FlmngPhnx154
    [link] [comments]

    Why hasn't removable battery systems taken off for EVA (electric cars)?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    I know long term an EVA (plug in electric car) with a range of 600 miles and a full recharging time less than 3 minutes is the goal (and 20,000 battery cycles with no loss of capacity), but why can't we have a battery swap network around the country that would satisfy the same issue (like we do for LP gas for gas grills) in the mean time?

    submitted by /u/ABobby077
    [link] [comments]

    Email From Microsoft - Updates to our terms of use???

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Has anyone else received this email? This is the first time I can ever remember receiving such an email from mircosoft. Pretty much saying, our way of get the fuck out! If you don't agree, then leave.

    I didn't click on any on of the links but I am wondering WTF they are planning, and threatening, if this is true.

    Any ideas what is going on?

    Thanks!


    Hello, You're receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We're making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover new Microsoft products, services and features. The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services. You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQ page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on Oc‍to‍ber 1, 20‍20. If you continue to use our products and services on or after Oc‍to‍ber 1, 20‍20, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement. If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child's or teenager's use of Microsoft products and services, including purchases. Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

    submitted by /u/awwman_
    [link] [comments]

    Will i benefit from a faster cpu if my current utilization never hits 100%?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Experiences with fitness trackers?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Hey, I'm currently thinking about getting a fitness tracker. Ideally, I'd want to be able to get data for several sports, but especially swimming and running. Basically, the design isn't that important, but something small and not so prominent like the fitbit inspire would be favorable. Do any of you have some experience in the field and can maybe recommend something? I really don't need it to have a lot of extra functions, so I wouldn't want to spend more than like 100€. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Helioke
    [link] [comments]

    Bottlenecking

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Hello,
    I just wanted to ask if an RTX 2060 compatible with a Ryzen 7 2700X? I just watched a video on bottlenecking and i just wanted to know.

    submitted by /u/FrostOptic
    [link] [comments]

    Do WiFi range extenders lower internet bandwidth?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    Some info to start.

    My family has a 20 Mbps plan and we have a modem/router combo that our ISP gave us when we changed homes.

    My sister bought a Wifi Range Extender (http://fivehome.org/fivehome-fw-ac-1200-wifi-range-extender-1200mbps/), and my brother thinks that it may be affecting our internet speed.

    So, I was wondering if it's true that WiFi range extenders affect internet speed or internet bandwidth, and if so, what can I do to improve it?

    submitted by /u/rambo8699
    [link] [comments]

    What is [HYBRID INTERNET]?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    So, what is hybrid internet?. So it's like you get basic Wi-Fi router, and then a wireless router with some ethernet ports, which uses mobile data or something? ELI5

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_GODZILLA_PICS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment