• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Tech Support - Why do I get Facebook/Instagram ads on my phone for things my fiance searches for on his phone?

    Tech Support - Why do I get Facebook/Instagram ads on my phone for things my fiance searches for on his phone?


    Why do I get Facebook/Instagram ads on my phone for things my fiance searches for on his phone?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    This has happened a ton recently where me or my fiancé will search for something online and then the other will start getting Facebook and / or instagram ads for the exact thing?! For example, fiancé searched for thermarest sleeping bag on his phone while I was brushing my teeth, then I come back and pull up Facebook on my phone, and boom, thermarest Facebook ads. I'm sure there's a simple explanation but it is so creepy!

    submitted by /u/sparkalz
    [link] [comments]

    Now that Adobe Flash is officially on its way out, what do we do with unconverted flash stuff?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    According to what I've heard, not only is official support for Adobe Flash is ending sometime around December, but supposedly the player itself will stop working altogether due to some kind of encoded killswitch. I get that a ton of flash games and other stuff has transitioned over to html, but I've found quite a few that aren't likely to be converted anytime soon. So, what can be done to ensure that such flash content can still be enjoyed long after the expiration date of Adobe Flash? Is there some kind of open source alternative in development/already released?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Engino
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Fing is showing weird stuff going on.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    I have a couple odd devices showing on fing from time to time. The main concern i have though is a tablet showing with multiple IP addresses and open ports 53 and 8080. Can someone help me? Idk if someone in the house is doing weird shit or if someone has hacked our router. Please help.

    submitted by /u/skeet410990
    [link] [comments]

    3 Monitors, 2x 1080p60 and 1x 1440p144. How do I make the mouse flow from screen to screen well?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    I have a triple monitor setup. The left and right monitor are both 1080p and have the same diagonal 27 inches as my center monitor at 1440p. Even though both screens are the exact same size, Windows treats the 1080p monitors smaller than the 1440p monitor.

    https://i.imgur.com/tqTKIQY.png

    The green rectangles represent the actual position of my physical monitors.
    The Blue rectangles represent what windows reports to be the size and position of my monitors.

    I tried upscaling the 1080p monitors to 1440p monitors, and it worked until it bricked one of them and I had to get a replacement.

    Is there a way to fix this issue in the Windows Settings or with software I could download or even purchase?

    Workflow in my programs is a hassle to compensate for. Even after a month, I still missclick the wrong option as I think my mouse will go somewhere when it goes somewhere else. In applications like Blender and Unreal Engine, sometimes a simple CTRL+Z isn't enough to undo the damage.

    https://i.imgur.com/WndFOe7.png

    This is the easiest diagram to explain it. Scaling to the pixels instead of the size of the monitor is frustrating; some parts of the screen flow the cursor straight across while other parts of the screen have a 4 inch jump from monitor to monitor.

    Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/Sputnikcer
    [link] [comments]

    Phone number and OTP generator

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    I am relatively new on reddit so sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question. I recently discovered my account information including my phone number was leaked in a website breach. I was wondering if there is a way I can use a virtual phone number and get an OTP there to register to a site. I know there are sites like random card generator but is there a place where I can get a phone number and OTP without me putting my real phone number.

    submitted by /u/gloomysnot
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a phone case which doubles as a screen protector?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    Game capture card compatible with on board graphics

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    I am interested in doing some live streaming on my Nintendo Switch but I do not have a gaming computer. Most of the cards I have looked into require a fairly decent graphics card.

    I have a Microsoft surface laptop 3 which has Ryzen 7, RX Vega 11 integrated graphics, and I also have a 2015 5k iMac with a quad core i5 and an AMD Radeon R9 M380 graphics, it has bootcamp windows 10 so I can run either MacOS or Windows.

    I'm happy to use either computer if something decent is possible. It seems that even cards that have built in encoders require a more powerful graphics card.

    I am hoping to live stream so my friends can watch, not record and upload later.

    submitted by /u/Tananis
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete images from my PC?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I totally didn't download some images of anime figures to show to my friends to show off how much of a degenerate weeb I am, but if I didn't do this, how would I erase the images from my computer through the file explorer?

    submitted by /u/DialDegree31
    [link] [comments]

    Best powerbank to electrocute my nipples with?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    Damaged iPhone charging port from water. Is it dangerous to use?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    This is gonna sound stupid. But I got caught in the rain and my iPhone got wet. I stupidly decided to charge it forgetting it was still wet and it gave me a warning that the port was wet and charging is unavailable until it's dry. I waited a few hours and tried again and it did charge. But later on I found out I completely messed up the charging port cause it doesn't charge with certain cables anymore and only works at certain angles. I'm kinda scared to use my iPhone because I am worried it might shock me out there's gonna be radiation from the charging port.

    submitted by /u/JakeHassle
    [link] [comments]

    I need help choosing a laptop

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    So I'm gonna be a sophomore in high school next year and I need a good computer that I plan on using for several years. I would like something simple but with a lot of power. It's gonna be used for school work but also a lot of gaming as I don't have a console or PC so I wanna get into gaming more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My max budget is 2000 but that's only if the computer is really worth the price I'd like to keep it below 1700. A friend recommended this sub to me and I know nothing about details of computers or what to look for in a good one. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

    submitted by /u/c_whtkr
    [link] [comments]

    With my phone plan I have 15GB max on my hotspot from my phone. I'm trying to just get good internet for my computer for a month. Whats a good way to go about this? Sincerely student living on his own for the first time.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    I currently have a verizon plan with a 15GB hotspot, but that is not enough for the work I have to do on my computer. I create educational videos as part of my job, and that leaves a lot of uploading and downloading, then theres always games with friends. I leave for college in a month and just have to get by till then. Whats the best route of action? Family told me to look into a hotspot like below. Is this the cheapest bet? Would this go off our plan, our hotspot plan, or do its own thing. I appreciate all the help, usually I'm the one giving tech advice but now I'm lost.

    Ex) https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Travel-Router-TL-WR902AC/dp/B01N5RCZQH?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-ellipsis-jetpack-4g-lte-prepaid-mobile-hotspot-black/5971800.p?skuId=5971800

    submitted by /u/KaiPhotography
    [link] [comments]

    Hard drive

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    If i drag a file from my hard drive to my desktop will it stay on my hard drive?

    submitted by /u/ptycatching23
    [link] [comments]

    Asus vg248qe monitor stand?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    can you use any monitor stand with the Asus vg248qe?. I don't see any screw holes behind the monitor. I specifically wanna use a Vivo monitor stand but I'm not sure if the Asus vg248qe is compatible with the monitor stand. Do any of you guys know if this monitor stand is compatible with an Asus vg248qe monitor? link to the monitor stand: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B21TLQU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3W3STWCK1O3NR&psc=1

    submitted by /u/elchapobutinwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Help picking wifi plan

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    So I'm starting law school soon and need to get wifi for my little apartment.

    For $30 a month I can get Xfinity Performance Plus Internet which includes 60mps download and 5mps upload speeds. Will this be fast enough for me to use Zoom for classes? My only device used on the wifi will be my laptop and sometimes my iPad as a second screen.

    Any input would be great! I'm truly know nothing about tech stuff.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/gg_snow
    [link] [comments]

    How to speed up a smartphone?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    This smartphone running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 and Android 9 is too slow, I mean too damn slow regardless of its 10GB+ free storage space and up to date software. I ran a virus check using the in-build security tool but it showed the phone is clean. What else can I do to fix this issue? What's the best way to boost it's speed?

    submitted by /u/IK118
    [link] [comments]

    Thermal printer installation.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    I have a thermal printer (POS801-US). It shows as virtual printer when i connect it through USB to my desktop. I need specific drivers to use it. Can anyone suggest me drivers for this this model of thermal printer. I am attaching complete details of my printer in the link. Thanks in advance.Complete specifications of Printer.

    submitted by /u/nouman047
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no usb 3.0 Micro-B Female to Type A Male Adapters?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    They're both 3.0 right? What gives? It seems that most of the connections have adapters available both ways. Is it just that there's no demand?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Corn_Thief
    [link] [comments]

    Since GDPR doesn’t allow flow of data from EU to US, what happens if someone from US has a VPN to EU all the time? can the US not see that data ever?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment