• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 7, 2020

    Tech Support - 3D TV without 2D?

    Tech Support - 3D TV without 2D?


    3D TV without 2D?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I was having a conversation with my roommate about old 3D TVs and technology and they claimed that back in the day their family was going to buy a 3D TV but didn't because it did not have a 2D mode. This seems wild to me because I cannot imagine anyone developing a piece of 3D hardware without giving it a 2d mode. My question is was there ever a model of TV released that had a 3D mode but no 2D mode?

    submitted by /u/ulteelectrom
    [link] [comments]

    Help with bypassing screen lock pattern

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Hello there, my uncle passed away unexpectedly last week and his wife was wanting to unlock his phone and she doesn't know the pattern. its a Samsung J2 Pure. I've tried the multiple tries to get a "forgot pattern?" message and that hasn't worked. i also tried the ADM and that didn't work. is there anything else that i can do? his kids tried as well and we're all stuck. Please Help.

    submitted by /u/milladeee
    [link] [comments]

    Router problem

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    So I made another post about how my router dies at the same time everyday I have noticed something else it seems to lose a lot of packets at that time and I feel like it has to do with temperature I keep the router above the shelves where heat will always be, Any idea guys.

    submitted by /u/SweetLemonBun
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding a specific kind of device.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit but I'm wondering if I could find something that can charge my phone from batteries. Something like AA batteries in a case that I can plug a USB cable into.

    submitted by /u/Lazy_Slime
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Keyboard Problem

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    The ZXCV keys are not working. The other keys are functioning fine. I tried Google and got no answers. If anyone can help, thanks. And also here is a video for reference. I just uploaded it on Google Drive.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nt8Py5aLpZI_fDijzCoqXHROrBfkN01H/view?usp=drivesdk

    submitted by /u/lianner1123
    [link] [comments]

    Change op system from 32bit to 64bit

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    How do i do it i know its a stupid question and should i have a 32bit windows 10 or 64 bit dvd to do it

    submitted by /u/vodkavodka22
    [link] [comments]

    Bone Conduction Headset?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I transcribe phone calls for deaf and hard of hearing, through a non-profit organization.

    For example, if a deaf person orders a pizza using a specialized telephone called a CapTel phone (short for captioned telephone - basically a landline with a large screen on it) the call is routed through a computer that I am on the other end of. I cannot hear the deaf person. I can only hear the pizza guy. My job is to transcribe everything he says. Every word. Every stutter. Every hesitation. Every. Single. Thing. The pizza guy is none the wiser that there is anything different about this phone call. The deaf person thinks I am a robot. No one can hear me. No one even knows I am really there. The deaf person reads what the pizza guy says with a five or six second delay on average, depending on several factors including the deaf person's utilities. I can't ask the pizza guy to repeat himself. Again, he can't hear me. If the pizza guy mumbles, and I cannot figure out what he says, it counts against my job performance. If the pizza guy is not speaking clearly, I hope to god my manager who is supposed to randomly listen in on calls agrees with me, that he was indeed speaking incomprehensibly. I can be written up for mis-captioning or omitting/losing content.

    Our software utilizes speech to text recognition. So I'm simultaneously listening to the pizza guy, repeating what I hear, and waiting for my words to come up on the screen so that I can proofread them and make corrections manually as needed. For example, when I was still very new at this I would say, "leave a message at the tone" but it generated into "leave a message at the town". It was difficult to adjust to. I do at least have a "pause pedal" that I can slam with my foot to pause the pizza guy while I give myself a chance to catch up. At any rate, speech to text recognition allows for me to transcribe at 200 words per minute or more on a good day. I keep track of the words my software does not ever generate properly. I am able to let the software catch up to where I am at, and type those difficult-to-recognize (at least for the software) words by hand before continuing.

    With all these complications, I'm actively looking for ways to make my job easier. I read about bone conduction headsets. Will I be able to hear audio through such a headset over my own voice, without damaging my own hearing?

    I will need to find one with an excellent microphone.

    Is that even a thing? This is a full time job. So a Bluetooth headset might not be the best thing. My shifts are frequently 12 hour days on the days when I sign up for overtime.

    Are there even any decent wired bone conduction headsets on the market today? Do I wait to buy a device like this? Is this technology improving in a way that it would greatly benefit me to wait instead of aggressively canvassing the market now?

    Does anyone have any long term experience with bone condition audio that they can share in great detail?

    Thank you if you were able to read all or even part of my long winded question! I'm very appreciative.

    I feel like there is a chance that some of my questions might not really be answerable. How things are going to boil down for me personally is going to vary greatly. I'm in full realization of this. But I don't know of a way to try a bone conduction headset out for myself. LOL even before the pandemic, I had never actually seen a demo model to try on. This is going to be a big expense for me. My employer will not foot the bill for this device. But if it protects me from the consequences of losing content, it's money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

    So I'm hoping a bunch of people sharing their experiences on the matter might be able to guide me just a bit better.

    Thanks again!

    Edit: as stressful as I make it sound, after a little experience, the job can be kind of fun! I didn't mean to make it sound as terrible as I did.

    submitted by /u/ASLotaku
    [link] [comments]

    Going on vacation to a rural area in a couple weeks and need to be able to do work while there. There is very little cell service and the WiFi is very slow should I buy a cell signal extender, bring a better router or is there another option.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    I need to have somewhat consistent WiFi access while there and others may be using large amounts of bandwidth. I have been looking a weboost device or maybe one of the Verizon extenders but I don't know which option to chose. I have a very good mesh WiFi router at home would bringing that help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/aManHasNoUsername_
    [link] [comments]

    Better internet options

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    Hello I live in a two story house. My router is on my top floor and my computer is on the bottom floor. I average around 30-90 ping in most games that I play but I have always wanted that 1 ping or so experience. I do not have to option to link a wire from my bottom floor to my top floor. So I have been looking into a lot of things and I found a video on the "Actiontec 802.11ac Desktop WiFi Extender with 4 Internet Antennas 5GHz, Gigabit Ethernet, Bonded MoCA for Whole Home Fast WiFi (WCB6200Q)" here is the video https://youtu.be/7HyvwTIHq5w does anyone know how this works and if it will be easy and will it lower my ping? Or does anyone have any better ideas? If you know anything please let me know. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Bunedune
    [link] [comments]

    Text message short codes?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Can short codes be assigned to more than one company?

    Full disclosure, my wife received a text from 78156, which much of Google suggests might be from Tinder. But I am also seeing that it might be associated with certain types of commerce vendors (Shopify, Shop Pay, Stripe, etc.).

    submitted by /u/researchthrowaway20
    [link] [comments]

    Powerbanks for Portable Projectors

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    EDIT: Now I'm confused, I could power one of them with a powerbank that output 5V-2.4A, I'm pretty sure I tried that before and it didn't work but anyway, how come it does work now? it's written in red in the description of the product that it needs 3A at least...very confusing.....

    Hello folks,

    I'm a bit confused in all that powerbanks/Quick/Fast Charge/USB C/2.0/3.0 5V 2.4A/3A and I have a simple question that I hope some of you can answer.

    I just bought 2 portable projectors (BYINTEK mini P10 and AUN mini X3) that require 5V/3A to function, the seller has thrown in a compatible cable, if there's such a thing, which looks like USB-A on the picture (I'm sill waiting the package to reach me). My question is, what type of powerbanks do I need to make this all work when and if the internat battery runs out of juice? my confusion comes from the fact that USB-A outputs on powerbanks that I came across deliver max 2.4A and the 3A output are as far as I've seen USB-C.

    Thanks for your insights!

    submitted by /u/whynotnw
    [link] [comments]

    Is Best Buy reliable when it comes to refurbished laptops?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    The laptop I'm looking for is sold out everywhere but there's a refurbished version for sale on Best Buy but I've been warned that refurbished laptops can be a scam and I've heard less than stellar things about Best Buy.

    submitted by /u/colonel_ratzinger
    [link] [comments]

    This is creepy as ass. How did my phone know exactly what question I was about to search?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    I was watching some Legend of Korra with my brother and we were like "huh I wonder how they got more sky bison?" So I turned to my phone and typed in "how are there" and it immediately showed three fill-in results.

    1. "how are there more sky bison" (what the FUCK)

    2. "how are there air...n legend of korra"

    3. "how are there m...in legend of korra"

    How in the ass did this happen? I've NEVER searched for anything about anything in the avatar series on my phone.

    submitted by /u/MyEmptyBagOfChips
    [link] [comments]

    Does mysqldump typically produce a smaller file than the corresponding MySQL database?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I've noticed that the file that a mysqldump performs is smaller than the corresponding MySQL database it backs up.

    Does this mean that something has gone wrong .... or is there simply some compression involved?

    submitted by /u/drjlm3
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 100Mbps internet but I wanna get my own router which one should I buy.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    I will have 6 devices connecting at once.

    submitted by /u/NeelabhKshetry
    [link] [comments]

    VLC is using too much of my CPU when hardcoding.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I'm hardcoding some anime episodes to overlay the subtitles onto the image, so I am able to stream it to chromecast. To hardcode I am using the stream option in Vlc. Anyways. Vlc is using too much of my cpu, is there a way to lower it?

    submitted by /u/nine_thousands
    [link] [comments]

    Boss referred to “PCUT” report? What is that?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    My boss recently asked me if I had ever seen the "PCUT" reports? I said no. I had never heard of this. She made it sound like it was a type of report (like a file format) because she said she would prefer to see it in CSV. I have googled and have not come up with anything called PCUT. Is it possible she meant PDF?

    Yes, I will ask her for clarification. It is just hard because she is new and asks us things I have never heard of all the time and I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm dumb/will get fired - so I'd like to ask around first. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/revaeseltsyrk
    [link] [comments]

    My webcam has a lower framerate then before

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Hey people,

    I bought a webcam and it was able to capture 60fps videos.

    For some reason it now only works on 30 fps. It doesn't have a driver / windows says it's up to date.

    In device manger it only names it as "USB Color Camera".

    I tried out every possible option that the Windows cam software offers, it is really weird because it worked at a higher framerate before. After that I never installed programs that access the camera.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/GruntsOP
    [link] [comments]

    New job title and Duties but i have no idea what either are. Please help

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I am starting a new position at my company soon, I am moving from a role as a customer service representatives in the service plumbing side of my company and into a Position that is more IT-based. In this new position, I will be responsible for low level IT issues, learning how all the most common programs work around the office then teaching those who use the programs new ways to use them to make their workflow better. I will also be in charge of looking out for new software and programs that can be used to replace the old programs. I am also now split between the construction side and the service side of the company but I still belong to the service department. My boss in the service department is still my boss for this new position so I'm not in a manager role. I am having difficulty finding any companies that list positions like this and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to call my new job and where I can go to find examples of the tasks that I would take on in addition to the one laid out for me by management. Please help!

    submitted by /u/xelagnidrah
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to figure out video export on an old security system.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    My girlfriend and I just bought a house and it had a preinstalled old Swann video system. I want to take the BNC composite out and some how send that to an external computer that I could then remote into and view while away from the house. I guess the big question is what's the best way to go from BNC to computer? I was thinking just BNC to HDMI, but I wasn't sure.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/KitKatBarMan
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me decipher an iOS crash log?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    My iPhone on 13.5.1 keeps crashing and the log says this. {"BogusFieldNotActuallyEverUsed":null,"Count":12,"daily_total_BogusMeasureNotActuallyEverUsed":null},"name":"StabilityHeartBeatCount5","uuid":"3c8f638f-d492-465e-9e27-546a163beac9_2"} {"_marker":"<end-of-file>"}

    Does anyone know anything?

    submitted by /u/RichardSkyesII
    [link] [comments]

    What's really the best way to handle telemarketers?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    I have debated myself a while about what's the best way to stop telemarketing calls? Here are my thoughts:

    1. Answer and talk to them, obviously not this
    2. Answer and immediately hang up, so it doesn't seem like a real number (no idea if this works)
    3. Decline/Send to voicemail, this is commonly recommended, but seems like it would make it obvious that it's a real #
    4. Answer and keep on mute so the number seems fake (no idea if this works)
    5. Something else?

    What is the best thing to do?

    submitted by /u/brian21
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a wifi extender that does ethernet only?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    What I mean is something that connexts to your main wifi, but only can be connected to via an ethernet on the device. So instead of broadcasting an SSID, you must connect your PC to it via ethernet port. I know of extenders that have ethernet ports, but I don't need the SSID to be broadcasted out.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MindlessFap
    [link] [comments]

    There's a RAM laptop bundle I'm looking at and I'm not sure they're compatible or if I can install it myself

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying this laptop with this RAM but I just want to make sure that it's something I could do myself. Just want to go from 4GB to 8GB of RAM.

    submitted by /u/colonel_ratzinger
    [link] [comments]

    What is QiniuObject-C?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Hello! I've observing something called QiniuObject-C in app usage details using a program for iOS. Can anyone let me know what this could be or what it is used for?

    submitted by /u/Famous_Plantain_7152
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment