• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 21, 2020

    Tech Support - I plugged in an old hard drive full of old Windows XP viruses into my Windows 10 PC. Am I going to be fine?

    Tech Support - I plugged in an old hard drive full of old Windows XP viruses into my Windows 10 PC. Am I going to be fine?


    I plugged in an old hard drive full of old Windows XP viruses into my Windows 10 PC. Am I going to be fine?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I found an old hard drive in the trash and dug out my old IDE to USB adapter to see what was on it, and Windows Defender went crazy. Just hoping I don't have a problem here.

    submitted by /u/cuddlesdeluxe
    [link] [comments]

    Screen-Record Snapchat

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    Is there currently a working way to screen record Snapchats without letting the other person know and without using a second device on iOS?

    submitted by /u/KDGOAT3535
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Cellular Repeater dictate the number of bars on my phone?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I installed a Cellular Repeater and was only getting 1 bar of signal even when standing very close to the repeater.

    I asked the manufacturer and they said the bars on my phone will not go up because the outside antenna of the Cellular Repeater was not getting enough reception. i.e. if the outside antenna was only getting 1 bar of signal, the repeater will cause my phone to only display 1 bar too.

    I tried to Google this but couldn't find anything, as I would expect my phone (iPhone 6) should display bars based only on the strength of the signal that it received (which should be high, since I was close to the repeater) and not based on something that the repeater prescribes.

    Can repeaters prescribe the number of bars that my cellphone gets?

    submitted by /u/lorenzomofo
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram log in activity reliable?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    It shows I was active on a device that isn't mine on the 7th July. Could that be a mistake? Or has some one definitely accessed my Instagram?? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/SnooTigers5332
    [link] [comments]

    Good tablet-like tech that you can draw on and share screen/ send files to computer?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Are there any good tablets that aren't necessarily high-tech but can somehow have their board streamed to a computer so that it can be seen through a screen share, and maybe saved to a file (like in Google drive)?

    It doesn't have to be an actual iPad-esque tablet, it could be like a boogie board or something, as long as it's less than like $400

    submitted by /u/flavor3121
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys, I am looking to help my mother buy a laptop that fits her needs, skeptical about 10th gen processor frequencies

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm not much of a computer geek although I have a decent understanding about what to look for.

    My mother has bought a laptop in that past blindly for around 300 cad. That was about 6 years ago, and it's been a horrible experience for her. I'd like to help her pick something that will get the job done for her. I myself have a i5 7200u laptop 2.5GHz (3.1 Turbo) with a gpu for light gaming. She won't need a GPU but based on my great experience with the i5, I'd like to get her one as well.

    My only concern is that with the 10th gen mobile processors, I've noticed a big drop in frequencies.. Most of the 10th gen CPU's run at 1.1GHz to 1.8GHz base frequency. Now I've also seen some posts here saying that GHz don't matter as much anymore. 3 years ago 7th gen core i5 mobile processors had base frequencies anywhere from 2GHz to 3GHz, now that the 10th gen core i5's are running at 1.0GHz to 1.8GHz, will they be running at 100% all the time and throttling ? Am I better off getting her an 8th gen whiskey lake processor ?

    Thank you in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/EgyptianDraven
    [link] [comments]

    2 networks one router

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    I'm not quite sure if you can call it another network, but a while back we put a complaint into a ISP about our slow internet. Their solution was that they made a new network(?) that our devices could connect to. The idea was that our phones and TV could connect to that network and our gaming devices could connect to the other network. now I'm not quite sure whether it actually worked or if it was just a cop out excuses to shut us up so we would stop complaining but it seemed to make the internet a lot more stable. Now we ended up getting a new modem a few years later and it seems like that feature was turned off with it. Is there a way to turn that feature back on without contacting the ISP?

    I'm gonna guess it was using two different wifi frequencies too apply this, but ill be honest, im not quite sure?

    Anyway, any sort help would be great thanks.

    submitted by /u/JamesSimmo
    [link] [comments]

    Best tempered glass screen protector for Galaxy A71?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Hello, I've just ordered the A71 from my carrier and their tempered glass protectors are very overpriced for a low quality product so I'm looking online for something better but I'm not sure what to pick out of so many options and I don't want to waste money on something not good.

    The ones I saw recommended a lot are the topace and LK but I'm not sure in the validity of those claims. Any advice is welcome.

    Tl:dr - what's the best tempered glass screen protector for Galaxy A71?

    submitted by /u/brushingviking
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung space saving monitor doubts

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    So, I have a desk with 8mm of thickness, what is the minimum that the clamp can press? It says the maximum it can handle is 90mm, but the minimum?

    If you guys have this monitor, plz do tell, I kinda want to buy one

    submitted by /u/Ahivan64
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use 2 VPN's at the same time?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    My company won't let me work from states that it isn't in but I have to live in another state for about a month. I have to connect to our network through a VPN but I'm pretty sure my connection will be blocked if I try to connect from another state. Is there a way I could use a VPN to connect to a place where my works VPN would allow connection?

    submitted by /u/YaBoyYeahBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Which linux based Media Centre software would you recommend please?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    I use a small windows PC under my TV for using netflix, prime, youtube etc. I also use Kodi and VLC to view downloaded contents. However I find kodi very clunky (as I use a keyboard/trackpad as opposed to a remote control) and a bit infuriating.

    I currently only have 1k display/tv and content but I've decided upgrade to a 4k TV. I'll need to update/upgrade my media centre. So if anyone can recommend some good distros/apps then I'd really appreciate it please.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/--cookajoo--
    [link] [comments]

    I am getting a square pop with the text "abc" in it every time I typed using my laptop Lenovo C940

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    I am getting a square pop with the text "abc" in it every time I typed using my laptop Lenovo C940.

    It does disappear when you want to click on it and/or after few seconds of typing and come back again.

    Iv'e tried to reset the keyboard in vain.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/dachy12
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make a data skimmer?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Zoom audio not working!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I'm using an iPad to meet my cousin on zoom. He uses a Samsung phone. When he tries to talk to us we can't here him. When we talk to him he can hear us. My volume has been up. My cousin doesn't hit the mute button and allowed zoom to get access to his speakerphone, and he always connects to audio. What's happening!?!?!

    submitted by /u/MadScientist700
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with my fully working 2011 2nd gen iPad?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Apps aren't compatible, generally, unless old, but camera, screen, WiFi all work

    I am a musician and a live streamer and a marketer

    submitted by /u/Iliketodriveboobs
    [link] [comments]

    Are Ethernet cables worth it?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Simple question, I understand that Ethernet is better than wireless and it's fairly cheap, but how big is the difference?

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Will a mini SD card fit into any SD card adapter?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Planning for house renovations and I found a bunch of our old phones. I'd love to get pictures off of however, they're mini SD cards. Not Micro not regular, but mini. None of the computers fit that size. I tried inserting it into my laptops SD card reader, but I'm afraid it'll get stuck. I've been searching for adapters online, but the only slots are regular or micro.

    submitted by /u/violentlyanxious
    [link] [comments]

    What matters in buying a new laptop?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    I have a 2009 13 inch screen Mac OS X right now, and it is barely compatible with anything anymore. I am looking at the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, but I'm not sure about which size to get. I want to be able to do simple things such as Microsoft Word, watch YouTube, etc. I also want to do light gaming on the side, not much more than Minecraft Java. I looked into processor speeds, and I am not sure what to look for as far as hardware when it comes to Microsoft laptops. If somebody could let me know what is required to run games smoothly (no more than 30-60 FPS), please let me know. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/adamwillbeadam
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend is seeing 'Chinese' writing after people's English names when she gets Facebook messenger notifications question.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/3nADuUb

    As far as I know it started this morning when she sent me a screen shot of her pop-up notification, to my knowledge once she opens it everything looks normal, it's just [My name][Chinese writing following my name]: Whatever the message was. To explain, this only displays in her pop-up notification that shows on her phone's lock screen, as far as I know when she looks at messenger itself there is no Chinese writing displayed.

    At first I assumed my account had been compromised so I logged out all sessions, didn't see anything out of the ordinary(except I was currently logged in from another city/state, but I logged in and out after cancelling all sessions to find it was just my IP showing a different location, I've seen that before so no biggie.) and changed my password for good measure.

    However, she had another friend message her and got the same thing happen which rule of thumb means it's her account or device(or some bizarre Chinese blanket cracking scheme with all people's accounts in a 50 mile radius, with no trace of a foreign login, which would be pretty unlikely). As I did, I told her to log out of all sessions and change her password to be safe--she's yet to do this as she's currently in a doctor's visit, but I wanted to check here as well and see if anyone might be familiar with this to help rule out her phone/Facebook being compromised, or if she might have just hit some sort of weird setting. She's using an Iphone, I'm on an Android, I don't know what version Iphone she's on but thought the phone brand might be relevant if there's a setting someone can hit that can cause issues. I'm a technology professional but I know next to nothing about social media and have never owned an Apple device, so unless I had her phone/account in front of me to navigate and figure it out I'm totally in the dark here.

    Thanks in advance for any information,

    Edit: I obviously don't speak/read any Asian languages, not trying to be culturally insensitive if the writing displayed is not in fact Chinese--was just my best guess.

    submitted by /u/FPS_Gunfighter
    [link] [comments]

    What are the dangers of open ports?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Ok, so a little background. I have a minecraft server at home and I'm playing in it with my friends. To make it so that they can connect from their home I've opened a port in the router and in the machine's firewall the server is running from.

    Now the thing is we want to have more players on the server but some of them may be untrusted in the end. Is there any danger of giving the IP to untrusted users and potentially compromising my home network (not referring to ddos attacks and the such), or it there no real risk and it's totally fine to give it to other users?

    submitted by /u/sabin_M1
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking to get myself a pair of wireless earbuds and the galaxy active 2 smart watch. I need help choosing the earbuds though since a lot of people aren't happy with the galaxy buds+. I also looked at the Jabra 65t so if you know these two I need your help.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    So galaxy buds+ have some problems with hair triggering the touch buttons on them. Another thing is that I don't know if I can control the buds using the Active 2 smart watch unless the songs are downloaded onto the watch (and neither do I know how much space the watch has for downloaded songs.

    The Jabra 65t is what I'm currently leaning towards since they seem to be more practical and cheaper but I don't know how these Jabra works with the Active 2 watch since the Jabra buds not even a product of Samsung.

    So I'd like to know more about the combo of Active 2 and Samsung buds+ and Jabra 65t if anyone knows any of them.

    submitted by /u/Gulle_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone SE 2020 and Samsung Galaxy buds+

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Can the SE wirelessly charge the buds?

    submitted by /u/izz_Ryan_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment