• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Tech Support - Need a sort of alarm system for my Grandma. Plz help!

    Tech Support - Need a sort of alarm system for my Grandma. Plz help!


    Need a sort of alarm system for my Grandma. Plz help!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Recently my Grandma passed out on the bathroom floor and really hurt her foot. Instead of calling an ambulance my Grandad carried her out and laid her on a pillow and blanket. She woke up after but she still felt really weak. So I was wondering if there is some sort of Like alarm thing that my grandma has on her wrist or around her neck that if she presses it, it will send a notification to a family members phone?

    submitted by /u/_duffster_
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook is freaking me out with the ads for things I’ve talked about but have never looked up.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Okay maybe someone has an explanation for this. Recently my father has become interested in electric bicycles. My uncle has followed him with this. This weekend they both got out their e bikes and ride them all over town. They have been talking non stop about how amazing they are and how much they love them. Now, I however have no interest. I have not looked up an e bike, not interacted on social media with any sort of e bike stuff, nothing. But my father and uncle have been talking around me non stop about them. Well, now every time I open up Facebook and Instagram, it's nothing but e bike ads everywhere. Every. Single. Ad. Why? How does my social media know?? They only thing I can think of is that it's listening to me. Can anyone confirm this? I seriously can't think of any other way that this can happen. And it's not a coincidence, every ad is an e bike and has been all weekend since their e bike craze happened. It's honestly freaking me out.

    EDIT: my father and uncle are not on Facebook or any social media

    submitted by /u/jessforless_
    [link] [comments]

    Can employers track browsing history via their VPN?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    I work from home and in order to access certain work-related sites i have to use VPN. My employer is making us use OpenVPN corporate account. They insist on us using OpenVPN however other VPNs do the trick just fine.
    While it is unlikely that they would but still could they track our browsing history/downloads etc via VPN? Is it technically feasible and expedient to even do so?
    I just don't want my privacy to be violated.

    submitted by /u/NebooCHADnezzar
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion: best music streaming service that also supports uploading your OWN library

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've been using Google Play Music (GPM) for a the last few years, not really for music streaming, but because it held my own music library (50k+).

    GPM is getting replaced by YouTube music, which I haven't tried, but could be a suitable replacement.

    There are many other services out there.

    So let's have a discussion...

    What are your experiences and recommendations with other music streaming sites that also support uploading your own music library?

    What else does each offer that keeps you coming back to the service?

    Free or paid?

    Let the battle commence...

    submitted by /u/choobakka
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro crashed on me, how do I transfer hard drive files to a pc? (more details in description)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    My macbook pro had a nice long 7 year life but crashed on me. It's completely unusable. When it turns on it immediately starts overheating and the screen is just a circle-backslash symbol. I've kept it with plans of transferring hard drive files to my new computer but the only tutorials I'm seeing online are just mac to mac. Can't seem to find a mac to pc. Is it still possible? If so could someone point me in the right direction of a video tutorial or any other instructional source? I'm not against taking it in somewhere and having a professional do it but I'd definitely like to keep that as a last resort.

    My current PC is an Acer model number N17W7

    Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

    submitted by /u/kokomo318
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a device that you can use to manually stretch/squash the picture for a TV?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    So, I have a PAL SNES, and PAL SNES games are often stretched wider than they are in NTSC due to a difference in scan lines (to do with old CRT's).

    Because of this, a majority of games are letterboxed so much that they are effectively stretched to widescreen, making the image look very different to how it's supposed to.

    So, I asked about this on r/SNES and supposedly such a device doesn't exist/could never exist, but I thought it best to ask here too. Essentially what I'm looking for is a simple external device that can take an image signal and allow the user to squash/stretch it to their hearts desire, like some TV's can do but with more freedom/control.

    submitted by /u/Bi_my_oh_my
    [link] [comments]

    Get Facebook messenger alerts in email outlook

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    I rarely ever open Facebook messenger is there any method to get a notification to my email inbox every time a new FB message is receiving or perhaps forward to message to me

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PrizeEntranceAM
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about VHS to HDMI

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm really keen to get a VCR for watching VHS.

    I'm just wondering if it's possible to connect a VCR to my pc monitor with a rca to hdmi adapter or if there is more that would be needed? Is it then possible to record things to and from pc to vhs?

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    another quick question- just to be sure I would be looking for RCA/AV to HDMI not HDMI to RCA

    submitted by /u/foxko
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Screen Macbooks

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Howdy guys!

    Hope all of you are safe x

    So I just purchased a MacBook Pro 2020 to replace my MacBook Pro 2015 retina model.

    The 2015 was starting to get a bit slow and had some storage issues, but overall works fine. I'm looking to use the 2015 model as a secondary display, is that possible?

    Thanks in advance X

    submitted by /u/moonagejames
    [link] [comments]

    I need help. I think my pc is fucked.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    When i turn on my pc i am met with, "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key" i know i have to open my BIOS menu but whenever i press the button to do so nothing happens. Please help.

    submitted by /u/TXQNT
    [link] [comments]

    A question about my calls on iPhone? Any answers appreciated :)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Hi guys, bit of an odd question but I'm quite perplexed. When my family member phoned me, on one of the occasions, it recorded it in my phone history that his location was in Russia whilst obviously he was in England, and went back to normal displaying his name rather than location and phone number on other occasions that he called me recently after. This is the screenshot that will explain it a bit better than I did hopefully? Anyone know why it did this randomly? Any answers very appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/dreamymobi
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use the Motorola SBG6680 as a repeater/extender/secondary network?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I have a long house. The main router is in the middle of the house, but it doesn't provide a strong enough wifi signal for the smart doorbell.

    I have been using a spare router attached to the main router with an ethernet cable to provide a secondary wireless network (with a different SSID) for the doorbell, but it just broke.

    A friend gave me an old Motorola SBG6680 to put in it's place, but this router only has a cable modem input, there is no ethernet input (there is an ethernet switch built in though).

    Is there any way that I can use this to replace my old setup? It doesn't have to work the same way, I just need to provide a stronger wifi signal to the doorbell.

    Searching so far has found very little info on this specific model, but it seems to be pretty similar to the SBG6580. I have no idea what the actual differences are!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    Next-Gen consoles and SSD's

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    How are console manufacturers confident that the SSD's in the next-gen consoles won't die, how will we know if the SSD's in the Next-Gen consoles will last in the future?

    submitted by /u/MARS_97
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a tablet to use in conjunction with a windows laptop for online teaching

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    The tablet doesn't need to be very smart, just connect to my laptop and let me draw on it in a way that I can share it on an application.

    But it should be reliable and not buggy.

    Larger is better and ideally it would cost under $150 (less is better)

    submitted by /u/ChineseDelphinium
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment