• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    Tech Support - 12v 3 pin led cable for rgb case fan?

    Tech Support - 12v 3 pin led cable for rgb case fan?


    12v 3 pin led cable for rgb case fan?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    bought a case (adata xpg battlecruiser) and it has 4 included rgb fans but I noticed something weird when hooking the fans up, the power cables on the fans fit fine but the pins for the led cables are the 3 pin (one missing in the off-center) but the fans are 12v. Im new to building but i was under the impression 4 pin led cables are always 12v and the 3 pin are always 5v. This seems to be the case as i can't find other connectors even other fans that has "3 pin 12v" connectors.

    I have 4 of these fans plus 2 other 4 pin 12v rgb fans, whats the best way to hook all of these up together and make them controllable given the 12v 3 pin problem? I can't find a hub for 3 pin 12 v connectors so I have no clue how to solve this.

    submitted by /u/rustaholic88
    [link] [comments]

    Is clearing CMOS completely fool-proof at getting rid of a BIOS/UEFI password?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    I know this worked on older machines, but I see reports now that the password is stored in non-volatile flash memory (like what is in an SD card), where the password can stay, even if there is no power.

    Has anyone experienced this, or does clearing the CMOS ALWAYS work?

    submitted by /u/1_p_freely
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be worried that someone has my IP address and if they do what would they be able to do with it?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    (I opened the link on my phone)Someone sent me a website in a twitter dm and it had my username next in the link and it didn't say "grabify" so i assumed it was safe, so i got curious and clicked it, it didn't load. I asked them what is it and they told me they don't remember sending it and that it probably auto-sent and that I shouldn't open it. Now i'm scared i'm gonna get doxxed or hacked T-T

    submitted by /u/SaltyWinter129
    [link] [comments]

    Open apps with different finger

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, does anyone know any way to assign different finger prints to some apps? I mean for ex. if I want to assign my index to open whatsapp but my middle finger to unlock my cellphone.

    submitted by /u/concesar
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions USB-C Hub for Laptop

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I'd like a USB-C Hub with a long cable to the PC (at least 30cm; or interchangeable cable so that I can use one).

    I had bought this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MKC5Z1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Problem: When I try to charge my PC, windows says the charging is slower. Even if no other cables are plugged into the Hub. I presume I need a high powered Hub, like 100W+, because my PC needs 65W to be charged efficiently.

    I need the following ports:

    - min. 2*USB 3.0

    - HDMI + VGA

    - SD+Micro-SD (+if possible SDHC) reader

    - Ethernet (=RJ45)

    (- Retractable/Interchangeable cable to plug into the computer)

    Don't need audio. Would prefer without power cable, USB-C in would be more appreciated if it has to be power externally (to limit the number of different cables...)

    Under 150€ would be great.

    I have found this one but I am not sure whether the cable is retractable or long enough. Would glady have your opinion upon it.

    submitted by /u/hight996
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C Switchable Dock for Peripherals

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I have a PC setup as well as a Macbook, and I'd like to take advantage of the monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers I have on the Macbook without unplugging/resyncing things every time.

    I'm on the hunt for a USB-C dock/hub that can just be toggled between two different systems - does this exist?

    My backup is to just keep two USB-C cables on the desk - one always plugged into the PC and one for plugging into the laptop. Then just swap the cables on a normal hub whenever I need to switch. Not great but it'll do the job. I figured there might be something better out there, I just can't find it!

    submitted by /u/chazbot7
    [link] [comments]

    What type of DATA socket plug is this?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/HKujDpk

    I'm spending the next few months in this hotel room, I'd love to be able to connect my laptop to the ethernet but the socket is too square for the plug to fit.

    submitted by /u/boxcoxnc
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an answering machine that will only allow whitelisted numbers to ring the phone and send all other calls straight to the message?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    This is for my parents' landline, which they refuse to give up. They get so many caller-id-spoofed robocalls that the phone is constantly ringing, but they refuse to turn the ringer off because their friends sometimes call. When I visit it drives me insane. They need something that doesn't just straight-up block calls because they occasionally get real calls from numbers they don't know (doctor's office, distant relatives, etc). It would be great if the whitelist could match on the name as well as the number, so they could whitelist stuff like "Kaiser Permanente."

    Any recommendations appreciated.

    submitted by /u/eldy50
    [link] [comments]

    Vimeo Plan and Pricing Question

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I'm finding Vimeo pricing very confusing. I am not sure if I need Vimeo on Demand or OTT. I have a fitness club. I want my members (around 300) to access all of our fitness videos. I want to sell subscriptions or pay per view to non-members. It says that you can sell subscriptions on On Demand. Can I just import the existing 300 people who will get it for free and there is no charge for them? In OTT, the basic plan says it is $1/person. I am also looking at another product called Yondo which is an all in one video and ecommerce site and you keep 100% of the revenue. Any insight or answers are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Condoleeza_13
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for cheap HDMI adapters for multiple monitors

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Anyone have any recommendations? The cheapest I can find is about $70, which seems pretty excessive in my opinion.

    My main goal is to just connect my laptop to my tv and monitor so I can watch videos on one and browse on the other.

    submitted by /u/meaksda7
    [link] [comments]

    Could you back track a GPS device left on your car?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    A friend of mine has an aunt who is being stalked by some guy and she recently found a GPS tracker on her car. She reported it to the police department and they have it now, but she thinks she may have found another one. Would it be possible to back track a device like this to find where the user who placed it is? If not what should my friends aunt do to gather more evidence against said person? Are there any known countermeasures that GPS tracking companies have for this?

    submitted by /u/GroovyPu
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a super simple and cheap smart button that can connect to an Amazon Smart Plug (via Alexa)? Press button to turn on the plug, press button to turn off the plug.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    I know there are smart light switches out there, which would do the job, but they seem rather expensive and they're bigger than what I need. I thought there might be a button similar to an Amazon Dash button that would work.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a Green Line in K20 Pro Photos.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I am getting a kind of dotted Green Line at the bottom of landscape Photos and left side of portrait photos clicked from my Redmi K20 Pro. The lines are only visible in dark images like when iso is very less and the image is almost black. I cleared the cache and also rebooted the device but it's still happening. See Images : https://imgur.com/gallery/R7XI9wX

    EDIT : The green lines are not visible in the images I uploaded on Imgur. But they are visible in original images. I don't know why.

    submitted by /u/nairitya
    [link] [comments]

    Audio in and outputs

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hey Guys,

    my father asked me to setup his Laptop to mix his audio with his mic into his audio output so he can play a song on youtube and sing over it in like an online chatroom.

    i tried vb audio voicemeeter in combination with their virtual sound cable program ( https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/ ) but cant get it to work the way my father wants it.

    also he wants a software solution

    any ideas?

    ps: no native english speaker sorreeeeyyy

    submitted by /u/WagyuWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard HDMI question (1.4 vs 2.0)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    For a PC that has no dedicated GPU and instead only uses a CPU with integrated graphics (in my case a 3200g), does the motherboard choice actually dictate HDMI 1.4 vs 2.0, or is it entirely dependent on the processor?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mark7993
    [link] [comments]

    Which resolution does cinebech r20 render on ?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Is there a way to remove popup texts from images in a PDF file?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I converted a word file with illustrations into a pdf, and when I hover over some illustrations it shows the file adres of an art i pasted into it. Is there a way to remove that?

    submitted by /u/DoctorMezmerro
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with headphone jack

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Hopefully someone can help me! My laptop (Acer aspire E15 running Windows 10) has stopped recognising when I plug in my headphones. I've tried reinstalling the driver, rolling it back, fiddling around with audio settings which hasn't worked. I've used Realtek Audio Manager and ticked 'Disable front panel jack detection' which then routes audio to both headphones and the laptop speakers which sort of defeats the point of headphones.. Is there a way I can have the audio from only the headphones?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hareyb
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't you center-click "buttons" to open them in a new tab?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    Movie-like AI/Siri/Google Assistant

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Movie-like AI/Siri/Google Assistant

    Hey Guys,

    What do you think, when voice assistants like for example Siri will be as good as shown in some sci-fi movies, „Her" comes in my mind first. I am talking about a natural conversation without almost any „cant do that" / „I don't know how can I help you with that" errors. Just natural conversations as if you would talk with a human

    When talking about language, wasn't there a service called google duplex, which seemed to be extremely realistic? Have seen some insane videos but never heard about it again.

    Do you think 5 years from now, 2025, is realistic?

    ~no native speaker disclaimer~

    submitted by /u/darkvibesss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment