• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 2, 2020

    Tech Support - Will using a fast charger damage my phone battery?

    Tech Support - Will using a fast charger damage my phone battery?


    Will using a fast charger damage my phone battery?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    When I got my phone they said "it doesn't have fast charging." I took this to mean my phone able to use a fast charger.

    Fast forward to now and my charger wire is needing a replacement. I could only find a wire+box combo on Amazon so I bought it. The box it came with has adaptive fast charging. If I used this box would it be harmful to my phone or battery?

    submitted by /u/the5ilent1
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a slideshow movie about our lives for our anniversary, what would be the best program to do this? (Pictures, Video Clips, Backround Music, Voice over by me)

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    I'm creating an anniversary video for my spouse and have a long road ahead of me to create it as I'm not very versed in this type of software. I would like to add backround music (from songs that have meaning to us) while going over pictures and video clips from our past, with a voice over from me on top) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Judge_Ravina
    [link] [comments]

    How can I convert downloaded M3U8 file to MP4?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Help With XBox 360 Repair

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    Hello, sorry I don't know if this is the right place, but I was looking for a detailed full breakdown guide of an Xbox 360, especially for the disk drive, I've looked everywhere and can only find how to remove the drive but not take apart/put together the drive. If anyone would have any recommendations that would be awesome. Or point me in the right place, thanks :)

    submitted by /u/99RetardedBananas
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2015

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Hey, I need a MacBook Air charger I believe early 2015. I keep ordering stuff but it's only coming with the extension leads I don't know where to buy an actual one! Affordable price as well.

    submitted by /u/Aromatic-Fill
    [link] [comments]

    does shutup10 need to be reactivated every time windows 10 updates itself?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    I plan on using this to remove/disable windows 10 bloat and disable tracking/spying stuff but ive seen people mention that windows reinstalls built in stuff every time it activates, does that mean shutup10 needs to be run after every update?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    How to view some specific metadata from Office and PDF files?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    I need to check (a) all the people (i.e. device or username, any would suffice) that edited a few documents and (b) when those edits were made. They're Word, Excel and PDF files.

    Is there a way to view this kind of metadata?

    I've already checked the details tab of the files' properties. The fields "Authors", "Last saved by", "content created", "date last saved" and "total editing time" for the office files are all of great value. Do they encompass all the users that manipulated the document?

    The same tab keeps track of how many times the document was saved. It would be great to view when it all happened and on which machine/by which user!

    I'm also aware that I could rename de office files' extension to .zip and examine the xml within but I don't know what to look for.

    submitted by /u/marioho
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most convenient Linux distro?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Is there an autoclicker program for PC that also uses gamepad inputs?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    I cannot seem to find any and don't know where to look.

    submitted by /u/Daisule10
    [link] [comments]

    lookin' forward to switch to linux from windows

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    The relevent distros according to my needs i could find were: Kali Linux and Ubuntu ,I only do some programming in C++,JAVA,Python and also some gamedev in Godot, which should i choose

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Slow SSD.... NEEED HELPPP

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I recently got an external SSD to download things too. I wanted to download a game onto it and it was SO SLOW. I am trying to find the bottle neck. So, I have internet around 75 MB/s and USB 3.0. The SSD reads at around 400 MB/s. Yet the game is downloading at 4-5 MB/s. Any help??

    submitted by /u/YABOICORD
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with wireless broadband

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    I have recently got a huawei 4g router 3 prime there is little choice of providers in Australia and our internet is garbage and this is all i can get. My neighbor using the exact same plan and device is able to get speeds of 20mbps i cant even get 1mbps

    I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for how i can increase my speeds. In my frustration i set up the router outside on the deck and played around in the settings gave up and browsed reddit. I noticed that videos were loading perfectly so i checked the speed and i was getting 30mbps out of nowhere so i moved the router back inside and boom nothing, even moving it outside again doesnt work

    Here is some gibberish stats for people smarter than me if it helps my neighbor was going on about setting the band to 3 but that just confused me

    Help a poor australian with shitty internet please

    Edit:Just noticed that the screen shot said band 3, it didnt say that before so it randomly changed to it and is working better now, but the router needs to be moved and i know it will change again

    submitted by /u/Harry_with_an_S
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s security concerns. Is my phone at risk because I don’t access to the latest iOS?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6s and have only found out that I will not be able to update my phone past iOS 13. To what degree will this effect my phone? Will my online banking, emails, etc be vulnerable? Will I still get security updated? Is the best course of action to just buy a newer model?

    submitted by /u/nomercy4stoogez
    [link] [comments]

    Question about broadband speeds

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    I get the keys to my flat on Monday, it will be just me living there. I'm looking at tv and broadband packages and sky offer a reasonable package but only 11Mbps, where I lived now we get around 60Mbps but there are 4 of us living here.

    I would assume 11Mbps would be enough for one person, however I am a gamer and do occasionally play online so I'm not sure it would be fast enough for me?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MartiMa08
    [link] [comments]

    Are there security risks with deleting a .zip file right after it's extracted?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    I hate downloading so many folders and things from online and each time having to permanently the corresponding .zip file. Yeah, it archives it in a way. But for what I do I can always easily tell where it was downloaded from. Why isn't this something that is set by default?

    submitted by /u/morgancyborg
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take iTunes files off an external hard drive and put them on an ipad pro with an adapter? Will that work?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Is your IP address always the same on each device? What if you are taking that device to other places to use with wifi, such as to cafes, hotels, or on trains? Does the IP address change?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    SSD on USB 3.0 to SATA III cable not showing up in BIOS

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I'm trying to boot from an SSD that's connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA III cable. The drive shows up fine once I'm booted up on my internal SSD, but it won't show up in my BIOS. USB Boot shows up as Enabled in my BIOS boot settings

    submitted by /u/SnowBliz
    [link] [comments]

    Data over Wifi through any program with actual an UI,not cli

    Posted: 01 May 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I tried making a home NAS server with a raspberry pi but turns out i'm not tech savvy enough so i thought i could just store my data over an external HDD connected to the pi and stream the data over wifi(i have a seperate router for the pi)my pi is running raspbian 4.19 any software that allows this?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Any email experts here? We recently changed our email provider from Hostgator to Hushmail. Emails from 2 co-workers are still going to my junk folder, despite creating a rule and adding them to my contacts.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    I looked at the headers in the emails that go to the junk folder from my co-workers and the emails that go to the inbox.

    The emails from my co-workers include info about our hostgator hosting.

    submitted by /u/amberheartss
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect my chromecast to the WiFi that uses a 2 step sign in process?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    So I just moved into a new place, and the WiFi to sign in makes me sign in twice. For example, I choose the network name and type the password to get in. I'm doing this all on my iPad. Then after it signs me in, it takes me to the browser to sign in with my personal username and password. How do I get this to work on the chromecast?

    submitted by /u/gaphoogy
    [link] [comments]

    Stereographic display options?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    I want to display 3D content generated on a computer, preferably to multiple people if desired. Does anybody know of any decent, current, stereographic ("3D") displays? Of course VR and AR are big right now but I'm not looking for a headset. Most of what I find is from 5-10 years ago and expecting technology to last that long and be compatible seems iffy. (If there is a more appropriate sub to post to, let me know!)

    Years ago I worked with a system that put a big frame in front of the monitor and the computer would switch rapidly between left/ right views and the frame would flip polarity in sync so you could wear passive shutter glasses. Worked awesome in like 2000.

    There were 3D TVs with active shutter glasses. I haven't seen that advertised in a while. They worked ok from the few times I tried them. Maybe that's an option although I don't need a huge display, and a TV seems like overkill. Also I don't know if you can easily get the TV into 3D mode to display your own content.

    I believe NVIDIA had a shutter glasses system. Again, years ago. Still available and usable?

    There is the new autostereographic display, the Looking Glass. That doesn't seem suited to showing stereo pairs though.

    Any help?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dgsharp
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an affordable high quality desktop GPU

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Hey, with all the GPU s out there I find it dificult to get a solid comparison of speed, memory, price, and possibly low power consumption, and reliability. My upper. Limit is 300 and a 200$ one would be perfectly priced for me. But I want to know more of what to look for or perhaps a solid comparison website. Low power consumtion is related to proper heat displacement too. And with all of the different models and types out there it gets baffling.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/atlasofmars2
    [link] [comments]

    Can I unplug my extra drives and be ok with a fresh windows install on a third?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I know that this may seem like a stupid question, and it kind of is but all i need is a sanity check.

    I am having problems with my current windows install, such as frequent hitching and freezing of programs and an intermittent Ethernet based connection to the internet. but anyways onto my question.

    I am wanting to do a fresh windows install and have 2 extra drives including my main install ssd that have files that i don't want to have deleted, am i able to just unplug the sata connectors and then reconnect them when i am done with the windows reinstall?

    Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

    Edit: missing letters :)

    submitted by /u/SaintDito
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 vs Water?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    I was bagging my PS4 up for travel and somehow some water got into the Walmart bag I was using to transport it. I'd say about 2 mouthfuls of water if I had to guess at max. Is my beloved console fucked? What do I do? Please help

    submitted by /u/slumpgod47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment