• Breaking News

    Monday, May 4, 2020

    Tech Support - I live in India so youtube changed number system of views ,likes and shit to the Indian Number system and it's annoying ,Any way I can change that?

    Tech Support - I live in India so youtube changed number system of views ,likes and shit to the Indian Number system and it's annoying ,Any way I can change that?


    I live in India so youtube changed number system of views ,likes and shit to the Indian Number system and it's annoying ,Any way I can change that?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    What Was Hackable In The Year 2000?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    How do I tell if my monitor is VESA compatible

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    All I could find on Google are VESA mounts and adapters when I search it. But how do I know if mine is?

    submitted by /u/datasian_
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't get a clear answer to a post on another sub so i decided to post here

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    What is the best visualisation tool for a MongoDB-based database?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Whatever happened to the old VHF/UHF bandwidth signals they used for analog TV in the US?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I know the old analog signals took up pretty much all of the bandwidth available in most places, and the digital signals took up a considerable less amount. So in 2009 when all TV signal were forced by the FCC to give up that analog bandwidth and become digital-only, what happened to it?

    submitted by /u/dougiebgood
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to pre-record myself and display it in an online exam

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    So I have online exams coming up and there is a possibility they might ask all of us to share screens while attempting the exam or might ask us to share our webcam.

    In case, they ask us to share screen, I can just look for answers on my phone. In case, they ask us to share webcam, my movements might trigger suspicion. In case, they hold the exam on a platform which allows the user to share both screen and webcam then its a gg for me. I mean I'm gonna study but I'm gonna need my stuff ready in case I'm not able to pass or score above average.

    So this is probably not possible but is there any way?

    submitted by /u/Pisatanic
    [link] [comments]

    I have a USB mic and a USB headset, may I use both together?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Hello, weird question. However, I have a USB mic (HyperX Quadcast) and a USB headset (some sort of Razer one). The Razer headset has a mic but it sucks, and I want to be able to use the HyperX mic to talk and the Razer headset to listen, is this possible to set up on my computer?

    submitted by /u/MedvedInMoscow
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard sometimes doesn’t read my RAM?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    So I just recently built a gaming PC and it's only happening twice but sometimes my PC doesn't read all my memory. My fix that has worked so far is I just switched the RAM sticks in the opposite spots. It's worked so far. But I'm afraid it will happen in the future. Is it a problem with the motherboard or the RAM sticks? I still have time to return either product for a replacement so thanks in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/stilestilinski
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an eternal hard drive for storing some files for a very long period of time? (Let's say 8 years ish?)

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Tldr: If I buy a rugged external hard drive, store some files, and don't touch it for years, how long will it last?

    Hey, this is a bit of an odd question. I'm an artist, I spend a lot of Gbs making photoshop files, from sketches to robust paintings. It's an artist's rule of thumb to never throw out anything they draw. I was wondering if I could get an external hard drive, just for storing my files, and not touching it for years at a time. I know they say with regular use external hard drives last for a few years. But I was hoping if I just simply don't use it and put in on a shelf somewhere, it'll just last for almost a decade. After that long I'm sure I would remember to replace it/ find a better storage solution. I know Google Drive exists, but it's a lot more simple, and cheaper, to just call it a day by buying a single storage unit. And I know art sites like DA, technically keep the files as long as the site lasts, but most of the sites like that don't store the image at max quality. (And it's a nightmare to upload multiple files.)

    submitted by /u/AnotherTAA123
    [link] [comments]

    HDD erase question

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I recently wiped the HDD off my Mac and even went through the highest security option (it did 7 passes and took forever but I thought it was worth it... the US dept of defense uses this I read). Is there anything else I should make sure I do before selling this to someone? I was successful in wiping the HDD and restoring to factory settings, but did I need to do anything else?

    submitted by /u/nem91195
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for Virus Protection

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently purchased Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD. I am wondering what steps I should take to protect my new laptop from viruses and malware. I've only ever owned a Mac and don't have a lot of experience with PCs. Please advise and thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/nem91195
    [link] [comments]

    How do i put a password on my Motherboard ,like syskey?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I've seen people who put passwords on their whole system so even if you switch the HDD it would still require password,Sorry if Ii said anything stupid btw thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Running Linux on Lenovo ThinkPad T450?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I was reading an article a few days ago on r/technology about Lenovo releasing ThinkPads pre-installed with Linux. Checking the comment section, everyone's gootyholes was riled up and were commenting on how ThinkPads have already been running Linux.

    Me, as a computer noob, knew nothing about that as I was looking at the screen of my recently purchased refurbished T450 laptop. I've known about Linux ever since a friend introduced it to me over 10 years ago, but never bothered to try it out since I didn't have computer access at home at the time.

    But with this newfound information, I want to give Linux a try. However, I can't find any information regarding already having pre-installed Linux (whether it be Ubuntu, RedHat, GoFish, idk these names I'm still new to this but reading and learning).

    Anyone can help me out with this? Any handy information or tips and tricks on getting Linux? Or at least an introductory guide that you would recommend?

    submitted by /u/Captain_Superman
    [link] [comments]

    will updating drivers update my bios?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I installed a new ram on my laptop and windows 10 wont boot or wont detect it

    Posted: 03 May 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    Fix iPad or replace it?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    I have a 2016 iPad Pro 9.7", which I shattered the screen on tonight. Apple's website quotes the repair at $379. The new iPad 10.2" is $429 for the specs I want.

    Alternatively, I can look outside of Apple to fix it? I've been blessed up until this point and have never had a broken screen before.

    Advice?

    submitted by /u/Johciee
    [link] [comments]

    How can I download a JSON of all the live chat replay in a Youtube Live Chat ?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I want to download a JSON or multiple JSONs of all the chat messages in a Youtube Live Chat Replay. I tried the Chrome plugin and a few other things but I just can't figure out how to do it.

    submitted by /u/OmegawOw
    [link] [comments]

    Issue finding the correct subreddit.....

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I want to record a portion of my gameplay from my Xbox. I stream on my Xbox with the actual streaming running through a capture card and a MacBook Pro. My question is, if I want to capture the gameplay (which is on my MacBook Pro screen via the capture card), is it best for me to record the game play into a file, then replay it to capture the gameplay using screen flow or would it be better to Just capture it without recording first, basically I will play the game on my TV and my software will just shows mirror what's on my TV and I can capture it that way.

    Here is the kicker. After I capture the gameplay (which is going to be a tutorial of sorts), I am going to use the same software I used to capture the gameplay (screenflow) and edit, add annotations and basically add extra stuff to make it into a more presentable video. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you

    P.S. I tried posting this in the editors subreddit and video editing subreddit, but the mod deleted it because he said those are for guys looking for paid work. The company that makes the software, screenflow, is called Telestream. They don't have a sub reddit or even an official blog or anything to voice concerns. I am using screenflow because I know absolutely nothing about editing and it's perfect for beginners.Thank you

    submitted by /u/Power1aj
    [link] [comments]

    One plus 8 or rog phone 2

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Which one should i buy?

    I play game but not a heavy mobile gamer, watch movie and not really into taking photo.

    submitted by /u/Hunter_Kaj
    [link] [comments]

    Non internet required, preferably POV, network camera?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    New dad here. Started looking for a baby monitor, and blew to the idea of finding something more long term. Trying to find a decent PTZ Network camera, that I can control from mobile (android) or computers (windows or linux), while having a way for it, or another device on the network, to record motion and store to a network drive.

    I'd rather stay away from IOT cameras if at all possible. Many I've seen that seem to meet what I'm looking for, also appear to loosely say Internet or Wifi, as though they are both the same. The questions and answers are as though they, and the users, expect I will want internet for the cameras. Though yes I'll use the internet to see the cameras at home from away, it'll be over a VPN.

    I'm sure many cameras I've seen will work without internet, blocking internet access at the router, it's hard to say what will and will not work if they can't touch the internet, at all.

    I was thinking of using this camera, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T7DZFCK, but as described above, I can't find a clear answer, if it needs internet. It looks like I can opt out of the cloud server at least, and store motion on the SD card, but nothing stating it can use a network drive.

    If the camera, or any others, can't store to a network drive on its own, I have a DVR like system, a Raspberry Pi 3B+, that can take in video feed, detect motion, an record to a network drive from there. If the camera can be reached by the pi for a video feed, this would work nicely.

    Currently I've been messing around with Raspberry Pis (3B, 3b+, and ZeroW) with MotionEye OS, all but one being network cameras, while one does the recording. However the frame rates are not that great, even at 1024x768. But, the setup and arrangement has been fun and insightful.

    submitted by /u/LigerXT5
    [link] [comments]

    Do tiny monitors that play from hdmi exist?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    Hey yall

    I'm looking for really tiny (3-5") LCD or LED monitors that can play videos from media players (so hdmi or RCA) or if possible straight from usb. I've been looking for these types of screens for very long but Google only returns Raspberry pi touch screen monitors which don't really work for what I have in mind :(

    I tried looking into reusing old camera monitors but the internet tells me it's very almost impossible.

    submitted by /u/ijustlikecake
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to reformat WD passport external HD for mac, now it doesn't work at all

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Hello, I had a WD passport HD I just bought a couple days ago that was working fine. I had loaded some stuff onto it and tried to play videos on my samsung TV, but it said 'no content found.' I got instructions online to reformat the disk to work on the Tv using my mac's disk utility, but the process failed and now the drive doesn't appear to be readable at all on any device. Ive tried the first aid button, reformat button, nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had a similar problem and figured out how to fix it? Thank you

    submitted by /u/farnhakw
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to stop phone from listening?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I have a razor 1 phone and the other day I watched an episode on netflix with my wife, and my phone was sitting right next to the computer displaying the show. This show is something that only my wife watches. I have never searched it, googled it, or done anything in regards to it on my phone.
    Fast forward to the next day, on my suggested articles on my phone, one of them was about the show.
    The only way it could have known that I had recently interacted with that show is if it was listening. Is there a way to turn off this feature? Is there a brand of phone that doesn't do this?

    Any feedback helps!

    submitted by /u/AwesomeSocks26
    [link] [comments]

    UPS or surge protector for game system stand?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    I'm planning on having a tv stand with several generations of game systems on it. I'd like to connect them all to one UPS just to protect them from any eventual power surges, but I also figured maybe a surge protector is better since they won't all be turned on.

    Since they don't all need to be turned on, would it even be safer and cost effective to use a power extension that has on/off ports?

    As far as UPS goes, I'd still need one for my PC. Recommendations between APC and Eaton?

    submitted by /u/mylegalusername
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment