• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    Tech Support - How much can I compress a video stream by?

    Tech Support - How much can I compress a video stream by?


    How much can I compress a video stream by?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    The maximum available bandwidth is 37.5 Gbps. The raw stream is 76.2 Gbps. How much can I compress the video stream by?

    submitted by /u/Aegis616
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for unlimited LTE hotspot plan. Trying to get off of satellite internet in a rural area. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    As title says. Has anyone faced something similar and know a plan and company?

    submitted by /u/ryry117
    [link] [comments]

    External HDD file extraction?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    I am wondering if there is a way to pick and choose the files I want to upload from my external hard drive to my new computer? I downloaded everything from my old Mac onto the external HDD but am realizing I don't need or want many of the things on the new computer. Sorry if this is an obvious answer, I realize and appreciate the extensive knowledge most of you have on here. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nem91195
    [link] [comments]

    When Switching phone then do I need to keep anything else than my SIM card?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Pc

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I have a Gigabyte 1060 graphics card and im going to buy a 165hz monitor, can my gpu/1060 graphics card handle a 165hz monitor? Please help me

    submitted by /u/johnlouis16
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a better webpage builder out there

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Is there a paid or unpaid custom webpages software that allows me to build custom pages with more freedom and abilities than I'd get with WordPress or wix. I'm looking for a way to get a large chunk of the coding done to save money on a web dev where I'll then take the code (hopefully the software has an easy get code option) and foward it to a dev for more complex applications to be written and added.

    When i Google it i mainly get wix and WordPress and alike which are not really ideal for this as i don't want a theme i want to build the responsive page from the ground up

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Chuck_You
    [link] [comments]

    How long till USB flash drives go extinct ?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    What can cause the PC to stop rebooting when the hardware reboot button is pressed?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Usually when the PC freezes I just hit the reboot button, lately though it happens that the PC freezes, screen goes black and the power and reboot buttons stop working, so I have to keep the poweroff button pressed for a while to shut it down. Any idea what may happen?

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    How does linux make money , the only way i could think of was by selling my data?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Pc

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I have a Gigabyte 1060 graphics card and im going to buy a 165hz monitor can my gpu handle the my 165hz monitor? Please help me

    submitted by /u/ProudSky8
    [link] [comments]

    Even though I have microphone/camera access off on safari, if on a website that needs access to my photos or camera, safari allows it. Why?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    It's the same for Firefox and chrome and any other web app. I have photos/camera access off under restrictions and on the app settings themselves. Why?

    Question: Even though I have microphone/camera access off on safari, if on a website that needs access to my photos or camera, safari allows it. Why?

    submitted by /u/gigipogii
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between an integrated graphics card and NVIDIA? Can a laptop have only NVIDIA?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Help pleaase

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Hey guys, any websites/ mail system/ apps which will send letters to my friends after i die? A lot has been going in my life recently and i have only a few months to live. Before i leave i would like to send these personalized letter after i leave. These letters should be sent to my friends after i die.

    submitted by /u/SlimWhatifyouwin
    [link] [comments]

    Dead monitor panel?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I have a monitor (ASUS VG278Q) that died on me while I was using it. The screen went blank white but it's still recognizable by the PC (I know this because I remoted into the PC from phone). I tried different inputs, even with no input at all. All it does is blank white. Even when it's supposed to say "no signal" then go into standby, it does blank white then goes into standby.

    I can't RMA it as I live in a different country, took it to the best repair shops in town and they said it's a dead panel that requires replacement. I'm hoping that it's not and this post is a hail Mary attempt for the internet to tell me otherwise if possible. Can I fix it? And how?

    submitted by /u/SinisteRock
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iic color moniter and computer

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Hey, I need some help. I found an old Apple iic color moniter and base. I am missing the cords for it and just wanted to know where I could get them and what is this setup worth.

    Sorry on mobile

    submitted by /u/Gold_Leader_001
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth adapter

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    I have 2 Pioneer S-DJ60X speakers that aren't wireless and i want to mount the two boxes in corners of my room. Are there bluetooth adapters available for 2 speakers that make the sound stereo which i can connect into my speakers?

    Ask for more details if you want!

    submitted by /u/semk01
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take iTunes files off an external hard drive and put them on an ipad pro with an adapter? Will that work?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    How do I know if a HDMI port on my laptop connects directly to the GPU card and not the integrated graphics?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Uncontrollable scrolling on a laptop

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    For some reason, mostly in older games like Blood Bowl and Arcanum, either the lightest touch of my touchpad sends bars scrolling away, or i have to scroll a lot to get a bar to move, and when it does, i can't control it. So i end up stuck at either the beginning or end of menus and when i use my cursor to try to move the bar it pushes it back to either the top or bottom.

    My system specs shouldn't totally matter as I've had this issue with multiple laptops but maybe the fact they've all been windows 10 doesn't help. Weirder still i have just tried using an auto hotkey application to control the scrolling with my keyboard and i get the exact same issue.

    I really hope my brain is just very small and I've been doing something dumb, sorry if this isn't clear enough.

    submitted by /u/Kurzmania
    [link] [comments]

    How much noise is worth one Bitcoin?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Just a musing from today's tampering with NVIDIA RTX Voice tech using GPU power to noise cancel.

    It might not be what God intended, but it's definitely cool.

    The same could be said about Crypto mining, if you're a lunatic.

    So then the question is: How much noise is worth one bitcoin?

    How many hours of screaming baby in the other room, or fan blowing on your headset would equate to a single bitcoin worth of power consumption?

    Looks like this is a good place to start finding the answer, since these numbers seem to check out:
    https://www.thebalance.com/how-much-power-does-the-bitcoin-network-use-391280

    Looks like it maths out to.. approximately 72 Terawatts (72,000,000,000 Kilowatts) to mine a single bitcoin, as of April 22nd, 2020.

    And then there's RTX Voice, which uses.. 30 watts of power per second, steady it seems.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-rtx-voice-real-life-test-performance-benchmark/4.html
    *Note*, the power cost of RTX Voice INCLUDES the cost of engaging the tensor cores at non-throttled clock speeds, so going from totally idle and throttled to unthrottled with RTX Voice is 30 watts of power per second. It would probably be less versus a non-idle, properly spun up GPU.. while gaming or something, but given that RTX Voice is a 8-10% performance hit on even the top end cards right now, It's probably still a hefty sum.

    Anyway, that would come to 108kw/h.

    Then to find out how many hours of voice per bitcoin, we should do.. 72000000000 (KW per bitcoin) divided by 108 (voice cost per hour)

    And our answer is.. 666,666,666.666 hours of jackhammer finger smashing mechanical keyboard noise cancellation to mine one bitcoin.

    Yes, that's the actual number. Does that math out?

    Bonus question: How many joules of noise energy is required to mine a bitcoin?

    submitted by /u/Maergoth
    [link] [comments]

    Does the raspberry pi has something like intel's ME or AMD's PSP

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Looking for suggestions

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    Hey guys, looking for websites where it would send letters to my friends and family after i pass away. Things have been recently bad and i just have a few months to live. So as a good gesture I'm writing letters , I'm looking for websites/mail systems where it would send the personalised letters to my friends after i die.

    submitted by /u/SlimWhatifyouwin
    [link] [comments]

    Is the raspberry pi 4 enough for heavy browsing?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment