• Breaking News

    Friday, May 22, 2020

    Tech Support - I couldn’t find this on Google, so I was wondering if you all could help me out:

    Tech Support - I couldn’t find this on Google, so I was wondering if you all could help me out:


    I couldn’t find this on Google, so I was wondering if you all could help me out:

    Posted: 22 May 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    If you're familiar with a laptop and know how the processors and batteries work, you know that when you plug/dock in a laptop, it makes the processor work at full capacity instead of underlocking the processor and saving battery while it's not docked. Does the same thing apply to phones and other portable devices? In my mind it should, but do the Snapdragons inside Androids and chips inside iPhones/iPad enable have similar capabilities?

    Just a thought. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/strivetobecome
    [link] [comments]

    Replaceable parts for batteries in laptops

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Why aren't laptops made that way? I mean lots of laptops work perfectly fine but the battery keeps getting worse and you have to replace the whole damn thing or it's really hard to replace battery. (I'm not looking at this from business perspective with cycles and sales, but more from engineering perspective. Is there a special reason?)

    How much smaller can you make them replaceable vs non replaceable? Is it such a huge difference? So much so that size becomes an issue? 😅

    submitted by /u/Bobba_fat
    [link] [comments]

    Will the ps5 and Xbox series X require better internet speeds for online gaming?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Hey this might be the wrong place for this question, but I can't seem to find any answers online. Will I need a better internet connection for the next generation of online gaming? also what determines how well a game runs online? From personal experience when I used to game on the Xbox 360 I had little to no problems with lag or interruptions on my 5 megabytes per second speed (best I can get in my current area) but with the Ps4 I can barely play anything online without lag spikes, I moved away from this area for a while and had 30 Mbps which was great but am currently back in the 5 Mbps location. Will the new generation of consoles and online gaming increase the need for better internet speeds?

    submitted by /u/jersh123
    [link] [comments]

    Can stalkerware/spyware survive a factory reset?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Even after you've wiped your device and performed a full factory reset, can stalkerware/spyware still survive?

    submitted by /u/AnakinWayneII
    [link] [comments]

    My step-dad set up a 2nd router and network using a Powerline adapter and I think our shit is all fucky. Need help un-fucking.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    First off, we have our main 2-in-1 modem/router connected via coaxial line and all that. That's fine and dandy (though it used to be faster) and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz options to connect to. My step-dad has a 2nd router set up in the attic 3rd floor in his office. So there are 3 options: "villa", "villa5g", "villaupstairs"

    Our devices have been randomly having authentication errors, on top of the wifi being noticeably worse than I remember. Wifi and all that does often get shafted in quality by providers over time but the authentication errors point to weird shit with this 2nd router imo.

    There is a powerline adapter plugged into the wall that is hooked up via ethernet cord to the 2-in-1's basic ethernet ports in the back. The 2nd powerline adapter is in the attic and hooked up to a 2nd router. This 2nd router has its own network name, which is hidden though idk if that matters. Stepdad said the 2nd router network has its own IP address set to .1.1 instead of 1.0. He does not believe DHCP is off so it likely is not static. I would press him on checking this but he is both stoned and drunk watching "Shaft" right now and that's ok he's having a good time. The villaupstairs network does actually work when you connect to it btw.

    ANYWAYS it gets dumber. My dumb ass has a Nintendo Switch and I have a 3rd powerline boi hooked up in my bedroom because I play too much Smash Bros. The connection fluctuates wildly between 48megabits and as low as 5 megabits basically all the time. A few years ago my step brother lived in the exact same room with the exact same powerline adapter and it was spotless, except there was no 2nd router shenanigans so it was just 2 powerline adapters between the gaming device and the 2-in-1.

    (I should note the Switch's connection to the villa network is horrific. villa5g is eh, but villa does not surpass 8megabits on the Switch. Makes no sense to me since 5g should be worse when up a floor, but whatever Switches are stupid.)

    So there are multiple issues going on here. I don't know if it works to have 1 powerline adapter connected to the 2-in-1 be paired with 2 different powerline adapters hooked up to a device (the Switch) and the router. I imagine not well, I'd think you'd want 2 different pairs of adapters for each device. ALSO I have no idea if having a 2nd, non-static router network like that is actually creating issues with other devices.

    Could use some help, this is all very stupid.

    submitted by /u/plokijuh1229
    [link] [comments]

    RFID Wallet?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I just got a new credit card that has Tap to Pay included (vs Samsung Pay on my phone). I'm in the US if it's important. I didn't have an RFID blocking wallet before because I read that it was a waste, but now that I have an affected credit card I wanted to do some more investigation. I couldn't find a post more recent than a year ago and many had the same message, summarized as "It's a waste in the US because most people don't have RFID credit cards. Thieves also don't frequently use an RFID attack to steal credit cards."

    I'm curious if there's an update on the technology or if the situation changes given that I have an RFID CC.

    submitted by /u/IceMenora
    [link] [comments]

    Phone got stolen

    Posted: 21 May 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My brother sent me a phone from Australia a year ago, I live in Mexico. I was robbed yesterday.

    Should I tell him to block it with the IMEI? Doing that the phone will get blocked/unusable in Australia, but not sure if it applies here in Mexico too?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/tosenul
    [link] [comments]

    why did Google Drive file go to Windows Recycle Bin?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    So, I was home all day. I haven't been messing with any Google Drive (aka Backup and Sync) files lately but a file made it's way from Google Drive to Recycle Bin?

    I login to Windows and notice my Windows Recycle Bin has something. Strange I thought. I right-clicked file and chose Restore and it went to root of Google Drive.

    File had a date deleted of 21MAY2020@1259 PM in Recycle Bin as does the desktop.ini file located in the Google Drive/Backup and Synce folder in Windows. It had a single .bin Cisco IOS file that I obtained some time ago.

    This looks like either:

    1) My Windows 10 PC compromised (hacked)

    2) Something with Google Drive/Backup and Sync is going on.

    I'm thinking the latter as I find it hard to believe my PC was compromised.

    I did notice on iPhone several Google apps all needing updates today.

    Any info appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jasonmadruga84
    [link] [comments]

    Changing radio status of Wi-Fi software in windows 10 via command prompt or powershall

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    When we search on internet about how to turn on wifi using command prompt all solutions are about how to disable WLAN adapter which can be simply achieved by netsh command but what I was looking for is how to turn on or off my wifi without disabling network adapter. After some digging what I found is this In both cases wifi adaptor is enabled When we run Netsh WLAN show interface while wifi is on we get this

    There is 1 interface on the system:

    Name : Wi-Fi Description : Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter GUID : e1e71fab-3a91-4b36-a65b-2c68239b729f Physical address : 24:fd:52:af:76:92 State : disconnected Radio status : Hardware On Software On Hosted network status : Not started 

    But when wifi is off same command gives this.

    netsh wlan>show interface

    There is 1 interface on the system:

    Name : Wi-Fi Description : Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter GUID : e1e71fab-3a91-4b36-a65b-2c68239b729f Physical address : 24:fd:52:af:76:92 State : disconnected Radio status : Hardware On Software Off 

    Hosted network status :Not started

    So what I want is to change this radio status of software via command prompt or powershall Please help me guys.

    submitted by /u/thingsgonnawork
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion about writing book

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I am more into system area like os, distributed systems, storage, filesystems, Linux containers etc. Can awesome reddit fellows suggest me which area of systems is a thrust area now a days? Please let me know about your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/mayurp7
    [link] [comments]

    I recently purchased the Lenovo IdeaCentre 510A Desktop (Intel Core i7-8700, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive) and am having trouble playing BeamNG Drive.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Hello again; I am computer illiterate.

    BeamNG is saying I am using an Intel GPU, and that I should change it to improve performance. I can only get a minute or so in any map and the game stops responding abruptly. Is there anything I can do without affecting my other games or the computer's files?

    submitted by /u/Avelia_Liberty
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Windows seem to be flaky at keeping wi-fi working?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    Wifi seems to have rock solid reliability on my phone. But on all of the many windows devices I've owned over the years, they've all at some point acted up in the same way. What happens is that the wifi connection will be connected but not have internet access and the problem is always fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to the network. I've had devices that worked find for months and then start doing this every day then go back to normal. This has been going on for years, probably since XP. Is this a known issue? Is there an explanation?

    submitted by /u/lawrence1024
    [link] [comments]

    Why does streaming video look so much better on a TV than a computer monitor?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I got a new computer monitor, and I've been watching Netflix and Hulu on it. It's a 27" Lenovo 1440p monitor with great color saturation. Games look amazing on it. But streaming video services look low res, near VHS quality (or at least what I remember VHS quality to be).

    Behind me in the same office is a Samsung 32" 1080p TV originally purchased in 2008. Using a Chromecast, the same streaming videos look far, far better. There's no graininess, no low-res look to it.

    Why should a larger, lower resolution screen display this content so much cleaner than a smaller, higher resolution display?

    submitted by /u/drewmg
    [link] [comments]

    Best alternative to Outlook for desktop mail?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Hi. I currently use Outlook for mail on desktop, but it's driving me insane. Way too much options and annoying folders etc. that I can't remove. What's the best alternative mail client for desktop? I need something easy to use, well-structured and I need to add multiple mail accounts from different domains with imap (so they sync across my other devices). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Izzy9595
    [link] [comments]

    Compatibility

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Does Gigabyte A320M-H and Ryzen 3 3300x compatible?

    submitted by /u/lastcreed
    [link] [comments]

    RTX Card on an a320m s2h

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Will any RTX card work on my motherboard? I currently have a Ryzen 5 3600 and an RX 570 on it. I was thinking of upgrading the GPU to an RTX 2060 Super - RTX 2070 Super. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Endivity
    [link] [comments]

    My car player has changed the artists names from my usb

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    So I buy MP3s at the google music store, download onto my USB, and play in my car. I recently decided to try connecting my phone to my car using Bluetooth. Well after doing that some artists are coming up incorrectly and they were correct before and are correct on my google music app. For example Charlie Parker for Charlie Puth and a Tiffany Giardina for Gidle. It fixed one of my artists that and consolidated all their albums under one name which I appreciate but all the others are weird. If I put my USB into my computer will it fix? Or are the files corrupted and will it cause issues in my computer?

    submitted by /u/aloegreen
    [link] [comments]

    Software help: OCR series of large pdf files of scanned in sheets and extract pages containing specific number sequences

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    The normal programs I use for handling and managing data can't do this and time wise the scope of this project means any manual intervention to do this would result in dozens of hours. Is anyone aware of a type of software that is capable of this? It in essence would just be using OCR to find instances of differing number sequences and either flagging them uniformly for review or, even better, pulling out each sheet with these instances and grouping them together.

    submitted by /u/user9460
    [link] [comments]

    Wired WiFi extender

    Posted: 21 May 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    I have a wireless range extender https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/range-extender/re200/ that has an Ethernet port. Everything I read seems to talk about using it to connect to tv that doesn't have wireless capability.

    Can I use it with a long Ethernet cable to connect to my router to give me wireless somewhere completely different or do I need to get some hardware that is more like a second router?

    submitted by /u/naltsta
    [link] [comments]

    What is the better domain for a gaming website? .gg or .ca? .gg is FAR more expensive though (literally ~5x the cost).

    Posted: 21 May 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    So I am looking into finally registering a domain name in the next week or so for a website that I've been working on for a long time now.

    .com is literally thousands of dollars and that just is not obtainable for me.

    I've been teeter tottering between .gg or .ca

    .gg is commonly used by many other gaming websites and esports teams. But this is to a VERY different country than my own, Canada.

    So would it hinder SEO for this website to be .gg? Or does google SEO clue in that .gg might be a gaming website and that actually boost it?

    submitted by /u/bearLover23
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop my TV stream from lagging ?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    I want to watch a video from a media library from a certain German channel on my TV but the video keeps lagging (video plays, stops, video plays again for 1 min or so stops and so on). My wifi is literally in the next room, TV about 5 yo, wifi maybe 4. I already disconnected and reconnected the TV from the wifi but its still lagging.

    How do I make it stop lagging ? Are there some settings I could use ? Tv is a Samsung. Thanks

    submitted by /u/lzmc
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with cleaning a microUSB

    Posted: 21 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if I should post this here or not but I don't know a lot about Reddit. I dropped my charging cable into an empty cup that still had hot chocolate residue inside of it, I don't know how long it was left in the cup but when I noticed and pulled it out it was covered in the hot chocolate residue. I wanted to ask if there is any way I can clean it, its the side with the microUSB. i cleaned the outside with a damp cloth, I just have no idea how to clean the inside. I am so sorry if I posted in the wrong subreddit.

    submitted by /u/yesimfalcon
    [link] [comments]

    This link doesn’t work no matter what device, the internet connection, the browser, anything.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I found an email Cartoon Network sent back in December of 2016 saying that I had registered for a magiswords accounts and if I didn't want to maintain it or if it was an error click here. The link was to

    http://cmtrk.turner.com/t/ccdbaFB-nQAOYvCZOrBMBUNKpaS4253MSNwaaaa?r=4@35z8z6&b=eixbwfwqdk_jjdfo.Zrj&o=-6p&0=&o=kqwm://ztz.Zdowlrkqbwtron.Zrj/pXjfvtrogp/vrfZhpv

    This doesn't want to work no matter what and I know that this isn't Cartoon Network support but could someone want to fill me in on why the link doesn't work?

    submitted by /u/Bloodborne505
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to restore my desktop hard drive storage space to the original size?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Is it possible to restore my desktop hard drive storage space to the original size?

    Summary:

    I was trying to get a clean start on my desktop (X51 R2 series) Win10 OS. So, I created a copy of Win Installation from my laptop (MSI cx72 7ql). Yes, I wasn't thinking smart and kinda screwed myself.

    Once, I finished the installation, I noticed my desktop storage space which was 500 GB was copying my laptop storage space which is split into two spaces. My laptop storage space is 143 GB in one drive while the other one is 76.4 GB. So in total, it's about 219.4 gigabytes.

    Please, tell me if you're having trouble understanding my question.

    submitted by /u/LeeOhio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment